Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Gt Harwood bicycle thief caught on home CCTV (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/gt-harwood-bicycle-thief-caught-on-home-cctv-62854.html)

Studio25 14-11-2012 00:34

Re: Gt Harwood bicycle thief caught on home CCTV

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1027751)
Sorry meant to say 'not' a euphemism for 'Go Away'... :)

* an euphemism

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;) )

katex 14-11-2012 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1027860)
* an euphemism

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;) )

* no, you are incorrect. Research it .. :p

Studio25 14-11-2012 14:41

Apparently, we're both correct - but my reasoning was wrong, so that makes it just as bad as being completely wrong. Apparently, it's all down to pronunciation, so some words (like history and euphemism) can sometimes use "an" even though they are usually pronounced with a consonant to start.

Thanks for putting me right. It also means there are a bunch of other times where I've been messing it up with regard to abbreviations and acronyms...

accyman 16-11-2012 18:29

if the theif is caught can we get an update from the thread starter as im curious as to how much notice police take of home security video and if it can be used as evidence.An old neighbour of mine once gave a recording of vandals smashing his car up to police and they lost it.

MargaretR 16-11-2012 18:35

I look on Facebook daily and if some news is added to that video, I will pass it on. Otherwise I have no way of learning the outcome.

Less 16-11-2012 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1028245)
if the theif is caught can we get an update from the thread starter as im curious as to how much notice police take of home security video and if it can be used as evidence.An old neighbour of mine once gave a recording of vandals smashing his car up to police and they lost it.

Funnily enough a friend of mine that had never been in trouble with the Police, was taken to the new Station in B'burn, whilst waiting to be either arrested and put in a cell or as he hoped apologised to and released, he was set upon by two officers, then arrested for attacking them. His solicitor demanded a copy of the surveillance video for the time, guess what? It had vanished never to be seen again, because it had gone they couldn't continue a case against him, unfortunately, because it had vanished he couldn't continue a case of police brutality against them.
Funnily enough, no enquiry was set up to find out where the video had gone to or how it could have been removed.

cashman 16-11-2012 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1028256)
Funnily enough, no enquiry was set up to find out where the video had gone to or how it could have been removed.

Ah probably there was, but they investigate themselves n confirmed it was lost.:D