Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Less 17-03-2012 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 978379)

If it was legalised the strength would be known - on the packet and people who don't want to get their "brains blown" would be able to buy weaker goods! As it stands it's pot luck! :)

Surely if the stuff is stronger, then when rolling your spliff you put less in so that it doesn't blow your brain?

Pardon my ignorance though, but isn't the idea behind using this stuff to, 'blow your brain'?
Otherwise just smoke fags and stand outside the pubs along with the rest of the less adventurous amongst us.

susie123 17-03-2012 10:58

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 978379)
If it was legalised the strength would be known - on the packet and people who don't want to get their "brains blown" would be able to buy weaker goods! As it stands it's pot luck! :)

Pot luck? Ha ha - Is that where the phrase originated??

kestrelx 17-03-2012 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 978393)
Surely if the stuff is stronger, then when rolling your spliff you put less in so that it doesn't blow your brain?

Pardon my ignorance though, but isn't the idea behind using this stuff to, 'blow your brain'?
Otherwise just smoke fags and stand outside the pubs along with the rest of the less adventurous amongst us.

Mmm It depends on the individual I suppose but I don't think people want to be incapcitated by it.

I used to smoke it and then listen to music (various kinds) through headphones - it enhances the music 10 fold and makes everything sound more intense, well defined. Also have worked on it!

annesingleton 17-03-2012 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 978464)
Mmm It depends on the individual I suppose but I don't think people want to be incapcitated by it.

I used to smoke it and then listen to music (various kinds) through headphones - it enhances the music 10 fold and makes everything sound more intense, well defined. Also have worked on it!

Is it not time to stop talking about this, you've made your point and got nowhere, you won't change peoples attitudes, is your aim to get the entire Accyweb population smoking dope? If so it doesn't look like you're going to succeed!!
Just enjoy the weed if you want to and don't think you can change peoples opinions!

kestrelx 19-03-2012 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 978596)
Is it not time to stop talking about this, you've made your point and got nowhere, you won't change peoples attitudes, is your aim to get the entire Accyweb population smoking dope? If so it doesn't look like you're going to succeed!!
Just enjoy the weed if you want to and don't think you can change peoples opinions!

I was answering a question by Less, I am not trying to persuade anyone that they have to start smoking dope. I am not preaching and nor do I smoke it myself anymore! :rolleyes:

katex 19-03-2012 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 978464)

This was another affect that the anorexic sufferer experienced.

Said that it did enhance colours, music, etc., but made issues focus on reality. In other words, anorexia is a mental disease which distorts the truth, but whilst puffing on a 'spiff' it brought the non reality into reality, and helped to see what was happening to them. Does that make sense ?

I appreciate your information on cannabis, and it would discourage the manufacture of 'skunk', which sounds dangerous, and I am not convinced in its best form, that it is particularly dangerous or addictive.

My one reason I would vote against legalising it is that, until there is some sort of system in place to catch cannabis drivers I could not endorse it. You surely do have concentration required for the road ? There does appear to be paranoid issue too, although not of a violent nature, just argumentative.

Mancie 19-03-2012 22:09

Voted no but the poll is restricted..legalise cannabis? maybe but not really a big issue to me...make cocaine or heroin legal.. no.

Eric 20-03-2012 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 978858)
I was answering a question by Less, I am not trying to persuade anyone that they have to start smoking dope. I am not preaching and nor do I smoke it myself anymore! :rolleyes:

If you have any left over that you are not using ... :cool:;)

Gordon Booth 20-03-2012 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 979012)
If you have any left over that you are not using ... :cool:;)

I'll bet Eric's response to the poll is 'Frankly my dear I couldn't give a damn'.

susie123 20-03-2012 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 979020)
I'll bet Eric's response to the poll is 'Frankly my dear I couldn't give a damn'.

Wrong there, Gordon... see posts 16 and 17. Could have been me writing them.

Gordon Booth 20-03-2012 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 979025)
Wrong there, Gordon... see posts 16 and 17. Could have been me writing them.

You're right, susie, I've forgotten his earlier posts.
It's just that Eric seems so relaxed about life, he seems to just 'do his own thing' and not worry too much about what the rest of the world thinks- I love it!
I'd also love to have a Cadillac and a Harley Davidson like he does!

susie123 20-03-2012 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 979026)
You're right, susie, I've forgotten his earlier posts.
It's just that Eric seems so relaxed about life, he seems to just 'do his own thing' and not worry too much about what the rest of the world thinks- I love it!
I'd also love to have a Cadillac and a Harley Davidson like he does!

Could be an effect of living in Canada...?

Gordon Booth 20-03-2012 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 979044)
Could be an effect of living in Canada...?

I'd love to have tried that too!

Although perhaps it's because he leads the bachelor life now! No ball and chain?

susie123 20-03-2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 979046)

Although perhaps it's because he leads the bachelor life now! No ball and chain?

Yes, I find Canada quite an appealing prospect.

Couldn't possibly comment on the second possibility... especially where Eric's concerned!

Eric 20-03-2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 979046)

This is true ... and Canada has something to do with it. I think it was Dave in Germany who observed that Canadians (many of them anyway) are so laid back, they are almost comatose. The only thing we get frantic about is Hockey ... in the same way that Brits do about football. Only difference is that we tend to win more than we lose ... a lot more.;):D