Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/public-grief-in-north-korea-kim-jung-il-is-dead-60184.html)

alan7554 19-12-2011 08:23

Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

it has been annouinced that the N.Korean desspot and dictator KIM JUNG IL is not il anymore but dead,how do people on here feel it will affect the situation with S Korea and the surrounding asian countries and also the western world,only takes 1 idiot to push the button and his son is very inexperienced, ANY ONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS

cashman 19-12-2011 08:59

re: Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

Wont make a jot of difference,his successor will be just as nutty.

jaysay 19-12-2011 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 956943)
Wont make a jot of difference,his successor will be just as nutty.

Well it is his son, chip off the old block:rolleyes:

jaysay 19-12-2011 09:11

So this on Breakfast TV this morning, he died on Saturday, but it took them two days to prepare the official statement, it actually showed a bunch of people watching the statement being made on Korean TV, they were crying like babies, wonder if that was stage managed, the camera operator was quite good really he managed to keep the guy with the machine gun out of shot throughout the film clip;)

gynn 19-12-2011 12:06

Public Grief in North Korea

Did you see the pictures of public grief on the streets of North Korea? Crowds of people in apparent hysterics grieving the loss of their leader.

Either they have been brainwashed or are taking the proverbial for the sake of the cameras.

Very unconvincing, whatever it is!

Tealeaf 19-12-2011 12:11

Re: Public Grief in North Korea

Aye, I've just seen it. Did you notice Mancie and Comonstanley crying their eyes out?

cashman 19-12-2011 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 956975)
Aye, I've just seen it. Did you notice Mancie and Comonstanley crying their eyes out?

Did yeh notice if it was Toffee Guy,holding the machine gun?:D

groove 19-12-2011 12:17

Groove dislikes these mawkish public displays of grief.

cashman 19-12-2011 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 956980)
Groove dislikes these mawkish public displays of grief.

You caused one sat night by not appearing.:D

flashy 19-12-2011 12:29

he won't ever be known as Kim Jung il anymore...they changed his name to Kim Jung Dead

Pudwoppa 19-12-2011 12:47

I wonder how the North Korean propaganda machine reported his death: given his perceived immortality / deity status.

Will be interesting to see what happens under Kim 'Wrong Un'.

wallop79 19-12-2011 13:03

never heard of him, couldn't care less - simple!

groove 19-12-2011 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 956981)
You caused one sat night by not appearing.:D

Groove apologises Mr.Cashman.

Jim Procter 19-12-2011 13:56

Never seen scenes like this, masses of people crying in public. Where is the old stiff upper lip?

cashman 19-12-2011 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Procter (Post 957001)
Never seen scenes like this, masses of people crying in public. Where is the old stiff upper lip?

Now jim i'd be crying maybe,wi a machine gun pointed at me.:D

ToffeeGuy 19-12-2011 14:28

His funeral is planned for December 28, with a mourning period to last until December 29.

If you were hoping to spend a Happy Christmas in Pyongyang, I'd forget it.

Neil 19-12-2011 15:59

Re: Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

I have just merged the two threads that were discussing this.

accyman 19-12-2011 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 956974)
Did you see the pictures of public grief on the streets of North Korea? Crowds of people in apparent hysterics grieving the loss of their leader.

Either they have been brainwashed or are taking the proverbial for the sake of the cameras.

Very unconvincing, whatever it is!

those who dont show enough grief will most likely be executed

wasnt he the chap that executed people for wearing glasses as he deemed it a sign of superior intelligence and saw intelligent people as a threat ?

Eric 19-12-2011 16:09

Nice to have a little good news befor Christmas:D

accyman 19-12-2011 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 957038)
Nice to have a little good news befor Christmas:D

great news would be his son dropping dead too so that his other son can take over.The son kim didnt choose as his successor seems quit ehappy to play computer games than torture people its no wonder he didnt get the job lol

jaysay 19-12-2011 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudwoppa (Post 956993)
I wonder how the North Korean propaganda machine reported his death: given his perceived immortality / deity status.

Will be interesting to see what happens under Kim 'Wrong Un'.

I said earlier he died on Saturday and it took until this morning for them to concoct a report of his death, which was announced on Korean State TV

jaysay 19-12-2011 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 957041)
great news would be his son dropping dead too so that his other son can take over.The son kim didnt choose as his successor seems quit ehappy to play computer games than torture people its no wonder he didnt get the job lol

Must have been a mummies boy:D

ToffeeGuy 19-12-2011 22:03

Apparently he died on a train. The conductor asked for his ticket, he didn't move, and was thrown off by da 'Big Man'. Later enquiries revealed he'd actually eaten a dodgy prawn sandwich from the buffet.

Mancie 19-12-2011 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy (Post 957140)
Later enquiries revealed he'd actually eaten a dodgy prawn sandwich from the buffet.

Ah-so.. he was a Man UTD supporter?..in that case it's a great loss.:(

garinda 19-12-2011 22:49

I wonder who he's come back as?

Next door neighbour's budgie's just laid an egg.

:rolleyes:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ZTVGG5qTo2JK57

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...IwxEIvK6s4ycue

jaysay 20-12-2011 09:28

I've been watching scenes of people in the street screaming and crying all over the place, that's everybody, I know there's always sadness when some one dies, but this is what I would call just a tad overkill, hell I have lost both my parents and although very upset at the time I certainly refrained from a public show like this, if a Prime Minister of any party died in office I doubt if you'd see a tear shed on the streets never mind mass hysteria

Tealeaf 20-12-2011 12:05

I bet we will see similar scenes on the streets of Blackburn next April when Rovers get the formal drop.

groove 20-12-2011 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 957178)
I've been watching scenes of people in the street screaming and crying all over the place, that's everybody, I know there's always sadness when some one dies, but this is what I would call just a tad overkill, hell I have lost both my parents and although very upset at the time I certainly refrained from a public show like this, if a Prime Minister of any party died in office I doubt if you'd see a tear shed on the streets never mind mass hysteria

Its stange really cos he must have been the most feared, hated, tyrannical dictator in the world. The gulags in modern day N.Korea make the nazi death camps look like Butlins. As has been suggested, i think people are grieving out of fear of reprisals if they don't grieve.

Tealeaf 20-12-2011 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 957204)
As has been suggested, i think people are grieving out of fear of reprisals if they don't grieve.

Just like most labour MP's, I think. They vote out of fear for what the boy Milliband tells them to vote.

mobertol 20-12-2011 13:13

Every population has a it's own national character, temperament and inclination I suppose.:rolleyes:

This seems to be particularly well-ordered and orchestrated for the rest of the world to see. Was he really seen as a "God" by some of these people or is the oppression really so great (I suspect so!).

I remember when Pope John-Paul II died there was genuine grief in Italy - and who can forget the amazing out-pouring of grief in the UK when Princess Diana died -that would have been unheard of at one time!

Maybe behind the scenes the N. Koreans are hoping that new young ruler Kim Jong Un may mean a breath of fresh air and some changes for the better given that he is rumoured to have studied in Switzerland...There are some that believe he is the alter ego of Booji Boy -lead singer of Devo:D

booji boy - Bing Video

ToffeeGuy 20-12-2011 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 957178)

It'll be interesting to see the reaction when Mrs T passes away.

cashman 20-12-2011 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy (Post 957211)
It'll be interesting to see the reaction when Mrs T passes away.

well all long time members on here know what mine will be.

groove 20-12-2011 13:57

Groove cant understand the animosity shown to Thatcher...she appears to have had more backbone than all PM's since.

mobertol 20-12-2011 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 957213)

You may surprise yourself Cashy!

Whenever an "Iconic" person, who has always been around for as long as you can remember, goes and pops off. I find it's sad -something to do with a part of your lifetime becoming History and getting older too.:rolleyes::D

cashman 20-12-2011 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 957218)
You may surprise yourself Cashy!

Whenever an "Iconic" person, who has always been around for as long as you can remember, goes and pops off. I find it's sad -something to do with a part of your lifetime becoming History and getting older too.:rolleyes::D

You may well find it sad, but as fer suprise meself, yeh certainly don't know me di,;) it would be ruddy amazing.

cashman 20-12-2011 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 957217)
Groove cant understand

Thats one thing we can agree on.:D Gengis Khan, Atilla The Hun, had backbone, dont make em good old boys in my eyes.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 20-12-2011 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 957224)
Gengis Khan had backbone, dont make em good old boys in my eyes.:rolleyes:

Yeah, but his lad, Ilyas is a good 'un. ;)

mobertol 20-12-2011 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 957220)
You may well find it sad, but as fer suprise meself, yeh certainly don't know me di,;) it would be ruddy amazing.

Never say never! She'll bat on for quite a bit yet I imagine and they do say we all get mellower with age...:D

Wynonie Harris 20-12-2011 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 957228)
and they do say we all get mellower with age...:D

Cashy is the exception that proves the rule! :D

cashman 20-12-2011 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 957234)
Cashy is the exception that proves the rule! :D

There speaks a guy that does know me di.;)

garinda 20-12-2011 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 957237)
There speaks a guy that does know me di.;)

Yup, more chance of Hell freezing over, than Cashy not doing a conga round the streets of Accy, when the old girl pegs it.

Good job I'm not the undertaker.

I'd put her coffin on a swivel pulley system, with a crank handle on her tombstone.

So that people could come along and pay their respects forever more.

Nevermind the Lady's not for turning.

She'd be turned so often you could power a generator in a former pit village.

jaysay 20-12-2011 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 957261)
Yup, more chance of Hell freezing over, than Cash not doing a conga round the streets of Accy, when the old girl pegs it.

Good job I'm not the undertaker.

I'd put her coffin on a swivel pulley system, with a crank handle on her tombstone.

So that people could come along and pay their respects forever more.

Never Mind the Lady's not for turning.

She'd be turned so often you could power a generator in a former pit village.

I for one think that if she had been dealing with the European mob, we certainly wouldn't be kowtowing down the the Brussels bureaucrats like we have been for the last 20 years

accyman 20-12-2011 18:16

are they still debating if Thatcher should have a state funeral or have they decided to let her actually die before burrying her ? :D

MargaretR 20-12-2011 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 957315)
are they still debating if Thatcher should have a state funeral or have they decided to let her actually die before burrying her ? :D

It looks like there will be
Margaret Thatcher approves plans for her funeral at St Paul's Cathedral | Mail Online

Eric 20-12-2011 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 957213)

She'll need a grave the size of Yorkshire so that there will be enough room for those wanting to dance on it:D

Hey, I finally found a good use for Yorkshire:eek:

Boeing Guy 20-12-2011 20:35

Not forgetting that the people of North Korea only get told what the government wants to tell them.
Pure big brother there

cashman 20-12-2011 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 957345)
Not forgetting that the people of North Korea only get told what the government wants to tell them.
Pure big brother there

True but they put a good pretence up here.:D

ToffeeGuy 20-12-2011 21:39

Quote:

Get yourself down to Ewood tonight, similar scenes I believe.

Mancie 21-12-2011 02:02

North Korea..is it so bad? zero unemployment..no strikes..no welfare..no riots..nobody moaning about immigration..no protests, nobody making a fuss about cuts.. must sounds like heaven to some of the members on here :D

Eric 21-12-2011 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 957374)
North Korea..is it so bad? zero unemployment..no strikes..no welfare..no riots..nobody moaning about immigration..no protests, nobody making a fuss about cuts.. must sounds like heaven to some of the members on here :D

Sounds a lot like parliament:D

groove 21-12-2011 14:56

Cry or die.

garinda 21-12-2011 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 957374)

No starvation.

Always a puppy, simmering away in a pot on the hob.

:dancedog:

accyman 22-12-2011 00:37

Quote:

kind of reminds me of the halfwits that travelled to watch that diana womans funeral in london so they could compete in the out cry the person next to you contest live on tv .

it never fails to amaze me how people will cry to the extreems for people they have never met .It seemed to become fashionable to show obsurd amounts of greif when that tart died :rolleyes:

jaysay 22-12-2011 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 957546)
No starvation.

Always a puppy, simmering away in a pot on the hob.

:dancedog:

From reading Mancie post you quoted Rindi, it appears he thinks the Korean way of life is ideal, maybe if he thinks its so wonderful, I wonder why he hasn't deserted these shores long ago and taken North Korean citizenship:rolleyes:

jaysay 22-12-2011 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 957548)
kind of reminds me of the halfwits that travelled to watch that diana womans funeral in london so they could compete in the out cry the person next to you contest live on tv .

it never fails to amaze me how people will cry to the extreems for people they have never met .It seemed to become fashionable to show obsurd amounts of greif when that tart died :rolleyes:

Ya and It still makes me wonder why, people make shrines like the ones created outside Buckhouse, spending millions on flowers, to me that's worse than shedding crocodile tears

accyman 22-12-2011 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 957581)
Ya and It still makes me wonder why, people make shrines like the ones created outside Buckhouse, spending millions on flowers, to me that's worse than shedding crocodile tears

ironicly the water shrine to her looks like a race track lol

http://www.aboutbritain.com/images/a...alFountain.jpg

cashman 22-12-2011 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 957581)

Can't argue wi that,tears are free, flowers cost money.:D

jaysay 22-12-2011 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 957628)
ironicly the water shrine to her looks like a race track lol

http://www.aboutbritain.com/images/a...alFountain.jpg

Nothing wrong with that, but the piles of rotting flowers outside Buckhouse and St James Palace and other places was bloody stupid, there must have been millions wasted in that week back in 1997, it would have don't more good making a donation to a homeless charity or centre point, projects that she supported, the only thing that happened was it meant workmen had a lot of extra work cleaning up the mess when the flowers started rotting, what a total waste

Boeing Guy 22-12-2011 19:06

Quote:

North Korea..is it so bad? zero unemployment..no strikes..no welfare..no riots..nobody moaning about immigration..no protests, nobody making a fuss about cuts.. must sounds like heaven to some of the members on here
And there is no Car Ownership, unless you are a government official. A country where a Fridge, Television, VCR, Camera (manual, not digital), Washing Machine, Sewing Machine are considered luxuries, if you own one or more. (rare) you are considered rich.
Yeah great place Mancie....

Mancie 22-12-2011 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 957692)
And there is no Car Ownership, unless you are a government official. A country where a Fridge, Television, VCR, Camera (manual, not digital), Washing Machine, Sewing Machine are considered luxuries, if you own one or more. (rare) you are considered rich.
Yeah great place Mancie....

:D I didn't say I would like it..I said it must sound like an ideal place for some members :rolleyes:

Boeing Guy 22-12-2011 19:34

your right. sorry mate

cashman 22-12-2011 21:22

Have just been watching "Press TV" it appears those wonderful people in South Korea are being prohibited from sending any message of condelence to North Korea,:rolleyes: reminds me of the owd saying- "They all Pish in the same pot":rolleyes: but still never mind the yanks n the west say they are ok.:D

jaysay 23-12-2011 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 957714)
Have just been watching "Press TV" it appears those wonderful people in South Korea are being prohibited from sending any message of condelence to North Korea,:rolleyes: reminds me of the owd saying- "They all Pish in the same pot":rolleyes: but still never mind the yanks n the west say they are ok.:D

That probably because they pish in their pot too cashy:D

MargaretR 10-02-2012 19:54

There is a rumour circulating that Kim Jong-Un has been assassinated,

http://news.google.co.uk/news/story?...ed=0CDMQqgIwAA

Boeing Guy 10-02-2012 20:29

A rumour stared on a Chinese Twitter like platform....
I thought you were the sceptic Margaret, unless we get some substantial information, I would say it is a non event

jaysay 11-02-2012 09:29

The King is dead log live the King the King is dead:eek::eek::eek: