Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Royal Wedding - The poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/royal-wedding-the-poll-56785.html)

garinda 11-02-2011 09:09

Royal Wedding - The poll.

'People love to party and the Royal Wedding of William and Kate provides a great opportunity for a good old "knees up". We are planning a whole host of events here in Hyndburn and also want to make it as easy as possible for local people to celebrate this historic event in your own way including staging your own street party. Ideas are very much at the early stages, but we'd like to have our very our own Hyndburn Royal Wedding festival over the Easter weekend starting on Friday 22 April, taking in St George's day on Monday 25 April and then over the following weekend starting on the big day itself 29 April and running until the May Day Bank Holiday on Mon 2 May. Watch the Observer for more news as ideas are firmed up.'
Leaders Viewpoint February 2011

Is this wedding important enough to you, that you're happy that tax payers' money will be spent celebrating the event here in Hyndburn?

Mick 11-02-2011 09:16

Re: Royal Wedding - The poll.

ok voted:D

jaysay 11-02-2011 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 882423)
'People love to party and the Royal Wedding of William and Kate provides a great opportunity for a good old "knees up". We are planning a whole host of events here in Hyndburn and also want to make it as easy as possible for local people to celebrate this historic event in your own way including staging your own street party. Ideas are very much at the early stages, but we'd like to have our very our own Hyndburn Royal Wedding festival over the Easter weekend starting on Friday 22 April, taking in St George's day on Monday 25 April and then over the following weekend starting on the big day itself 29 April and running until the May Day Bank Holiday on Mon 2 May. Watch the Observer for more news as ideas are firmed up.'
Leaders Viewpoint February 2011

Is this wedding important enough to you, that you're happy that tax payers' money will be spent celebrating the event here in Hyndburn?

I've voted no, pity there wasn't a no bloody way really:rolleyes:

garinda 11-02-2011 09:42

Sorry for quoting my own post, but my own feelings on this issue were made in the Market Hall thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 882405)
I suspect, if pushed, most folks would wish them well, after so many disastrous marriages in that particular family.

As for civic celebrations, the days of referential joy at occasions such as this, have long past.

Anyone interested will watch the box at home, or look at pictures of the nuptials in Hello, or Heat.

flashy 11-02-2011 10:28

well some pratt in't th'Observer obviously thinks they should....i despise that man and i don't even live in Hyndburn

cashman 11-02-2011 12:30

voted no way n they can shove the firework display were the sun dont shine.:mad:

pipinfort 11-02-2011 14:40

Its a big FAT NO from me..................

shillelagh 11-02-2011 15:10

I always thought st georges day was the 23rd April ....

Gordon Booth 11-02-2011 16:17

That 'underspend ' of £750,000(see 'Leaders viewpoint) is going to come in usefull! I hope it's enough.
I'm not entitled to vote, after all it's not my council tax being spent so I'll leave it to the 'contributors'. I just hope our council don't have similar grandious plans they want ME to contribute to!

garinda 11-02-2011 16:27

Thanks Tealeaf, for sending your vote up from London, showing that you think we should be spending local taxes celebrating this wedding.

What have you got planned to celebrate this auspicious event in your own manor, the Peoples' Republic of Tower Hamlets?

Obviously you, and your Pearly King outfit will be in demand, what with all the extra tourists down there.

:rolleyes:

Eric 11-02-2011 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 882542)
I always thought st georges day was the 23rd April ....

Right on ... and it is also the date of Shakespeare's death, and possibly his birth. Maybe the Leader of Hyndburn Council could read something appropriate from the Bard:rolleyes:. Or battle a dragon.:D

garinda 11-02-2011 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 882556)
Right on ... and it is also the date of Shakespeare's death, and possibly his birth. Maybe the Leader of Hyndburn Council could read something appropriate from the Bard:rolleyes:. Or battle a dragon.:D

According to the Observer, though it's not on their website yet, there are plans that a 'recycled' dragon will be slayed, by some thespians from the Ossy Players.

gynn 11-02-2011 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 882556)
Maybe the Leader of Hyndburn Council could read something appropriate from the Bard:rolleyes:. Or battle a dragon.:D

In honour of the new lavatorial arrangements in the town centre....

"To pee or not to pee. That is the question!"

Eric 11-02-2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 882560)
According to the Observer, though it's not on their website yet, there are plans that a 'recycled' dragon will be slayed, by some thespians from the Ossy Players.

I don't like the slaying thing:mad: .... I was going to put my hopes and my money on the dragon:theband: Could get some Canadian content for the ex-pats over here, and hire Georges St. Pierre to star as the dragon:D

garinda 11-02-2011 16:49

Wanted -
=====
Dragon.
Ossy Players.
Open audition.

There'll be fights to secure this prestigious role.

:rolleyes: