Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Thank you .. (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/thank-you-53053.html)

shillelagh 03-05-2010 02:53

Thank you ..
 
... to the 5 young blokes who pulled up in a car outside the bus stop about 3.30am and pulled down and nicked the labour posters in my garden. As you probably saw the police have been informed .. I hope you will put the posters to good use and put them in your garden. If you had knocked on my door i could have put you in contact with someone who could have provided you with a couple of posters. God knows where the posters will have ended up. Have had a look around and cant see them anywhere.

Neil 03-05-2010 03:04

Re: Thank you ..
 
I really can't imagine why anyone would want them.

shillelagh 03-05-2010 03:12

Re: Thank you ..
 
I wonder .. if further down the road in Baxenden there is a big conservative one in a garden ... i wonder if thats going to be pulled down and dragged away .. seeing as they headed that way

Neil 03-05-2010 03:30

Re: Thank you ..
 
Now if it had been me doing it I would have swapped the 2 posters around so you had the Tory one in your garden and your Labour one went where the Tory one came from :D:D:D

shillelagh 03-05-2010 03:34

Re: Thank you ..
 
i know .... thats why i know it wasnt you .. that and the fact that you wouldnt wear a silver foil round badge on the right hand side of your body .. im just deciding to whether stay up .. cos you never know the police may just knock on the door. I actually think the security guy at the offices across the road saw them on the CCTV .. cos he came out and was walking along the road.

Neil 03-05-2010 03:50

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 812037)
i know .... thats why i know it wasnt you ..

And that I am at work :D

shillelagh 03-05-2010 04:03

Re: Thank you ..
 
by the way the young bloke .. they were early 20s late teenage ... dark hair, white, about 5ft 10 - 6ft slimmish build ... if it sounds familiar ask them what they were up to at 3.30 am with his mates ...

SPUGGIE J 03-05-2010 05:35

Re: Thank you ..
 
N guess who got woken up over it. That n she aint told the rest yet and thats the worst bit.

cashman 03-05-2010 09:03

Re: Thank you ..
 
what type colour of car?;)

jaysay 03-05-2010 09:05

Re: Thank you ..
 
Wasn't me Jen Honest, anyway what would I want with them, I don't even want a Blue one:D:D

shillelagh 03-05-2010 19:58

Re: Thank you ..
 
i have had the police round tonight to find out exactly what happened and he says he will be back in touch in a couple of days and victim support will be in touch with me as well.

Ive got one thing to ask though .. didnt ask the copper ... but when i dialled 999 this morning at 3.30 .. i went through to Nottingham .. i heard them say it when i went through to the police .. so how come someone living on the rossendale/hyndburn border in Lancashire goes through to the midlands for someone to answer the phone.

MargaretR 03-05-2010 20:19

Re: Thank you ..
 
You dialled 999:eek:
Did it really warrant that response level?

flashy 03-05-2010 20:22

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 812191)
You dialled 999:eek:
Did it really warrant that response level?


i was thinking just that myself ,999 for some posters being pinched? why?

cherokee 03-05-2010 20:24

Re: Thank you ..
 
Well at least your ok jen arent you?

Neil 03-05-2010 20:34

Re: Thank you ..
 
I dial 999 if there is debris on the motorway, is that ok?

shillelagh 03-05-2010 20:35

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 812191)
You dialled 999:eek:
Did it really warrant that response level?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812195)
i was thinking just that myself ,999 for some posters being pinched? why?


In fact the policeman told me that i was right to ring 999 ..

Wynonie Harris 03-05-2010 20:40

Re: Thank you ..
 
Has Bernard not brought any replacements round yet?

shillelagh 03-05-2010 20:47

Re: Thank you ..
 
Nope he hasnt wynonie ..:D:D:D

Wynonie Harris 03-05-2010 20:52

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 812207)
Nope he hasnt wynonie ..:D:D:D

Right, young Bernard, you had a good afternoon on Saturday, now's the time for some hard work. First thing tomorrow, get up to Jen's gaff with some posters...and be sharp about it! ;)

david1 03-05-2010 20:52

Re: Thank you ..
 
IMHO , This is like litter . These boards never come down after the election for ages . I see them all over the place . The government can have you arrested for throwing something on the floor , But not for bringing the boards down ? WHY
These boards should not be allowed .

cherokee 03-05-2010 20:53

Re: Thank you ..
 
I think if 5 blokes pulled up outside my house at 3.30 am and started roaming round my garden I would be dialing 999 as well.

accyman 03-05-2010 21:00

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1 (Post 812209)
IMHO , This is like litter . These boards never come down after the election for ages . I see them all over the place . The government can have you arrested for throwing something on the floor , But not for bringing the boards down ? WHY
These boards should not be allowed .

its on her property she can leave it their all year if she likes unless you want to personaly remove it for her and mow her lawn for her while your at it of course

shillelagh 03-05-2010 21:04

Re: Thank you ..
 
mine are normally down within a couple of days of the election at the latest .. have even been known to take them down on election day .. ok late on .. but still when the polls were open ..

accyman 03-05-2010 21:05

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 812210)
I think if 5 blokes pulled up outside my house at 3.30 am and started roaming round my garden I would be dialing 999 as well.

i rang the police the other week after my neigbour rang me to tell me about two suspicous people who were hanging around my front door and peeking over my rear garden fence.

turned out it was C.I.D wanting to speak to me about an armed robbery.

apparently they are under funded and wanted some cash raising

they really do need to improve on the inteligence side of the job i look sod all liek the photofit lol

flashy 03-05-2010 21:20

Re: Thank you ..
 
ringing the local police station would have done the same job, i dont think its an emergency really is it

david1 03-05-2010 21:29

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812217)
ringing the local police station would have done the same job, i dont think its an emergency really is it

I wouldn't have rung the Police at all ! Never mind " Emergency " phone number ?

cashman 03-05-2010 21:35

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812217)
ringing the local police station would have done the same job, i dont think its an emergency really is it

3-30 in morning woman on her own 5 blokes in garden, ya aint thinking straight to me shaz.

cherokee 03-05-2010 21:38

Re: Thank you ..
 
The response time from calling the local police line takes forever for someone to come out. Thankfully on this occasion these guys only wanted her party posters but it could have been much worse. I certainly wouldnt have waited to find out.

In all fairness if this had been a different outcome and jen hadnt have dialed 999 how many would be critising for her not using the service provided.

cashman 03-05-2010 21:44

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 812223)
The response time from calling the local police line takes forever for someone to come out. Thankfully on this occasion these guys only wanted her party posters but it could have been much worse. I certainly wouldnt have waited to find out.

In all fairness if this had been a different outcome and jen hadnt have dialed 999 how many would be critising for her not using the service provided.

Agree have personally known instances when "Locals" dont even come out "Sorry Too Busy":rolleyes: n that was fer a pensioner being terrified. those knocking it, have either never used em, or been fortunate when they have.:rolleyes:

david1 03-05-2010 21:46

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 812221)
3-30 in morning woman on her own 5 blokes in garden, ya aint thinking straight to me shaz.


Maybe Cashy , But the police only turned up 15 hours later ?

shillelagh 03-05-2010 21:56

Re: Thank you ..
 
when i dialled 999 ... she said she was going to contact a police car in my area ..that being at 3.30am ...

9.45am this morning i got a phone call from the police .. who rang to arrange an appointment for a police officer to come out and find out exactly what happened

7pm tonight the police officer came out .. which was the time arranged.

slinky 03-05-2010 21:58

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 812210)
I think if 5 blokes pulled up outside my house at 3.30 am and started roaming round my garden I would be dialing 999 as well.

I totally agree.... ONLY YOU can decide if it warrents a 999 call and no-one has the right to tell you other wise.
I think I would have been scared, a women on my own while a bunch of thugs decide to tresspass on my property and start kicking the living day lights out of things in MY garden :( at 3am .... and I think I would have had the added worry of whether the posts were coming through my window.
No one knows how frightening that must have been unless you was sat there with Jen when it happened?? :(

Hope your ok Jen.... some numpties knocking around these days, hope somewhere CCTV might have picked these idiots up.

flashy 03-05-2010 21:59

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 812221)
3-30 in morning woman on her own 5 blokes in garden, ya aint thinking straight to me shaz.


Cashy its hardly an emergency is it?

cashman 03-05-2010 22:02

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812233)
Cashy its hardly an emergency is it?

Have ya bin drinking?:confused:

flashy 03-05-2010 22:03

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 812234)
Have ya bin drinking?:confused:


have you?

slinky 03-05-2010 22:08

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 812223)
The response time from calling the local police line takes forever for someone to come out.

I would like to know, who at 3:30am knows the local station number off by heart enough to have the priviledge of dialing that number when you're very frightened in your own house?? Cos I know, I would have had to get up.... go down stairs.... put lights on to find yellow pages, look up number etc... I would have been scared to even put the lights on in case they decided to put the bloody thing through my window :(

Heee by heck Cherokee, somethings never change round here hehehe... how the cotton picking hell are ya ( ooops's, look at me having a little thread wander after 2 minutes .... must be summet with this site and me )

Jen, DLTBGYD.... you did what ya thought was best at the time!! it's not you that needs a ear bashing, its the little muppets that can't keep their hands to themselves :rolleyes:

Now, where the hell am I gonna put this newly aquired red and yellow board :rolleyes::D hehehe

cashman 03-05-2010 22:08

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812236)
have you?

I cant.:(

flashy 03-05-2010 22:12

Re: Thank you ..
 
01254 382141 for future reference

cherokee 03-05-2010 22:17

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 812237)
I would like to know, who at 3:30am knows the local station number off by heart enough to have the priviledge of dialing that number when you're very frightened in your own house?? Cos I know, I would have had to get up.... go down stairs.... put lights on to find yellow pages, look up number etc... I would have been scared to even put the lights on in case they decided to put the bloody thing through my window :(

Heee by heck Cherokee, somethings never change round here hehehe... how the cotton picking hell are ya ( ooops's, look at me having a little thread wander after 2 minutes .... must be summet with this site and me )

Jen, DLTBGYD.... you did what ya thought was best at the time!! it's not you that needs a ear bashing, its the little muppets that can't keep their hands to themselves :rolleyes:

Now, where the hell am I gonna put this newly aquired red and yellow board :rolleyes::D hehehe



Well i sure wouldnt be knowing my local number.

At least by ringing and telling them what had happenend or was happening whichever the case it gave them the opportunity to assess the risk level. Had something gone wrong after that it would have been down to them.

I do think jen did the right thing 100% There are some numpties around and some unpredictable ones at that. Besides who in the right mind other than accyman would be calling for tea and biscuits at 3am,:eek: .ummm did I just put accyman in the same sentance as "right mind":eek::D

Hiya chick , long time no speak. im good ty Mel hows you?

shillelagh 03-05-2010 22:23

Re: Thank you ..
 
police non emergency number thats on this leaflet the police officer gave me is 0845 1 253545 ...

mind you i do come under rossendale/burnley and pendle .. rather than hyndburn and blackburn.

slinky 03-05-2010 22:28

Re: Thank you ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 812243)
police non emergency number thats on this leaflet the police officer gave me is 0845 1 253545 ...

mind you i do come under rossendale/burnley and pendle .. rather than hyndburn and blackburn.

I wouldn't be needing that number anyway, cos as I said, If anyone was knocking round my house upto no good at silly O'clock at night while my children were in the house, I would be ringing 999... my children and my own safety cannot be measured as to what people might think about me later ( I actually wouldn't even have this thought in my head ) you just dont know what numpties are capable of any more, sad but true :( and as I am typing this, kelloggs rice crispy advert on " crazy crazy world we live in " haha how spooky :D

mani 04-05-2010 03:05

Re: Thank you ..
 
its an epidemic!!

BBC News - Conservative party poster stolen in Blackpool

mallard 04-05-2010 11:04

Re: Thank you ..
 
Iam glad your alright and i do hope they get them.


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:48.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.10863 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1