Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   I'm a bit disappointed really (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/im-a-bit-disappointed-really-60176.html)

jaysay 18-12-2011 09:04

I'm a bit disappointed really

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed really, its now 3 days since the latest edition of the Accrington Observer published and nobody has thought to congratulate our illustrious MPs promotion, (announced in his Obs column)It appears that the rewards are high within the Labour Party for stabbing those who voted for you in the back, congratulations Graham well done hope you enjoy your new found fame within the Labour Party

Margaret Pilkington 18-12-2011 09:06

Re: I'm a bit disappointed really

It is much more disappointing to have a 'sell out your electorate' MP.

Less 18-12-2011 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 956625)
Accrington Observer published and nobody has thought to congratulate our illustrious MPs promotion,

Link please, we can't work on hearsay.

jaysay 18-12-2011 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 956638)
Link please, we can't work on hearsay.

Its in the obs Less, get of your backside and go a buy one:D:D

groove 18-12-2011 10:19

Groove thinks local politics is boring. He thinks the mods should create a special section for this absolute tedium.

steve2qec 18-12-2011 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 956646)
Groove thinks local politics is boring. He thinks the mods should create a special section for this absolute tedium.

Yes! I was duped into looking at this thread because I thought it really was "General Chat" if it was under "Absolute Tedium" I would've avoided it...haha!!

Margaret Pilkington 18-12-2011 10:31

Local politics........? Isn't the definition of local politics something that a councillor does(or perhaps doesn't do)?
This is the sitting MP we are talking about. The representative for our town.
That is the problem.......people do not think politics affects them...that is why the turnout at elections is so poor.
Politics, both local and national, affect everything in your lives.

gynn 18-12-2011 10:39

I'll start congratulating politicians when they have the courtesy of coming on here and answering perfectly reasonable questions that we ask. Until then, they don't deserve the time of day.

By the way, its now 39 days since the Kasmir Council meeting, and the minutes showing what was agreed have STILL not been posted on the website.

Hyndburn is an Excellent Council, as determined by the now defunct Audit Commission.

:(

groove 18-12-2011 10:44

Considering the M.P in question is this towns representative Groove thinks this is 'local' Miss.P......although Groove never votes because although local politics may affect him, he can do little about it. Groove's vote is'nt gonna tip the election, and if it did it would only benefit a typical bag of wind politician. During the local elections Groove looks on in amusement as his neighbours put 'labour' stickers and flags in the windows, and some local busybody shopkeeper thrives under the illusion he's important because he wears a suit and is discussed locally by other busybodys and gets his name in the Observer...Groove is bemused at the whole spectacle, a trait passed down by his parents who worked hard, kept their selves to their selves and left all this nonsense to the buffoons who enjoy it.

jaysay 18-12-2011 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 956656)
I'll start congratulating politicians when they have the courtesy of coming on here and answering perfectly reasonable questions that we ask. Until then, they don't deserve the time of day.

By the way, its now 39 days since the Kashmir Council meeting, and the minutes showing what was agreed have STILL not been posted on the website.

Hyndburn is an Excellent Council, as determined by the now defunct Audit Commission.

:(

Gynn I started this as tongue, just thought I'd point that out;)
And you mean they are still using that statement which the then opposition ridiculed so much, well I'm shocked and stunned and not a little amazed:rolleyes:

jaysay 18-12-2011 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 956653)
Local politics........? Isn't the definition of local politics something that a councillor does(or perhaps doesn't do)?
This is the sitting MP we are talking about. The representative for our town.
That is the problem.......people do not think politics affects them...that is why the turnout at elections is so poor.
Politics, both local and national, affect everything in your lives.

Well I think the proof of the pudding Margaret is in the fact that at a Parliamentary bi-election on Thursday on 28% turned out to vote, think that says it all really

Less 18-12-2011 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 956643)
Its in the obs Less, get of your backside and go a buy one:D:D

I'd rather buy a Daily Mail, but I won't.

jaysay 18-12-2011 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 956667)
I'd rather buy a Daily Mail, but I won't.

Ya Less great minds think alike:thumbsup:

Barrie Yates 18-12-2011 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 956646)

Simple solution - don't read posts that you don't like

Margaret Pilkington 18-12-2011 15:09

Groove has confirmed my point.