Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Are you sick to the E.U.? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/are-you-sick-to-the-e-u-62760.html)

Boeing Guy 28-10-2012 15:33

Re: Are you sick to the E.U.?

Seeing we are talking about working hours.....
BALPA | MPs BACK PILOTS? EU FATIGUE CONCERNS
And here
New air flight time proposals 'jeopardise' passenger safety: theparliament.com

Sick to the back teeth of europe

maxthecollie 28-10-2012 17:01

Get us OUT!

Shurm 28-10-2012 17:22

Seems these directives are in place to help protect people however my company before it will employ anybody makes you sign away any right to that directive so that seems an easy cop out for any company really.

Less 28-10-2012 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 1025304)
Seems these directives are in place to help protect people however my company before it will employ anybody makes you sign away any right to that directive so that seems an easy cop out for any company really.

Is it a cop out?

When in work I've always been able to work as is needed, if having worked for 18 hours one day, I may have been expected to turn up on site at the normal time, sometimes you just need to push the envelope and contribute more, if I had such an important thing as a human being in front of me I would probably push that a little bit further, the better your results from efforts the better it will be for everyone.
A Doctor that doesn't give a monkies isn't a Doctor, he/she is just someone at the end of a production line and hasn't earned the title.

Margaret Pilkington 28-10-2012 18:02

Spot on Less.
Someone who only does something for money will rarely go that extra mile....unless of course you are paying them a lot more for the extra mile.
Medicine is a vocation...yes the practitioners need to keep the wolf from the door, but most do it because they have a passion for making a difference.

accyman 29-10-2012 19:46

according to our MP we all love been in the EU and those that dont are too thick to understand it so until our MP thinks otherwise were stuck with the EU regardless of what the electorate thinks

Guinness 29-10-2012 20:33

Wish this guy was our MP...sums up the European Parliament and what we should do about it perfectly

'Elected leaders in Italy, Greece replaced by Eurocrats' - YouTube

Margaret Pilkington 29-10-2012 21:23

This is no surprise to many of us.
Thankyou Daniel Hannan.

cmonstanley 30-10-2012 18:44

when the nhs is privatised under the tories im all for the directive,they can always sign out of the directive so this is a non poll:eek:

Margaret Pilkington 30-10-2012 19:09

What are you talking about?
Who can sign out of the directive...the NHS?
I don't think so...the WTD applies to everyone. Some can opt out of the 48 hrs per week...but everything else stands.

The only way out is OUT.....OUT of the EU that is!

cmonstanley 30-10-2012 20:23

You dont know european law then ,any employer can give an opt out clause for an employee to sign.

Boeing Guy 30-10-2012 20:26

Well the airlines cannot, thanks to EASA.
The sooner we leave the EU the better

Margaret Pilkington 30-10-2012 21:26

an employer cannot force their workers to work more that 48hours in one week...this can be averaged out over a period of 17 weeks(this regulation is as a result of the WTD) it is slightly different for doctors...their average is over a 26 week period.
Employees can choose to work more that 48 hours per week if they wish...but there has to be a period of 11 hours between shifts in every 24 hours.

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-wo...hours/overview

cashman 30-10-2012 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 1025658)
You dont know european law then ,any employer can give an opt out clause for an employee to sign.

No its you that don't, see last 2 posts.:rolleyes: Though a cowboy firm or non-union may be able to pull a stroke.

Shurm 30-10-2012 22:46

All I know is at my company we sign away any right to a 48 hour week before we're given a job and my Wife signed one as well and she works for the NHS.

Like I said earlier these directives are probably in place to help employees and Company's just make you sign something so it's useless really.