Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

susie123 31-03-2012 20:19

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 980462)
When it was first trialled it was tablets, but yes, you are right, Sativex is in spray form now....there is another cannabinoid which is in tablet form, but I am having a grey moment and can't bring its name to mind.
My sister in law has MS and she has been prescribed a cannabinoid in one form or another for quite a long time.

I'm pleased to hear that - many people are being denied Sativex because their health authorities say it is too expensive.

Margaret Pilkington 31-03-2012 20:59

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
I am not sure whether having been a nurse has anything to do with it........she has been on a number of different treatments and they haven't done much for her(by way of relieving her symptoms - reducing the muscle pains and the spasticity). She is quite a forceful personality and can argue her case very well........I think it helps to have a GP who worked with her in the hospital setting too(often it was she who kept them out of the doo-doo with consultants).

jaysay 01-04-2012 09:57

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 981586)
A lot of people are totally against drug legalisation because they have been conditioned by the Newspapers and Media who are adamantly against these drugs and will print misinformation to perpetuate these issues. They refuse to accept the facts that alcohol kills 8,000 people per year! But I've said this before and people don't listen as they've been brainwashed!

Whats the title of this thread, you don't need to be brain washed when you've seen first had what drugs do, not only individuals, but families too, and the monster which druggies become by slave to their addiction. Have a word with the parents who have seen their families and lives utterly destroyed by their kids being dragged into the word of drugs, I have seen first had the results of something you so virulently defend:mad:

Less 01-04-2012 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 981586)
A lot of people are totally against drug legalisation because they have been conditioned by the Newspapers and Media who are adamantly against these drugs and will print misinformation to perpetuate these issues.

No, most people are for drugs legislation, the legislation they want doesn't happen to agree with your views.
Misinformation? I suppose that depends on your point of view?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 981586)
They refuse to accept the facts that alcohol kills 8,000 people per year! But I've said this before and people don't listen as they've been brainwashed!

Where did you get the figure of 8,000 per year from?
Was it the daily mail, perhaps the daily sport?
Wherever you got it from, some 'media', source must be accepting the fact that there is a problem.

Or did you make the figure up yourself just to ensure accuracy?

Restless 01-04-2012 12:59

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Subjective statement jaysay

This scenario isn't always the majority in the "druggies" world. Drugs don't always destroy lives-- I have also seen this first hand.

So which drugs are you referring to

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 981662)
Whats the title of this thread, you don't need to be brain washed when you've seen first had what drugs do, not only individuals, but families too, and the monster which druggies become by slave to their addiction. Have a word with the parents who have seen their families and lives utterly destroyed by their kids being dragged into the word of drugs, I have seen first had the results of something you so virulently defend:mad:


Restless 01-04-2012 13:07

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Transform : Fact Research Guide : Drug related deaths

websites like this I should imagine.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/Resource...eathreport.pdf

^ this I suppose may be a good read for those that can be bothered to read it



Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981668)
Where did you get the figure of 8,000 per year from?
Was it the daily mail, perhaps the daily sport?
Wherever you got it from, some 'media', source must be accepting the fact that there is a problem.

Or did you make the figure up yourself just to ensure accuracy?


Restless 01-04-2012 16:39

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Well I missed the poll but It would be 25/7 if I had voted.

Though I am of the opinion that cannabis should be legalized the poll basically says all illegal drugs.

Government could tax the hell out of cannabis and they would make millions. Who knows it may even help the economy :hidewall:

Margaret Pilkington 01-04-2012 16:42

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
I don't think it would because if they taxed the hell out of it, people would find other suppliers....so there would still be a black market in the stuff and criminals would prosper...much as they do now.

Less 01-04-2012 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 981764)
I don't think it would because if they taxed the hell out of it, people would find other suppliers....so there would still be a black market in the stuff and criminals would prosper...much as they do now.

Don't fret over it Margaret, all he did was show he has no real idea of life, I hope his drugs give him no harm but plenty of enjoyment, (so long as I am allowed the choice to use or not use, I'm happy).

annesingleton 01-04-2012 17:05

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
i would appreciate people saying where their evidence comes from - is it personal opinion or hard evidence?

Less 01-04-2012 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 981770)
i would appreciate people saying where their evidence comes from - is it personal opinion or hard evidence?

Don't be silly woman!

Haven't you had enough of kestrelx's weird and wonderful world of ridiculous links?

Restless 01-04-2012 18:00

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Over the years that I have been reading posts on accyweb I come to respect Maraget's opinions. You however... You was on my case the very first minute I posted to the forum years ago, when you didn't know anything about me. This is what sucks about accringtonweb... that we can't have a discussion with personal attacks left, right and centre. I remember all to well how you was on the offensive with me for no good reason and it wasn't even a sensitive subject.

If you had read anything I posted you would know that I no longer do drugs and I haven't for 10 years


Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981767)
Don't fret over it Margaret, all he did was show he has no real idea of life, I hope his drugs give him no harm but plenty of enjoyment, (so long as I am allowed the choice to use or not use, I'm happy).


annesingleton 01-04-2012 18:58

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981772)
Don't be silly woman!

Haven't you had enough of kestrelx's weird and wonderful world of ridiculous links?

I know, daft comment really when thinking about it, but it's annoying to me that he gets responses mainly because of his provocative attitude!

Restless 01-04-2012 19:21

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Anne finding the info on drug related deaths in relation to alcohol related deaths you have to dig deep

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnat...l-bulletin.pdf <this one will tell you how many people have died from alcohol.

NINIS | Data Catalogue
This is just for northern ireland. You can compare the two.

Notice these are government websites.

Presenting this info-- This is not me saying ''im all for drugs'' If it reads this way then go back and read my opinion and/or experience on the subject. But if you research for the info you will be shocked by the staggering info that proves that alcohol kills more than any other drug bar tobacco.

Now on to realising that I drink way too much :hehetable perhaps we should have a poll on whether or not Alcohol should be made illegal :hidewall:

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 981770)
i would appreciate people saying where their evidence comes from - is it personal opinion or hard evidence?


annesingleton 01-04-2012 19:29

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981825)
Anne finding the info on drug related deaths in relation to alcohol related deaths you have to dig deep

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnat...l-bulletin.pdf <this one will tell you how many people have died from alcohol.

NINIS | Data Catalogue
This is just for northern ireland. You can compare the two.

Notice these are government websites.

Presenting this info-- This is not me saying ''im all for drugs'' If it reads this way then go back and read my opinion and/or experience on the subject. But if you research for the info you will be shocked by the staggering info that proves that alcohol kills more than any other drug bar tobacco.

Now on to realising that I drink way too much :hehetable perhaps we should have a poll on whether or not Alcohol should be made illegal :hidewall:


Thank you for the information which makes sense. Alcohol definitely kills more people than illegal drugs. But is that an argument for legalising illegal drugs?


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:25.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.10076 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1