Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The weather around the world has gone mad (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-weather-around-the-world-has-gone-mad-63403.html)

jaysay 25-01-2013 08:27

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

Only yesterday there were bushfires in Australia, with temps 40c today in one state there are floods with massive rainfall in 24 hours, its a funny old world:rolleyes:

Gordon Booth 25-01-2013 12:50

Ladies never 'break wind'. Try asking one(a difficult subject to bring up and watch out for that fast moving handbag).
Actually I think they just have silencers fitted.

Less 25-01-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by talentedbutslow (Post 1038481)
Hi everyone.
Well here I am in Australia experiencing 40 celcius plus temperatures and bush fires in 3 states, while you poor sods are up to the top of your wellies in snow and freezing to death.I am feeling very sorry for you all.Hope it moderates soon
I still think I prefer the heat to the cold,but 40 is around 10 degrees too much.However...I can always jump under a cold shower.

Regards Tal

Has it gone mad?

Or is it just going through a depression?

After all, Even our well paid meteorologists admit they don't really understand it.

Maybe it's just trying to reach out to someone, somewhere, that will listen and tell it they understand what it's going through?

Perhaps the hot flushes you are experiencing are it's age? After all it is also known as 'Mother Nature', at least she's paying attention to you, we seem to be getting that cold shoulder, you know the one, icey glares, howls of derision but no explanation of what we've done wrong, not to worry, come spring we'll be back to permanent rainfall, even handing a tissue and saying there, there, won't cure it we'll get no change until we admit that it's all our fault and promise not to put it through global warming ever again.

However, will the weather really believe us?

I doubt it.
:(

Eric 25-01-2013 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1038840)
Has it gone mad?

Or is it just going through a depression?

After all, Even our well paid meteorologists admit they don't really understand it.

Maybe it's just trying to reach out to someone, somewhere, that will listen and tell it they understand what it's going through?

Perhaps the hot flushes you are experiencing are it's age? After all it is also known as 'Mother Nature', at least she's paying attention to you, we seem to be getting that cold shoulder, you know the one, icey glares, howls of derision but no explanation of what we've done wrong, not to worry, come spring we'll be back to permanent rainfall, even handing a tissue and saying there, there, won't cure it we'll get no change until we admit that it's all our fault and promise not to put it through global warming ever again.

However, will the weather really believe us?

I doubt it.
:(

If you are correct ... and I have no reason to doubt the width and depth of your research ... and the Earth is female, does that mean that we should end all attempts to understand it? Are we fated to be at the mercy of irrational "mood swings" in the weather? Perhaps a dozen roses and a box of candy to go along with the abject apologies and unconditional admission of guilt would help.

Guinness 25-01-2013 16:36

So Nature has gone all hormonal on us :eek::eek:

So she kills the flowers here and melts the chocs down under..we're screwed

Less 25-01-2013 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1038847)
we're screwed

No, you might want to get screwed but while she's in this mood?

No chance!

cashman 25-01-2013 18:07

Suppose they blame the "Ice Age" on global warming/aerosols n the like.:rolleyes: utter crap its nature,end of.

DaveinGermany 25-01-2013 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1038817)
Ladies never 'break wind'.

Top tip - Watch the ankles, if the tights swell out, there's your cue. ;) :D

cashman 25-01-2013 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1038865)

Never noticed your tights swell out Dave.?

DaveinGermany 25-01-2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1038869)
Never noticed your tights swell out Dave.?

That's because I'd admit to my trouser coughs. (actually I'd be grinning evilly while youse choked :D)

Gordon Booth 25-01-2013 18:42

Quote:

You mean that's where they hide the silencers? Clever!

Restless 25-01-2013 20:29

1 Attachment(s)
Well its snowing again...

susie123 25-01-2013 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1038888)
Well its snowing again...

Had our first real snow here today... started falling around 3pm, not sticking, went to hosp in Lancaster, falling thick and fast, just starting to stick when we got there about 4pm. Came out 4.20, sticking in Lancaster, back in Morecambe 4.45 sticking but had turned to sleet falling. Sainsbury's car park a mass of slush, did some shopping, came out about 5.30, rain now falling, home 5.40, road and steps to house thick with slush. And that was it.

jaysay 25-01-2013 23:07

Quote:

Ah they're more crafty now Dave they pin prick the toes these days, stops the ankles swelling:D

Exile on Spencer St 09-09-2019 14:21

Didn’t know where to post this but it made me laugh.
Just can’t understand why the BBC hasn’t reported it.:rolleyes:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...ppered-by-ice/