Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Houseboy 10-09-2012 12:08

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014658)
Your stepping on very dangers ground for some one so ignorant:rolleyes:

Couple of questions Jay!
What exactly is this dangerous ground you speak of?
Why do you think I am ignorant? Ignorant of what?

jaysay 10-09-2012 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014667)
So what - it was available over the counter in many shops at the time.:eek:

And of course being one of the sheep:rolleyes:

jaysay 10-09-2012 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014690)
Couple of questions Jay!
What exactly is this dangerous ground you speak of?
Why do you think I am ignorant? Ignorant of what?

If you'd care to take time out to find out just a little more about people on here you may gain some knowledge, try looking at the whats on thread, think it may broaden your mind somewhat:rolleyes:

Houseboy 11-09-2012 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014740)
If you'd care to take time out to find out just a little more about people on here you may gain some knowledge, try looking at the whats on thread, think it may broaden your mind somewhat:rolleyes:

Again, as usual it seems, you have failed completely to answer a perfectly frank and open-ended question. Exactly what have I said or done to offend? If I have been in any way offensive perhaps you would care to explain what that offence is? And the dangerous ground?
Do you not think that some of the posts on here are far worse than anything I place on it? I myself have been called variously ignorant, a clown, stupid and other things that I most definitely am not. Do I take offence? Absolutely not! Why? Because it is just a forum for debate and people will disagree on all manner of things but it shouldn't come down to "name-calling". As for broadening my mind, I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who is more broad minded than I (read my posts and judge).
If I have offended you in any way that appears to be personal then it is totally unintended but if you are suggesting that I read everyone's personal info to avoid saying anything that offends because of personal circumstances, I'm sorry but that is never going to happen.
Incidentally, I'm virtually blind in one eye, but will I take offence at people commenting on disability (which I have never seen myself as - no pun intended)? No, I will not!
I still await an answer to the "dangerous ground" statement.

kestrelx 11-09-2012 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014739)
And of course being one of the sheep:rolleyes:

You don't know what your talking about? Again - :rolleyes: Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.:cool:

kestrelx 11-09-2012 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014666)
You're obviously not as daft as you first appear.

When your accute powers of observation are later revealed.

Do you suffer from them! :eek::D

kestrelx 11-09-2012 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014579)
Is that a collective 'our'?

As in 'our souls'?

:rolleyes:

That is "ours" as in; those here who've have been attacked by you over their views on drugs, and I wonder if you've encountered users in your trade (what ever that is/was?) then did you also tell them they were naughty, stupid people and would get hurt by their drug use!? :confused:

jaysay 11-09-2012 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014838)
Again, as usual it seems, you have failed completely to answer a perfectly frank and open-ended question. Exactly what have I said or done to offend? If I have been in any way offensive perhaps you would care to explain what that offence is? And the dangerous ground?
Do you not think that some of the posts on here are far worse than anything I place on it? I myself have been called variously ignorant, a clown, stupid and other things that I most definitely am not. Do I take offence? Absolutely not! Why? Because it is just a forum for debate and people will disagree on all manner of things but it shouldn't come down to "name-calling". As for broadening my mind, I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who is more broad minded than I (read my posts and judge).
If I have offended you in any way that appears to be personal then it is totally unintended but if you are suggesting that I read everyone's personal info to avoid saying anything that offends because of personal circumstances, I'm sorry but that is never going to happen.
Incidentally, I'm virtually blind in one eye, but will I take offence at people commenting on disability (which I have never seen myself as - no pun intended)? No, I will not!
I still await an answer to the "dangerous ground" statement.

Using the fact that you say you work and intimating that others don't

jaysay 11-09-2012 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014839)
You don't know what your talking about? Again - :rolleyes: Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.:cool:

So if somebody had given you a free glass of cyanide you'd have tried that two, just because it was free;)

Houseboy 11-09-2012 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014845)
Using the fact that you say you work and intimating that others don't

As I said Jay, I make no attempt to offend anyone by that statement, nor would I. I was simply emphasising that, after being criticised for not reading all the posts on a thread that may run to over a hundred pages, I haven't the time to look at them all, as I have openly stated. It seems that you and I will never agree on many things but please let us agree on this: I will never, ever be knowingly offensive to anyone on this site (or even in life in general). If ever I criticise anyone on a post it will be down to the argument on the thread and my opinions on statements and answers given. I will never hold back but I will not be personally offensive and neither will I take any offence.
Hope that's cleared that one up?

jaysay 11-09-2012 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014851)
As I said Jay, I make no attempt to offend anyone by that statement, nor would I. I was simply emphasising that, after being criticised for not reading all the posts on a thread that may run to over a hundred pages, I haven't the time to look at them all, as I have openly stated. It seems that you and I will never agree on many things but please let us agree on this: I will never, ever be knowingly offensive to anyone on this site (or even in life in general). If ever I criticise anyone on a post it will be down to the argument on the thread and my opinions on statements and answers given. I will never hold back but I will not be personally offensive and neither will I take any offence.
Hope that's cleared that one up?

Like the fairy said Fair enough:rolleyes:

Houseboy 11-09-2012 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014853)
Like the fairy said Fair enough:rolleyes:

Cheers! By the way, I remember the fairy called Nuff.

garinda 11-09-2012 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014839)

No, but you took heroin on more than one occasion, as you posted that fact on here.

Did you have to take that two or three times, before thankfully deciding 'you didn't like' that particular illegal drug?

Would you similarly take Bubble, the latest drug of choice, seeing as it costs less than a pint, if someone gave you some for free?

Some of the many party goers in Blackpool, who were shown on last night's '999 What's your emergency?', were in pitiful states.

I suppose that's what happens, when in order to have a good time you need to take a plant fertiliser.

Full of lovely sh-it, and weed resistant.

As you've already wee'd your pants.

Great night out.

:daisy:

Though I'm afraid it's a 'No' from me.

Thanks.

churchfcrules 11-09-2012 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014930)
No, but you took heroin on more than one occasion, as you posted that fact on here.

Did you have to take that two or three times, before thankfully deciding 'you didn't like' that particular illegal drug?

Would you similarly take Bubble, the latest drug of choice, seeing as it costs less than a pint, if someone gave you some for free?

Some of the many party goers in Blackpool, who were shown on last night's '999 What's your emergency?', were in pitiful states.

I suppose that's what happens, when in order to have a good time you need to take a plant fertiliser.

Full of lovely sh-it, and weed resistant.

As you've already wee'd your pants.

Great night out.

:daisy:

Though I'm afraid it's a 'No' from me.

Thanks.

pedantic point alert:

i thought bubble wasn't actually a plant fertiliser, but that it is sold under the pretence, that is not for human consumption, which then negates various laws

a lot of these "legal highs" are more harmful than some "illegal highs"

but thats a whole different argument for a whole different thread, s'pose.

garinda 11-09-2012 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014842)
I wonder if you've encountered users in your trade (what ever that is/was?) then did you also tell them they were naughty, stupid people and would get hurt by their drug use!?

What, like the fourteen year olds I was trying to help minimise at least one risk, by encouraging them to use condoms, the next time a disgusting old pig was taking advantage of their addiction, by paying them ten or twenty quid to shag them, so they could score their next hit?

Er...yes.

You can bet your sweet bippy I did.