Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Eric 24-05-2012 14:56

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 993693)
One for the legalise cannabis camp to ponder. From the 'LancashireTelegraph':

East Lancashire holidaymaker killed on Spanish motorway (From Lancashire Telegraph)

An excerpt from the article:
Mr Laurie became ‘a little paranoid and erratic’, especially after he had smoked cannabis.

Not much pondering to do. You are making a case against impaired driving. Maybe if Mr. Laurie had been drinking, he could have just passed out behind the wheel. And as far as I know, at least over here, it is illegal to drive while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. And that wouldn't change if pot were legalized. Impaired driving and distracted driving (cell phones, munching on a Big Mac combo, etc.) are dumb, and illegal ... but I doubt you will see a move towards banning cell phones or making it illegal to pick up at a drive thru at Rotten Ronnies.

maxthecollie 24-05-2012 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 993707)
Not much pondering to do. You are making a case against impaired driving. Maybe if Mr. Laurie had been drinking, he could have just passed out behind the wheel. And as far as I know, at least over here, it is illegal to drive while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. And that wouldn't change if pot were legalized. Impaired driving and distracted driving (cell phones, munching on a Big Mac combo, etc.) are dumb, and illegal ... but I doubt you will see a move towards banning cell phones or making it illegal to pick up at a drive thru at Rotten Ronnies.

It is illegal to drive whislt using a cell phone , but the police never seem to catch anybody on their phone. Across road from me is St.Annes school and I have observed about 20% of parents on the phone whilst driving with children in the car.

yerself 24-05-2012 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric
not much pondering to do. You are making a case against impaired driving.

You obviously haven't read the article Eric, he wasn't driving.

A short time later, with Miss Whittaker driving, they were on a motorway on the outskirts of Barcelona when they stopped in the outside lane due to traffic congestion.

She said Mr Laurie shouted ‘this is it’, before getting out of the car and climbing over the central reservation into the opposite carriageway.

Eric 24-05-2012 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 993722)
You obviously haven't read the article Eric, he wasn't driving.

A short time later, with Miss Whittaker driving, they were on a motorway on the outskirts of Barcelona when they stopped in the outside lane due to traffic congestion.

She said Mr Laurie shouted ‘this is it’, before getting out of the car and climbing over the central reservation into the opposite carriageway.

You're right, I didn't read it ... just jumped to conclusions:o

garinda 24-05-2012 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 993723)
You're right, I didn't read it ... just jumped to conclusions:o

Apathy?

Lack concentration?

:rolleyes::D:D

garinda 24-05-2012 17:03

Comments are interesting reading too, on the LT website.

Apparently cannabis is no more harmful than using a broth posy, or putting mint sauce on a lamb chop.

You live and learn.

:rolleyes:

jaysay 24-05-2012 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 993726)
Comments are interesting reading too, on the LT website.

Apparently cannabis is no more harmful than using a broth posy, or putting mint sauce on a lamb chop.

You live and learn.

:rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek:Oh no do you mean I've been putting my life at risk all these years, my parents have a lot to answer for giving me all that broth, and I've just posed writing this reply as I've just been in the kitchen and dumped the mint sauce in the bin:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Eric 24-05-2012 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 993725)
Apathy?

Lack concentration?

:rolleyes::D:D

No ... just lazy ... not into wake and bake today, have too much running around to do;) But later, I will be wearing my illegal smile.:D Maybe watch "Reefer Madness" ... always a good laff.

Reefer Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie - YouTube

garinda 28-08-2012 07:21

'An international team found those who started using cannabis below the age of 18 - while their brains were still developing - suffered a drop in IQ.'

BBC News - Young cannabis smokers run risk of lower IQ, report claims

:s_oooo:

jaysay 28-08-2012 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1011064)
'An international team found those who started using cannabis below the age of 18 - while their brains were still developing - suffered a drop in IQ.'

Think we've already noticed that Rindi:rolleyes:

Restless 29-08-2012 18:26

Prob stoned when doing the IQ test and thought " why bother "

garinda 29-08-2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1011335)
Prob stoned when doing the IQ test and thought " why bother "

Are you trying to suggest 'lacking motivation' should be added to the ever growing list of side effects?

Ok, leave it to me.

I'll do it now.

Restless 29-08-2012 22:58

No suggestions. Just humour. I just think of bill hicks sometimes when I think of this

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill hicks
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well — you just realize that it's not worth the effort.

Anyway this a study of 1000 people? and they are making out that this is fact?. It is totally ridiculous. Oh but if its in the mainstream media, people will believe it.

Worse you feel the need to bring up the thread again when most people here don't want anything to do with it. Seems like another attempt to provoke kestrelx. If im wrong about that, so be it. I am only human.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1011351)
Are you trying to suggest 'lacking motivation' should be added to the ever growing list of side effects?

Ok, leave it to me.

I'll do it now.

jaysay 30-08-2012 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1011420)
I am only human.

Prove it:D

kestrelx 30-08-2012 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1011064)

These surveys are manipulated to make a point, serve an agenda! What drug have you been taking to make you such a bitter and twisted individual?