Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The weather around the world has gone mad (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-weather-around-the-world-has-gone-mad-63403.html)

Exile on Spencer St 29-01-2020 21:51

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1236489)
Ye gods this is all getting just a little bit silly!
I forsee some white middle class spoilt brat demanding in the media that all black people should be punished if they swat a mosquito, from now on they must allow it and the diseases it carries to thrive in their natural environment....

Less, it’s already happened.
In 1972 the pesticide DDT, the most effective pesticide against malaria, was banned by the then recently formed Environmental Protection Agency in the USA after Rachel Carson’s book, ‘Silent Spring’, claimed it would result in a cancer epidemic that would affect ‘practically 100 per cent’ of the human population.
This ban was made despite the EPA’s seven month hearing concluding that ‘DDT is not a carcinogenic hazard to man...’.
Rachel Carson is a goddess to the Eco-Fundamentalists and was recently lauded as such on BBC Radio 4.
However, there are some who suggest that her book, by inspiring this ban, has indirectly been responsible for millions of deaths from malaria.
But, maybe because of where these deaths occur, the white middle-class eco-warriors are OK with it.

Less 29-01-2020 21:58

You'll find all the caves occupied by other accywebbers trying to do the same thing so you won't be lonely.

Margaret Pilkington 29-01-2020 22:01

Well Exile...maybe she is trying to exercise some sort of population control....since people are (allegedly) one of the biggest causes of climate change.

Since this outbreak of Coronavirus in china I am sure there will be fewer flights taken...fewer journeys made...more deaths Mother Nature is doing her bit to assist St Greta in her efforts.

and I know that this may seem to be in very bad taste...or at best not politically correct, but I am not a newsreader on ITN

Margaret Pilkington 29-01-2020 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1236492)
You'll find all the caves occupied by other accywebbers trying to do the same thing so you won't be lonely.

As long as they are like minded and do not live on vegan food...I can live with that.
(vegan food is notorious for causing 'botty shouting)

DaveinGermany 01-02-2020 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1236309)
Being labelled a climate change denier is almost as bad as being labelled transphobic or racist.....

Really Ma? I see it more of a confirmation that I'm on the right track. :D

Margaret Pilkington 01-02-2020 20:26

Yes Son, we are both on the right track...the emperoro has no clothes on and a pretty sight it aint!

DaveinGermany 01-02-2020 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1236306)
Of all the hundreds of thousands of words on Wikipedia, etc about St.Greta, there is no information about the actual school she allegedly attended, and from which she allegedly went on strike.

Kringlaskolan (bless you!) Södertälje Stockholm, mate. But your translator will be spitting feathers for very little information. :D

Less 06-02-2020 16:27

So what do we do with the waste from Pringles?
How can we save the world when there is a delicious product we can’t resist packed with :-
A plastic lid, a foil seal, a cardboard tube & a metal base. Recycle what? Come on be honest if we care about the environment (which I don’t very much) then manufacturers should put things in easily separated components that can be sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Margaret Pilkington 06-02-2020 16:44

Less, the manufacturers do not care either.
Once the product reaches you it ceases to be their problem.
And for those who say that manufacturers DO care....this is just corporate virtue signalling...they don't care REALLY....well, as long as consumers continue to buy the product.

Exile on Spencer St 07-02-2020 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1236765)
So what do we do with the waste from Pringles?

I’ve always thought Pringles were recycled waste.
Compared with a decent potato crisp, they feel to me like something that’s already been eaten by someone else.
I guess if you have no teeth, eating a ‘crisp’ that melts in the mouth is ok.

monkey hanger 07-02-2020 10:53

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1236493]Well Exile...maybe she is trying to exercise some sort of population control....since people are (allegedly) one of the biggest causes of climate change.

funny how all other animals do not breed once there is any danger to their homes and food supply. if they do not like rabbits then disease hits em.

DaveinGermany 08-02-2020 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1236772)
funny how all other animals do not breed once there is any danger to their homes and food supply. if they do not like rabbits then disease hits em.

Might have something to do with not being able to go down the Soesch, for a hand out. ;)

monkey hanger 09-02-2020 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1236790)
Might have something to do with not being able to go down the Soesch, for a hand out. ;)

please do not get me going dave. its sunday and a day of rest. wonder whats done on a wet and windy weekend nowadays.

Jimmy Clitheroe 10-02-2020 16:04

I was wondering how Extinction Rebellion Vegans can reconcile their beliefs. If we stop eating beef then there will be more and more moo-ing things creating more greenhouse gases (cows already account for 16% of them apparently) so those of us who eat beef are actively helping reduce CO2 emissions.

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2020 16:31

I think they know that if we all went vegan(no beef, no milk, no cheese, no animal meat at all) then farmers would not raise these animals....but what a dreary life it would be.

Anyway, Mother Nature is doing her best to pare down the population with coronavirus.

A reduction in population would reduce greenhouse gases.