Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Cruising (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/cruising-60405.html)

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2012 13:44

Re: Cruising

G you could slum it with us in Llandudno. :)
(I'm saying that, though it isn't booked yet)

mobertol 16-01-2012 14:24

Lake Garda -plenty of boat trips available on the lake to replace the cruise:D

mobertol 16-01-2012 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 962858)
G you could slum it with us in Llandudno. :)
(I'm saying that, though it isn't booked yet)

Once went on holiday to Llandudno as a girl -is there still a little fun-fair on the pier? Loved the ghost train:D
Is it the Great Orme which we had to walk up -seem to remember finding fossils too...will have been about 9 at the time.

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2012 15:12

Yes, there is a little bit of a fun fair on the pier........and it would have been the Great Orme you walked up.......quite a pull up there and bracing at the top.

Flickr: margaret.pilkington47's Photostream
Check out my Flickr Pics there are quite a few taken in Llandudno.
Might bring back some memories.

mobertol 16-01-2012 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 962876)
Yes, there is a little bit of a fun fair on the pier........and it would have been the Great Orme you walked up.......quite a pull up there and bracing at the top.

Flickr: margaret.pilkington47's Photostream
Check out my Flickr Pics there are quite a few taken in Llandudno.
Might bring back some memories.

You've taken some wonderful photos Margaret, remembered many of the places and the cable car -had forgotten that. Took a steam train trip up into the mountains somewhere too.

A proper English beach holiday,complete with rainy days spent indoors playing board games and cards , is NOT slumming it. Only had a few that I can remember - In Cornwall a few times, Llandudno once. But they hold special memories and the rainy days were only a few.

Do you use a simple digital camera or is it a reflex digital? You seem to have a real eye for a subject.:)

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2012 21:11

I have a very good compact point and shoot camera and two 'bridge camera's'.
the bridge camera's are not quite DSLR's(the do have interchangeable lenses - which the compact camera's don't have) but they have more flexibility than the point and shoot camera's.
Thank you for your lovely comments about my pictures. If you get a chance to look at my blogs, they are illustrated with some of the pictures. Some of the stories will have you crying with laughing too.(I like to think I can write and take pictures....deluded, plain deluded)
I think the railway journey you took was probably on the Welsh Highland Railway.....from Porthmadog to Blaennau Ffestiniog and then on to Caernarfon.
It is a lovely scenic trip if the weather is kind, but foul if the mist draws in.

cashman 17-01-2012 22:55

I prefer Cruising more relaxing n cos i can swim a bit, I sure as hell can't fly.:D

jaysay 18-01-2012 09:06

Looks like the Captain is in deep dodo, on the news this morning a phone call between the coast guard and the captain was played, he left the ship with passengers still on board, and although the coast guard actually ordered him to go back on board he seemed to refuse

cashman 18-01-2012 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 963176)
Looks like the Captain is in deep dodo, on the news this morning a phone call between the coast guard and the captain was played, he left the ship with passengers still on board, and although the coast guard actually ordered him to go back on board he seemed to refuse

Hes Actually saying now, he fell into the lifeboat n was unable to get back out,:rolleyes: Which is different from "I was one of the last to leave the ship" which he told prosecutors the other day.:mad: Seems yeh learn summat new every day. Crap must have the same bonding power of superglue.

jaysay 18-01-2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 963249)
Hes Actually saying now, he fell into the lifeboat n was unable to get back out,:rolleyes: Which is different from "I was one of the last to leave the ship" which he told prosecutors the other day.:mad: Seems yeh learn summat new every day. Crap must have the same bonding power of superglue.

The Coast Guard was really losing his rage during the call, he was yelling at the guy ordering him to go back on the boat:rolleyes:

Eric 20-01-2012 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 963249)

I've fallen down and been unable to get up too ... drinking too much will do that to you:rolleyes: Just heard on the news that the good captain has a new nickname: "Chicken of the Sea".

accyman 20-01-2012 16:41

iv entered the Mediterranean lotto this week.Apprently the top prize is a double cruise coz last weeks was a rollover ;)

markone 20-01-2012 22:08

I was amazed how someone so called professional could captain a ship this size and trip into a life boat.
I have just been watching the worst plain landings ever, doesn't give much hope. Think I'll be going camping this year.
That's if the the rain doesn't flood the campsite and drown everyone.
Must stop being so sinicle* ;-)

cashman 20-01-2012 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by markone (Post 963787)
I was amazed how someone so called professional could captain a ship this size and trip into a life boat.
I have just been watching the worst plain landings ever, doesn't give much hope. Think I'll be going camping this year.
That's if the the rain doesn't flood the campsite and drown everyone.
Must stop being so sinicle* ;-)

Are yeh gonna walk to the campsite?:rolleyes: Most means of transport are relatively safe,Sea,Air,Rail, are all safer than car travel. if yeh concerned about human error,yeh will never go anywhere?:confused:

Stevie R 20-01-2012 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 963788)
Are yeh gonna walk to the campsite?:rolleyes: Most means of transport are relatively safe,Sea,Air,Rail, are all safer than car travel. if yeh concerned about human error,yeh will never go anywhere?:confused:

Coppice always did it for me Cashy