Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   disgrace (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/disgrace-65358.html)

floodlight 28-11-2013 16:27

disgrace

what the hell is happening to the coppice... it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched.. now there are so called improvements taking place which seem to involve making tame paths which were uncalled for and making a general muddy bog out of it all.. don't tell me it offers access .. I cant climb trees but no one has offered me a gibbon

Neil 29-11-2013 11:22

Re: disgrace

I think the paths they have put on the Coppice are really good. If you want to walk off track there you still can do.

Why would anyone think improving the paths and access is a bad thing?
Do you have some other agenda that your post is leading up to?

Everyone involved is doing a great job and finding funding for some of the work done isn't easy, well done to them I say.

susie123 29-11-2013 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by floodlight (Post 1085666)
what the hell is happening to the coppice... it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched.. now there are so called improvements taking place which seem to involve making tame paths which were uncalled for and making a general muddy bog out of it all.. don't tell me it offers access .. I cant climb trees but no one has offered me a gibbon

Well maybe you can walk around unaided but a lot of folks would welcome a few paths. As for a bog, have you tried laying paving slabs etc? As the saying goes you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs - it will be fine once the dust has settled, to use another cliche.

DtheP47 29-11-2013 13:01

Quote:

The whole purpose of paths is to prevent erosion by people creating their own routes up and down the hillside.

gpick24 29-11-2013 13:13

Quote:

There are lots of places where you can take your dogs for a walk, the area is full of woods, rivers and public footpaths.

Neil 29-11-2013 13:47

Quote:

. it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched..

You need to open your eyes a little and look where we live, there are miles and miles of public footpaths that are muddy and horrible at this time of year if that is your preference

floodlight 29-11-2013 14:44

bloody typical.. the response I expected..

gpick24 29-11-2013 14:48

I haven`t been up the coppice for a few weeks so haven`t seen what they have done but if it`s to improve accessibility for those who struggle to get up there then what`s the problem.

cashman 29-11-2013 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by floodlight (Post 1085774)
bloody typical.. the response I expected..

That means sulking cos no-ones agreed wi yeh.:rolleyes: bloody typical of some folk that.:rolleyes:

floodlight 29-11-2013 15:06

great moving staircases up great gable perhaps while were at it lets get rid of all those tricky places were people find if difficult to get to.. lets make it civilised and easy and doff our caps and tug our forelocks to the funding that has made it possible.. pah I have no need to sulk old timer,, simply because I don't really care what the opinion is

gpick24 29-11-2013 15:25

Some info here of what the plans are -
Peel Park and the Coppice - Improvements to the Coppice
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...2013-_2014.pdf

Seems very little being done at the top, paths leading up to and around, but the main area is not being touched. So still plenty of space for dogs to exercise.

cashman 29-11-2013 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by floodlight (Post 1085778)
great moving staircases up great gable perhaps while were at it lets get rid of all those tricky places were people find if difficult to get to.. lets make it civilised and easy and doff our caps and tug our forelocks to the funding that has made it possible.. pah I have no need to sulk old timer,, simply because I don't really care what the opinion is

That explains exactly what sort of guy yeh are, ME.ME,ME.:rolleyes:

DtheP47 29-11-2013 15:48

Quote:

Maybe you need to broaden your horizons and your mind young fella...?
Have a look at this.
Walk: Bowland Fells (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Gordon Booth 29-11-2013 15:51

Quote:

what the hell is happening to the coppice... it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched..

Why are people walking dogs more important than the majority of us? Most of the people who go up there probably just want a pleasant walk.

don't tell me it offers access ..Why not? It does.

I cant climb trees but no one has offered me a gibbon

No need.You seem quite capable of gibbering yourself.

Quote:

great moving staircases up great gable

What an excellent idea, I haven't been able to get up there for years!

:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 29-11-2013 15:54

At last he has had something to say - must be trying to maintain his average number of posts, 5 per year since he joined:rolleyes: