Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/public-grief-in-north-korea-kim-jung-il-is-dead-60184.html)

ToffeeGuy 19-12-2011 14:28

re: Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

His funeral is planned for December 28, with a mourning period to last until December 29.

If you were hoping to spend a Happy Christmas in Pyongyang, I'd forget it.

Neil 19-12-2011 15:59

Re: Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

I have just merged the two threads that were discussing this.

accyman 19-12-2011 16:06

Re: Public Grief in North Korea

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 956974)
Did you see the pictures of public grief on the streets of North Korea? Crowds of people in apparent hysterics grieving the loss of their leader.

Either they have been brainwashed or are taking the proverbial for the sake of the cameras.

Very unconvincing, whatever it is!

those who dont show enough grief will most likely be executed

wasnt he the chap that executed people for wearing glasses as he deemed it a sign of superior intelligence and saw intelligent people as a threat ?

Eric 19-12-2011 16:09

Nice to have a little good news befor Christmas:D

accyman 19-12-2011 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 957038)
Nice to have a little good news befor Christmas:D

great news would be his son dropping dead too so that his other son can take over.The son kim didnt choose as his successor seems quit ehappy to play computer games than torture people its no wonder he didnt get the job lol

jaysay 19-12-2011 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudwoppa (Post 956993)
I wonder how the North Korean propaganda machine reported his death: given his perceived immortality / deity status.

Will be interesting to see what happens under Kim 'Wrong Un'.

I said earlier he died on Saturday and it took until this morning for them to concoct a report of his death, which was announced on Korean State TV

jaysay 19-12-2011 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 957041)
great news would be his son dropping dead too so that his other son can take over.The son kim didnt choose as his successor seems quit ehappy to play computer games than torture people its no wonder he didnt get the job lol

Must have been a mummies boy:D

ToffeeGuy 19-12-2011 22:03

Apparently he died on a train. The conductor asked for his ticket, he didn't move, and was thrown off by da 'Big Man'. Later enquiries revealed he'd actually eaten a dodgy prawn sandwich from the buffet.

Mancie 19-12-2011 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy (Post 957140)
Later enquiries revealed he'd actually eaten a dodgy prawn sandwich from the buffet.

Ah-so.. he was a Man UTD supporter?..in that case it's a great loss.:(

garinda 19-12-2011 22:49

I wonder who he's come back as?

Next door neighbour's budgie's just laid an egg.

:rolleyes:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ZTVGG5qTo2JK57

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...IwxEIvK6s4ycue

jaysay 20-12-2011 09:28

I've been watching scenes of people in the street screaming and crying all over the place, that's everybody, I know there's always sadness when some one dies, but this is what I would call just a tad overkill, hell I have lost both my parents and although very upset at the time I certainly refrained from a public show like this, if a Prime Minister of any party died in office I doubt if you'd see a tear shed on the streets never mind mass hysteria

Tealeaf 20-12-2011 12:05

I bet we will see similar scenes on the streets of Blackburn next April when Rovers get the formal drop.

groove 20-12-2011 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 957178)
I've been watching scenes of people in the street screaming and crying all over the place, that's everybody, I know there's always sadness when some one dies, but this is what I would call just a tad overkill, hell I have lost both my parents and although very upset at the time I certainly refrained from a public show like this, if a Prime Minister of any party died in office I doubt if you'd see a tear shed on the streets never mind mass hysteria

Its stange really cos he must have been the most feared, hated, tyrannical dictator in the world. The gulags in modern day N.Korea make the nazi death camps look like Butlins. As has been suggested, i think people are grieving out of fear of reprisals if they don't grieve.

Tealeaf 20-12-2011 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 957204)
As has been suggested, i think people are grieving out of fear of reprisals if they don't grieve.

Just like most labour MP's, I think. They vote out of fear for what the boy Milliband tells them to vote.

mobertol 20-12-2011 13:13

Every population has a it's own national character, temperament and inclination I suppose.:rolleyes:

This seems to be particularly well-ordered and orchestrated for the rest of the world to see. Was he really seen as a "God" by some of these people or is the oppression really so great (I suspect so!).

I remember when Pope John-Paul II died there was genuine grief in Italy - and who can forget the amazing out-pouring of grief in the UK when Princess Diana died -that would have been unheard of at one time!

Maybe behind the scenes the N. Koreans are hoping that new young ruler Kim Jong Un may mean a breath of fresh air and some changes for the better given that he is rumoured to have studied in Switzerland...There are some that believe he is the alter ego of Booji Boy -lead singer of Devo:D

booji boy - Bing Video