Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Animating Accy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/animating-accy-55281.html)

garinda 21-10-2010 09:24

Re: Animating Accy

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 853693)
Think its been done:rolleyes:

Another hit.

Thank you.

jaysay 21-10-2010 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 853697)
Another hit.

Thank you.

Only glad to help;)

lindsay ormerod 23-10-2010 16:59

I haven't watched and don't intend to( I've lived here for 44 years so I think I know the place well enough) but good on Gayle for doing something to promote the town instead of just sitting her jacksey and constantly whinging about the place. And yes, I know it's her job, but she must have chosen the project knowing full well the amount of flak she would get from the critical, vitriol hypocrites on here that are all too quick to knock anything even slightly left field. Keep at it Gayle!:dancedog:

Tealeaf 23-10-2010 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 854500)
I haven't watched and don't intend to( I've lived here for 44 years so I think I know the place well enough) but good on Gayle for doing something to promote the town instead of just sitting her jacksey and constantly whinging about the place. And yes, I know it's her job, but she must have chosen the project knowing full well the amount of flak she would get from the critical, vitriol hypocrites on here that are all too quick to knock anything even slightly left field. Keep at it Gayle!:dancedog:

Come on, Lindsay - name the hypocrites.

katex 23-10-2010 17:23

Well said, Lyndsay.

You forget that Gayle hasn't always anything to do with the original project sometimes, and is asked to promote what the council has done already .. no easy task. The Market Hall is a prime example.

Tealeaf 23-10-2010 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 854504)
Well said, Lyndsay.

You forget that Gayle hasn't always anything to do with the original project sometimes, and is asked to promote what the council has done already .. no easy task. The Market Hall is a prime example.

Could you possibly translate this post into the Queen's English?

katex 23-10-2010 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 854506)
Could you possibly translate this post into the Queen's English?

Anyone else have a problem with my post ? Always willing to take criticism on board ... :confused:

yerself 23-10-2010 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex
Anyone else have a problem with my post ? Always willing to take criticism on board ...:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex
hasn't always anything to do with the original project sometimes

Could be this.:rolleyes:

garinda 23-10-2010 19:10

Quote:

My understanding of hypocrisy is saying one thing, yet believing another.

I've seen no evidence of that in this thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't like the film. Some poeople do. I didn't. The animation didn't add anything to the interviews. It just left me wanting to see the actual people speaking, and I did find it a bit old fashioned.

I liked the map, as I posted.

I think the 'community art' crocheting project was a woeful, embarrassing exercise, as a piece of 'art'..

When I first mentioned the crocheting, it was in relation to the Market Hall refurbishment. When the traders were telling people it was funded by the 'council'.

I had no idea Gayle had any connection to the project.

As far as I knew, when she replied to Acrylic-bob, about what her role was at H.B.C., I thought she replied she was now creative director of the arts centre in Oswaldtwistle, and she gave the salary. Though I don't remember seeing the post advertised. I, and presumably others, don't know she now has other offical responsibilities in Hyndburn.

People are free to give their opinions, when things are posted for discussion.

I look forward to seeing any examples of hypocrisy. Just as in the other thread, about the value of commmunity arts, I look forward to finding out where the funding came from, and what fees and costs were involved, with these three promotional tools.

garinda 23-10-2010 19:22

Quote:

..quick to knock anything even slightly left field. Keep at it Gayle!

How do you know it's 'left field', if, as you say, you haven't actually watched the film, and have no intention of doing so?

Critiquing, and labelling something you haven't seen, could been seen as a tad hypocritical.

By others, I add. I hate attaching labels to people.

walkinman221 23-10-2010 19:54

To be fair i think the left field comment was aimed at the concept rather than the film itself

Loz 23-10-2010 20:33

I thought it was okay, a little bit long but at least it's something promoting accy, my main problem with it was wanting to see who was talking, i wanted to see if i knew anybody providing the voices but then again i am nosey :)

lindsay ormerod 23-10-2010 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 854527)
How do you know it's 'left field', if, as you say, you haven't actually watched the film, and have no intention of doing so?

Critiquing, and labelling something you haven't seen, could been seen as a tad hypocritical.

By others, I add. I hate attaching labels to people.

I think you know me better than that, I am just a tad disillusioned by the negativity on this whole site, no friendly banter anymore, just shooting down new members and pointless arguments . If the money is a grant for a specific purpose, then that's all it can be used for, hence the Aldo Zilli farce and to some extent if the money was there to do a film, then yes, do it, do it as cheaply as you can and with the best results.
Don't all have a go at Gayle, as Katex was saying , sometimes she has to come in and do what she can when decisions have already been made.

*Just as an aside, no longer moderating ..a) already spend far too much looking at screens and b) recent events have taught me that life is far too bloody short for all this.

garinda 23-10-2010 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 854563)
I think you know me better than that, I am just a tad disillusioned by the negativity on this whole site, no friendly banter anymore, just shooting down new members and pointless arguments . If the money is a grant for a specific purpose, then that's all it can be used for, hence the Aldo Zilli farce and to some extent if the money was there to do a film, then yes, do it, do it as cheaply as you can and with the best results.
Don't all have a go at Gayle, as Katex was saying , sometimes she has to come in and do what she can when decisions have already been made.

*Just as an aside, no longer moderating ..a) already spend far too much looking at screens and b) recent events have taught me that life is far too bloody short for all this.

Nowhere I have I 'had a go at Gayle'.

As posted, I like the map. So one out of three ain't bad, and again as posted earlier, when I first mentioned the crocheting community art project, I honestly had no knowledge she was involved in any way.

I know Gayle. I like and admire her. We are probably quite similar, in that we both passionately believe in things, but sometimes these may be different things.

I agree that humour is as sadly as scarce as hen's teeth on here, of late.

garinda 23-10-2010 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 854540)
my main problem with it was wanting to see who was talking

That was my main point.

As a race we read peoples' faces. It's an inbuilt survival technique we've developed.

You have to be clever to overcome that desire.

You don't watch Walt Disney's classic 1937 Snow White, and want to see the voice over actress, because it's so believable as a piece of animation.

I watched the film, frustrated that I couldn't actually see those interviewed. The visuals didn't take away that craving.