Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Animating Accy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/animating-accy-55281.html)

garinda 20-10-2010 19:31

Re: Animating Accy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 853549)
I suggested them. And as far as value for money goes, they are extremely good value for money for the amount of publicity that they get for the town.

How is 'good value for money' evaluated?

garinda 20-10-2010 19:33

I quite like the map, by the way.

Printed on the back of an actual street map, and easily available from public places in the town, I can see as quite useful.

:D

Gayle 20-10-2010 19:35

This film has already started to go worldwide. It's been sent out virally and has had 860 hits on YouTube in just 5 days.

lancsdave 20-10-2010 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 853554)
I quite like the map, by the way.

Printed on the back of an actual street map, and easily available from public places in the town, I can see as quite useful.

:D

I agree with that. :)

Gordon Booth 20-10-2010 20:22

Whether you like this or not, there are two things I feel are wrong with it.
First- it's far too long-I had to have two tries before I could sit through the whole 13 minutes and after the first three or four minutes I felt like I'd stopped learning any more about Accy. Surely a cartoon should be short and snappy?
Second- if it's promoting Accrington why do I never get to see the town? The friendly voices with the well remembered accent are nice but the cartoon actually distracts you from listening to them.
And the target audience-artists and the arts community,heads of councils,leaders of Public bodies-why are they being targeted? With what aim in mind?
£3000 is not a lot of money but I think it misses the other three targets and won't have any effect on the three above. Well, maybe those in the first group will be amused.

Less 20-10-2010 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 853555)
It's been sent out virally

I hope people run it through their checker before watching it then, I personally use AVG Free a talented little program that looks pleasing to the eye, costs nothing but actually IS useful.
:)

garinda 20-10-2010 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 853555)
This film has already started to go worldwide. It's been sent out virally and has had 860 hits on YouTube in just 5 days.

I account for 800 of those hits.

I keep forgetting where the chavette says you can get a pint for a pound.

;)

garinda 20-10-2010 22:02

Post a picture of your dog on YouTube, but call it 'Busty bitch licks her own fanny' (bitch in a canine sense, and fanny in the American sense), and see how many hits that gets.

;)

Less 20-10-2010 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 853608)
Post a picture of your dog on YouTube, but call it 'Busty bitch licks her own fanny' (bitch in a canine sense, and fanny in the American sense), and see how many hits that gets.

;)

I take it the hound is called busty or is it in whelp?

Tealeaf 20-10-2010 22:06

I'd love to reply, Garinda,

Vicbfc 20-10-2010 22:18

I thought it was excellent :)

Stanleymad 20-10-2010 22:22

Right can we keep on topics any issue with moderations pm the mod directly, hence edit of tealeafs post. Any inappropriate postings will be subject to detetion so please think before u post should u wish to avoid this course of action. It's spoiling the thread discussion.

garinda 20-10-2010 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 853609)
I take it the hound is called busty or is it in whelp?

Busty's a three legged mongrel.

I've never sexed it, so don't know if it has an inny or an outy.

I think I'll do it now, film it, and report back tomorrow how many hits 'Rindy sexes his transneutral bitch up' has over night, after I've posted it on YouTube..

Art.

Hard work, but someone has to do it, and suffer for it, and now Bustykins will suffer too, all for the sake of art.

Less 20-10-2010 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 853621)

Hard work, but someone has to do it, and suffer for it, and now Bustykins will suffer too, all for the sake of art.

Don't lay one finger on the pooch I have 01254 231118 on my speed dial.

jaysay 21-10-2010 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 853608)

;)

Think its been done:rolleyes: