Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hugging (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hugging-65306.html)

egg&chips 15-11-2013 20:55

Hugging

Interested in your opinions on this one and reflections as to whether it's a cultural or generational thing or something else entirely.
We received a formal complaint at work from a parent who saw a male member of staff hugging two female members of staff in greeting. We now have to officially investigate this complaint and make a formal report back.
How do you stand on this?
I work in a multicultural primary school btw.
I certainly have my own opinion but concede that I may be too close to be objective.

Margaret Pilkington 15-11-2013 21:08

Re: Hugging

I personally, can see nothing wrong in this form of greeting.
If the people involved did not object, then where is the problem?
If the person who made the complaint is from another cultural background, it needs to be mentioned, that in our culture, this form of greeting is acceptable.
Why should we be forced to abandon practices just because they do not fit in with the culture of another ethnic group. I thought that multiculturalism meant that there was some sort of acceptance of the cultures of other ethnic groups......and that the cultures of diverse ethnic groups were to be encouraged.

gpick24 15-11-2013 21:11

Agree with Margaret, if the complaint had come from one of the people involved then that would be different, but to complain because you`ve seen people hugging is a bit pathetic.

DaveinGermany 15-11-2013 21:17

It happens, it's what we do with friends, get over it or get out! :(

dotti34 15-11-2013 22:03

Some people tend to see 'bad intentions' in everything. Makes you wonder what's in their own minds. Just saying.....

Eric 15-11-2013 22:20

I don't like the idea of a world in which you can't give someone a hug ...

entwisi 15-11-2013 22:36

Did the females have any issue? If not then it's non of the observers business. That should be made clear.

You can pass opinion on stuff that impacts you, not what you see. Of you don't like men hugging women then don't watch. If you don't like gay people kissing, turn around. The world is far bigger than you.

Tell them to sod off imho

egg&chips 15-11-2013 22:42

Huggees were fine with the hugs. I'm hacked off with us having to formally investigate.

ossy kid 15-11-2013 22:47

I agree with all the posts above. Now here's a look from the "other" side. Does he hug all of the female teachers or just the cute ones? Does he hug the male teachers?
Maybe the two female teachers don't want to be hugged but are too "shy" to complain.
Maybe the parent wanted a hug so was disappointed.????? What a world we are creating.

Wynonie Harris 15-11-2013 23:27

Interesting the way the world has changed. When I was at school, you'd never have seen a male teacher hugging female teachers. In fact, hugging didn't happen except with lovers and family members. Obviously, though, times have moved on and the complaint is totally ridiculous.

Let us know what happens, though. My guess is, the school will back down and ban hugging so as not to offend "cultural sensibilities".

accyman 16-11-2013 01:10

id tell the complainer to sod off but using words behing with F and far more colourfull

was it another member of staff because if it was id bring the person up for disciplinary action for been desruptive to teh working enviroment and moral and see how they like pathetic accusations and complaints

its just a pitty that spitefull and venemous creatures like the complainer get all the backing and you yourself would get in trouble for telling them what needs to be said to them

perhaps their mummy didnt hug them enough or tehir daddy or uncle hugged them too much

the stupid moron better not step foot in france them lot greet each otehr with a kiss and it would probbably give teh complainer a seizure

Mick 16-11-2013 06:58

Well I class Less as a very good friend but would not hug him:D:D

maxthecollie 16-11-2013 07:28

Giz a Hug

walkinman221 16-11-2013 07:29

The parent must be short of something to do or worry about, if all they have to think about is people having a consensual hug . He or she needs to get a grip( not in a hug obviously ) and get a life FGS its pathetic.............

walkinman221 16-11-2013 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1084045)
Giz a Hug

:cuddle::cuddle: There you go Frank:D