Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Learn from my mistake (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/learn-from-my-mistake-65392.html)

Atarah 04-12-2013 17:40

Learn from my mistake

Just thought I would share this info. For the first time ever, I decided to treat myself to a pair of snow boots out of a magazine in a Sunday paper. You could pay before or after, so I chose "after", thought I would rather see what I was paying for. They came on Monday, very nice, but all furry inside and I found I couldn't get my foot in, so decided to return (and perhaps think about trying a larger size). Naa then, they don't tell you how expensive it becomes to RETURN them, do they? I packed them up, put their return label on the parcel, toddled off to the Post Office tonight and was told it would cost £8.50 to return them! Shock, horror! So I have just rung them and politely said its a con. The lady apologised and said I could return them by carrier which would probably be cheaper. She gave me the name of myhermes.co.uk - I have just gone on line, they will collect from your home or ... it said if you wanted to take to the company yourself its a bit cheaper, providing of course there is one near where you live.
Guess what, they have premises in Milnshaw lane in Accrington. Now I have learnt something there, so thought I would pass it on.

Use this link https://www.myhermes.co.uk/send-a-parcel?

Eric 04-12-2013 17:46

Re: Learn from my mistake

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 1086351)
Just thought I would share this info. For the first time ever, I decided to treat myself to a pair of snow boots out of a magazine in a Sunday paper. You could pay before or after, so I chose "after", thought I would rather see what I was paying for. They came on Monday, very nice, but all furry inside and I found I couldn't get my foot in, so decided to return (and perhaps think about trying a larger size). Naa then, they don't tell you how expensive it becomes to RETURN them, do they? I packed them up, put their return label on the parcel, toddled off to the Post Office tonight and was told it would cost £8.50 to return them! Shock, horror! So I have just rung them and politely said its a con. The lady apologised and said I could return them by carrier which would probably be cheaper. She gave me the name www.myhermes.com - I have just gone on line, they will collect from your home or ... it said if you wanted to take to the company yourself its a bit cheaper, providing of course there is one near where you live.
Guess what, they have premises in Milnshaw lane in Accrington. Now I have learnt something there, so thought I would pass it on.

Why would you need winter boots in England:confused: If you are desperate, kill a deer, make yourself some mukluks.http://www.manitobah.ca/images/mukluks.jpg

Atarah 04-12-2013 17:58

Cos I work outdoors for 8 hrs at a time and we have been "promised" real Winter weather, that's why :-)

Restless 04-12-2013 18:10

I have been conned recently

I sold my Samsung Galaxy S4 via ebay because I wanted to buy a nexus 5. The guy, an Asian from Birmingham paid via paypal and sent an Englishman to pick up the phone. All was ok, so I thought. Two days later I get a non-recipt claim from paypal saying I haven't sent the phone. Days later they awarded him with his money back. Now I owe paypal £300. :(

DaveinGermany 04-12-2013 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1086358)
Now I owe paypal £300. :(

Ouch! One of the reasons I dislike paypal & fleabay.

Eric 04-12-2013 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 1086356)
real Winter weather

Like this, eh. My son, who lives there, told me on facebook that he had to wear mitts and a toque when he was jogging this morning.:D Oh ... and it ain't even friggin' winter yet.:eek:

CBC News - Local Weather - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Maybe you should get yourself a toque ... :dancedog:

maxthecollie 04-12-2013 19:41

Snow Boots at Boundary Mill £ 7

Less 04-12-2013 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1086353)
Why would you need winter boots in England:confused: If you are desperate, kill a deer, make yourself some mukluks.http://www.manitobah.ca/images/mukluks.jpg

Can you not remember chilblains? I can, had them every winter as a child, everywhere was cold, bedrooms were cold kitchens were cold, the walk to school was cold, even if the coal fire was left going all night, the windows would have frost on them, (single glazed and rattled in the wind).

Well, now we have the pleasure of central heating, double glazing and if sensible warmer clothing to keep the damp chill we get, away from our toes.

I bet your minus twenty is far drier and more pleasant than a winter full of slush, fog and a temperature just right for everyone (ladies included) to catch Man flu!
:o

xavtia 04-12-2013 21:13

If you had ordered them as your usual size and they were not the size then you could send them back as faulty as they were not as advertised. The distance selling regs say you dont have to pay for return postage if the item is faulty only if you have changed you mind. Probably not much use to you now but maybe worth remembering for future reference.

I sent a parcel to uni via myhermes a couple of weeks ago, 2 day delivery took 9 days :( hope yours gets there faster.

Atarah 04-12-2013 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1086375)
snow boots at boundary mill £ 7

oh no!!!!!!!!!

Neil 05-12-2013 01:51

If you work outside why is your company not provide the ppe you need to do your job?

Barrie Yates 05-12-2013 14:05

Quote:

I sold my Samsung Galaxy S4 via ebay because I wanted to buy a nexus 5. The guy, an Asian from Birmingham paid via paypal and sent an Englishman to pick up the phone. All was ok, so I thought. Two days later I get a non-recipt claim from paypal saying I haven't sent the phone. Days later they awarded him with his money back. Now I owe paypal £300. :(

Always arrange your own postage/courier then you have the paperwork to back up your despatch of the item to the buyer - you will have a receipt for proof.

Neil 05-12-2013 14:54

Quote:

Same thing happened to a friend of mine with an xbox.

magpie 05-12-2013 15:56

buy local.... simple as that :-)

Less 05-12-2013 16:00

Learn from my mistake

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 1086429)
buy local.... simple as that :-)

Absolutely if you are going to be disappointed by a product, far better you find it's someone you know that ripped you off.
;)