Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Houseboy 04-09-2012 12:59

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1012834)
If you smoke the odd bit of weed you probably aren't going to break the law, to allow you to do this.

However, if you're a seventeen year old teenager, funding a heroin habit, I think you'll find there aren't that many job opportunities that will pay you enough to fund your addiction, without resorting to other money making activities.

I agree that there are a great many addicts of various drugs who will use theft to fund their habit but the point is that most of the ones who do that would be using some other excuse for their thievery if they weren't using drugs. The majority would still be stealing and, for example, saying they have a drink problem or debt or a wife who spends too much money or-----need I go on.

susie123 04-09-2012 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1012875)
Ah, well observed Cashman. I came back off my hols and this was top of the list, thought it was new. If I was given to embarrassment I would certainly be that now.
I promise I'll be more observant next time.

You didn't miss much - it's been going round in circles for months.

jaysay 04-09-2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1012877)
The reason I miss things is that I don't have time to read everything on here, there are more things than computers in my life, so I have to plead ignorance sometimes.

Better to read at leisure than post in haste;)

Less 04-09-2012 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1012877)
The reason I miss things is that I don't have time to read everything on here, there are more things than computers in my life, so I have to plead ignorance sometimes.

It has been a thread longer than you have been a member,

Should you really give an opinion without reading everything?

garinda 04-09-2012 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1012878)
The majority would still be stealing

Sort of gentically programmed to be thiefs, irregardless of their need to fund their drug addiction?

What about solicting for prostitution?

Would those same teens still be out wandering the streets late at night, letting disgusting old men penetrate them without a johnny for twenty quid anyway, even if they weren't desperate to score?

You could be on to something here.

Perhaps similarly, some are born, genetically predisposed to be woefully naive.

:rolleyes:

garinda 04-09-2012 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1012929)

Were you one of those daft kids who complained the roundabout made them sick, and dizzy....but didn't have the sense to get off it?

:rolleyes::D

garinda 04-09-2012 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1012929)

Perhaps you should consider having some of those magical monkey gland drugs, for your complaint?

Apparently they work very well for the complaint of - 'Adding very little, but being unable to drag yourself away, whilst others do-itis'.

;)

Houseboy 05-09-2012 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1012992)
It has been a thread longer than you have been a member,

Should you really give an opinion without reading everything?

No, absolutely not. To do that I would have to be retired or unemployed to find the time to do so, which I am neither.
Do you read everything and if so how do you find the time?

Houseboy 05-09-2012 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1012989)
Better to read at leisure than post in haste;)

I really wish I had that much leisure time but, alas, work is a tyrant that takes up too much of my time.

Houseboy 05-09-2012 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013104)
Sort of gentically programmed to be thiefs, irregardless of their need to fund their drug addiction?

What about solicting for prostitution?

Would those same teens still be out wandering the streets late at night, letting disgusting old men penetrate them without a johnny for twenty quid anyway, even if they weren't desperate to score?

You could be on to something here.

Perhaps similarly, some are born, genetically predisposed to be woefully naive.

I'm not saying genetically programmed to do anything. I'm saying that those who are disposed to be law breakers are quite often drawn to the drug scene because it's illegal but not all drug users are law breakers apart from using the drug, which is of course illegal. Many people have taken drugs but not (other than the drug use itself) broken the law. I am also aware that some people have funded use by theft but I think that the numbers are overstated. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's not the norm.

Less 05-09-2012 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013314)
Do you read everything and if so how do you find the time?

No I don't read everything, but if I wish to post in a thread, I do, (no matter how long it is) read it all before putting my foot in it (then I go ahead and put my foot in it, but at least then it's my mistake, I can't blame it on ignorance).
:D

The time I find by allowing you to work for me you superior sod.

jaysay 05-09-2012 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013316)
I really wish I had that much leisure time but, alas, work is a tyrant that takes up too much of my time.

Well maybe its better to keep your gob firmly shut than continually shooting yourself in the foot, or is ignorance still bliss:rolleyes:

garinda 05-09-2012 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013316)

You could always think of a change of career.

I'll happily retire my position as the Accy Web archivist, if there's a suitably qualified applicant, able to take my place.

garinda 05-09-2012 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013378)

I'll happily retire my position as the Accy Web archivist, if there's a suitably qualified applicant, able to take my place.

Please include a S.A.E.

We do always acknowledge rejected applications, if there's recent evidence of poor research methodology.

Houseboy 06-09-2012 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1013349)
No I don't read everything, but if I wish to post in a thread, I do, (no matter how long it is) read it all before putting my foot in it (then I go ahead and put my foot in it, but at least then it's my mistake, I can't blame it on ignorance).

The time I find by allowing you to work for me you superior sod.

So when you have "read it all" I assume that when you make a comment it is based on remembering all 120 pages of contributions that have gone before. Or is it that you indeed only really respond in the way that you have above. You have obviously been on this forum for a long time, Less, a fact that you never fail to point out, but you do seem to take great joy in shooting people down (or at least attempting to do so) without putting too much meat on the bones of your argument.
By the way, your last comment above is itself a statement of superiority and of course untrue, I don't, as far as I am aware , work for you (unless you are unemployed, which then I suppose I do in a round about sort of way).

Houseboy 06-09-2012 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013378)

Does it pay well?

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013572)
So when you have "read it all" I assume that when you make a comment it is based on remembering all 120 pages of contributions that have gone before. Or is it that you indeed only really respond in the way that you have above. You have obviously been on this forum for a long time, Less, a fact that you never fail to point out, but you do seem to take great joy in shooting people down (or at least attempting to do so) without putting too much meat on the bones of your argument.
By the way, your last comment above is itself a statement of superiority and of course untrue, I don't, as far as I am aware , work for you (unless you are unemployed, which then I suppose I do in a round about sort of way).

viva la revolution!

Houseboy 06-09-2012 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1013371)
Well maybe its better to keep your gob firmly shut than continually shooting yourself in the foot, or is ignorance still bliss:rolleyes:

Perhaps you would care to point out exactly where I have "shot myself in the foot"? I do not speak from an ignorance of drugs at all. What does surprise me is that people make assumptions about others without knowing anything about their background or what they do. In the short time I have been a member of this forum I have been amazed at how often some people make comments about things they don't fully understand, but the idea of a forum is to promote debate, however ill-informed their comments might be.
At least I try to make an attempt at debate as opposed to simply putting down what others say without making a contribution to the actual debate itself.

garinda 06-09-2012 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013574)
Does it pay well?

Skanky.

Paper blunts.

You have to have a calling, and do it for love.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013585)
Perhaps you would care to point out exactly where I have "shot myself in the foot"? I do not speak from an ignorance of drugs at all. What does surprise me is that people make assumptions about others without knowing anything about their background or what they do. In the short time I have been a member of this forum I have been amazed at how often some people make comments about things they don't fully understand, but the idea of a forum is to promote debate, however ill-informed their comments might be.
At least I try to make an attempt at debate as opposed to simply putting down what others say without making a contribution to the actual debate itself.

here here!, although i fear me applauding your sentiment, may be to your detriment mon ami!

but can't give karma again! have to dish it again first

garinda 06-09-2012 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013576)
viva la revolution!

That's what the many trolls who've visted here over the years usually cry.

Shortly before disappearing, never to be seen again.

garinda 06-09-2012 10:44

Quote:

What does surprise me is that people make assumptions about others without knowing anything about their background or what they do.

You mean like the assumption that drug addicts who fund their habit through crime, would be involved in criminal activity regardless?

Houseboy 06-09-2012 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013591)
You mean like the assumption that drug addicts who fund their habit through crime, would be involved in criminal activity regardless?

I didn't say (do I really need to keep repeating this) that it never happens, it does, I am saying that the numbers that do are overstated to try to make a point (taking drugs is bad). If you have issue with my argument let me further point out (again) that the original quote came form the ex-chief constable of Middlesbrough, himself an avid anti-drugs believer.
Also, Garinda, I never got round to discussing your point yesterday about prostitution and drugs (I was urgently called away and couldn't finish the post).
There are women of all ages who go into prostitution because of drugs, that is an undeniable fact and all the more sad for it, but prostitution has been around for thousands of years without the help of drug use, as they say, it is the oldest profession in the world.
Let me point out a few facts:
  • Sociological studies have found that most prostitutes are not drug addicts - they go into it for a whole number of reasons.
  • Most female drug addicts do not become prostitutes (I have known very many female drug users and, without exception, not one has turned to prostitution).
  • Some women (contrary to popular belief) actually don't mind being "on the game", it is seen as easy money from hapless punters who can't get laid in any other way, in fact many people believe that, if it weren't for prostitution the instance of rape would increase dramatically.
  • Some prostitutes have (see my original post about criminals and drugs) have become drug addict after being prostitutes.
  • Prostitution was at it's highest in the this country in Victorian times when families were so skint that the wife would be forced into prostitution to help supplement her husbands poor income.
Drug use is a lifestyle choice and, although I would not advocate it, should be left to the individual to decide if it is for them. As for the crime connection, and undoubtedly there is one, however tenuous, we have laws to punish those who chose to participate in any anti-social or criminal behaviour without punishing those who simply want to get on with their own lives, with no interference from those who would force their own morals onto others.

garinda 06-09-2012 11:47

Most people, not just women, who fund a drug addiction through selling themselves, usually start out on that pitiful journey when they're still young and stupid, and unable to fully assess the risks involved.

It's rare for those in middle age, to suddenly want to try illegal recreational drugs for the very first time.

garinda 06-09-2012 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013609)
I didn't say (do I really need to keep repeating this) that it never happens, it does, I am saying that the numbers that do are overstated to try to make a point (taking drugs is bad). If you have issue with my argument let me further point out (again) that the original quote came form the ex-chief constable of Middlesbrough, himself an avid anti-drugs believer.
Also, Garinda, I never got round to discussing your point yesterday about prostitution and drugs (I was urgently called away and couldn't finish the post).
There are women of all ages who go into prostitution because of drugs, that is an undeniable fact and all the more sad for it, but prostitution has been around for thousands of years without the help of drug use, as they say, it is the oldest profession in the world.
Let me point out a few facts:
  • Sociological studies have found that most prostitutes are not drug addicts - they go into it for a whole number of reasons.
  • Most female drug addicts do not become prostitutes (I have known very many female drug users and, without exception, not one has turned to prostitution).
  • Some women (contrary to popular belief) actually don't mind being "on the game", it is seen as easy money from hapless punters who can't get laid in any other way, in fact many people believe that, if it weren't for prostitution the instance of rape would increase dramatically.
  • Some prostitutes have (see my original post about criminals and drugs) have become drug addict after being prostitutes.
  • Prostitution was at it's highest in the this country in Victorian times when families were so skint that the wife would be forced into prostitution to help supplement her husbands poor income.
Drug use is a lifestyle choice and, although I would not advocate it, should be left to the individual to decide if it is for them. As for the crime connection, and undoubtedly there is one, however tenuous, we have laws to punish those who chose to participate in any anti-social or criminal behaviour without punishing those who simply want to get on with their own lives, with no interference from those who would force their own morals onto others.

Er....as stated already, many times.

I don't know anyone who doesn't have the choice to take whatever drug they like, right now...and as the law currently stands.

;)

Houseboy 06-09-2012 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013628)
Most people, not just women, who fund a drug addiction through selling themselves, usually start out on that pitiful journey when they're still young and stupid, and unable to fully assess the risks involved.

It's rare for those in middle age, to suddenly want to try illegal recreational drugs for the very first time.

I agree totally with that. But do you not think that young people are drawn to drugs because they are illegal? Because it is "dangerous"? Young people, myself included when I was young (a long time ago), are drawn to the rebellious side of life and always will be. If drugs were legal is it not possible that less people would use them? Just a thought.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013630)

I don't know anyone who doesn't have the choice to take whatever drug they like, right now...and as the law currently stands.

;)

well no, as the law currently stands, you can be in trouble for taking certain drugs, however how those laws are sanctioned at the moment are questionable.

to be a "law abiding citizen" then you dont have a choice.

garinda 06-09-2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013631)
I agree totally with that. But do you not think that young people are drawn to drugs because they are illegal? Because it is "dangerous"? Young people, myself included when I was young (a long time ago), are drawn to the rebellious side of life and always will be. If drugs were legal is it not possible that less people would use them? Just a thought.

No, I don't.

I think young people take drugs because they make you feel absolutely fantastic...initally.

Houseboy 06-09-2012 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013630)

;)

Without being criminalised?

Houseboy 06-09-2012 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013633)
No, I don't.

I think young people take drugs because they make you feel absolutely fantastic...initally.

Can't argue with your second point at all. Still disagree with you on the first though, although it is a matter of conjecture.

garinda 06-09-2012 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013632)
well no, as the law currently stands, you can be in trouble for taking certain drugs, however how those laws are sanctioned at the moment are questionable.

to be a "law abiding citizen" then you dont have a choice.

Read the thread.

Already discussed.

Of the thousands of people I've known who take drugs, not one of them has been done for personal possession, in the last 'turn-a-blind-eye' two decades.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013631)
If drugs were legal is it not possible that less people would use them? Just a thought.

and should we really care, how many do? i think drugs are not allowed, to control the masses, you dont want an entire economy brought to its knees, cos everyone is out of their face, did we not face the same issues with the gin joints of victorian london?

i am sure throughout history, you will find cases of "the lower classes", using something as escapism from their pitifull lives.

garinda 06-09-2012 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013635)
Can't argue with your second point at all. Still disagree with you on the first though, although it is a matter of conjecture.

Argue away.

You'll still be wrong.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013636)
Read the thread.

Already discussed.

Of the thousands of people I've known who take drugs, not one of them has been done for personal possession, in the last 'turn-a-blind-eye' two decades.

i was simply reiterating the point, as you were yours!

just because, you "dont get caught, or punished" doesnt mean its not a criminal action, that you have undertaken

garinda 06-09-2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013637)
i think drugs are not allowed, to control the masses

I don't know of anyone now, who'd like to take drugs, but are too afraid, because of their legal status.

Do you?

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013640)
I don't know of anyone now, who'd like to take drugs, but are too afraid, because of their legal status.

Do you?

and i dont know any one legged irish banjo players, do you

and if not doesnt mean they dont exist, now does it?

garinda 06-09-2012 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013639)
just because, you "dont get caught, or punished" doesnt mean its not a criminal action, that you have undertaken

Er...I've never said otherwise.

In law, possession of an illegal narcotic is a crime.

In reality, as it stands, you'll never be charged for possession for personal use.

Nor would you have been, for the last twenty years.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:13

surely the Volsted act, in america, proved that all that you do is create crime, through prohibition, not irradicate it.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013643)
Er...I've never said otherwise.

In law, possession of an illegal narcotic is a crime.

In reality, as it stands, you'll never be charged for possession for personal use.

Nor would you have been, for the last twenty years.

but you implied, that anyone has the choice now, although we have established that they dont actually have a choice, if they wish to stay within the law

certainly they have a choice without fear of judicial retribution, but thats not the same

garinda 06-09-2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013641)
and i dont know any one legged irish banjo players, do you

and if not doesnt mean they dont exist, now does it?

Oh dear, I think they might be right.

Tenage weed smokers do impair their I.Q,

garinda 06-09-2012 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013646)
but you implied, that anyone has the choice now, although we have established that they dont actually have a choice, if they wish to stay within the law

certainly they have a choice without fear of judicial retribution, but thats not the same

I've just rembered why I never saw the appeal of weed.

Too much sitting around talking gibberish, thinking what's being discussed is meaningful, and deep...man.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013647)
Oh dear, I think they might be right.

Tenage weed smokers do impair their I.Q,

thought you were better than that, and you was actually having a conversation, obviously not, and has to resort to same old, shame, nice while it lasted!

garinda 06-09-2012 12:26

The law's not been used as forcefully over the last few decades.

Meanwhile the number of users, and addicts, has increased dramatically.

Go figure.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013654)
The law's not been used as forcefully over the last few decades.

Meanwhile the number of users, and addicts, has increased dramatically.

Go figure.

do you have those statistics?

Houseboy 06-09-2012 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013644)
surely the Volsted act, in america, proved that all that you do is create crime, through prohibition, not irradicate it.

Absolutely!!! My point entirely.

By the way Garinda, nice to see that you are keeping the old open mind about things. Nothing like having an argument with someone who is so convinced of their "rightness" that everyone else has to be wrong if they don't fit in. In case you hadn't noticed, I have agreed with you on some points but I don't see that being the case with you, are you always so convinced of your beliefs (because that is what they are, not facts).
If only you had my knowledge on this you may, just possibly, move slightly from your entrenched view. Unfortunately, due to this being a public forum I am limited as to what I can say for a number of reasons. Both from a historical and sociological point of view this is a subject I have extensive knowledge on. There are facts and there are opinions and they do not always equate to the same thing.

garinda 06-09-2012 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013650)
thought you were better than that, and you was actually having a conversation, obviously not, and has to resort to same old, shame, nice while it lasted!

Read what's already been posted, ask me something new, and I won't be flippant, because you won't bore me.

;)

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:30

Among 16 to 24 year olds in England and Wales in 2002/03:

Prevalence of taking drugs in the last year decreased slightly between 2001/02 and 2002/03 (from 30% to 28%); prevalence of taking drugs in the last month was 18% in 2002/03 (compared with 19% in 2001/02).

we can all find them

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013658)
Read what's already been posted, ask me something new, and I won't be flippant, because you won't bore me.

;)

then dont bore the rest of us with points you have already made!

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:32

remember only 3 types of lies!

susie123 06-09-2012 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013648)
Too much sitting around talking gibberish, thinking what's being discussed is meaningful, and deep...man.

Just like this thread.

garinda 06-09-2012 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013656)
do you have those statistics?

Why, do you need glasses, or do you just walk around in a bubble, with the view obscured because of the condensation in there?

After you've read all that's been discussed on the legalisation of recreational drugs on here, I'm sure some kind soul will pop along and answer any as yet unanswered questions you might have.

This isn't the thead by the way.

This is just a subsequent poll, created to accompany the thread.

This is the thread.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html

Knowledge is power.

Happy reading.

Any failure to do so could be seen as yet one more long-term effect of teenage weed smoking, lethargy.

garinda 06-09-2012 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1013671)
Just like this thread.

...and yet you keep reading it, and occasionally posting, off thread, little comments, you silly little goose.

I don't know who's the bigger fool.

You, reading things you have no interest in, or myself.

Answering the same old questions, by members who haven't the sense to read what's all ready been discussed, and addressed.

My money's on you.

;)

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013692)
Why, do you need glasses, or do you just walk around in a bubble, with the view obscured because of the condensation in there?

After you've read all that's been discussed on the legalisation of recreational drugs on here, I'm sure some kind soul will pop along and answer any as yet unanswered questions you might have.

This isn't the thead by the way.

This is just a subsequent poll, created to accompany the thread.

This is the thread.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html

Knowledge is power.

Happy reading.

Any failure to do so could be seen as yet one more long-term effect of teenage weed smoking, lethargy.

the way you spout rhetorically, i am beginning to think, that you yourself have been wandering outside of the bathroom cupboard for your meds

Gordon Booth 06-09-2012 17:19

Quote:

and should we really care, how many do? i think drugs are not allowed, to control the masses, you dont want an entire economy brought to its knees, cos everyone is out of their face, did we not face the same issues with the gin joints of victorian london?

i am sure throughout history, you will find cases of "the lower classes", using something as escapism from their pitifull lives.

Come the Revolution, Brother!
So you think drugs are not allowed to control the masses? Should we really care how many use them?
By inference you appear to suggest we should allow them and if the economy is brought to it's knees so be it! Or perhaps your post is badly put together and I misunderstood?
Perhaps they're not allowed because they're bad for you? That would not seem unreasonable.
As for 'the lower classes' seeking escapism from their pitiful lives, what year do you think it is, 1812 not 2012? Most of the people on Accyweb appear to be ordinary working class people, members of the 'lower classes'(couldn't you have put that better?). I doubt if many of them feel they have lived pitiful lives or know anyone else who has.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1013696)
So you think drugs are not allowed to control the masses? Should we really care how many use them?
By inference you appear to suggest we should allow them and if the economy is brought to it's knees so be it! Or perhaps your post is badly put together and I misunderstood?
Perhaps they're not allowed because they're bad for you? That would not seem unreasonable.
As for 'the lower classes' seeking escapism from their pitiful lives, what year do you think it is, 1812 not 2012? Most of the people on Accyweb appear to be ordinary working class people, members of the 'lower classes'(couldn't you have put that better?). I doubt if many of them feel they have lived pitiful lives or know anyone else who has.

i am sure many on here would argue that there is a class below them, just read some of the posts they make

walkinman221 06-09-2012 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013697)
i am sure many on here would argue that there is a class below them, just read some of the posts they make

Have you been into Accrington town centre around the abbey street area lately? , if not go see for yourself;)

garinda 06-09-2012 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013660)
then dont bore the rest of us with points you have already made!

I know, showing pity, and kindness to the feeble, has always been a mill-stone around my neck.

Gordon Booth 06-09-2012 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013697)

Class, churchfcrules, pure class!
Have you ever read 'How to Win Fiends and Influence People'?
I wouldn't bother, it would probably be wasted on you.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1013696)

and again please read carefully if you are going to quote me
"i think drugs are not allowed(comma) to control the masses

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1013701)
Class, churchfcrules, pure class!
Have you ever read 'How to Win Fiends and Influence People'?
I wouldn't bother, it would probably be wasted on you.

probably right, im here for neither

how could you tell

garinda 06-09-2012 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 1013698)
Have you been into Accrington town centre around the abbey street area lately? , if not go see for yourself;)

Wasn't it just the same up Abbey St. in the seventies?

Wasn't Accy Con's dance floor filled with couples pilled up to their eye-balls, whizzing speedily through a quick-step?

Didn't people openly nip into local boozer's bogs to have a cheeky line in the early eighties?

Surely in the past jobless young people passed their time sat playing Lu-do, and smoking weed with their friends?

No?

Well I'll be damned, perhaps there has been an explosion in drug usage!

(Lend out your non-rose tinted glasses, will you please matey?)

jaysay 06-09-2012 17:40

Quote:

Well you actually seem to do that every time you post that will be about 69 times so far

garinda 06-09-2012 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013702)
and again please read carefully if you are going to quote me
"i think drugs are not allowed(comma) to control the masses

Who's not allowed to take them, if they so wish, because of their legal staus?

I don't no any.

Although I know lots who do use them.

Now.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1013706)
Well you actually seem to do that every time you post that will be about 69 times so far

you dont see the irony of your own post do you?

garinda 06-09-2012 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013702)
to control the masses

Whoever, or whatever, it's working on you.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013709)
Whoever, or whatever, it's working on you.

explain?

that makes no sense!

walkinman221 06-09-2012 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013704)
Wasn't it just the same up Abbey St. in the seventies?

Wasn't Accy Con's dance floor filled with couples pilled up to their eye-balls, whizzing speedily through a quick-step?

Didn't people openly nip into local boozer's bogs to have a cheeky line in the early eighties?

Surely in the past jobless young people passed their time sat playing Lu-do, and smoking weed with their friends?

No?

Well I'll be damned, perhaps there has been an explosion in drug usage!

(Lend out your non-rose tinted glasses, will you please matey?)

There for hire only (at a reasonable rate of course):D

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1013716)
Someone obviously knows you better than I do.

oh i can beat that, its actually my initials DH, hows that for fate

garinda 06-09-2012 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013657)
By the way Garinda, nice to see that you are keeping the old open mind about things.

Since I'm now in the fifth decade, since I first came into contact with illicit drugs, and with all my many already given experiences, which resulted in my already much stated belief that decriminalistion would be seen as a green light, and I believe a resultant increase in users, and therefore more misery for the ones who do develop addictions...don't expect me to change my mind on this issue, anytime soon.

It'll take a better dope than you, if someone's capable of making that happen.

;)

garinda 06-09-2012 18:11

For those poor souls, lacking the concentration to digest what's already been said, as an act of kindness, I'll say again....

There's very little public support for the law to be changed.

There are no votes to be won.

It's never going to happen.

Therefore, rid yourself of all the bad vibes.

Chill dudes.

;)

garinda 06-09-2012 19:15

Quote:

...and now you have the internet.

Ain't life sweet?

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013751)
...and now you have the internet.

Ain't life sweet?

my god that took some time? you must be bored!

jaysay 06-09-2012 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013752)

No he went for his tea:rolleyes:

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1013754)
No he went for his tea:rolleyes:

guffaw guffaw, but we can all see the time stamps, guffaw guffaw !

garinda 06-09-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013752)

Not content with reading any given information once, very often I'll reread it, to make sure I haven't missed any hidden gems.

Knowledge is power.

Read, read, read.

Give, give, give.

;)

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013759)
Not content with reading any given information once, very often I'll reread it, to make sure I haven't missed any hidden gems.

Knowledge is power.

Read, read, read.

Give, give, give.

;)

or..........time to work out that "spontaneous" rapier wit.

garinda 06-09-2012 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013761)
or..........time to work out that "spontaneous" rapier wit.

Wit?

You flatter me.

Quiet a compliment...from the witless.

Thank you.

:)

Gordon Booth 06-09-2012 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013756)
guffaw guffaw, but we can all see the time stamps, guffaw guffaw !

Only the 'lower classes' guffaw, the rest of us larf gently behind an open hand.
But then you do quote from the Sun so you are consistent.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1013766)
Only the 'lower classes' guffaw, the rest of us larf gently behind an open hand.
But then you do quote from the Sun so you are consistent.

are you another that has to rely on name calling, cmon gordon you can do better?

garinda 06-09-2012 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013767)
are you another that has to rely on name calling, cmon gordon you can do better?

I hope you're not calling Gordon names, are you?

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013772)
I hope you're not calling Gordon names, are you?

not that i am aware, well not on the board anyway!

however jilted john keeps running through my mind, for some reason!

garinda 06-09-2012 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013773)
not that i am aware, well not on the board anyway!

however jilted john keeps running through my mind, for some reason!

Oh, so you are another of that sad little group on here?

Those who don't practice what they preach.

Well the Accy Web Gordon is as far from a moron, as you are from originality.

Good luck.

;)

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013776)
Oh, so you are another of that sad little group on here?

Those who don't practice what they preach.

Well the Accy Web Gordon is as far from a moron, as you are from originality.

Good luck.

;)

you got me all wrong

i said i wasnt calling gordon names, not here on the boards

i do however have jilted john running through my head, the only connection with gordon is the name gordon, i didnt mean it as "gordon is a moron"

you see, im not as "clevr" as you, so i would have just said it, if i wanted to

just seen something else now and got "lucy in the sky" stuck in there

so sorry lucy, if you're reading, i havent got your diamonds

Gordon Booth 06-09-2012 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013767)

Come on, churchfcrules, I thought you enjoyed a bit of verbal duelling!
If not don't do it and more important never loose your sense of humour.
Just for the record, what name did I call someone?

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1013782)
Come on, churchfcrules, I thought you enjoyed a bit of verbal duelling!
If not don't do it and more important never loose your sense of humour.
Just for the record, what name did I call someone?

seems as though i have given the wrong impression of myself Gordon

i believe in people speaking their mind, and not been ridiculed for having and sharing an opinion.

i am against others who believe their opinion, opinion bear in mind, to be the only correct one

or worse still those who dont even share their opinion, and just lampoon those that do

true when poked with a figurative stick i am prone to return the odd word(ahem), but only with those that are capable of stringing together a decent argument for their views, no wrong or right in opinion, and if your points are valid, i will change mine, simples!!

as for name calling, i just find it base, when you get" i know you are you said you are" sort of comments, thats how i interpreted your comment, of labeling me as the lowest class, if you knew me and what a scumbag i am then fair enough, but i am not aware that you have that knowledge of me, however i could be wrong.

Less 06-09-2012 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013721)
Since I'm now in the fifth decade, since I first came into contact with illicit drugs, and with all my many already given experiences, which resulted in my already much stated belief that decriminalistion would be seen as a green light, and I believe a resultant increase in users, and therefore more misery for the ones who do develop addictions...don't expect me to change my mind on this issue, anytime soon.

;)

I haven't bothered to read any of your posts for the past six month's, however I feel I still have the right to criticise anything you or anyone else has posted because mine must surely be the only opinion anyone should listen to?

(Actually I try to read everything, but drug related lethargy and the fact that if it's posted on AccyWeb it must mean it's wrong anyway prevents me from giving a damn).

garinda 06-09-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1013803)
I haven't bothered to read any of your posts for the past six month's, however I feel I still have the right to criticise anything you or anyone else has posted because mine must surely be the only opinion anyone should listen to?

(Actually I try to read everything, but drug related lethargy and the fact that if it's posted on AccyWeb it must mean it's wrong anyway prevents me from giving a damn).

Feel free.

Read, don't read.

Carry on regardless.

I will.

Just as I'll carry on turning you every hour.

So those nasty bed sores don't come back.

Give, give, give.

;)

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 22:11

Quote:

(whispering) dont worry, i got it!

garinda 06-09-2012 22:26

Quote:

?

Just a tip.

Given freely.

In love...and peace.

Never publicly question yourself.

It's a downward spiral.

As soon you could find yourself sat in a darkened room, with fellow sufferers.

Asking yourselves unanswerable questions.

'But where DOES space end?'

'How do I KNOW the light actually goes off, when I close the fridge door?'

The classic.

'Jesus, why ME?

Etc., etc.

:hippy:

kestrelx 06-09-2012 22:35

Quote:

;)

Do you know the actor Keith Allen, he was on a morning TV show and he said, to paraphrase him; "People have been changing the way they enjoy life - using drugs since the dawn of humanity so get over it, we should legalise drugs!"

That is the gist of what he said - is that irresponsible?
Lily Allen’s dad, Keith Allen to take drugs on live Channel 4 Drugs Live | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

garinda 06-09-2012 22:43

Quote:

I haven't bothered to read any of your posts for the past six month's

Got to be said, as it's like an addiction that must be fed.

I've got to say I admire your grit.

That's very nice grit, Less.

You did very well, lasting so long.

Lesser men than you, and anyone with any sense, gave up on average six years ago,

Well done Mummy's little soldier.

I salute you.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1013826)
Do you know the actor Keith Allen, he was on a morning TV show and he said, to paraphrase him; "People have been changing the way they think using drugs since the dawn of humanity so get over it, we should legalise drugs!"

Lily Allen’s dad, Keith Allen to take drugs on live Channel 4 Drugs Live | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

almost guarantee now, that keith, wont be having a good come down, drugs will be shown in a negative way, channel 4 dare not do anything but, irrelevant of figures

bbc 3 have already done it, shown people taking drugs

the hook with this is its live and "celebs" article says a few have been approached

thats my threpence appney

cashman 06-09-2012 22:49

Personally speaking i don't give a toss who takes what, its there choice, what i do give a toss about,is they become addicted n have to thieve to feed the habit.

garinda 06-09-2012 23:01

Quote:

Do you know the actor Keith Allen

I must say you're a bit like Mystic Meg today.

First Vivienne Westwood, now this.

Yes, I do know him.

We had some good old chin-wags, whilst sat in the bath, on many a Monday afternoon.

Nice chap.

Bit of a scrounger.

Always asking to be 'lent' whatever, that once consumed, he very rarely gives you back.

Lives in a bit of a dream world, but I suppose that's a result of attempting to be educated in Essex.

Yes, people always have, and always will want to feel absolutely effin fantastic, by means of artifical stimulus.

Would l encourage a child l loved to take the risk, in the hope they're in the majority, and won't have to go on the rob, or spread their legs for some olf perv to fund a serious habit?

No.

(That question was to the forum, not myself, by the way. You should at least make an attempt at deception, when practicising that ol' time religious preachin'.)

Amen.

garinda 07-09-2012 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013815)
(whispering) dont worry, i got it!

All's not lost then, is it?

Only some of it.

jaysay 07-09-2012 08:27

Quote:

Do you know the actor Keith Allen, he was on a morning TV show and he said, to paraphrase him; "People have been changing the way they enjoy life - using drugs since the dawn of humanity so get over it, we should legalise drugs!"

So some actor says its okay to use drugs and you start grovelling at his feet:worthy::worthy::worthy:

garinda 07-09-2012 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1013876)
So some actor says its okay to use drugs and you start grovelling at his feet:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Talking of Keith Allen, telly programmes, and drugs.

One of the maddest programme I ever saw was the film Keith Allen made about the posh little English wonderboy and so-called antiques expert who appeared on Wogan....who took a few drugs....and few years later is now a mad Welsh slut called Lauren.

Keith Allen fight it out in Lady Fontleroy documentary about Lauren Harries/James Harries life - YouTube

Do please research carefully all known side-effects, before necking any pills.

Houseboy 07-09-2012 10:21

Quote:

;)

You are allowed your opinion of course and I would never begrudge you that, but it doesn't make you right. You may of course be right. I however am of the opposite opinion. Are you certain that youngsters are not drawn to things that are illegal because they are so and would therefore not so be drawn if they weren't?

kestrelx 07-09-2012 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013832)
almost guarantee now, that keith, wont be having a good come down, drugs will be shown in a negative way, channel 4 dare not do anything but, irrelevant of figures

bbc 3 have already done it, shown people taking drugs

the hook with this is its live and "celebs" article says a few have been approached

thats my threpence appney

How do you know it will show them from a bad light? I don't think Keith Allen is the type to fudge things because a TV Producer tells him to - I think he'll probably be more honest.

When is it on then? They've been talking about it for ages.

Yes BBC 3 did it in the late 90's they had people taking mushrooms of both kinds, extacy and I think mescaline in a mansion with experts checking on the users progress.:D

kestrelx 07-09-2012 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1013876)

Ha ha ha! Not so - I was just adding this fact - what he says is just his opinion, worth pointing out on this thread - oh Mullah! ;)