Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   HBC have taken away the benches from outside the market (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hbc-have-taken-away-the-benches-from-outside-the-market-59394.html)

lancsdave 26-09-2011 21:31

HBC have taken away the benches from outside the market

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 915206)
Been up for a quick visit to the Holy City today. Very enjoyable apart from the low lives sat in front of the market hall shouting, swearing and making life unpleasant for everyone. But sadly, nothing's going to change as long as the councillors of the ruling party keep their heads stuck firmly in the sand...

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :rolleyes:

You'll be pleased to know they have now taken action against the low lives sat in front of the market. Rather than sort out the low lives they have taken the benches away so nobody can sit there :rolleyes:

Neil 26-09-2011 21:36

Re: Untidy Hyndburn - Please Post Your Pictures

Maybe they will close the town centre so it looks tidy next

Wynonie Harris 26-09-2011 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 936115)
You'll be pleased to know they have now taken action against the low lives sat in front of the market. Rather than sort out the low lives they have taken the benches away so nobody can sit there :rolleyes:

Amazing, truly amazing. So innocent citizens now have nowhere to sit when they're out shopping. Accyweb Labour councillors, explanation please!

garinda 26-09-2011 21:50

Perhaps there's someone just behingd the Market Hall door.

Hurriedly, and artistically, crocheting.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...uaegoEwGP7yGfg

:rolleyes:

Ken Moss 27-09-2011 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 936119)
Amazing, truly amazing. So innocent citizens now have nowhere to sit when they're out shopping. Accyweb Labour councillors, explanation please!

Just gimme 24 hours.....

I feel like Quincy.

garinda 27-09-2011 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 936162)

I feel like Quincy.

Odd thing, the imagination.

We were more getting Hetty Wainthropp Investigates.

:D

Ken Moss 27-09-2011 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 936177)
Odd thing, the imagination.

We were more getting Hetty Wainthropp Investigates.

:D

Hetty and I never saw eye to eye, not after all that business with the Earl Grey and macaroons.

I'll fire up the Cooper and put my investigating hat on.

Mind you, with the characters I come across I sometimes feel more like I'm in an episode of Dick Spanner...

jaysay 27-09-2011 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 936178)
Hetty and I never saw eye to eye, not after all that business with the Earl Grey and macaroons.

I'll fire up the Cooper and put my investigating hat on.

Mind you, with the characters I come across I sometimes feel more like I'm in an episode of Dick Spanner...

Oh the joys of being a councillor:D

lancsdave 27-09-2011 09:02

Well it failed anyway. At 9.10am this morning there was a group of about 10 of them stood where the benches were.

There was an article in last weeks Observer about a £2 million bid to restore Blackburn Rd and make it more appealing. The council could save that by renting a doss den on an out of town industrial estate, even throw in free transport very morning to get them there. Instant improvements for the town centre

Neil 27-09-2011 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 936162)
Just gimme 24 hours.....

I feel like Quincy.

Quincy :D you are showing your age now lad, he must be worm food by now. He was old when I remember watching him.

Neil 27-09-2011 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 936186)
Well it failed anyway. At 9.10am this morning there was a group of about 10 of them stood where the benches were.

There was an article in last weeks Observer about a £2 million bid to restore Blackburn Rd and make it more appealing. The council could save that by renting a doss den on an out of town industrial estate, even throw in free transport very morning to get them there. Instant improvements for the town centre

I read that in the paper.

My guess is that the officers involved will be cursing the Councillors responsible for releasing the story. These big bids can be hard to get and failure often ends up with the public moaning on about the failure for years to come.

Been there and heard the moaning with the park.

I wish them the best of luck with the bid and hope they manage to pull it off, I like seeing external money being used to improve the area especially when local firms are used for the work.

lancsdave 30-09-2011 14:45

There's an article in the LT about the benches.

In the same way I thought the decision about the toilets was wrong I am now going to show non-political bias and say sorry Clare it's the wrong decision if you listen to the people commenting about the subject when they see the LT Billboard next door.

Get rid of the drunks and the low lifes instead of penalising the innocent. Maybe the council could employ town centre security if the police can't do the job.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...om_Accrington/

garinda 30-09-2011 15:31

How friggin' stupid!

Someone was sadly killed by a bus the other year.

Why haven't buses been banned, if you're going to be so stupidly illogical?

Last year someone in the borough died after falling out of a tree.

Why not cut down all the trees in Hyndburn?

So to deter undesirables, benches that are used my many, have beeen taken away?

A better idea, if you want to go down that route, would to be stop supporting Maundy Grange. The biggest draw for low lifes visiting the town centre, and harassing innocent people.

I've personally sat there many times, when my legs freeze because of Parkinson's, until I'm able to shuffle off again. Many, many other people use those benches too.

I honestly can't believe H.B.C. have done such a stupid thing, and for such a ludicrous reason.

Tap, tap, tap.

There goes another nail in Accrington's coffin.

I might have to do my shopping in a place that's more welcoming, especially to those who might be in need of a seat every now and then.

Well done.

:mad:

garinda 30-09-2011 15:37

Sadly I feel like I'm having a déjà vu moment.

Like I'm back living in loony Lambeth.

:(

Wynonie Harris 30-09-2011 17:33

Exactly as I thought! :mad:

Never mind, we've a fair few members from Hyndburn's ruling party on here. I'm sure they'll explain. ;)