Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Cruising (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/cruising-60405.html)

cashman 20-01-2012 23:13

Re: Cruising

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie R (Post 963792)
Coppice always did it for me Cashy

Well me late brother did once go to the"Imperial Hotel" fer his july holidays, me mam went nuts,:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: True story that Stevie.

Stevie R 20-01-2012 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 963796)
Well me late brother did once go to the"Imperial Hotel" fer his july holidays, me mam went nuts,:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: True story that Stevie.

Sounds like a` man on a mission` Cashy. how old was your kid?

cashman 21-01-2012 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie R (Post 963797)
Sounds like a` man on a mission` Cashy. how old was your kid?

was 71 so he woulda been 18.:D

jaysay 21-01-2012 09:16

Quote:

Would she have rather he had gone to the Commercial cashy:D:D

susie123 24-01-2012 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 962636)
The Costa Concordia tragedy is a reminder of the dangers of the sea. Over recent years, bigger and more luxurious ships have been built to cater for the desire of people to experience a life on the ocean wave, and its staggering to think that the Costa Concordia had over 4,000 passengers on board.

Personally, the thought of going on a cruise fills me with horror. Confined in an enclosed space for days on end with thousands of other people.....being told where and when you are going to put unto port...... queuing for hours to get ashore as all 4,000 people want to go ashore at the same time........ having your bags searched on re-embarking so that any illicit booze you bought ashore can be confiscated to make you pay inflated on board prices for drinks........

And the so-called highlight of the cruise, dining at the Captain's Table. As someone once said, "I paid a fortune for this cruise, and I'm expected to eat with the bloomin' crew!"

I think I'll stick to terra firma!

We have been on three cruises and loved it. You don't have to go on a ship that is umpteen storeys high with several thousand passengers. There are plenty of smaller ships around that are small enough to go where the big ships can't. We have been above the Arctic Circle twice.

Surely being told where and when you are going to put unto port - you choose a cruise for the ports of call - well we do at least - and as for having your bags searched on re-embarking so that any illicit booze you bought ashore can be confiscated to make you pay inflated on board prices for drinks - that's news to me.

And the captain's table - you think that with that many passengers everyone gets a chance to do that - think again!

cashman 24-01-2012 21:46

Gynn is wrong it aint 4000 passengers its oer 4000 on board wi oer 1000 of em crew. Fact we were on it 3 years ago.

Gordon Booth 25-01-2012 14:18

Quote:

Well me late brother did once go to the"Imperial Hotel" fer his july holidays, me mam went nuts,

cashman, I'm sure I'm missing something here!
What was special about the 'Imperial Hotel'? Or should I not ask?

jaysay 25-01-2012 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 964966)
We have been on three cruises and loved it. You don't have to go on a ship that is umpteen storeys high with several thousand passengers. There are plenty of smaller ships around that are small enough to go where the big ships can't. We have been above the Arctic Circle twice.

Surely being told where and when you are going to put unto port - you choose a cruise for the ports of call - well we do at least - and as for having your bags searched on re-embarking so that any illicit booze you bought ashore can be confiscated to make you pay inflated on board prices for drinks - that's news to me.

And the captain's table - you think that with that many passengers everyone gets a chance to do that - think again!

I got an invitation to dine at the Captains table on the first cruise I went on, it was pushed under the cabin door, it just said to Mr John Farrer MBE on the envelope, it just so happened that I knew the purser from a buzz up the previous night so I showed him the invite, it appears there was another distinguished gentleman on board called Mr. John Farrar MBE I missed out on the top table for sake of an "e":D

DaveinGermany 25-01-2012 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 965162)
I missed out on the top table for sake of an "e":D

Must of been using the same flamin' keyboard as you Jay. :D

jaysay 26-01-2012 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 965200)
Must of been using the same flamin' keyboard as you Jay. :D

Dave, keep telling ya there's nout wrong with the keyboard, its the numpty using it that's the problem, besides they were typewriters in those days not keyboards:D

cashman 26-01-2012 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 965099)
cashman, I'm sure I'm missing something here!
What was special about the 'Imperial Hotel'? Or should I not ask?

Gordon..........It was his local.:D

alan7554 27-01-2012 03:44

used to work on the cruise ship,great job but bloody murder on your day off,as we couldn't escape the bloody passengers,always asking stupid questions like wheres the front off the ship or when do you use the lifeboats,i had an american couple who made my life hell for 2 weeks,always complaining and moaning,so on the last day i got their door key whilst they were at breakfast and put firey jack in their swimwear,they have never moved faster in their lives,thought that they had got a skin infection, one to the lads

Michael1954 27-01-2012 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan7554 (Post 965470)
used to work on the cruise ship,great job but bloody murder on your day off,as we couldn't escape the bloody passengers,always asking stupid questions like wheres the front off the ship or when do you use the lifeboats,i had an american couple who made my life hell for 2 weeks,always complaining and moaning,so on the last day i got their door key whilst they were at breakfast and put firey jack in their swimwear,they have never moved faster in their lives,thought that they had got a skin infection, one to the lads

Do you think that perhaps you are not well suited for a job in customer services?

Less 27-01-2012 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 965471)
Do you think that perhaps you are not well suited for a job in customer services?

It's just a shame he wasn't caught in the act, it would have appeared that he was fondling the ladies swimwear, I wonder what the penalty would have been for a pervert on the high seas?
A damned good flogging? Walk the plank? Perhaps, hung from the highest yard arm?

jaysay 27-01-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 965483)
It's just a shame he wasn't caught in the act, it would have appeared that he was fondling the ladies swimwear, I wonder what the penalty would have been for a pervert on the high seas?
A damned good flogging? Walk the plank? Perhaps, hung from the highest yard arm?

Na Less Keelhauling would have been better:D