Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Nelson Mandela (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/nelson-mandela-65398.html)

dotti34 09-12-2013 08:43

Re: Nelson Mandela

[QUOTE=DtheP47;1086743] A bit like the AccyWeb I reckon Margaret with a similar quota of incompetents, moral midgets, clowns, lunatics, dirty finger nails* and outright crooks.

You know what they say, DtheP47: "It takes one to know one".

Boeing Guy 09-12-2013 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1086734)

So according to you and the Catholic Herald:
Quote:

My conclusion was always the same: a third world country is a country where you cannot trust the police, and where the people of the country loathe and fear their police force.
That's a lot better than the United Nations definition, why did I not think of that.:rolleyes:

cashman 09-12-2013 09:37

Quote:
My conclusion was always the same: a third world country is a country where you cannot trust the police, and where the people of the country loathe and fear their police force. ..........................on that basis it makes us a third world country.:rolleyes:

Gordon Booth 09-12-2013 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1086785)
on that basis it makes us a third world country.:rolleyes:

The Chinese certainly think so-'No longer any kind of big country but merely a country of old Europe, suitable for tourism and overseas study'.That's 'The Global Times', the Communist Party's official newspaper. If they say it the political bosses think it.
And that's an opinion that matters a lot in the future.

cashman 09-12-2013 14:10

Yep but some still think were Great Britain.:D:D:D:D

Eric 09-12-2013 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1086785)
Quote:
My conclusion was always the same: a third world country is a country where you cannot trust the police, and where the people of the country loathe and fear their police force. ..........................on that basis it makes us a third world country.:rolleyes:

Really ... surely not the bobbies ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...fDockGreen.jpg

Gordon Booth 09-12-2013 16:39

I just wonder, now that Mandela's calming influence has gone, how long before the ANC(which has some rather unsavory people in it) decides they don't need to be a 'Rainbow Nation' any more. The lot of the bulk of its voters hasn't improved much and they know it, freedom doesn't buy food and land. Zimbabwe's extreme solutions may begin to have more and more appeal.

DAV007 10-12-2013 21:14

the problem is there is no alternative to the ANC
In next years election, the ANC are guaranteed to win.
Its not healthy

westendlass 11-12-2013 13:53

Did anyone see the funky sign language man on stage with all the dignitaries yesterday? He looked like he was translating with attitude. It has just been on BBC News that he was a fake, he was actually stood next to Obama at one point. Bit of an embarrassment for the organisers. Gave me a laugh though.

Barrie Yates 11-12-2013 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1086883)
Its not healthy

Quite possibly because it is still tribal and the Xhosa are the majority, but people still live in hope. I think you have got it in one.

cashman 12-12-2013 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1086883)
Its not healthy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1086945)
Quite possibly because it is still tribal and the Xhosa are the majority, but people still live in hope. I think you have got it in one.

In a nutshell, Twill all kick off big time within 18 months of the ANC being elected i think.:eek: