Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

MargaretR 30-08-2012 15:44

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1011517)
That was pity I felt.

I tried to make excuses for some of the crap you've posted before about myself, and my health issues.

It's probably a good job you're a hermit, afraid to go out in case someone's wearing Tweed by Lentheric at the bus stop.

You think I'm scathing?

After reading some of the things you have posted, if you ever meet my mother again, who someone told what drivel you'd come out with on here, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm a pussy cat, when dealing with nastiness, in comparisson.

Perhaps personality's more genetic, than influenced by prescribed medicine.

:rolleyes:

I sent it in response to that post.

I didn't sign because it's content was obvious it came from me.

You did not see the (now deleted)venom he posted last night or you may take a different view.

People who direct comment about a persons family should make sure that there are no black sheep in theirs.

mobertol 30-08-2012 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1011540)
I sent it in response to that post.

I didn't sign because it's content was obvious it came from me.

You did not see the (now deleted)venom he posted last night or you may take a different view.

People who direct comment about a persons family should make sure that there are no black sheep in theirs.

You are wrong Margaret -I did read the thread before it got deleted by Mick.

Mancie will accept sparring with Garinda in good heart and with a certain spirit - some of the others who know him less well may take offence. They are all grown-ups and what they write is in the public domain -if they don't like it all they have to do is switch thread. Garinda brought up a new argument in the topic and got jumped on as far as I could see and accused injustly of a personal attack. I believe he just defended himself and his opinions with words after that.

As to unsigned red karma it is cowardly - to write nasty insinuations to someone about family members who are no longer here as well is just downright nasty in my humble opinion.:(:mad:

MargaretR 30-08-2012 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1011543)
to write nasty insinuations to someone about family members who are no longer here as well is just downright nasty in my humble opinion.:(:mad:

I am sure KestrelX will agree:rolleyes: - at least I didn't say it on a public forum - it was addressed to him alone.

mobertol 30-08-2012 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1011544)
- at least I didn't say it on a public forum

I wonder why not:confused::rolleyes:

MargaretR 30-08-2012 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1011545)
I wonder why not:confused::rolleyes:

Because unlike him I do not gain pleasure from ridicule.

mobertol 30-08-2012 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1011546)
Because unlike him I do not gain pleasure from ridicule.

Whatever floats your boat -I would question that assertion, were you perhaps smiling as you wrote that spiteful little spineless unsigned message knowing that it was hurtful I ask myself. :rolleyes:

I suppose we'll never know...

garinda 30-08-2012 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1011544)
I am sure KestrelX will agree:rolleyes: - at least I didn't say it on a public forum - it was addressed to him alone.

No, you said it anonymously.

Again showing your mealy-mouthed weakness, by only hinting at some sinister secret regarding my late father, and aunt.

Must be awful, not being able to say something, and only skirt around an issue.

Spit it out woman...and face the concequences.

Unlike the silly karma thing on here, I do belief that what goes around...comes around.

(I'm referring to karma by the way, not my mother coming round to your flat...to er, defend her dead husband.)

Back on thread.

I presume some didn't take recreational drugs as a young teen at the High School, only at a later date.

So what's their excuse for having a brain that has a lot in common with scrabbled egg?

:Banane39:

garinda 30-08-2012 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1011548)
Whatever floats your boat -I would question that assertion, were you perhaps smiling as you wrote that spiteful little spineless unsigned message knowing that it was hurtful I ask myself. :rolleyes:

I suppose we'll never know...

Don't worry.

I honestly laughed, thinking it was someone just pathetically scraping the barrel.

Someone always blabs to my mother, about some of the things posted on here.

She won't be laughing tomorrow, sadly for old Mags.

As said previously, I'm but a pussy cat.

:rofl38:

garinda 30-08-2012 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1011490)
I have changed my signature.

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him." - Leo Aikman

susie123 30-08-2012 17:34

Quote:

As to unsigned red karma it is cowardly

but understandable if one wants to avoid being subject to unwarranted invective when a thread gets out of control.

mobertol 30-08-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1011560)
but understandable if one wants to avoid being subject to unwarranted invective when a thread gets out of control.

Sorry Sue -have to disagree on this one.

Have the strength of your convictions -if you have something to say -say it by all means but have the courage to stand by what you say....

Restless 30-08-2012 18:56

Thanks for the messages but I really don't want to stick around on a forum where certain members can get away with whatever they like and others get banned for a week.

I don't have time in my life to argue with overgrown children.

Garinda. Glad you believe in 'what goes around comes around' I wonder what will come around to a person that uses the internet as a means to out his bitterness and hatred?

kestrelx 30-08-2012 19:14

Quote:

You are wrong Margaret -I did read the thread before it got deleted by Mick.

Mancie will accept sparring with Garinda in good heart and with a certain spirit - some of the others who know him less well may take offence. They are all grown-ups and what they write is in the public domain -if they don't like it all they have to do is switch thread. Garinda brought up a new argument in the topic and got jumped on as far as I could see and accused injustly of a personal attack. I believe he just defended himself and his opinions with words after that.

As to unsigned red karma it is cowardly - to write nasty insinuations to someone about family members who are no longer here as well is just downright nasty in my humble opinion.:(:mad:

Your wrong in this one Diane. Garinda was bringing up my brothers activities from over 5 years ago and has done on 3 occasions when the thread has been nothing to do with this. I don't like Garinda throwing up the issue of my brother in that way which is obvious intimidation, he then started using my first name as if he was on good terms with me, when i told him I didn't like it, he then carried on using my first name and taking the mickey by mentioning my brother's activities which are nothing to do with me.

Would you like me to slag you off and then start calling you by your first name when I was not on those terms with him.

Then to keep making insinuations about the effect of drugs on my life.

garinda 30-08-2012 19:29

Marijuana Side Effects Study Debated - YouTube

:nono8:

cashman 30-08-2012 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1011592)
Your wrong in this one Diane. Garinda was bringing up my brothers activities from over 5 years ago and has done on 3 occasions when the thread has been nothing to do with this. I don't like Garinda throwing up the issue of my brother in that way which is obvious intimidation, he then started using my first name as if he was on good terms with me, when i told him I didn't like it, he then carried on using my first name and taking the mickey by mentioning my brother's activities which are nothing to do with me.

Would you like me to slag you off and then start calling you by your first name when I was not on those terms with him.

Then to keep making insinuations about the effect of drugs on my life.

Why should anyone using yer name bug yeh? After all you were the one who introduced people to it.:confused: As fer the effects,its making me wonder.:confused:

kestrelx 31-08-2012 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1011621)
Why should anyone using yer name bug yeh? After all you were the one who introduced people to it.:confused: As fer the effects,its making me wonder.:confused:

You are talking total rubbish - again! :D

Not when they bring up issues relating to my brothers activities - as if I have something to do with it! They don't then call me by my first name like they know me! Get it? Idiots only see what they want to see here.

Divi's just protecting their "friends" like Garinda even if they are vindictive, idiots!:(

cashman 31-08-2012 15:42

I protect no-one, just give me opinion, still if yer having another paddy, think what yeh want.:rolleyes:

garinda 31-08-2012 17:00

Paranoia.

The list grows yet longer still.

jaysay 31-08-2012 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1011708)
You are talking total rubbish - again! :D

Not when they bring up issues relating to my brothers activities - as if I have something to do with it! They don't then call me by my first name like they know me! Get it? Idiots only see what they want to see here.

Divi's just protecting their "friends" like Garinda even if they are vindictive, idiots!:(

Once again uncalled for abuse tut tut:rolleyes:

jaysay 31-08-2012 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1011709)
I protect no-one, just give me opinion, still if yer having another paddy, think what yeh want.:rolleyes:

Cashy he's Nigel not Paddy;)

jaysay 01-09-2012 09:58

I would just like to thank the person who anonymously gave me Karma, with a message why I sided with a sycophant like Rindi, many thanks whoever you are, the only problem you've got is your so flaming stupid it was green not red

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

garinda 01-09-2012 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1011900)
I would just like to thank the person who anonymously gave me Karma, with a message why I sided with a sycophant like Rindi, many thanks whoever you are, the only problem you've got is your so flaming stupid it was green not red

Chronic cannabis use in teenagers can decrease IQ, says new research

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...se-iq-research:joint:

jaysay 01-09-2012 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1011905)

Chronic cannabis use in teenagers can decrease IQ, says new research
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...se-iq-research:joint:

Ya seems like one survey that was spot on Rindi:D

garinda 01-09-2012 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1011906)
Ya seems like one survey that was spot on Rindi:D

It was probably the same numpty who did it to me too.

jaysay 01-09-2012 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1011913)

Sweet:D

mobertol 01-09-2012 11:22

Quote:

Shall I risk the person's ire and third daily dose of karma?

Might hit the red button this time though...:eek: I'm willing to risk it;)

Sycophant is not a very nice word - perhaps the anonymous karma sender should look closer to home:rolleyes:

mobertol 01-09-2012 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1011708)

I prefer to think of myself as more of a Diva!

As to someone's being an idiot - there are a variety of opinions on that point -I always try to be fair and open-minded...;)

Neil 01-09-2012 12:49

Quote:

I wish you two would stop it, I had to have a look to see who it was :)

mobertol 01-09-2012 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1011942)
I wish you two would stop it, I had to have a look to see who it was :)

Give us a clue;):D

jaysay 01-09-2012 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1011946)
Give us a clue;):D

Its got feathers:rolleyes:

Restless 01-09-2012 16:14

I suppose the said person should have looked up the word in the dictionary before using it :mad::o

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1011900)

perhaps said person was also showing an act of kindness by leaving it green

mobertol 01-09-2012 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1011955)
Its got feathers:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1011993)
I suppose the said person should have looked up the word in the dictionary before using it :mad::o

I doubt it somehow Jay -though I may be wrong, it's not the sort of vocabulary he usually uses.

Unless to the contrary of what Restless thinks he did look it up in the dictionary...:confused:

annesingleton 01-09-2012 16:44

I haven't been on accyweb for a few days and I'm surprised at what I'm reading here! This has nothing to do with the title of the thread, and seems to be more about people venting their own frustrations on other people in the anonymous safety of the internet! None of it seems relevant and quite a bit of it very personal. It's not very nice when reading a few pages at once.

garinda 01-09-2012 16:45

Appallingly bad memory is already listed as a possible side effect.

For example some poor soul saying they were off somewhere, then wandering back in, but a short time later.

Could also be listed as not knowing their own mind, poor self-control, lacking in steel, or even just talking rubbish.

garinda 01-09-2012 16:53

Oh, and aggression.

Terrible aggression.

Sometimes acompanied by threats of violence, and actual bodily harm.

What happened to that old hippy guff, about peace and love, man?

:mosher:

Restless 01-09-2012 16:55

At it again. You simply cannot help yourself can you? Why don't you just admit it. Admit it that you are shape shifting Traffic clone (thas Traffic Clones, as opposed to Traffic Cones, thats Cones for Traffic) because I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe that you are in fact a human being

In answer to this. I Signed in to answer PM and then I am drawn into the site. Oh well.

garinda 01-09-2012 16:59

We've done poor self-control.

Someone mentioned a diminished sense of humour.

Anyone ever evidenced this, so we can add it to the growing list of possible side-effects?

Restless 01-09-2012 17:07

Side effects of too much caffeine ?

garinda 01-09-2012 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012013)
At it again. You simply cannot help yourself can you? Why don't you just admit it. Admit it that you are shape shifting Traffic clone (thas Traffic Clones, as opposed to Traffic Cones, thats Cones for Traffic) because I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe that you are in fact a human being

In answer to this. I Signed in to answer PM and then I am drawn into the site. Oh well.

I know I'm not stoned, but does anyone else understand this gibberish?

Perhaps some recreational drug users see flashing lights.

Red.

Red, and amber.

Green.

Amber.

Red.

Red, and amber.

Green...

:Banane40:

cashman 01-09-2012 17:10

I sure as hell had no idea, so i just ignored it.:confused: Seemed like the best tactic.

garinda 01-09-2012 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012017)
Side effects of too much caffeine ?

I was told by a user that ingesting it orally, rather than shooting up, lessens the side-effects.

;)

Restless 01-09-2012 17:17

Two people I know that spent their 'youth' smoking cannabis. You can scoff at this all you like. But it is just my observation.

1) He is on the sick claiming benefits for depression and anxiety. Also has problems sleeping, though his father was a light sleeper and that might somehow be passed on??. He is obsessed with something he calls "the system" and now follows rastarfarian religion (or tries too) he spent a lot of his time listening to people noam chomsky & david icke and now has moved on to rasta political speakers

2) started off doing hairdressing, realised that wasn't for him and starting doing a course spraying cars and stuff. Either during or after that(i don't remember) he joined the army. He has just left the army this year and now has a job examining welding and stuff like that. He examines parts to make sure they are good enough for stuff like nuclear submarines

So the long term effects might vary from person to person?

susie123 01-09-2012 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012018)
I know I'm not stoned, but does anyone else understand this gibberish?

Alcohol/canal thread should give you a clue...

garinda 01-09-2012 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1012027)
Alcohol/canal thread should give you a clue...

I'm afraid I'm still clueless.

Never having looked up your anal canal thread.

Restless 01-09-2012 17:52

have to say I have been giggling to my self on the way to the asda and back with this one

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012018)
but does anyone else understand this gibberish?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1012020)
I sure as hell had no idea, so i just ignored it.:confused: Seemed like the best tactic.

I would've thought you had seen the alcohol/canal thread

cashman 01-09-2012 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012034)
have to say I have been giggling to my self on the way to the asda and back with this one

I would've thought you had seen the alcohol/canal thread

I have seen that thread but it aint this un nor in this section,so i ignored it. But yer beginning to worry me, yeh aint just giggling to yerself...........but going asda.:eek::D

Restless 01-09-2012 17:57

You don't like asda? I just nipped down with a friend. I thought of the comment and it made me giggle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1012036)
I have seen that thread but it aint this un nor in this section,so i ignored it. But yer beginning to worry me, yeh aint just giggling to yerself...........but going asda.:eek::D

I didn't think thread wandering mattered here anymore? ;)

garinda 01-09-2012 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012025)
TSo the long term effects might vary from person to person?

If you're able to, re-read the thread again.

I've certainly never said anything that would contradict your open question.

If you can, concentrate, and see what I've actually posted, many, many times.

You'll see that in reality what I said is that there's some risk taking recreational drugs, and it's nothing to do with quality control.

Some users suffer very little debilitating side effects, and not all 'soft' drug users go on to become addicted, and dependent on drugs such as heroin.

Although a minority will.

A risk that will increase, in my opinion, because some would see it as a geeen light, and usage would increase, if recreational drugs were decriminalised.

Having had some vast experience of drugs taken recreationally, both socially with successful professionals, who would be viewed as worthwhile members of society, and who suffer very few side-effects, to working with young teens, who are forced to sell their bodies on the streets to feed their addictions, this is my considered opinion.

I won't be changing my mind on the matter, any time soon.

Certainly nothing I've read in this thread has tempted me into doing so.

cashman 01-09-2012 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012037)
You don't like asda? I just nipped down with a friend. I thought of the comment and it made me giggle.

Big difference between wandering and mixing a thread,but still perhaps its hard to see?:D

garinda 01-09-2012 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012037)

...and although I've teased you, somewhat mercilessly, I'll admit, I do not think you're a bad person.

In fact you seem a very nice, and a good hearted sort, who at least trys to keep an open mind. Though I'm afraid we'll never see certain things in the same way, but that's just life.

Kestrelx on the other hand is a different matter.

For someone to use a public, family, internet forum, to extol the pleasures to be had from taking recreational drugs, boasting about taking illegal narcotics including L.S.D. and heroin, and with no long-term effects to himself, luckily I believe, was both a stupid, and dangerous thing to post on Accy Web, and it disgusts me that a few pro-decriminalisation supporters fail to see this too.

It sickens me what he posted, and nothing I've read since will change my mind on this issue either.

Restless 01-09-2012 18:32

^ Was more singling out cannabis rather than illegal drugs on a whole.

Cannabis that is in the solid form is far more scary a thought(chemicals they could be putting into their bodies) From heresay that isn't as popular now as it was 15 years ago. I didn't know then that it was filled with all kinds of stuff. People smoke that for a long period of time and who knows what condition their mind would be in.

Had to google it again. I have most likely posted this before. But I think its relevant if studies were made whilst people were smoking stuff like this...

Here is a list of what has been found inside sold form cannabis-- Beeswax, turpentine, milk powder, ketamine, boot polish, henna, pine resin, aspirin, animal turds, ground coffee, barbiturates, glues and dyes plus carcinogenic solvents such as Toluene and Benzene

Sobering thought.

In 2000 I made the concious decision to leave drugs behind. It is a touchy subject and It is a hard choice which side to come on. I don't think drugs should be legalised. But maintain the opinion that addicts are sick and that they need help. I also think that cannabis should be thought of in the same light as alcohol. As you say there is always risk. There is certainly a lot more risk drinking alcohol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1012041)
Big difference between wandering and mixing a thread,but still perhaps its hard to see?:D

Perhaps I will go and mix my drink instead. (in this case bourbon and coke)

garinda 01-09-2012 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012045)
...and although I've teased you, somewhat mercilessly, I'll admit, I do not think you're a bad person.

In fact you seem a very nice, and a good hearted sort, who at least trys to keep an open mind. Though I'm afraid we'll never see certain things in the same way, but that's just life.

Kestrelx on the other hand is a different matter.

For someone to use a public, family, internet forum, to extol the pleasures to be had from taking recreational drugs, boasting about taking illegal narcotics including L.S.D. and heroin, and with no long-term effects to himself, luckily I believe, was both a stupid, and dangerous thing to post on Accy Web, and it disgusts me that a few pro-decriminalisation supporters fail to see this too.

It sickens me what he posted, and nothing I've read since will change my mind on this issue either.

I'll just add, I hate what kestrelx posted, not him.

I don't hate anyone.

Such a waste of time, and energy.

He too is probably sound as a pound.

I don't know anything about him, other than what he's said publicly.

I think what he posted was potentially dangerous, and stupid.

I rather think he isn't.

We'd probably get on if we met.

I've yet to meet anyone from this forum, and it's lots, who I haven't got on with.

Keep the conversation to punk, and not pot...get on like a crack den on fire.

:rolleyes::D

Restless 01-09-2012 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012045)
Though I'm afraid we'll never see certain things in the same way, but that's just life.

Debate is what a forum is all about. And I totally agree with that. But forums have rules and they are there to stop things from getting out of hand. The post you made the other day was pretty bad. One of the worst I have seen on here. Thankfully it seems that no violent psychos have joined. I only have concerns for people that might think they can say anything on a website without it backfiring.

Quote:

For someone to use a public, family, internet forum, to extol the pleasures to be had from taking recreational drugs,
Shouldn't this also be the same with drinking alcohol? pedantic question I know. But. If kids are reading the forum, then should we have a ban of all talk about drug use on a whole? or at least keep it to the 18+ section. Like hiding the cigarettes in the supermarkets

I never saw the post he made boasting about taking heroin and LSD. If I did I don't remember it.

garinda 01-09-2012 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012047)
^ Was more singling out cannabis rather than illegal drugs on a whole.

Cannabis that is in the solid form is far more scary a thought(chemicals they could be putting into their bodies) From heresay that isn't as popular now as it was 15 years ago. I didn't know then that it was filled with all kinds of stuff. People smoke that for a long period of time and who knows what condition their mind would be in.

Had to google it again. I have most likely posted this before. But I think its relevant if studies were made whilst people were smoking stuff like this...

Here is a list of what has been found inside sold form cannabis-- Beeswax, turpentine, milk powder, ketamine, boot polish, henna, pine resin, aspirin, animal turds, ground coffee, barbiturates, glues and dyes plus carcinogenic solvents such as Toluene and Benzene

Sobering thought.

In 2000 I made the concious decision to leave drugs behind. It is a touchy subject and It is a hard choice which side to come on. I don't think drugs should be legalised. But maintain the opinion that addicts are sick and that they need help. I also think that cannabis should be thought of in the same light as alcohol. As you say there is always risk. There is certainly a lot more risk drinking alcohol.

Perhaps I will go and mix my drink instead. (in this case bourbon and coke)

I've also said, umpteen times, I agree, about your point regarding drink.

Alcohol has the potential to cause sometimes fatal illness, as well as utter misery for those who love a alcoholic.

Decriminalising recreational drugs wouldn't change this, or address some of the very serious issues associated with the misuse of alcohol.

mobertol 01-09-2012 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012050)
I'll just add, I hate what kestrelx posted, not him.

I don't hate anyone.

Such a waste of time, and energy.

He too is probably sound as a pound.

I don't know anything about him, other than what he's said publicly.

I think what he posted was potentially dangerous, and stupid.

I rather think he isn't.

We'd probably get on if we met.

I've yet to meet anyone from this forum, and it's lots, who I haven't got on with.

Keep the conversation to punk, and not pot...get on like a crack den on fire.

:rolleyes::D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012054)
Debate is what a forum is all about. And I totally agree with that.

I never saw the post he made boasting about taking heroin and LSD. If I did I don't remember it.

It's "old hat" as they say Restless-don't remember when or where, did see it -Garinda will no doubt be putting the link on -he has an unfailing memory -mine is addled by middle-aged hormonal upheaval!:D

I did say to "Kes" a while ago now that I thought he should exploit his interests on here which are photography, music and feathered things. He manages to engage well in these subjects. I believe that is what Garinda was also hinting at when he said he'd probably get on with him if he kept things to punk...etc.

I did say some time ago that I would have nothing more to do with these "drugs" threads (this in person to Garinda and not on here I believe) -got drawn in again for particular reasons recently which I think were fairly obvious -I don't like nastiness -and it surfaced in a way I could not ignore...

Will say no more on the subject -word of honour.:D

garinda 01-09-2012 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012054)
Debate is what a forum is all about. And I totally agree with that. But forums have rules and they are there to stop things from getting out of hand. The post you made the other day was pretty bad. One of the worst I have seen on here. Thankfully it seems that no violent psychos have joined. I only have concerns for people that might think they can say anything on a website without it backfiring.

Shouldn't this also be the same with drinking alcohol? pedantic question I know. But. If kids are reading the forum, then should we have a ban of all talk about drug use on a whole? or at least keep it to the 18+ section. Like hiding the cigarettes in the supermarkets

I've debated until I've been blue in the face.

Any other questions, you might think you'd like me to answer?

They've already been answered, trust me.

Every thought I have on this subject has already been given, innumerous times, in this thread.

Read it.

;)

Restless 01-09-2012 19:04

I have read it..heh

Friend #1 that I mentioned earlier. He says stuff like this

"The government made alcohol legal because it distracts the masses and makes them docile and keeps them in control. They keep Weed illegal because it opens minds and encourages spirituality"

He dives me nuts with this stuff. I don't seem him that much now. Phew

Eric 01-09-2012 19:33

I argue that all drugs should be legalized and controlled ... I do not see that drug use will increase ... it's thru the roof already. If drugs were legalized, overnite the cartels would be out of business. Making drugs illegal is little more than sweeping a problem under the carpet. Control and supervision is possible and workable (hate that word for some reason:rolleyes:) Here are some decent arguments for and against needle parks:

The arguments for and against Vancouver's supervised injection site - The Globe and Mail

Only in Canada, eh.:D

mobertol 01-09-2012 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1012076)
I argue that all drugs should be legalized and controlled ... I do not see that drug use will increase ... it's thru the roof already. If drugs were legalized, overnite the cartels would be out of business. Making drugs illegal is little more than sweeping a problem under the carpet. Control and supervision is possible and workable (hate that word for some reason:rolleyes:) Here are some decent arguments for and against needle parks:

The arguments for and against Vancouver's supervised injection site - The Globe and Mail

Only in Canada, eh.:D

Oh, c'mon Eric you have to have some rules and regulations otherwise there'd be no fun left in breaking them;):D

(Forgive my flippancy - it's late here...)

Restless 01-09-2012 20:09

Eric has the insight of living over the pond where the drug situation is far far worse than it is here.

You have a good point. How many would quit if they was not illegal? A lot of people might do it for that thrill. Having to "score" drugs from dealers can be a very scary experience for somebody in their youth that is not in the same mindset. This is one of the reasons that sometimes makes me lean towards legalisation

mobertol 01-09-2012 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012083)
Eric has the insight of living over the pond where the drug situation is far far worse than it is here.

You have a good point. How many would quit if they was not illegal? A lot of people might do it for that thrill. Having to "score" drugs from dealers can be a very scary experience for somebody in their youth that is not in the same mindset. This is one of the reasons that sometimes makes me lean towards legalisation

Dear Restless -without seeming patronising -I have 2 sons in their early 20's so I have an idea what it's like for you "youngsters" - life is short in some terms, yet in other moments it's not that easy. Learn to appreciate what you have timewise and healthwise. I wish you and my boys 100 years -but lets' be honest it's not that likely, unfortunately...apologise for posting having said I'd leave it there with these threads...:o:)

garinda 01-09-2012 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1012083)

It's all relative.

The use of recreational drugs here has gone through the roof here, over the last thirty years ago. Both locally, and nationally.

In the past there'd usually be one dealer supplying a few neighbouring towns. Nowadays you can score within minutes, after one quick text on your mobile. Easier and faster than getting a cab, and sometimes cheaper.

It could be said this increased usage as happened at the same time that there's been less and less criminal prosecutions, for anything other than supplying drugs.

Smoke a joint in public, and if you're really unlucky, you might meet a plod, who'll make you extinguish it.

I personally have friends who take every drug going. None of them have ever been done for personal possession. When was the last time you read in the local press of anyone who's been prosecuted for possession of an illegal drug? Yet the number of people using drugs locally has increased a thousand fold in the last few decades.

Coincidence, that the number of users has increased so dramatically, a few of whose lives will end miserably because of drugs, whilst at the same time there's been a marked 'turn a blind eye' policy regarding the use of recreational drugs for personal use?

As stated earlier, in my opinion, I think not.

My opinions are arrived at through numerous interactions with drugs taken as recreation. Some of which details I've already given in this thread, others I haven't.

No way are my opinions arrived at from a position of naivety.

Trust me, that's really very far from the case. From being a young clubber, then an art student, and then working in the fashion business for so long, drugs were very much part of the worlds I lived in.

When it comes to the small minority on here, the nice ol' pot smoking pro-legalise supporters, versus myself, in deciding who knows more about the myriad of drugs available, from glue through to the latest must have designer drug for clubbers, and all their pros and cons.

If I was a betting man, you can bet your sweet bippy that my money would definitely be on myself knowing more about recreational drugs per se.

Much more so than ol' Grandpa Walton, rocking away on his verandah, toking away on a big fat spliff, or Alice Nutter, puffing away in her hermetically sealed bubble.

No offence by the way.

Any illustrative similarity to any living forum member is purely coincidental.

Besides, Eric's much more like John Boy.

;):D

mobertol 01-09-2012 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012100)
Besides, Eric's much more like John Boy.

Allow me to disagree this once -he's definitely Jim-Bob!!!!!!:D

mobertol 01-09-2012 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012100)

Much more so than ol' Grandpa Walton, rocking away on his verandah, toking away on a big fat spliff, or Alice Nutter, puffing away in her hermetically sealed bubble.

No offence by the way.

Any illustrative similarity to any living forum member is purely coincidental.

Old Zeb is turning in his tomb tonight...

Time to switch out the lights...
Night Grandpa...

Night John-Boy

Night Mary-Ellen...

xx

garinda 01-09-2012 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012099)
Dear Restless -without seeming patronising -I have 2 sons in their early 20's so I have an idea what it's like for you "youngsters" - life is short in some terms, yet in other moments it's not that easy. Learn to appreciate what you have timewise and healthwise. I wish you and my boys 100 years -but lets' be honest it's not that likely, unfortunately...apologise for posting having said I'd leave it there with these threads...:o:)

I worry too.

Drugs are much more readily available to young people now, than at any other time in the past.

Fact.

Seen with my own eyes in Hyndburn, and elsewhere.

Most young dope smokers would be genuinely shocked if someone told them that smoking weed is actually a criminal offence. Mainly because the law more or less turns a blind eye to possession nowadays.

Decriminalisation would give the green light that recreational drugs are harmless.

For most they are.

For a minority they'll lead to a life of misery, and for some death.

It's a risk.

You never know when you take your first drug socially whether you'll have a great time, and little or no side effects, or your personality will mean you'll soon become addicted, and hooked on the effects, needing stronger and stronger drugs to recreate that initial euphoria.

I live in the real world, and it's a world where drug usage is very widespread.

I have young relatives about to enter that world.

I'll do everything in my power to get them to weigh up the risks that taking drugs as a recreation bring.

I hope they survive that world.

Most of my friends have.

Some didn't.

garinda 01-09-2012 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012108)

Old Zeb is turning in his tomb tonight...

Time to switch out the lights...

Night Grandpa...

Night John-Boy

Night Mary-Ellen...

xx

We know who you'd be.

The much put upon peacemaker of the household.

'G'night Mamma.' x

:thankya:

Mancie 01-09-2012 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012110)
I worry too.

Drugs are much more readily available to young people now, than at any other time in the past.

Fact.

Seen with my own eyes in Hyndburn, and elsewhere.

Most young dope smokers would be genuinely shocked if someone told them that smoking weed is actually a criminal offence. Mainly because the law more or less turns a blind eye to possession nowadays.

Did you call the Police when you witnessed these offences?..I mean you are well known to have a zero tolerance when it comes to crime.

mobertol 01-09-2012 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012112)
We know who you'd be.

The much put upon peacemaker of the household.

'G'night Mamma.' x

:thankya:

How right you are.

The sun will always shine on you, favourite son.

G'night. Mamma xx :thankya::D:thankya:

mobertol 01-09-2012 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012115)
Did you call the Police when you witnessed these offences?..I mean you are well known to have a zero tolerance when it comes to crime.

Stop being such a tight-arse Mancie - you live in London -right , not Hyndburn...:rolleyes:

Thought you were part of the progressive, open-minded group of Acyweb...:D

garinda 01-09-2012 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012115)

Yes, I have done.

Will do again, when I see scum dealers supplying young teens, from parked cars.

Do I call plod every time I've seen someone have a cheeky line in the bogs on a night out?

Nah, Vern.

Like havin' a laugh me, when I go out.

Not spending all night on the blower.

Especially as the law now couldn't give a hoot who's doing what to themselves narcotically, as long as they aren't dealing.

;)

Mancie 01-09-2012 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012122)
Stop being such a tight-arse Mancie - you live in London -right , not Hyndburn...:rolleyes:

Yeah i am pretty much open minded..but I was asking a question of someone who has said they would be prepared to shoot his own children for theft...have you read some of the past posts this idiot has written?...such as chopping hands off ..shooting children?.. he's a nutter :confused:

garinda 01-09-2012 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012122)

I've reported scum dealers in both places.

I ain't fussy, geographically.

Nor do I give a flying fox, if in the eyes of some, that makes me a 'grass', in the lootin', tootin', criminal supportin' underworld, where they inhabit.

I'll sleep.

Despite the alarms going off.

As people go out on the rob, to fund their habit.

It's a hard knock life...

Mancie 01-09-2012 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012152)
I've reported scum dealers in both places.

I ain't fussy, geographically.

Nor do I give a flying fox, if in the eyes of some, that makes me a 'grass', in the lootin', tootin', criminal supportin' underworld, where they inhabit.

I'll sleep.

No.. I did not ask about the dealers..I asked if you had reported to the police your "friends" who have as you say broken the law by taking illegal drugs?..

mobertol 01-09-2012 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012149)
Yeah i am pretty much open minded..but I was asking a question of someone who has said they would be prepared to shoot his own children for theft...have you read some of the past posts this idiot has written?...such as chopping hands off ..shooting children?.. he's a nutter :confused:

What an imagination -as far as I remember since I know Garinda his inclinations mean he is a "non-breeder" -his own words, so I'm sure I cause him no offence. I think he is as far removed from Sharia law as you can get
don't see any nutters on his horzion -sorry! Though as to idiots...

I am still on the run myself, though Interpol occasionally knocks on the door ...I do still look so innocent -thank goodness!

Mary Poppins Li'l sister;):D

mobertol 01-09-2012 23:13

Quote:

...have you read some of the past posts this idiot has written?...:confused:

When someone starts bandying about words like "Idiot" I always feel it's time they take stock personally -no offence intended , of course, but then if I'd stayed in the UK I was destined for the diplomatic services...

Mancie 01-09-2012 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012154)
What an imagination -as far as I remember since I know Garinda his inclinations mean he is a non-breeder -his own words, so I'm sure i cause him no offence. I think he is as far removed from Sharia law as you can get
don't see any nutters on his horzion -sorry! Though as to idiots...

I am still on the run myself, though Interpol occasionally knocks on the door ...I do still look so innocent -thank goodness!

Mary Poppins Li'l sister;):D

Maybe when he said he would shoot he's own kids was some kind of nonsense response because he can't reproduce like what normal people do.:(

mobertol 01-09-2012 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012152)
I'll sleep.

Good -don't you go worryin' about inconsequentional folk - rest up and save your energy for answering the multitudes on Accyweb -a bit of wisdom is a daily treasure.;):D

mobertol 01-09-2012 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012156)
Maybe when he said he would shoot he's own kids was some kind of nonsense response because he can't reproduce like what normal people do.:(

Oh, c'mon Mancie -open up your mind!

Really you are still back in time...what a shame, I had weighed you up differently.:rolleyes:

Your loss....;)

mobertol 01-09-2012 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012156)

Excuse me -but, as a "so-called" normal person could I ask you how many offspring you have produced?

How dare you ask someone else such a personal question in the meantime? With such an ill-intentioned question...

Mancie 01-09-2012 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012158)
Oh, c'mon Mancie -open up your mind!

Really you are still back in time...what a shame, I had weighed you up differently.:rolleyes:

Your loss....;)

Maybe my loss..but when you have someone who has a definite agenda to ridcicule and take the **** out of people on here the only response is to fight back..Garinda may come across as funny and mean no harm..but if or when you may end up on the wrong side you might think differerent..good luck gal.:D

Mancie 01-09-2012 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012159)
Excuse me -but, as a "so-called" normal person could I ask you how many offspring you have produced?

How dare you ask someone else such a personal question in the meantime? With such an ill-intentioned question...

Oh dear!:D..how very dare you?

mobertol 01-09-2012 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012161)
Oh dear!:D..how very dare you?

I am most daring -are you daring enough to answer...:rolleyes:

Mancie 01-09-2012 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012159)

Have you read what Garinda has said in the past?.. he proposed shootings without trial.. he would be prepared to shoot his own children.. he agreed with amputation for theft of any kind.. if these are the views of a normal person then I don't agree and regard them as extreme.. and I have two heathy lads aged 22 and 23..cheers;)

garinda 01-09-2012 23:40

Quote:

Are you ready for one of those little reality checks, I sometimes give you?

When we try to trade your wild inaccuracies, for things called actual facts?

Good.

Let's begin.

I posted, and said...

Hypothetically, if I was in the armed forces, and ordered to fire plastic bullets, or water cannon, on mobs of rioters, out endangering innocent lives, whilst looting, and carrying out arson attacks, I would.

I would, because that was the job I'd have chosen to do, and that involves obeying orders.

It would make no difference to me who the mob actually consisted of, because unlike the vast majority of members on here, you said hypothetically you wouldn't report your child, if you knew they'd been out looting and rioting.

I remember, after I asked you, if you had a child who'd stolen a large sum of money off an elderly grandparent, would you report that crime, and you similarly said no.

Shamefully, in my opinion. An attitude which reflects badly on the society we've created.

Then, as now, it's my opinion, that what you say you'd do, in this hypothetical situation, that this is an example of bad parenting, in which children fail to learn a very useful lesson in life, that being for the majority of the times in this life, actions have consequences.

This is the reality of what was said, and posted.

This is when I say...'Please quote any evidence to the contrary.'

You, of course can't. As there isn't any.

A day or so later, I'll ask 'No luck, coming up with the evidence Vern?'

Depending how many empties are on the floor, you either have a little chuckle, or start mubbling on about fisty-cuffs, rumble in the jumble sale, or some other such nonsense.

Provide a quote, which shows everything I've just posted about shooting poor lickle innocent babies, isn't in fact the actual truth of the matter. If you can.

Evidence, to the contrary?

Vern 'on your pushbike' Tebbit, it's over to you....

We'll be waiting.

;)

Mancie 01-09-2012 23:47

Oh is it down to me?..sorry was watching TOTP's 77..anyway whatever Garinda said he is a Nazi...no way round it he wants to kill people

mobertol 01-09-2012 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012166)
Are you ready for one of those little reality checks, I sometimes give you?

When we try to trade your wild inaccuracies, for things called actual facts?

Good.

Let's begin.

I posted, and said...

Hypothetically, if I was in the armed forces, and ordered to fire plastic bullets, or water cannon, on mobs of rioters, out endangering innocent lives, whilst looting, and carrying out arson attacks, I would.

I would, because that was the job I'd have chosen to do, and that involves obeying orders.

It would make no difference to me who the mob actually consisted of, because unlike the vast majority of members on here, you said hypothetically you wouldn't report your child, if you knew they'd been out looting and rioting.

I remember, after I asked you, if you had a child who'd stolen a large sum of money off an elderly grandparent, would you report that crime, and you similarly said no.

Shamefully, in my opinion. An attitude which reflects badly on the society we've created.

Then, as now, it's my opinion, that what you say you'd do, in this hypothetical situation, that this is an example of bad parenting, in which children fail to learn a very useful lesson in life, that for the majority of the times, actions have consequences.

This is the reality of what was said, and posted.

This is when I say...'Please quote any evidence to the contrary.'

You, of course can't. As there isn't any.

A day or so later, I'll ask 'No luck, coming up with the evidence Vern?'

Depending how many empties are on the floor, you either have a little chuckle, or start mubbling on about fisty-cuffs, rumble in the jumble sale, or some other such nonsense.

Provide a quote which shows everything I've just posted about shooting poor lickle innocent babies, isn't in fact the actual truth of the matter. If you can.

Evidence, to the contrary?

Vern 'on your pushbike' Tebbit, it's over to you....

We'll be waiting.

;)

WE are waiting... and that is not the royal "We" -even though I consider OUR question to be equally , if not more pressing...:)

garinda 01-09-2012 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012165)
Have you read what Garinda has said in the past?.. he proposed shootings without trial.. he would be prepared to shoot his own children.. he agreed with amputation for theft of any kind.. if these are the views of a normal person then I don't agree and regard them as extreme.. and I have two heathy lads aged 22 and 23..cheers;)

'Amputation, for theft of any kind'?

Any evidence, a quote say, to back up yet another wild, and wholly inaccurate claim?

No?

Thought not.

If posting false claims was a crime, with amputation as the punishment, you'd just be a bit of hairy skin, and an ugly pair of ears by now.

mobertol 02-09-2012 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012168)
Oh is it down to me?..sorry was watching TOTP's 77..anyway whatever Garinda said he is a Nazi...no way round it he wants to kill people

Good Lord! That's a good one!:rolleyes::D

What are you thinking...Lol!!!!!!!!!

Future Mitt Romney supporter on the horizon -as a Mormon you could have more than one wife....;)

Mancie 02-09-2012 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012155)
When someone starts bandying about words like "Idiot" I always feel it's time they take stock personally -no offence intended , of course, but then if I'd stayed in the UK I was destined for the diplomatic services...

Bandying words like "idiot"?..I can think of worse words for someone who has openly declared he would shoot he's own kids.

garinda 02-09-2012 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012170)
Have you read what Mancie has said in the past?.. he proposed kiddy fiddlin'.. he would be prepared to fiddle with his own children.. he agreed that all nonces would not face punishment of any kind.. if these are the views of a normal person then I don't agree and regard them as extreme.. and I have two heathy lads aged 12 and 23 months..cheers;)

Oh Garinda, that's shocking!

Did he really say such things?

When, and in which threads?

I want to see evidence, before I can believe such things!

A quote, where he actually says such terrible words.

You can't?

Oh Rindy, how on Earth can we believe what you say about Mancie is true now, without the slightest scrap of evidence?

Mancie 02-09-2012 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012170)
'Amputation, for theft of any kind'?

Any evidence, a quote say, to back up yet another wild, and wholly inaccurate claim?

No?

Thought not.

If posting false claims was a crime, with amputation as the punishment, you'd just be a bit of hairy skin, and an ugly pair of ears by now.

You did post that the bloke who stole from the poppy box should have he's hand's chopped off.. I do agree this was a terrible crime but if we chopped off peoples hands for all crime the thier would be loads of people walking about with no hands, call me soft but I don't think it's a good idea .. and from some of your posts alot of your friends would be on the disabled list .:)

mobertol 02-09-2012 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012174)
You did post that the bloke who stole from the poppy box should have he's hand's chopped off.. I do agree this was a terrible crime but if we chopped off peoples hands for all crime the thier would be loads of people walking about with no hands, call me soft but I don't think it's a good idea .. and from some of your posts alot of your friends would be on the disabled list .:)

WHAT -:confused: uuuh!

garinda 02-09-2012 00:17

By the way, what are 'healthy' lads?

Healthy, as opposed to what? Sick, or disabled?

I suppose some fools would have labelled me as being a 'healthy lad', at twenty two, and twenty three.

The thick gits.

;)

Mancie 02-09-2012 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012175)
WHAT -:confused: uuuh!

What uh?..take a look..it's all there.. the bloke winds and crawls ..sorry to say there is no well meaning banter between us.. I hate the bloke end of!

Mancie 02-09-2012 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012176)
By the way, what are 'healthy' lads?

Healthy, as opposed to what? Sick, or disabled?

I suppose some fools would have labelled me as being a 'healthy lad', at twenty two, and twenty three.

The thick gits.
;)

See what I mean?..or will this post be nicely deleted by the morning?.. there's not many trouble makers on here but is there any need to look futher?

garinda 02-09-2012 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012174)

So, you were wrong again, and talking the usual bullocks.

I said cut off their hands for this one, specific crime,

Not 'for all crime' as you posted.

You really are crap at this, aren't you?

I really do need a more worthy, silly little sheep to worry, than you.

Next please, Farmer Giles!

mobertol 02-09-2012 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012178)
What uh?..take a look..it's all there.. the bloke winds and crawls ..sorry to say there is no well meaning banter between us.. I hate the bloke end of!

Oh, poor you!

You don't know what you're missing...

If I were you I'd finish any contact in that case - I wonder why you continue to seek him out...:confused:

Mancie 02-09-2012 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012180)
So, you were wrong again, and talking the usual bullocks.

I said cut off their hands for this one, specific crime,

Not 'for all crime' as you posted.

You really are crap at this, aren't you?

I really do need a more worthy, silly little sheep to worry, than you.

Next please, Farmer Giles!

So you reckon hands should be chopped off for some crimes..I don't

Mancie 02-09-2012 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1012181)
Oh, poor you!

You don't know what you're missing...

If I were you I'd finish any contact in that case - I wonder why you continue to seek him out...:confused:

Seek him out?..are you on the same forum?

garinda 02-09-2012 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1012179)
See what I mean?..or will this post be nicely deleted by the morning?.. there's not many trouble makers on here but is there any need to look futher?

What's your problem now, Vern, you silly goose?

Surely that particular li'l hat won't fit you?

I was referring to the misguided people, who would have wrongly labelled me as being 'healthy' in my early twenties, purely based on their assumption that to them, I appeared 'healthy'.

Where do you fit in?

Thankfully I didn't know you, when l was in my early twenties.