Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

kestrelx 07-09-2012 10:39

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013847)
I must say you're a bit like Mystic Meg today.

First Vivienne Westwood, now this.

Yes, I do know him.

We had some good old chin-wags, whilst sat in the bath, on many a Monday afternoon.

Nice chap.

Bit of a scrounger.

Always asking to be 'lent' whatever, that once consumed, he very rarely gives you back.

Lives in a bit of a dream world, but I suppose that's a result of attempting to be educated in Essex.

:rolleyes:

Yes, people always have, and always will want to feel absolutely effin fantastic, by means of artifical stimulus.

Would l encourage a child l loved to take the risk, in the hope they're in the majority, and won't have to go on the rob, or spread their legs for some olf perv to fund a serious habit?

No.

(That question was to the forum, not myself, by the way. You should at least make an attempt at deception, when practicising that ol' time religious preachin'.)

Amen.

Ooops! I didn't know you were Mr Showbiz and I had to run it by you before deciding whether to post someone's name? :rolleyes:

Keith's alright he has a farm down in Somerset where he spends all this free time - raising free-range chickens - so I heard or read somewhere?

While you were in the bath with him, Garinda, where you sniffing anything? ;)

Well I suppose if you have kids and they take drugs and get hurt you will always feel the guilt that it was your fault - which I suppose is the motivation to stop them doing it - bit of a catch 22.

garinda 07-09-2012 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1013906)
While you were in the bath with him, Garinda, where you sniffing anything? ;)

Er...no.

Well toasties, that old Joycie would make on request. They ponged a bit.

Sniff?

You mean like amyl-nitrate, but are too much of a pussy to say?

Again, no.

Keith Allan ain't queer, no one at the baths was.

Although Joycie was a bit odd.

She used to serve you her toasties slid off her Daily Mirror.

garinda 07-09-2012 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1013906)
Well I suppose if you have kids and they take drugs and get hurt you will always feel the guilt that it was your fault

Only if you'd been stupid enough to encourage them, and denied the risks involved, would you.

(See other thread.)

kestrelx 09-09-2012 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013907)
Er...no.

Well toasties, that old Joycie would make on request. They ponged a bit.

Sniff?

You mean like amyl-nitrate, but are too much of a pussy to say?

Again, no.

Keith Allan ain't queer, no one at the baths was.

Although Joycie was a bit odd.

She used to serve you her toasties slid off her Daily Mirror.

Who's old Joycie? Can you give us insight into this world?

Yep could have been amyl nitrate, or sulphate or cocaine? Keith has been a big drug user - hasn't he!?

Isn't one of his claims to fame is that he stripped off naked on stage at a Max Bygraves performance, who then said "You'll never work in show business again!" :rolleyes:;)

garinda 09-09-2012 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014557)
Who's old Joycie? Can you give us insight into this world?

Yep could have been amyl nitrate, or sulphate or cocaine? Keith has been a big drug user - hasn't he!?

Isn't one of his claims to fame is that he stripped off naked on stage at a Max Bygraves performance, who then said "You'll never work in show business again!" :rolleyes:;)

As I said, as you're clearly so fascinated, and I'd simply hate to spoil it for you, you'll just have to wait for the book.

;)

garinda 09-09-2012 19:42

The legality of amyl-nitrate, which increases your heart rate dramatically, and causes a brief high when sniffed, is questionable.

The law's overcome by selling 'poppers', it's street name, as a 'room aroma', despite the horrible things stinking like sweaty feet.

The last place I saw these dangerous drugs openly for sale, as I posted on here at the time, was in Accrington Market Hall.

I've also seen fifty odd year olds, so called respected members of the community, sat openly sniffing them in local boozers in Hyndburn.

Disgusting things.

Despite some people saying the risks when taking recreational drugs are negligible, that's wrong.

People have died through taking this crap.

All for a temporary, chemically induced high.

So not worth the risk.

I'd certainly not return to places where it's use was tolerated.

kestrelx 09-09-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014568)
The legality of amyl-nitrate, which increases your heart rate dramatically, and causes a brief high when sniffed, is questionable.

The law's overcome by selling 'poppers', it's street name, as a 'room aroma', despite the horrible things stinking like sweaty feet.

The last place I saw these dangerous drugs openly for sale, as I posted on here at the time, was in Accrington Market Hall.

I've also seen fifty odd year olds, so called respected members of the community, sat openly sniffing them in local boozers in Hyndburn.

Disgusting things.

Despite some people saying the risks when taking recreational drugs are negligible, that's wrong.

People have died through taking this crap.

All for a temporary, chemically induced high.

So not worth the risk.

I'd certainly not return to places where it's use was tolerated.

I'd agree with you about Amyl makes you feel like your gonna have a heart attack. But Amyl Nitrate is not the same as magic mushrooms, different effect, different experience.

You are so adamantly against drugs - I just wonder how you managed as you seem to be mixing with people that would have been using them!

So did you voice your disgust in their faces? As you do in ours? :rolleyes:

garinda 09-09-2012 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014571)
I'd agree with you about Amyl makes you feel like your gonna have a heart attack. But Amyl Nitrate is not the same as magic mushrooms, different effect, different experience.

You are so adamantly against drugs - I just wonder how you managed as you seem to be mixing with people that would have been using them!

It make come as some suprise, but I've never really been influenced by dicky heads.

Same on here.

Plus, having good self-control helps.

:)

garinda 09-09-2012 20:02

Quote:

ours?

Is that a collective 'our'?

As in 'our souls'?

garinda 09-09-2012 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014579)

As in 'our souls'?

If it is, I think one or two of your hemorrhoids might have dropped of.

Which must be a blessing.

kestrelx 09-09-2012 21:16

Quote:

As in 'our souls'?

I don't know about your life and it's not on my list of priorities to find out about the details!

The issue is if you knew some famous folks were you as vocal about being against drugs to them as you are here?

At the end of the day there are many threats to a childs life in this world - such as drinking bleach and running out in front of cars! As we become adults we can also be killed in car crashes and so on - life is full of conflict and threats to life!

kestrelx 09-09-2012 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014582)

As it happens I don't have piles! So you seem to be trying to fob off the issue here - typical Chameleon activities! :confused::rolleyes::D

mobertol 09-09-2012 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014582)

In some cases, not others -for to be "a pain in the arse" one must know how it really feels, surely...:rolleyes::D

garinda 09-09-2012 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014604)
I don't know about your life and it's not on my list of priorities to find out about the details!

The issue is if you knew some famous folks were you as vocal about being against drugs to them as you are here?

At the end of the day there are many threats to a childs life in this world - such as drinking bleach and running out in front of cars! As we become adults we can also be killed in car crashes and so on - life is full of conflict and threats to life!

Generally, drinking bleach, and running out in front of traffic, is not promoted as being something that's pleasurable.

Nor have I seen any evidence on here, of people glibly minimising the risks of doing such things. Instead, preferring to promote the thrills to be had.

The 'I drank bleach three times, but never became addicted' mentality, we've occasionally seen from some.

garinda 09-09-2012 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1014609)
In some cases, not others -for to be "a pain in the arse" one must know how it really feels, surely...:rolleyes::D

Probably why I'm a republican.

Much more effective to treat the unfortunate with a red-hot poker.

Short, sharp, shock.

Give, give, give.

jaysay 10-09-2012 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1013904)
Ha ha ha! Not so - I was just adding this fact - what he says is just his opinion, worth pointing out on this thread - oh Mullah! ;)

Ya but you've got previous of singing the praises of illegal substances:rolleyes:

jaysay 10-09-2012 08:26

Quote:

Ah so you did try Amyl then:rolleyes:

garinda 10-09-2012 08:45

Personally I always find it so much easier, giving my own personal opinion, than say, someone else's.

I think some find that task easier when there's underlying problems with personality disorders, brought on my goodness knows what.

Houseboy 10-09-2012 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014643)
Personally I always find it so much easier, giving my own personal opinion, than say, someone else's.

And you certainly are opinionated. However, I have to say that your posts are a least tinged with wit and humour, which is more than can be said for some "one liners" on here. I'll go do some work now, lest there be those who feel I sit here in a drug-induced coma all day.
Doesn't the sky look lovely when it is so pink?

jaysay 10-09-2012 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014653)
And you certainly are opinionated. However, I have to say that your posts are a least tinged with wit and humour, which is more than can be said for some "one liners" on here. I'll go do some work now, lest there be those who feel I sit here in a drug-induced coma all day.

Your stepping on very dangers ground for some one so ignorant:rolleyes:

garinda 10-09-2012 10:01

Quote:

What line of work are you employed in?

Do you get to keep popping on here throughout the day, when there's no one else in the bogs?

garinda 10-09-2012 10:05

Quote:

As already stated, I do feel blessed, only having my own opinions, rather than those of other people.

Probably why I find it relatively easy in sharing them.

kestrelx 10-09-2012 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014623)
Probably why I'm a republican.

Much more effective to treat the unfortunate with a red-hot poker.

Short, sharp, shock.

Give, give, give.

You obviously are an experienced man - when it comes to piles and red hot pokers.

garinda 10-09-2012 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014663)
You obviously are an experienced man - when it comes to piles and red hot pokers.

You're obviously not as daft as you first appear.

When your accute powers of observation are later revealed.

kestrelx 10-09-2012 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014635)

So what - it was available over the counter in many shops at the time.:eek:

garinda 10-09-2012 10:14

You might even suprise us yet still further, by exhibiting clear thinking patterns, or even humour.

kestrelx 10-09-2012 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014666)

Piles are veins in the backside that swell up due to stress, heat, pregnancy, old age. I think treating them with a red hot poker would lead to several weeks in hospital!

garinda 10-09-2012 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014667)

As posted, it still is, in Accrington Market Hall.

They don't openly sell heroin in there though.

Was that more difficult to purchase than amyl-nitrate, when you took them both?

garinda 10-09-2012 10:30

This is when I seriously question the long-term effects on the mind of taking a whole myriad of recreational drugs.

Most people would realise, as our poll shows, Accy Web really isn't the place to win the argument, about decriminalising recreational narcotics usage.

Most would have the sense to let the matter rest.

But no, some keep coming back for a little fix, to feed what appears to be a terrible addiction, to wanting to be noticed.

Just say no.

The next time the voices goad you to do it.

It'll make for a more contented life in the long run.

Houseboy 10-09-2012 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014661)
What line of work are you employed in?

Do you get to keep popping on here throughout the day, when there's no one else in the bogs?

The media (in answer to your first question).
Don't have to wait for anyone else for the bog as it tends to be free most of the time at home. I'm a self-employed consultant with no-one watching over my shoulder. Ah, the freedom!!
What do you do (or is that a closely guarded secret)?

Houseboy 10-09-2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014658)
Your stepping on very dangers ground for some one so ignorant:rolleyes:

Couple of questions Jay!
What exactly is this dangerous ground you speak of?
Why do you think I am ignorant? Ignorant of what?

jaysay 10-09-2012 17:45

Quote:

And of course being one of the sheep:rolleyes:

jaysay 10-09-2012 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014690)
Couple of questions Jay!
What exactly is this dangerous ground you speak of?
Why do you think I am ignorant? Ignorant of what?

If you'd care to take time out to find out just a little more about people on here you may gain some knowledge, try looking at the whats on thread, think it may broaden your mind somewhat:rolleyes:

Houseboy 11-09-2012 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014740)
If you'd care to take time out to find out just a little more about people on here you may gain some knowledge, try looking at the whats on thread, think it may broaden your mind somewhat:rolleyes:

Again, as usual it seems, you have failed completely to answer a perfectly frank and open-ended question. Exactly what have I said or done to offend? If I have been in any way offensive perhaps you would care to explain what that offence is? And the dangerous ground?
Do you not think that some of the posts on here are far worse than anything I place on it? I myself have been called variously ignorant, a clown, stupid and other things that I most definitely am not. Do I take offence? Absolutely not! Why? Because it is just a forum for debate and people will disagree on all manner of things but it shouldn't come down to "name-calling". As for broadening my mind, I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who is more broad minded than I (read my posts and judge).
If I have offended you in any way that appears to be personal then it is totally unintended but if you are suggesting that I read everyone's personal info to avoid saying anything that offends because of personal circumstances, I'm sorry but that is never going to happen.
Incidentally, I'm virtually blind in one eye, but will I take offence at people commenting on disability (which I have never seen myself as - no pun intended)? No, I will not!
I still await an answer to the "dangerous ground" statement.

kestrelx 11-09-2012 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014739)
And of course being one of the sheep:rolleyes:

You don't know what your talking about? Again - :rolleyes: Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.:cool:

kestrelx 11-09-2012 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014666)

Do you suffer from them! :eek::D

kestrelx 11-09-2012 09:36

Quote:

As in 'our souls'?

That is "ours" as in; those here who've have been attacked by you over their views on drugs, and I wonder if you've encountered users in your trade (what ever that is/was?) then did you also tell them they were naughty, stupid people and would get hurt by their drug use!? :confused:

jaysay 11-09-2012 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014838)
Again, as usual it seems, you have failed completely to answer a perfectly frank and open-ended question. Exactly what have I said or done to offend? If I have been in any way offensive perhaps you would care to explain what that offence is? And the dangerous ground?
Do you not think that some of the posts on here are far worse than anything I place on it? I myself have been called variously ignorant, a clown, stupid and other things that I most definitely am not. Do I take offence? Absolutely not! Why? Because it is just a forum for debate and people will disagree on all manner of things but it shouldn't come down to "name-calling". As for broadening my mind, I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who is more broad minded than I (read my posts and judge).
If I have offended you in any way that appears to be personal then it is totally unintended but if you are suggesting that I read everyone's personal info to avoid saying anything that offends because of personal circumstances, I'm sorry but that is never going to happen.
Incidentally, I'm virtually blind in one eye, but will I take offence at people commenting on disability (which I have never seen myself as - no pun intended)? No, I will not!
I still await an answer to the "dangerous ground" statement.

Using the fact that you say you work and intimating that others don't

jaysay 11-09-2012 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014839)
You don't know what your talking about? Again - :rolleyes: Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.:cool:

So if somebody had given you a free glass of cyanide you'd have tried that two, just because it was free;)

Houseboy 11-09-2012 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014845)
Using the fact that you say you work and intimating that others don't

As I said Jay, I make no attempt to offend anyone by that statement, nor would I. I was simply emphasising that, after being criticised for not reading all the posts on a thread that may run to over a hundred pages, I haven't the time to look at them all, as I have openly stated. It seems that you and I will never agree on many things but please let us agree on this: I will never, ever be knowingly offensive to anyone on this site (or even in life in general). If ever I criticise anyone on a post it will be down to the argument on the thread and my opinions on statements and answers given. I will never hold back but I will not be personally offensive and neither will I take any offence.
Hope that's cleared that one up?

jaysay 11-09-2012 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014851)
As I said Jay, I make no attempt to offend anyone by that statement, nor would I. I was simply emphasising that, after being criticised for not reading all the posts on a thread that may run to over a hundred pages, I haven't the time to look at them all, as I have openly stated. It seems that you and I will never agree on many things but please let us agree on this: I will never, ever be knowingly offensive to anyone on this site (or even in life in general). If ever I criticise anyone on a post it will be down to the argument on the thread and my opinions on statements and answers given. I will never hold back but I will not be personally offensive and neither will I take any offence.
Hope that's cleared that one up?

Like the fairy said Fair enough:rolleyes:

Houseboy 11-09-2012 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014853)
Like the fairy said Fair enough:rolleyes:

Cheers! By the way, I remember the fairy called Nuff.

garinda 11-09-2012 16:55

Quote:

No, but you took heroin on more than one occasion, as you posted that fact on here.

Did you have to take that two or three times, before thankfully deciding 'you didn't like' that particular illegal drug?

Would you similarly take Bubble, the latest drug of choice, seeing as it costs less than a pint, if someone gave you some for free?

Some of the many party goers in Blackpool, who were shown on last night's '999 What's your emergency?', were in pitiful states.

I suppose that's what happens, when in order to have a good time you need to take a plant fertiliser.

Full of lovely sh-it, and weed resistant.

As you've already wee'd your pants.

Great night out.

:daisy:

Though I'm afraid it's a 'No' from me.

Thanks.

churchfcrules 11-09-2012 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014930)
No, but you took heroin on more than one occasion, as you posted that fact on here.

Did you have to take that two or three times, before thankfully deciding 'you didn't like' that particular illegal drug?

Would you similarly take Bubble, the latest drug of choice, seeing as it costs less than a pint, if someone gave you some for free?

Some of the many party goers in Blackpool, who were shown on last night's '999 What's your emergency?', were in pitiful states.

I suppose that's what happens, when in order to have a good time you need to take a plant fertiliser.

Full of lovely sh-it, and weed resistant.

As you've already wee'd your pants.

Great night out.

:daisy:

Though I'm afraid it's a 'No' from me.

Thanks.

pedantic point alert:

i thought bubble wasn't actually a plant fertiliser, but that it is sold under the pretence, that is not for human consumption, which then negates various laws

a lot of these "legal highs" are more harmful than some "illegal highs"

but thats a whole different argument for a whole different thread, s'pose.

garinda 11-09-2012 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1014842)
I wonder if you've encountered users in your trade (what ever that is/was?) then did you also tell them they were naughty, stupid people and would get hurt by their drug use!?

What, like the fourteen year olds I was trying to help minimise at least one risk, by encouraging them to use condoms, the next time a disgusting old pig was taking advantage of their addiction, by paying them ten or twenty quid to shag them, so they could score their next hit?

Er...yes.

You can bet your sweet bippy I did.

garinda 11-09-2012 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014934)
pedantic point alert:

i thought bubble wasn't actually a plant fertiliser, but that it is sold under the pretence, that is not for human consumption, which then negates various laws

a lot of these "legal highs" are more harmful than some "illegal highs"

but thats a whole different argument for a whole different thread, s'pose.

Ok, it's not a plant fertilizer, and not technically illegal...at the moment.

If we all chip in, and fork out a whole two quid, and give it you for free, would you take it?

After all, you don't know if you will, or won't like it, until you'v tried it...and it won't cost you a penny.

Nothing to lose.

garinda 11-09-2012 17:16

Now that's what I call a great party.

MEPHEDRONE - YouTube

Where do you want it delivered?

jaysay 11-09-2012 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1014883)
Cheers! By the way, I remember the fairy called Nuff.

Ya known him all mi life:D

garinda 11-09-2012 17:24

Quote:

You don't know what your talking about?

Yes, actually I do.

I do seriously wonder about your thinking.

As I pointed out yesterday, you do know that because there's so little public support for recreational drugs being made legal, that you will NEVER win your argument here on Accy Web, don't you?

churchfcrules 11-09-2012 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014939)
Ok, it's not a plant fertilizer, and not technically illegal...at the moment.

If we all chip in, and fork out a whole two quid, and give it you for free, would you take it?

After all, you don't know if you will, or won't like it, until you'v tried it...and it won't cost you a penny.

Nothing to lose.

glad to see you can take so lightly, offering to purchase and supply a "plant fertiliser" to fellow human being!

i believe "bubble", is actually illegal, class b drug

there are however many "legal highs" still available for sale, however, never been into cheap copies, so think i shall give it a miss, thanks

or was that just a cheap dig at kestrels, at my expense?

Restless 11-09-2012 17:38

Bubble was made illegal earlier this year? or last year? Its dangerous stuff. Im glad they made it illegal.

annesingleton 11-09-2012 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1014955)
Bubble was made illegal earlier this year? or last year? Its dangerous stuff. Im glad they made it illegal.

Yes, bubble is now illegal, has been for some time. It's not as popular as it was a couple of years ago.

garinda 11-09-2012 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014948)
glad to see you can take so lightly, offering to purchase and supply a "plant fertiliser" to fellow human being!

Hey, chill dude.

Ain't ya heard drugs is fun?

Peeps have told us on here.

Gospel.

Bang on, bouncy, bouncy, good times

Live a little.

Party on.

garinda 11-09-2012 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014948)
or was that just a cheap dig at kestrels, at my expense?

Dopes are like buses.

You wait ages for one...then two come along at once.

churchfcrules 11-09-2012 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014967)
Dopes are like buses.

You wait ages for one...then two come along at once.

back to that old, cant make a valid point, so just resort to dull nonsense, well crack on dreary!
leave you to it! just cannot be bothered!

garinda 11-09-2012 17:59

The thankfully few on here, keen to promote their pro-legalise recreational drugs agenda, also seem the ones who get the most stressed, and are highly strung.

Why's that?

garinda 11-09-2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014971)
just cannot be bothered!

Great.

We now have that in writing, and we trust you not to go back on your word.

Just say 'No'.

If you're ever tempted again.

Restless 11-09-2012 18:06

Just out of curiosity where did you get that from. That it isn't that popular? It is certainly good to know. I read a few times of kids that had died from taking it.

Legal Highs that are chemical based are a real problem. They need to be stamped out. Then that begs the question of the validity of learning towards the side of the legalising of illegal drugs. I agree with what Eric says about it. But seeing the damage they do it just seems so stupid. Its a no-win either way

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1014956)
Yes, bubble is now illegal, has been for some time. It's not as popular as it was a couple of years ago.

garinda 11-09-2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1014956)
It's not as popular as it was a couple of years ago.

Depends where you go.

It is round here, if you haven't much money, and fancy a night out.

churchfcrules 11-09-2012 18:21

The thankfully few on here, keen to promote reading peoples post before commenting, but very seldom take any notice of what other people say, or they just make up anything they want, then misquote people.

Why's that?

garinda 11-09-2012 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014983)
Blah, blah, blah

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014971)
leave you to it! just cannot be bothered!

Oh dear.

Another pro-dope falls by the wayside.

Don't know your own mind?

Lacking in confidence, to do as you say?

Poor self-discipline?

Not got the balls, or the common sense?

Addictedd?

Addicted to public humiliation, and the shame??

:mad:

There is help out there.

Never give up hope that one day you CAN change your life.

Good luck.

garinda 11-09-2012 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014983)
The thankfully few on here, keen to promote reading peoples post before commenting, but very seldom take any notice of what other people say

Oh I read it all.

;)

Luckily I have an in-built sewerage system, which allows me to concentrate on only the biggest crap, that some people produce...for us all to wade through.

churchfcrules 11-09-2012 18:45

what a weak way, of trying to score points
make up LIES about someone, then "bait" the person into responding, so if they respond they can be accused of being a hypocrite, and if they dont the lies get to stand.

cheap, if anyone has read my Pro legalise drugs comments on here, could you let me know please, because i think someone may have been posting in my name.

i havent voted on the poll, and i havent posted condoning drug taking, or its legalisation

the only comment i did make was, the volstead act didnt do america much good, and prohibition didnt seem to work for them.

however there are some that feel they can make assumptions and cast aspersion quite freely, no matter what the facts are, because they believe they are amusing

jaysay 11-09-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014988)
Oh I read it all.

;)

Luckily I have an in-built sewerage system, which allows me to concentrate on only the biggest crap, that some people produce...for us all to wade through.

So what your saying is your a speed crap reader:D

jaysay 11-09-2012 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014991)
So what your saying is your a speed crap reader:D

Or is that a crap speed reader :confused::rolleyes::D

garinda 11-09-2012 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1014990)
what a weak way, of trying to score points
make up LIES about someone, then "bait" the person into responding, so if they respond they can be accused of being a hypocrite, and if they dont the lies get to stand.

cheap, if anyone has read my Pro legalise drugs comments on here, could you let me know please, because i think someone may have been posting in my name.

i havent voted on the poll, and i havent posted condoning drug taking, or its legalisation

the only comment i did make was, the volstead act didnt do america much good, and prohibition didnt seem to work for them.

however there are some that feel they can make assumptions and cast aspersion quite freely, no matter what the facts are, because they believe they are amusing

Who's talking about you?

Let me at 'em!

I've always tried to defend the underdog.

As well as the humourless, contradictory, and/or paranoid.

Tell Rindy all about it.

There's a good chap.

:gooddog:

This is quite obviously getting you all worked up, and very excited, but please don't try to give me your bone, thanks all the same.

Good boy.

kestrelx 11-09-2012 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014846)
So if somebody had given you a free glass of cyanide you'd have tried that two, just because it was free;)

Don't be silly! Cyanide would kill you dead after a lot of agony!

susie123 11-09-2012 21:19

Quote:

I'd agree with you about Amyl makes you feel like your gonna have a heart attack. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014635)

Quote:

Quote:

Again - :rolleyes: Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1014846)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015008)

Ha!! An interesting point which most people will not be aware of is that amyl nitrite is one of the components of an antidote for cyanide poisoning thanks to its stimulating effect on the heart.

Years ago in another life I used to work with hydrogen cyanide and there was always someone standing by ready to administer this in case of an emergency.

And if I may be allowed to wear my pedant's hat for a little longer the compound is called amyl nitrite not nitrate.

Restless 11-09-2012 22:11

One time back in "those days" a friend said to me "have a smell of my medicine" turned out to be that stuff. Never knew what it was. That crap is horrible. Had a headache for a quite a while. Can't see why anybody would want to use it

kestrelx 11-09-2012 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014947)
Yes, actually I do.

I do seriously wonder about your thinking.

As I pointed out yesterday, you do know that because there's so little public support for recreational drugs being made legal, that you will NEVER win your argument here on Accy Web, don't you?

The fact is that Bubble is a new name for the drug called Mephedrone, mixed with other unknown substances to get more quantity and more money. Since it was banned - the price has gone up and the quality of what passes as Mephedrone now called Bubble is even worse than it was before ( that said the hysteria in the press before Mepehdrone was banned caused people to think that people were dying from Mephedrone when it wasn't the Mephedrone that actually killed them, it was something else - a mixture of other drugs and booze) it was made illegal and now in fact more people are taking this drug - Bubble.

So fact is banning it has made the situation worse long term, as kids on Blackburn estates are still going to want a cheap high, and criminals are prepared to mix up even more rubbish and sell it as this Bubble to make more money. No one actually knows what Bubble really is?

Mephedrone ban causes young adults to turn to cheap 'bubble' drug | Mail Online

kestrelx 11-09-2012 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015036)
One time back in "those days" a friend said to me "have a smell of my medicine" turned out to be that stuff. Never knew what it was. That crap is horrible. Had a headache for a quite a while. Can't see why anybody would want to use it

Are you talking about Amyl? I agree with you totally it's rubbish and made my heart go so fast I thought it was gonna fail. Apparently it was very big with the gay scene back in the 80's and 90's!

Alan Varrechia 11-09-2012 22:45

I think boyh nitrite and nitrate

are commenally called poppers.

Don't think either are good if you have a heart problem.

Maybe others on here who know/think they know better than anyone else.

would like to comment.

They can be bought freely.

Quite good for shirt lifters by all accounts.

I wouldn't know.

Perhaps some on here may.

Maybe some use them so the Bullshine comes through better.

Who knows.

Just saying.

I wait with baited breath.

susie123 11-09-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015043)
So fact is banning it has made the situation worse long term, as kids on Blackburn estates are still going to want a cheap high, and criminals are prepared to mix up even more rubbish and sell it as this Bubble to make more money. No one actually knows what Bubble really is?

On the programme about Shad estate tonight the kids were talking about getting a cheap high with Bubble.

Restless 11-09-2012 22:57

Yeah. I was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015044)
Are you talking about Amyl?

They were calling Mephedrone 'Bubble' Long before it was made illegal. I think the 'Bubble' name is a local thing? on the legal highs program one lad named it something else.

I have a friend. He is on sickness benefits for depression, anxiety and alcoholism. I have known him since I was 3 years old. It hurts to have to tell him that I have finally had enough of him. He stole £40 from his mother. Must be on drugs again-- I don't want to know anybody that steals from their own family.

Damn. watching that Shadsworth program really depressed me.

susie123 11-09-2012 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 1015045)

Amyl nitrate is not a recreational drug. It is a reagent used in organic synthesis and an additive in diesel fuel.

Poppers are various organic nitrites including amyl nitrite. As I said in an earlier post it is also used against cyanide poisoning and is commonly kept available in chemical laboratories in case of this and other emergencies. It is also used to treat heart diseases such as angina as it dilates the coronary arteries, thus improving blood flow to the heart muscle.

kestrelx 11-09-2012 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015047)
Yeah. I was.

They were calling Mephedrone 'Bubble' Long before it was made illegal. I think the 'Bubble' name is a local thing? on the legal highs program one lad named it something else.

I have a friend. He is on sickness benefits for depression, anxiety and alcoholism. I have known him since I was 3 years old. It hurts to have to tell him that I have finally had enough of him. He stole £40 from his mother. Must be on drugs again-- I don't want to know anybody that steals from their own family.

Damn. watching that Shadsworth program really depressed me.

OK so they were calling it Bubble - but isn't the stuff called Bubble now not pure Mephedrone?

I know that since Mephedrone was banned, the quality has gone right down and the price gone right up - and more people are taking it. That is according to official sources.

Thing with taking drugs to cope with problems - the problem is still there when the drugs have worn off and you still have to face it and pay for the drugs. So it's just a downward spiral.

Sounds like your mate is on that spiral.

The program didn't get me down, but it's sad for these kids with no future and hardly any prospects.

kestrelx 11-09-2012 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1015049)
Amyl nitrate is not a recreational drug. It is a reagent used in organic synthesis and an additive in diesel fuel.

Poppers are various organic nitrites including amyl nitrite. As I said in an earlier post it is also used against cyanide poisoning and is commonly kept available in chemical laboratories in case of this and other emergencies. It is also used to treat heart diseases such as angina as it dilates the coronary arteries, thus improving blood flow to the heart muscle.

Good information Sue. But what effect does Amyl have on the arteries for someone repeatedly taking it for fun?

garinda 11-09-2012 23:43

Quote:

Maybe others on here who know/think they know better than anyone else.

would like to comment.

They can be bought freely.

I wouldn't know.

Perhaps some on here may.

Maybe some use them so the Bullshine comes through better.

Who knows.

Just saying.

I wait with baited breath.

Never having had anal sex, with man, woman, or tethered Oswaldtwistle beast, I can't really comment, on poppers as a muscle relaxant.

Personally I always presumed that nasty stuff was something Catholics did, so as not to have babies, whilst staying in their God's good books.

All I can add, was that the last time I saw poppers being openly used was by a 'well respected member of the community', relative of a forum member, and friend of a well known politican, who was sat sniffing them in a local pub, with his wife and adult child, and they were all wearing woolies, which weren't being lifted, and not shirts.

Though I do know this person is a long time dope smoker.

Like way back.

Unconnected?

Who knows.

garinda 11-09-2012 23:47

I was actually in the boozer with forum member Accyman at the time, who'll confirm this to be true.

It was definitely woolies they were wearing, un-lifted, not shirts.

garinda 11-09-2012 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015050)
OK so they were calling it Bubble - but isn't the stuff called Bubble now not pure Mephedrone?

I know that since Mephedrone was banned, the quality has gone right down and the price gone right up - and more people are taking it. That is according to official sources.

Thing with taking drugs to cope with problems - the problem is still there when the drugs have worn off and you still have to face it and pay for the drugs. So it's just a downward spiral.

Sounds like your mate is on that spiral.

The program didn't get me down, but it's sad for these kids with no future and hardly any prospects.

Before it really became the current party drug of choice if you can't run to Charlie, this crap was mainly called meow meow.

garinda 12-09-2012 05:31

Quote:

The fact is that Bubble is a new name for the drug called Mephedrone, mixed with other unknown substances to get more quantity and more money. Since it was banned - the price has gone up and the quality of what passes as Mephedrone now called Bubble is even worse than it was before ( that said the hysteria in the press before Mepehdrone was banned caused people to think that people were dying from Mephedrone when it wasn't the Mephedrone that actually killed them, it was something else - a mixture of other drugs and booze) it was made illegal and now in fact more people are taking this drug - Bubble.

We're told this very popular recreational drug was classified as illegal in the UK 2010.

Would you really like the law overturned, so kids can get their hands on it legally?

garinda 12-09-2012 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015064)
We're told this very popular recreational drug was classified as illegal in the UK 2010.

Would you really like the law overturned, so kids can get their hands on it legally?

As stated earlier, this forum really isn't the place where you're EVER going to win that argument here.

Restless 12-09-2012 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015050)
I know that since Mephedrone was banned, the quality has gone right down and the price gone right up

Thats going to be the case with any powdered drugs. Mixing it with other stuff to make it go further/make more money. Then it becomes even worse and more of a risk to take it. There seems to be little to no awareness of the dangers of this stuff.

garinda 12-09-2012 06:22

Quote:

Never really understood that term.

What sort of shirts get lifted?

Like matching T-shirts, worn by close chums?

:D

garinda 12-09-2012 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015066)
Then it becomes even worse

...and if this drug was made legal once more, and there was some sort of quality control for this popular recreational drug, that would make it somehow better?

garinda 12-09-2012 06:34

Forget about poppers being a supposed muscle relaxant, I think some would have more luck with Rohypnol.

;):D

garinda 12-09-2012 06:44

I think I'm beginning to understand what the term 'shirt lifter' is now.

Is this it happening, mid lift?

:eek:

Personally I don't think it looks very nice, and am quite sure it's not for me.

Besides, I think they'd struggle with the mother of pearl buttons on my bespoke shirts.

;):D

Less 12-09-2012 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1015049)

Of course it's not, nor will it ever be if your going to cut it with diesel, have you seen the price of that stuff?
:eek:

jaysay 12-09-2012 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015008)

Hell your quick on, mind you so will illegal substances, it just takes a little longer:rolleyes:

jaysay 12-09-2012 09:03

Quote:

I see you have a very good knowledge about these substances how they affect people what they cost and where they're available, must be in the bubble:rolleyes:

Houseboy 12-09-2012 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1014955)

Do we then make everything dangerous illegal?
Let's see:
drugs
smoking
alchohol
bad driving
bungee jumping
boxing (most contact sports)
crossing the road
mountain climbing
pot holing
The list goes on forever.
It is a lifestyle choice and as long as people know the risks it should be down to them. Making lifestyle choices illegal is like censorship, you can always make up your own mind without someone having to make it up for you.

Less 12-09-2012 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015098)
Let's see:
drugs
smoking
alchohol
bad driving
bungee jumping
crossing the road
mountain climbing
pot holing
It is a lifestyle choice and as long as people know the risks it should be down to them. Making lifestyle choices illegal is like censorship, you can always make up your own mind without someone having to make it up for you.

Someone else has made a similar post before, a very valid point the first time around now we are just going around in circles, why?

garinda 12-09-2012 09:49

Quote:

Let's see:
drugs
smoking
alchohol
bad driving
bungee jumping
crossing the road
mountain climbing
pot holing

You forgot -

Rape.
Murder.
Kiddy fiddlin'.

As long as people know the risks, all should be a legal lifestyle choice.

To suggest otherwise is an outrageous attack on decent peoples' civil liberties.

jaysay 12-09-2012 10:13

Quote:

Let's see:
drugs
smoking
alcohol
bad driving
bungee jumping
crossing the road
mountain climbing
pot holing

Hell wouldn't want to live in your world, the only problem there is lifestyle choice usually ends up costing society dear already god knows what it would be like in your world, maybe you'd be better of emigrating to the outer Mongolia;)

garinda 12-09-2012 10:22

Quote:

Let's see:

bad driving

I'm sure there'll be at least one person who agrees with you, Mohammed Ibrahim, if no one else does.

East Lancashire dad continues battle to deport death driver (From Lancashire Telegraph)

He has rights, and should be free to carry on with his lifestyle choices, unhindered by any silly laws.

Houseboy 12-09-2012 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015106)
You forgot -

Rape.
Murder.
Kiddy fiddlin'.

To suggest otherwise is an outrageous attack on decent peoples' civil liberties.

Not an argument, Garinda. Yours is a list of crimes against others, mine was a list of things that people do which are of no danger to anyone other than themselves, unless you subscribe to the argument that all drug users (for instance) are a danger to others, which of course the vast majority are not.

Houseboy 12-09-2012 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1015112)
Hell wouldn't want to live in your world, the only problem there is lifestyle choice usually ends up costing society dear already god knows what it would be like in your world, maybe you'd be better of emigrating to the outer Mongolia;)

Drug use is, or at least can be, dangerous, I've never said otherwise, but so are all the other things in the list I posted. Would you ban alcohol as well, or is that okay because it has become socially acceptable over the years. Alcohol has been guilty of bringing about far more misery over the years than drugs (violence, anti social behaviour and even family poverty and other problems). I don't smoke and never have but I don't go clambering for it to be banned, even before the ban in public places stopped it being rammed down my throat. We cannot go banning things just because we don't personally like them, we just stay away from them (a bit like turning the tv over if you don't like the programme).

kestrelx 12-09-2012 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015130)
Drug use is, or at least can be, dangerous, I've never said otherwise, but so are all the other things in the list I posted. Would you ban alcohol as well, or is that okay because it has become socially acceptable over the years. Alcohol has been guilty of bringing about far more misery over the years than drugs (violence, anti social behaviour and even family poverty and other problems). I don't smoke and never have but I don't go clambering for it to be banned, even before the ban in public places stopped it being rammed down my throat. We cannot go banning things just because we don't personally like them, we just stay away from them (a bit like turning the tv over if you don't like the programme).

A couple of very good points there Houseboy - I've made similar points on the daddy of this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html

Using drugs itself is a personal choice. As you say, there is no similarity at all to child abuse, murder or rape which are all violations of others rights ( the point made by Garinda).

kestrelx 12-09-2012 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015106)
You forgot -

Rape.
Murder.
Kiddy fiddlin'.

There is no similarity to taking drugs and the 3 crimes you mention. These are abusing peoples lives and taking away their rights.

mobertol 12-09-2012 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015135)
A couple of very good points there Houseboy - I've made similar points on the daddy of this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html

Using drugs itself is a personal choice. As you say, there is no similarity at all to child abuse, murder or rape which are all violations of others rights ( the point made by Garinda).

How do you know that somewhere down the production -supply chain some child or adult was not abused or raped, mistreated or murdered because of the money involved in this illegal trade? How can you ignore how much misery there is because of this whole business in the poor countries where they are produced, where many people have no choice but to be forced into slave labour or transporting these drugs just so that they can be available for people in the West to have a full range of "lifestyle choices".

What I really find sad is that so many people seem to need to smash their senses and their brains, ending up wrecked and having no good sensations at the end of the day. It is always the simpler things in life that bring the greatest sensory pleasures -don't forget that. Decent food and company, a walk in the countryside, time spent with people you love...