Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The weather around the world has gone mad (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-weather-around-the-world-has-gone-mad-63403.html)

Jimmy Clitheroe 13-12-2019 22:44

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1234435)
I enjoy my 'morbid Scandanavian style miserable depressive outlook', it's taken me a lifetime to perfect it.

oh I see... so a 'morbid Lancashire style miserable depressive outlook' not good enough for yer then?

monkey hanger 14-12-2019 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1234432)
Look the sun will flare up one day and incinerate the planet anyway so let's just get on and enjoy things best we can while we can instead of listening to some mentally ill midget who wants us all to adopt a morbid Scandanavian style miserable depressive outlook.

no wonder there is a high suicide rate there if kids are all like her. at least my daughter had healthy interests at 16 like clothes, make up, lads and doing well in school to go to a proper university and doing a proper course.

Exile on Spencer St 14-12-2019 10:37

Many, many years ago when I was hitching around Europe I got a lift in Denmark from a slightly older Canadian guy. I was trying to get to Sweden, he’d just left there. He told me he’d never come across such a nation of depressives, so I accepted a lift in the opposite direction to Hamburg instead.
Much later, I worked for a Swedish company, met dozens of Swedes, and realised, with a few exceptions, he had a point.

St.Greta of Thunberg, the patron saint of idiocy as some have called her, might just be a child with Aspergers being groomed by big business with financial interests in so-called ‘green’ energy.

https://www.thegwpf.com/greta-thunbe...imate-warrior/

From the NonProfit Industrial Complex with Love » The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg ? for Consent: The Inconvenient Truth Behind Youth Co-optation [ACT II]

DaveinGermany 14-12-2019 11:09

Aye the Swedes aren't exactly the most "Happy clappy" europeans & if you're a reader of books you'll notice most dark, depressive & desolate literature comes out of ..... you guessed it Sweden!

It just goes to show you, them Vikings weren't necessarily out on the rampage to ravish & plunder, they just wanted the hell out of & away from the miseableness of Sweden! ;)

Margaret Pilkington 14-12-2019 13:00

I had heard before, that this was a manipulation of this child by not just her parents(who must take a large part of the blame) but by big business.
There is a lot of money to be be made by companies who manufacture Eco friendly/climate saving articles....(Sweden is the beating heart of this industry) especially if governments can be seen to be climbing on board.
The other thing(and you may think I am paranoid here) is that a population that is fearful is easier to control....so there may be governmental complicity in this.

Margaret Pilkington 14-12-2019 13:09

If the government were really serious about renewable sources of energy that do not rely on fossil fuels then they would make grants available for every house to have photovoltaic panels fitted to generate power for every house.

There is a commitment to be carbon neutral by 2050, and for all petrol and diesel powered vehicles to be outlawed by 2035.
There are plans to ensure that gas boilers are also outlawed.
So what are we supposed to use to power our homes.
Imagine, everyone getting home, plugging in their electric cars, trying to have a shower, cooking a meal.....tell me where the power is going to come from?
The National Grid is in no way equipped to deliver for these needs.
And this is not the distant future we are talking about here....it is 15 years.

Thankfully scientists are working on coding a bacteria that eats carbon emissions....so all,is not lost.

taddy 14-12-2019 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234491)
If the government were really serious about renewable sources of energy that do not rely on fossil fuels then they would make grants available for every house to have photovoltaic panels fitted to generate power for every house.

There is a commitment to be carbon neutral by 2050, and for all petrol and diesel powered vehicles to be outlawed by 2035.
There are plans to ensure that gas boilers are also outlawed.
So what are we supposed to use to power our homes.
Imagine, everyone getting home, plugging in their electric cars, trying to have a shower, cooking a meal.....tell me where the power is going to come from?
The National Grid is in no way equipped to deliver for these needs.
And this is not the distant future we are talking about here....it is 15 years.

Thankfully scientists are working on coding a bacteria that eats carbon emissions....so all,is not lost.

I am sorry Marge, but that is way beyond mycomprention,(probably spelt wrong) because I have just returned from the Peel Park Pub with Frera my favourite Polecat Ferret and having consumed a fair quantity of real ale my
spelling may not be up to scatch.

All the best to you and your's for Christmas.

Your's Taddy.

Margaret Pilkington 14-12-2019 16:19

And to you and Yours Taddy....the very best of the season.
Read it again when you have got rid of some of the beer. It will make sense.
After all I'm a Woodnooker like you....(secondary school that is).
And spelling doesn't matter too much if it makes sense and it does.

Jimmy Clitheroe 17-12-2019 12:38

That train picture sums it all up. Don't show the pleasant surroundings of the first class carriage she actually travelled in but show a gloomy 'child sitting on the floor with luggage' shot instead. Glad to see the German State Railways responding with some facts. You do get the feeling that they are miserable people who want everyone else to be as miserable as them.

Margaret Pilkington 17-12-2019 18:09

Such manipulation of the facts is about par for the course.
Things like this chip away at the honesty and integrity of this girl and her family who allowed it to be used for sensationalist journalism.
It makes you wonder what else is lying under the surface....perhaps 'green energy industry....worth millions of dollars if they can swing it(all of them Swedish).

monkey hanger 20-12-2019 09:08

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;

It just goes to show you, them Vikings weren't necessarily out on the rampage to ravish & plunder, they just wanted the hell out of & away from the miseableness of Sweden! ;)[/QUOTE]

thats one of the reasons southerners think us up north are a miserable lot with a big chip on our shoulders. we are more likely to have viking blood in our veins than they have.

DaveinGermany 20-12-2019 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1234661)
thats one of the reasons southerners think us up north are a miserable lot with a big chip on our shoulders.

That & the fact that they're a bunch of Shandy drinkin' Wussies! :)

dotti34 21-12-2019 06:14

Re the weather. Was a tad warm yesterday in my neck-of-the-woods in South Australia. Reached 47C. Cooler today. But it's summer in Australia so has to be expected. The heat comes and the heat goes. Irrespective of what people say about records having been broken, maybe they have but I can remember my other half years ago working out in the open on building sites with the temperature 118 F or thereabouts day after day. No knocking off because it was hot. Just strip to the waist and get on with it. 'You're in Australia, mate'.

We had no air conditioning in those days, didn't even have fans and anyway fans didn't work that well in the real heat, so often slept out-of-doors...with the TV on the front porch to watch during the evening. Wouldn't dare do that these days though because if we were still safe ourselves in the morning I'd guarantee the TV would have 'disappeared' in the night.

Margaret Pilkington 21-12-2019 16:27

We spent six weeks out there in the early eighties....and we experienced temperatures of 47 degrees.
The family we stayed with had an inground pool and it was like getting into a hot bath.
It was difficult to sleep, but we hit on the idea of freezing water in those large fruit juice bottles.....we had two of these in our bed....wrapped in plastic bags and a pillowcase.
The bottles were moved about the bed so that there was always somewhere cool.
The big problem was the heat meant snakes were a real worry.....they were frequently seen in the back garden...under the passion fruit bushes.

Exile on Spencer St 03-01-2020 09:43

Interesting view on the ‘man-made’ bush fires in Oz.
Looks like the Green Doomists may be right - the loss of life and property is all the fault of human beings. But the blame may be nearer to home than the Green Loons would ever admit.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...h-fires-worse/