Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Less 12-09-2012 13:37

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Decent food and company = Making Marijuana cakes together.
a walk in the countryside = picking magic mushrooms.
time spent with people you love... = wow I really love you man but, don't Bogart that Joint.
:cool:

Houseboy 12-09-2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015139)
How do you know that somewhere down the production -supply chain some child or adult was not abused or raped, mistreated or murdered because of the money involved in this illegal trade? How can you ignore how much misery there is because of this whole business in the poor countries where they are produced, where many people have no choice but to be forced into slave labour or transporting these drugs just so that they can be available for people in the West to have a full range of "lifestyle choices".

200 people died yesterday in Pakistan, working in a sweat shop producing clothes that were almost certainly bound for the West. There were no fire exits and the windows, apparently, were barred. I don't suppose anyone will be wanting to ban cheap clothes though.

garinda 12-09-2012 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015127)
mine was a list of things that people do which are of no danger to anyone other than themselves

Er...no, it wasn't, unless you've forgotten already.

It quite clearly states on your list 'bad driving'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015098)
Do we then make everything dangerous illegal?

Let's see:

bad driving

Somewhat disturbingly, even more so than your appalling memory, you also posted that the your list of 'lifestyle' choices 'goes on forever', of things you'd prefer were legal to do, so as not to impede anyone's free choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015127)
The list goes on forever.
It is a lifestyle choice and as long as people know the risks it should be down to them. Making lifestyle choices illegal is like censorship, you can always make up your own mind without someone having to make it up for you.

Houseboy 12-09-2012 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015149)
Er...no, it wasn't, unless you've forgotten already.

It quite clearly states on your list 'bad driving'.

Somewhat disturbingly, even more so than your appalling memory, you also posted that the your list of 'lifestyle' choices 'goes on forever', of things you'd prefer were legal to do, so as not to impede anyone's free choice.

Bad driving, not dangerous driving. Most people are bad drivers, just that some are worse than others. Is that the only thing you could come up with? Twice? You really are slipping behind aren't you?

garinda 12-09-2012 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015138)
There is no similarity to taking drugs and the 3 crimes you mention. These are abusing peoples lives and taking away their rights.

Would you believe I actually agree?

Which is why I used them to illustrate the stupidty of a list of supposed victimless 'lifestyle choices' which included bad driving.

My there's no pulling the wool over your eyes, is there?

Sharp as a pin.

:rolleyes:

(Considers starting yet one more recreational drugs poll in light of recently published findings, asking at what age the thankfully small minority first started smoking cannabis, so we can best judge for ourselves if there's any evidence on the forum that early use causes the most long term damage to a person's intelligence.)

mobertol 12-09-2012 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015148)
200 people died yesterday in Pakistan, working in a sweat shop producing clothes that were almost certainly bound for the West. There were no fire exits and the windows, apparently, were barred. I don't suppose anyone will be wanting to ban cheap clothes though.

Actually you'd be surprised -there have been a great number of campaigns trying to stop child labour, especially -spear-headed by companies like Benetton in Italy and Nike among others...

Personally I don't buy "cheap" clothing -I was brought up to save and buy the best quality I could afford (my mother's philosophy handed down to her by hers) -I also try to buy home-grown or at least EU products.

In any case it does not justify the treatment many suffer at the hands of those involved in the drugs trade -from producer to consumer...you just have to look at certain areas of Mexico/Colombia for example to get an idea.

garinda 12-09-2012 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015150)
Bad driving, not dangerous driving. Most people are bad drivers, just that some are worse than others. Is that the only thing you could come up with? Twice? You really are slipping behind aren't you?

You really aren't worth the bother, when all you can come up with is utter gibberish.

'Bad driving' should be a perfectly legal thing to do, because it's a 'lifestyle choice'?

Dangerous driving should remain illegal.

Er...all 'bad driving' is potentially dangerous.

Ask the parent of any dead kid, who lost their beloved child because of some idiot's bad driving.

You really are one sorry soul.

Almost amusing, it it wasn't so pitiful.

Less 12-09-2012 14:06

I may be a bad driver, I don't know, if I am, was it a lifestyle choice?
No it wasn't.

Houseboy 12-09-2012 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015154)
Actually you'd be surprised -there have been a great number of campaigns trying to stop child labour, especially -spear-headed by companies like Benetton in Italy and Nike among others...

Personally I don't buy "cheap" clothing -I was brought up to save and buy the best quality I could afford (my mother's philosophy handed down to her by hers) -I also try to buy home-grown or at least EU products.

In any case it does not justify the treatment many suffer at the hands of those involved in the drugs trade -from producer to consumer...you just have to look at certain areas of Mexico/Colombia for example to get an idea.

Point taken. However even if most people don't buy cheap clothes a lot rely on them to be able to clothe themselves and their children. It may only be a minority who buy them but it is only a minority of people who use drugs also.
It would be interesting to see (although I doubt we could ever get the figures given the nature of the beast) which industry "employed" more, drugs or sweatshops.

garinda 12-09-2012 14:06

Quote:

No work today?

Thought you were busy, busy, busy in the daytimes, to waste your valuable time on here?

Your employer given you time off, to share your great wisdom with your friends on Accy Web?

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

garinda 12-09-2012 14:09

Quote:

Exactly.

Perhaps some don't see very much of reality, because of the hazy fog they must sadly live in.

:rolleyes:

mobertol 12-09-2012 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015162)
Point taken. However even if most people don't buy cheap clothes a lot rely on them to be able to clothe themselves and their children. It may only be a minority who buy them but it is only a minority of people who use drugs also.
It would be interesting to see (although I doubt we could ever get the figures given the nature of the beast) which industry "employed" more, drugs or sweatshops.

I think the problem is that a lot of people do buy cheap clothes and cheap everything in the consumer-mad world, somehow thinking they have more -but you get what you pay for and tat is tat. 5 cheap and nasty synthetic shirts for the price of one decently made cotton one which will last years if washed properly -I know which I'd choose.

Drugs are also tat -buy yourself a decent bottle of wine and taste it -you don't need to get drunk to appreciate alcohol. A nice bar of proper chocolate is a joy for the senses, as is a bowl of fresh home-made soup...it's down to choice of lifestyle, but here I mean real choice.

garinda 12-09-2012 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015161)
I may be a bad driver, I don't know, if I am, was it a lifestyle choice?
No it wasn't.

It's my lifestyle choice just to be bad, period.

Thankfully the law allows me to carry on, along my chosen path.

:mosher:

Houseboy 12-09-2012 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015156)

Dangerous driving should remain illegal.

Do you actually read anything before putting your foot in it. Of course dangerous driving should be illegal. Where have I said otherwise? I said most people are bad drivers (not necessarily dangerous). Next time you comment on a post of mine try doing so without copying and pasting things out of context.
You must really love my posts. If you thought they were "gibberish" I would have thought that (like me) you wouldn't bother with them.

Houseboy 12-09-2012 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015163)
No work today?

Thought you were busy, busy, busy in the daytimes, to waste your valuable time on here?

Your employer given you time off, to share your great wisdom with your friends on Accy Web?

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

I am my own employer.
Why do you post a quote and then not take the time to respond? just a thought.

garinda 12-09-2012 14:19

I'll just take a moment to show another act of kindness, because I know for some it can take a while for things to register.

Give, give, give.

The argument that recreational drugs should be legalised will NEVER be won on Accy Web.

This is the wrong forum, if you think think otherwise.

;)

Houseboy 12-09-2012 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015166)
I think the problem is that a lot of people do buy cheap clothes and cheap everything in the consumer-mad world, somehow thinking they have more -but you get what you pay for and tat is tat. 5 cheap and nasty synthetic shirts for the price of one decently made cotton one which will last years if washed properly -I know which I'd choose.

Drugs are also tat -buy yourself a decent bottle of wine and taste it -you don't need to get drunk to appreciate alcohol. A nice bar of proper chocolate is a joy for the senses, as is a bowl of fresh home-made soup...it's down to choice of lifestyle, but here I mean real choice.

Can't argue with a lot of that. Especially the bit about good wine (I must admit to getting drunk off it as well though).

Margaret Pilkington 12-09-2012 14:22

Quote:

I think that some people do not have the luxury of the choice of expensive clothes....and have to buy whatever their budget will allow.

School clothes - uniform for instance, can be very expensive and even when you pay the top price the quality still isn't so crash hot.
Also children grow so quickly. My daughter bought her little girl some school skirts just as the school holidays began,thinking she would save time and effort during what was to be a busy time for her........only to find the skirts are too short, because her daughter has had a growth spurt - must be the sun and sea air.

I don't know about Italy, but it is difficult to buy clothes that are made in the EU...everything seems to come from China.
I bought myself a pair of M&S sandals - not cheap - found they had been made in Vietnam.

kestrelx 12-09-2012 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015146)
Decent food and company = Making Marijuana cakes together.
a walk in the countryside = picking magic mushrooms.
time spent with people you love... = wow I really love you man but, don't Bogart that Joint.
:cool:

Your obviously well versed with the drug world Less - obviously an ex-user.:):D:D

Houseboy 12-09-2012 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015170)
I'll just take a moment to show another act of kindness, because I know for some it can take a while for things to register.

Give, give, give.

The argument that recreational drugs should be legalised will NEVER be won on Accy Web.

This is the wrong forum, if you think think otherwise.

;)

Is that because you say so? If it's the wrong forum why did you ask the question in the first place? I find it strange that someone would start a thread on a forum that was completely wrong for the topic. What a bizarre person you seem to be.

Less 12-09-2012 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015174)
Your obviously well versed with the drug world Less - obviously an ex-user.:):D:D

Perhaps Not?

I know about childbirth, but I've never had the first hand experience of giving birth.
:D

garinda 12-09-2012 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015169)
I am my own employer.
Why do you post a quote and then not take the time to respond? just a thought.

Have you forgotten again?

I told you, luckily I have an inbuilt sewerage system, which allows me to sort through all the crap you produce, and deal with your biggest, most offensive filth, more effectively.

:)

mobertol 12-09-2012 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1015173)
I think that some people do not have the luxury of the choice of expensive clothes....and have to buy whatever their budget will allow.

School clothes - uniform for instance, can be very expensive and even when you pay the top price the quality still isn't so crash hot.
Also children grow so quickly. My daughter bought her little girl some school skirts just as the school holidays began,thinking she would save time and effort during what was to be a busy time for her........only to find the skirts are too short, because her daughter has had a growth spurt - must be the sun and sea air.

I don't know about Italy, but it is difficult to buy clothes that are made in the EU...everything seems to come from China.
I bought myself a pair of M&S sandals - not cheap - found they had been made in Vietnam.

People's expectations have changed undoubtedly -I remember mum sponging my school clothes down from one day to the next if I marked them, my god-daughter would be horrified at the idea and changes for school every day! I had one change of uniform -mum knit the cardigans herself and made a lot of my & my sisters clothes by hand and she worked full-time as a teacher.

Many people now spend less on the basics to have more of life's luxuries -mentalities have shifted. Back to my mum -who was neither a Saint or a Martyr -she cooked a full meal for the family every evening. These days so many spend a fortune on ready made meals and take-aways because they don't have time...Time is what you make of it, as a rule families are better off now than they were in the 70's -the priorities have changed-in many cases not for the better -but them I'm an old fuddy-duddy and walk round with rose-tinted specs most of the time:D:rolleyes::D

garinda 12-09-2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015178)
Perhaps Not?

I know about childbirth, but I've never had the first hand experience of giving birth.

I was once saw a salad.

Although I'm not actually a rabbit.

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/paq...pins/lapin.gif

Houseboy 12-09-2012 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015180)
Have you forgotten again?

I told you, luckily I have an inbuilt sewerage system, which allows me to sort through all the crap you produce, and deal with your biggest, most offensive filth, more effectively.

But your post was out of context wasn't it? You quoted a post of mine then simply questioned my employment status and couldn't even attempt to respond to the actual post. That shows a distinct lack of cohesion. I don't mind the insults (as I'm sure you don't - if I made any) but please try to at least stay to the point old chap.

mobertol 12-09-2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015178)
Perhaps Not?

I use a computer and haven't got a clue how they work!:D

Maybe we could swap our experiences!:rolleyes:

garinda 12-09-2012 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015186)

I know about the Battle of Hastings, though I wasn't actually there.

I was ill when it took place, and wasn't able to travel.

garinda 12-09-2012 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015185)
But your post was out of context wasn't it? You quoted a post of mine then simply questioned my employment status and couldn't even attempt to respond to the actual post. That shows a distinct lack of cohesion. I don't mind the insults (as I'm sure you don't - if I made any) but please try to at least stay to the point old chap.

No.

Checked.

Just a whole load of runny stuff there.

Nothing of substance.

No big lumps, needing atention.

churchfcrules 12-09-2012 14:55

One of the problems with trying to have a debate with someone, who can't remember what they said to whom, it's good that all us mere mortals just blend into one in your mind, that way you class anyone who doesn't agree with you as the same person, makes it easier to justify your own point of view, well only one person disagreed eh!

It was me you mentioned te sewage system too

Less 12-09-2012 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015186)

You've got to be joking, I was once trapped in the house while my ex and four of her friends insisted on out-doing each other for over 6 hours re-counting their individual experiences in that, each one giving a more detailed and gory account than the last whenever one them described the excruciating pain and discomfort she had been through, a pause would come to the conversation as all five turned and glared that, you swine, you don't know what you put me through look, it was a most distressing experience and most confusing for me, because to my knowledge, I had only fathered the children of one of them!
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...ilies/nono.gif

garinda 12-09-2012 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1015193)
One of the problems with trying to have a debate with someone, who can't remember what they said to whom, it's good that all us mere mortals just blend into one in your mind, that way you class anyone who doesn't agree with you as the same person, makes it easier to justify your own point of view, well only one person disagreed eh!

I now look at your posts and just see a pretty two-dimensional pattern, composed of a whole host of typed letters.

I look, but it makes no sense.

I've even tried staring at one letter in the centre of the jumbled mess, in the hope a magical image of Mickey Mouse will suddenly appear, but no, nothing.

In case anyone might be tempted, who can actually read what's been posted, I'll repeat myself again.

Give, give, give.

The argument, as our poll so clearly illustrates, that recreational drugs should be made legal, will never, ever be won on this forum.

Accy Web isn't the place where you have a hope in Hell of this ever happening.

;)

mobertol 12-09-2012 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015189)
I know about the Battle of Hastings, though I wasn't actually there.

I was ill when it took place, and wasn't able to travel.

Quote:

Was that before or after you spoilt Guinevere's bit of fun by running off with Lancelot?;):D

Perhaps it's time to change immagery and go back to sorting out the wheat from the chaff...:rolleyes: No bog-roll round in those days -just nice soft clumps of moss...

By the way "Church" - no need to question Garinda's memory it is infallible, as is his logic and wit. Thetis had learned her lesson by the time he was born and dropped him in the Styx giving him a thorough dunking so no bits were left unwetted!

garinda 12-09-2012 15:17

Though please don't think my rude, if you don't register for any further action.

It really is nothing personal.

It will probably just be that there's some more solidly produced crap, that needs attention.

mobertol 12-09-2012 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015201)
You've got to be joking, I was once trapped in the house while my ex and four of her friends insisted on out-doing each other for over 6 hours re-counting their individual experiences in that, each one giving a more detailed and gory account than the last whenever one them described the excruciating pain and discomfort she had been through, a pause would come to the conversation as all five turned and glared that, you swine, you don't know what you put me through look, it was a most distressing experience and most confusing for me, because to my knowledge, I had only fathered the children of one of them!
:nono8:

How's shelling peas as a description?;):D

I'm sure you can make even computer technology seem that simple...

Less 12-09-2012 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015205)

I'm sure you can make even computer technology seem that simple...

GIGO

:p

garinda 12-09-2012 15:39

Quote:

debate

There is no debate.

The vast majority of members of this forum don't want recreational drugs making legal.

Much the same throughout the land.

There's no support for the law to be changed.

There are no votes to be won, if any political party suggested recreational drugs should be decriminalised.

It won't be happening.

Fact.

No debate.

;)

mobertol 12-09-2012 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015207)
GIGO

:p

'Fraid I had to Google it Less :o

Presume you don't mean a traditional dance from the Occitane region...:D

Garbage in, garbage out -that's more like it!

Thought you'd say "Windows" -can understand those -you click and they open -miracle!;)

Less 12-09-2012 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015211)
'Fraid I had to Google it Less :o

Thought you'd say "Windows" -can understand those -you click and they open -miracle!;)

Windows isn't a computer, it just ensures that GIGO runs to form.

mobertol 12-09-2012 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015213)
Windows isn't a computer, it just ensures that GIGO runs to form.

I do just about realise that thank-you, Less and you cheated by adding in a bit while i was replying!! -I'm beginning to wonder if my mistake has been not dabbling in recreational drugs for all these years -maybe then I'd understand technical things and would have greater powers of understanding - perhaps it would have opened up my mind...:rolleyes:

annesingleton 12-09-2012 17:17

[QUOTE=Restless;1014977]Just out of curiosity where did you get that from. That it isn't that popular? It is certainly good to know. I read a few times of kids that had died from taking it.

I got it from my professional experience - a couple of years ago most of the young people I come across were using bubble/mephedrone to major excess. Now, quite a few still use it but nowhere near as many. It's dreadful stuff, sends people crazy when they're on it and messes with their heads in an awful way. I knew some who were hospitalised after using it, but fortunately I haven't personally come across any deaths.

jaysay 12-09-2012 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015130)
Drug use is, or at least can be, dangerous, I've never said otherwise, but so are all the other things in the list I posted. Would you ban alcohol as well, or is that okay because it has become socially acceptable over the years. Alcohol has been guilty of bringing about far more misery over the years than drugs (violence, anti social behaviour and even family poverty and other problems). I don't smoke and never have but I don't go clambering for it to be banned, even before the ban in public places stopped it being rammed down my throat. We cannot go banning things just because we don't personally like them, we just stay away from them (a bit like turning the tv over if you don't like the programme).

So we should just let people do whatever they want so long as its their choice, if there wasn't a ban on drugs such as heroin and cocaine, you think life would just go on as it is, but who ends up picking up the tab, its bad enough even when its illegal never mind, just wonder if you had kids whether you would be giving them the weekly allowance in £10 or £20 raps of cocaine

jaysay 12-09-2012 17:50

Quote:

Most people buy cheap clothes then di, do they, caught a bit of the TV program on Shad last night and one kid had a United shirt on about £40, and if you ever see programs about problem kids living on these estates they all have the latest Nike trainers on and Adidas track suits, wonder how that happens:confused:

susie123 12-09-2012 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1015225)
Most people buy cheap clothes then di, do they, caught a bit of the TV program on Shad last night and one kid had a United shirt on about £40, and if you ever see programs about problem kids living on these estates they all have the latest Nike trainers on and Adidas track suits, wonder how that happens:confused:

Those items may not be cheap to buy John but they are still produced under atrocious conditions.

Olympic brands caught up in abuse scandal | Business | The Observer

And their prevalence is down to peer pressure and slick marketing.

jaysay 12-09-2012 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1015247)
Those items may not be cheap to buy John but they are still produced under atrocious conditions.

Olympic brands caught up in abuse scandal | Business | The Observer

And their prevalence is down to peer pressure and slick marketing.

The post I was answering was about people buying cheap clothes, not about how cheap they were to make, loads of Kids wear named sports goods, irrespective of it be through peer pressure, that had little to do with the argument

susie123 12-09-2012 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1015250)
The post I was answering was about people buying cheap clothes, not about how cheap they were to make, loads of Kids wear named sports goods, irrespective of it be through peer pressure, that had little to do with the argument

OK I was tying it up with the post above, didn't make that clear. Cheap or inflated prices, production conditions are similar.

kestrelx 12-09-2012 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1015176)
Is that because you say so? If it's the wrong forum why did you ask the question in the first place? I find it strange that someone would start a thread on a forum that was completely wrong for the topic. What a bizarre person you seem to be.

I think he started this thread to take away the power of the thread I started on the subject which still has well over double the amount of hits as this one. :rolleyes:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html

kestrelx 12-09-2012 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015184)
I was once saw a salad.

Rabbits don't eat salads! Unless given to by their owners. So some rabbit...

Gordon Booth 12-09-2012 19:07

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1015247)

Just supposing we stop buying these goods produced under what we agree are atrocious conditions?
The factories go bust, shut down, the children and adults working there have no jobs- so no money at all- so no food- so they starve.
Supposing we pay them decent wages on a par with Europe? The goods won't be cheap any more so companies won't buy them(they might as well make them in the EU and save shipping costs)-same result.

jaysay 12-09-2012 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1015261)
Just supposing we stop buying these goods produced under what we agree are atrocious conditions?
The factories go bust, shut down, the children and adults working there have no jobs- so no money at all- so no food- so they starve.
Supposing we pay them decent wages on a par with Europe? The goods won't be cheap any more so companies won't buy them(they might as well make them in the EU and save shipping costs)-same result.

Think you've got a hell of a point Gordon

garinda 12-09-2012 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015254)
I think he started this thread to take away the power of the thread I started on the subject which still has well over double the amount of hits as this one. :rolleyes:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html

You really are sad if you think that.

As it states in post one, this poll was started to illustrate to those who aren't too bright, that the vast majority of Accy Webbers don't want recreational drugs legalised.

I'm beginning to understand why some seek to escape the reality of their lives.

It can't be easy.

:o

garinda 12-09-2012 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015258)
Rabbits don't eat salads! Unless given to by their owners. So some rabbit...

Who told you that, Alice, whilst you were on some bad trip?

churchfcrules 12-09-2012 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015264)
You really are sad if you think that.

As it states in post one, this poll was started to illustrate to those who aren't too bright, that the vast majority of Accy Webbers don't want recreational drugs legalised.

I'm beginning to understand why some seek to escape the reality of their lives.

It can't be easy.

:o

31 votes, out of how many members? And that is a vast majority, is it
Granted 77 percent voted no, but that's of who voted, not of accywebers

garinda 12-09-2012 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1015266)

Take what crumbs of comfort you can, if they fill a hunger in you.

People here, and throughout the land, don't want recreational drugs made legal.

That is clear, to all but the dimmest of people.

Carry on banging your head against that brick wall.

Then go and pop a paracetamol.

;)

garinda 12-09-2012 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015254)
I think he started this thread to take away the power of the thread I started on the subject which still has well over double the amount of hits as this one.

Seriously, what with everything else you've shown that troubles you, I thought you had it bad.

Now we've seen you also have a Napolean complex.

Mine is bigger than your's.

Almost funny.

I've always found those who needed to brag, mine's bigger than your's, my partner's back on fifty grand now he's at Heysham, do so to mask some inner inadequacy.

Either that, or you're a masochist, who has an addiction to public humilation. We already now from the Sunday papers, about the spanking scandal.

People here don't want your drugs legalised.

Is that too hard to take in?

Carry on, here, there, in cloud cuckoo land, bleating on, bringing ridicule on yourself, and from the more generous, pity.

You will not be able to change this.

It's a fact.

Reality.

I know you aren't that keen on reality, and like to have your little trips away from it, but it's true.

Fact.

mobertol 12-09-2012 20:10

Quote:

In any election it's the %age of those who votes that counts -not the %age of the total possible voters.

Look at the turnout in the General election -or worse even in local ones...mostly you are dealing with apathy or at worst - people who just don't give a damn.

mobertol 12-09-2012 20:22

On a completely different tack -I am greatly dis-heartened by the fact that twice recently on this thread I have received red karma.

Not for the fact in itself -which is fair enough -but for the fact that it has been twice unsigned. Say what you think -say it to my face, I won't be upset and will take it as your valid opinion. Yours has as much weight as mine.

Please though have the strength of your convictions and say who you are as well as your comment. There is nohing worse than a coward - so your comments are worth less than nothing without your signature.

Mine is always signed.

Where possible - as mostly it is green - I will thank your for your interaction - otherwise am willing to have a personal chat, you will find that I am a reasonable soul.

I stand by what I say...have he courage to defend your stance and your words by signing them.

susie123 12-09-2012 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1015261)

Gordon, I agree with you. I was just making the point in reply to others on the thread.

garinda 12-09-2012 21:34

Quote:

Surely to goodness there's only one of you, who struggles reading what's already been said, or who forgets what's been written only a post or so before?

The inbulit sewerage system isn't there just for you.

It's there to deal with all the illogical crap we have to wade through.

When the few unfortunate souls have gone cold turkey, and develop severe contstipation, I'll put down my crap scoop, and go and have a cup of tea.

garinda 12-09-2012 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015276)
On a completely different tack -I am greatly dis-heartened by the fact that twice recently on this thread I have received red karma.

Not for the fact in itself -which is fair enough -but for the fact that it has been twice unsigned. Say what you think -say it to my face, I won't be upset and will take it as your valid opinion. Yours has as much weight as mine.

Please though have the strength of your convictions and say who you are as well as your comment. There is nohing worse than a coward - so your comments are worth less than nothing without your signature.

Mine is always signed.

Where possible - as mostly it is green - I will thank your for your interaction - otherwise am willing to have a personal chat, you will find that I am a reasonable soul.

I stand by what I say...have he courage to defend your stance and your words by signing them.

If you're like me, just laugh.

If you're a better person than me, less mean, which I have no doubt you are, try and show a little pity for those weaker than yourself. Who are too afraid to say what they think.

Either way you look at cowardice, just be glad it isn't something that festers away within you.

Karma, shmarma.

I had some unsigned good stuff today.

It was their choice it was unsigned.

I pity them, for finding some daft thing I posted witty.

Bless 'em.

kestrelx 12-09-2012 21:50

Quote:

Mine is always signed.

I agree with you, I always sign my Karma and was not responsible for any red in this case. I have had a lot of unsigned stuff in the past and I agree it is cowardly.

annesingleton 12-09-2012 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1015282)
Gordon, I agree with you. I was just making the point in reply to others on the thread.

It's a catch 22 situation, a moral dilemma.

mobertol 12-09-2012 21:55

Why -thank you both - to be honest, in the words of Rhett Butler "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" - but I don't like people bad-mouthing my friends...:mad::D

mobertol 12-09-2012 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1015291)

It's a pretty big moral dilemma caused by certain people's greed and wish to make money at the expense of everyone else -ie at home -where manufacturing has been abandonned for cheap profits to the detriment of all -and abroad where the weak and the poor are used as cheap labour to increase the profits of those few money-crazed so-called businessmen.:(

kestrelx 12-09-2012 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015209)
There is no debate.

The vast majority of members of this forum don't want recreational drugs making legal.

Much the same throughout the land.

There's no support for the law to be changed.

There are no votes to be won, if any political party suggested recreational drugs should be decriminalised.

It won't be happening.

Fact.

No debate.

;)

Most peoples attitude about drugs, in my view is blinkered and based on fear and misinformation by papers like the Sun! Who today by the way have been disgraced by the fact they published lies and slander about the football fans who were killed in the Hillsborough Disaster.

This indicates this newspaper will publish lies and inaccuracy in order to sway peoples opinions and back the Police, as they did in this case.

Most people are not bothered about forensic evidence that many people who it is claimed, by papers like the Sun, were killed by specific drugs, when they weren't - but killed by alcohol and a cocktail of drugs etc etc.

There is a debate and fact is making drugs illegal causes more damage/ harm in the long run.

kestrelx 12-09-2012 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015184)
I was once saw a salad.

Rabbits don't shop in Tesco, Sainsbury's, ASDA or any other supplier of salads. Seems like you been on the hallucinogenics mate! :mosher: Think your a rabbit? :rolleyes: Salad Muncher...

mobertol 12-09-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015298)
Most peoples attitude about drugs, in my view is blinkered and based on fear and misinformation by papers like the Sun! Who today by the way have been disgraced by the fact they published lies and slander about the football fans who were killed in the Hillsborough Disaster.

This indicates this newspaper will publish lies and inaccuracy in order to sway peoples opinions and back the Police, as they did in this case.

Most people are not bothered about forensic evidence that many people who it is claimed, by papers like the Sun, were killed by specific drugs, when they weren't - or killed by alcohol etc etc.

There is a debate and fact is making drugs illegal causes more damage/ harm in the long run.

The fact is that most people don't need drugs to make them feel good -there are so many other things that can do this without wrecking the brain and body. Take pleasure in the simple things that modern life seems to exclude.

For example: You love making music and watching wild-life -do it and take pleasure in that and find others who like the same things -we all need contact with like-minded folk. At the end of the day that's what it's all about -not smoking or assuming in some other way something which will supress your senses and take away the things and people you care about...

garinda 12-09-2012 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1015291)

There's always naturism, but the weather in the U.K. doesn't make that an easy option.

Not a dilemma we had way back when, living in Eden.

Well not until Eve pigged out on fruit, and Adam started snorting the garden floor.

kestrelx 12-09-2012 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015301)
There's always naturism, but the weather in the U.K. doesn't make that an easy option.

Not a dilemma we had way back when, living in Eden.

Well not until Eve pigged out on fruit, and Adam started snorting the garden floor.

Lets get back to reality - or are you on drugs? :rolleyes:

There was no such person as Eve nor Adam! No proof you are believing fantasy here. :cool:

garinda 12-09-2012 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015298)
Most peoples attitude about drugs, in my view is blinkered and based on fear and misinformation by papers like the Sun!

Mine aren't.

Just count it lucky I'm here, to counterbalance that view for you.

kestrelx 12-09-2012 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015300)
The fact is that most people don't need drugs to make them feel good -there are so many other things that can do this without wrecking the brain and body. Take pleasure in the simple things that modern life seems to exclude.

For example: You love making music and watching wild-life -do it and take pleasure in that and find others who like the same things -we all need contact with like-minded folk. At the end of the day that's what it's all about -not smoking or assuming in some other way something which will supress your senses and take away the things and people you care about...

Don't you think you could be being Naive? :confused::rolleyes: A lot of these kids on the housing estates are trying to escape the rough deal their parents have landed them in!

I don't take drugs - only the ones I get on prescription! Nor do I smoke.

I bet you drink wine don't you - that is a drug and I bet you use it to lift your spirits at the end of a hard day?

annesingleton 12-09-2012 22:25

There are lots of reasons why people use drugs/substances both legal and illegal, myself included regarding alcohol and cigarettes (and cake and chocolate to an extent in my case!). In the main they are used to self medicate as a way of escaping from reality to a larger or lesser extent - people tend to say they are a means of relaxation, but this tends to be another name for escapism. I know that after a stressful day at work I like nothing more than a trip to the pub on the way home or to open a good bottle of red wine when I get home. But none of this means that illegal drugs should be legalised, there would be no benefit to either society or to the individual - if drugs were legalised the government would tax them to the hilt and make them unaffordable to most people, the police would be unable to prosecute which would affect the economy. By this I mean that the police, prison and legal system would have less business, the people who support them would have nothing to do, drugs agencies would decline, the health service would not need so many drugs related staff, and also the infrastructure who build rehab units, supply alternative medication, and even things like catering for their needs would suffer. The country cannot afford the legalisation of illegal substances!

annesingleton 12-09-2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015302)
Lets get back to reality - or are you on drugs? :rolleyes:

There was no such person as Eve nor Adam! No proof you are believing fantasy here. :cool:

Oh No! I bet you don't believe in Father Christmas either!

garinda 12-09-2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015302)
There was no such person as Eve nor Adam!

Get out of the (gene) pool!

Like no way dude!

They sure must have had one bad trip, to think that crazy ass stuff up.

Far out!

There was still like Adam's son, Jesus?

That dude was real, right?

'Cause I can still here that nigga.

Yo, crack head, go out in the hood 'n' take out some down 'n' dirty 'ho's.

That dude's still real?

Right on.

garinda 12-09-2012 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1015306)
Oh No! I bet you don't believe in Father Christmas either!

Some need religion.

Others opium.

Both are there to fill some hole.

mobertol 12-09-2012 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015304)
Don't you think you could be being Naive? :confused::rolleyes: A lot of these kids on the housing estates are trying to escape the rough deal their parents have landed them in!

I don't take drugs - only the ones I get on prescription! Nor do I smoke.

I bet you drink wine don't you - that is a drug and I bet you use it to lift your spirits at the end of a hard day?

I am very naive -always have been and always will be, I don't deny it -I am not and never will be "street-wise". Read yesterday about something called "bubble" here -thought it was that pink stuff we used to blow into and then pop.

I was brought up to do my best and that is what I've always done. There are opportunities for young people if they work hard and try to better themselves -we all have our talents and strong points -just have to find what they are and make the most.

My mother told me recently that one of her most successful students was one of the worst she'd ever had at school academically. He has worked hard and set up a transport business which has had great success -he now has a Villa in the place where she lives in Tenerife which is worth 10 times what she and my dad could afford after a lifetime of hard work. He said to her -"I weren't much good at school but I know how to work hard and I married someone who could do the accounting..."

As to my drinking wine -why yes, but I don't get plastered even though we bottle our own and it costs 2 euros a litre -it's good stuff too!;):D

Have just finished a cup of tea -if you really want to know...

Restless 12-09-2012 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015307)
Get out of the (gene) pool!

Like no way dude!

They sure must have had one bad trip, to think that crazy ass stuff up.

Far out!

There was still like Adam's son, Jesus?

That dude was real, right?

'Cause I can still here that nigga.

Yo, crack head, go out in the hood 'n' take out some down 'n' dirty 'ho's.

That dude's still real?

Right on.

And you said my clones post was gibberish. :rolleyes:

Restless 12-09-2012 22:40

What do you fill your hole with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015308)
Some need religion.
Others opium.
Both are there to fill some hole.

NO! Wait don't answer that :tongueout

mobertol 12-09-2012 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1015305)
There are lots of reasons why people use drugs/substances both legal and illegal, myself included regarding alcohol and cigarettes (and cake and chocolate to an extent in my case!). In the main they are used to self medicate as a way of escaping from reality to a larger or lesser extent - people tend to say they are a means of relaxation, but this tends to be another name for escapism. I know that after a stressful day at work I like nothing more than a trip to the pub on the way home or to open a good bottle of red wine when I get home. But none of this means that illegal drugs should be legalised, there would be no benefit to either society or to the individual - if drugs were legalised the government would tax them to the hilt and make them unaffordable to most people, the police would be unable to prosecute which would affect the economy. By this I mean that the police, prison and legal system would have less business, the people who support them would have nothing to do, drugs agencies would decline, the health service would not need so many drugs related staff, and also the infrastructure who build rehab units, supply alternative medication, and even things like catering for their needs would suffer. The country cannot afford the legalisation of illegal substances!

Agree with much of what you say here, Anne, but how can you legalise substances which impair people's judgement. How would you regulate driving licences for example - if someone was a "user" of something that was legalised could you let them drive their own car or a works vehicle -what if they had an accident because their senses were impaired...if they wer driving a school bus -how would you proceed in the case of the death of a young passenger, or if they smashed into a car at high speed carrying 2 young parents whose children are now orphaned? This happened here in Cremona on Sunday evening -thank-god the grand-parents offered to keep the children that evening and let the parents have a (last) night out alone...

garinda 12-09-2012 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015310)
And you said my clones post was gibberish. :rolleyes:

Jeez, you thought my stoned speak was gibberish?

Thanks.

Job well done.

Wait until l post trippy.

That'll blow your mind.

;)

garinda 12-09-2012 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1015311)
What do you fill your hole with?

I'm lucky.

I can self-medicate.

Plus determination helps.

Heal thy self.

Whoosh.

All good.

;)

Less 13-09-2012 07:56

Quote:

Mine is always signed.

There are plenty of karma threads this isn't one of them.
On the rare occasions I give or take the stuff I don't sign it, not because I'm a coward just because there are small minded people out there that if you sign and give green for example they feel duty bound to return the damned stuff, which isn't the idea behind it at all.
If you weren't bothered you wouldn't mention it.
I love it when I get red and a nasty comment about it being in return for the red I gave them, because inevitably the scmuck is completely wrong about who gave it to them 'cos 999 out of 1000 it wasn't me.

jaysay 13-09-2012 08:52

Quote:

Please though have the strength of your convictions and say who you are as well as your comment. There is nothing worse than a coward - so your comments are worth less than nothing without your signature.

Mine is always signed.

Its like I used to say about unsigned letters to the press, whats the point of writing if your not prepared to put your name to it, means absolutely nothing.

jaysay 13-09-2012 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015300)

Seems about right to me Di

mobertol 13-09-2012 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015354)
There are plenty of karma threads this isn't one of them.
On the rare occasions I give or take the stuff I don't sign it, not because I'm a coward just because there are small minded people out there that if you sign and give green for example they feel duty bound to return the damned stuff, which isn't the idea behind it at all.
If you weren't bothered you wouldn't mention it.
I love it when I get red and a nasty comment about it being in return for the red I gave them, because inevitably the scmuck is completely wrong about who gave it to them 'cos 999 out of 1000 it wasn't me.

Ha!! So it was you then:eek::D:eek:

This "small-minded scmuck" is just about to press the red button back:rolleyes:

Less 13-09-2012 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015398)

I hope you're joking, hard to tell with folk that go ballistic over karma, let's move on, it ain't worth the ink we're wasting on these posts.
:mad:

mobertol 13-09-2012 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1015414)
I hope you're joking, hard to tell with folk that go ballistic over karma, let's move on, it ain't worth the ink we're wasting on these posts.
:mad:

Shame, I'd just re-filled with some lovely Royal Blue Quink for the occasion:rolleyes::D

garinda 13-09-2012 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015420)
Shame, I'd just re-filled with some lovely Royal Blue Quink for the occasion:rolleyes::D

Try Slink.

You create one hell of a mess, until it eventually dries...but it's much more permanent, in the long-term.

:balloon3::balloon3::balloon3::eek::sonic:

:frown::sleep8::sleep8::frown::balloon3::balloon3: :oke2:

mobertol 13-09-2012 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015441)
Try Slink.

You create one hell of a mess, until it eventually dries...but it's much more permanent, in the long-term.

:balloon3::balloon3::balloon3::eek::sonic:

:frown::sleep8::sleep8::frown::balloon3::balloon3: :oke2:

Oooooh! I see what you mean...great fun, a bit like using acryllics. Sort of gets everywhere and is kind of thick and sticky
:sonic::eek::sonic::balloon3::sonic::eek::sonic:

Must dash:sonic:someone's just knocked at the door -am expecting a guest for tea. Everything's ready on the tray -we'll be having it in the garden -lovely afternoon here!

Damn have to go and wash my hand's first -this slink stuff is one hell of a mess...;)

jaysay 13-09-2012 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015445)
Oooooh! I see what you mean...great fun, a bit like using acryllics. Sort of gets everywhere and is kind of thick and sticky
:sonic::eek::sonic::balloon3::sonic::eek::sonic:

Must dash:sonic:someone's just knocked at the door -am expecting a guest for tea. Everything's ready on the tray -we'll be having it in the garden -lovely afternoon here!

Damn have to go and wash my hand's first -this slink stuff is one hell of a mess...;)

Oh come on chaps these deep blue colours will driving Mancie to drink, thought I'd tone it down a bit:D

kestrelx 13-09-2012 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015398)

No no! I get the Hunch it wasn't Less - what happened to your psychic powers Di :confused:

mobertol 13-09-2012 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015452)
No no! I get the Hunch it wasn't Less - what happened to your psychic powers Di :confused:

No -mine was pure sarcasm!

Less would never have written what was in that message - I have no doubt about that.

If it was just for me...maybe:rolleyes:

By the way - it is not a witch hunt. What goes around comes around - twice-fold;)

garinda 13-09-2012 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015498)
By the way - it is not a witch hunt.

Perhaps the silly hunt's not a very good speller.

;)

kestrelx 13-09-2012 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015498)
No -mine was pure sarcasm!

Less would never have written what was in that message - I have no doubt about that.

If it was just for me...maybe:rolleyes:

By the way - it is not a witch hunt. What goes around comes around - twice-fold;)

I never said it was a witch hunt! So I don't know what on earth Garinda is talking about? :confused: Perhaps he's on drugs again?

garinda 14-09-2012 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015503)

;)

Or, suffering from low self-esteem, having a dirty protest as a way of drawing attention, by covering themselves in crap of their own making.

mobertol 14-09-2012 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015503)

;)

Aha! Had not considered him at all. Your suggestion might just be correct now I come to think about it -it all starts to fall into place.:eek:

I was thinking of having the message analysed by the top hand-writing experts in MI5 (you know I have my contacts there...) -but on your suggestion certain things now jump out at me: the only capital letter used was in your name, which was not at the beginning of the phrase -does this mean someone who nurses a conflicting secret admiration and esteem for you:confused:

Better and better - the profile begins to fit. The rant did show some vestigial humour and intelligence, if hidden under years of rhetoric...:D

I leave you to draw your final Honclusion - I am fairly satisfied that your intuition is Horrect - I seem to be developing an aversion to words which begin with a C -most strange:rolleyes:

Just to keep on thread -recreational drugs have ruined many a decent family...they cause more misery across the board than the short lived pleasure they may seem to give to some.

mobertol 14-09-2012 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015517)
I never said it was a witch hunt! So I don't know what on earth Garinda is talking about? :confused: Perhaps he's on drugs again?

Don't take on so K - you couldn't possibly understand, it was a coded message for me...;)

kestrelx 14-09-2012 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015536)
Don't take on so K - you couldn't possibly understand, it was a coded message for me...;)

An inside joke? Where is this coded message? Has it been posted on this thread?

If not why are you talking about it? :rolleyes:

jaysay 14-09-2012 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1015547)
An inside joke? Where is this coded message? Has it been posted on this thread?

If not why are you talking about it? :rolleyes:

Its a need to know basis and obviously you don't need to know;)

garinda 14-09-2012 09:11

Quote:

Tell you what, if you can get twenty four members of this forum, who have previously posted that they don't want recreational drugs made legal, and because of the compelling arguments put forward by the pro-dopes on Accy Web, to make a subsequent post that they've now changed their mind about decriminalisation, I'll happily donate £100 to the Maunday Grange.

I'd just better add, I won't be one of them.

Good luck.

Less 14-09-2012 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015559)
Tell you what, if you can get twenty four members of this forum, who have previously posted that they don't want recreational drugs made legal, and because of the compelling arguments put forward by the pro-dopes on Accy Web, to make a subsequent post that they've now changed their mind about decriminalisation, I'll happily donate £100 to the Maunday Grange.

I'd just better add, I won't be one of them.

Good luck.

I wonder how much it would cost to change my name to Maunday Grange by deed Poll?
;)