Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Car Crash (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/car-crash-66651.html)

Barrie Yates 26-10-2014 14:09

Re: Car Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1122121)
Thanks, I think I have seen that before and being annoyed with the Councillor on about traffic calming measures!

When I asked our 2 local councillors about red light cameras they said that was a LCC area of responsibility - how about our LCC councillors taking up this problem. We all see incidents where traffic laws are being flouted, the one thing we don't see are positive comments and action from our councillors, both local and county.

Less 26-10-2014 14:18

Re: Re: Car Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1122129)
When I asked our 2 local councillors about red light cameras they said that was a LCC area of responsibility - how about our LCC councillors taking up this problem. We all see incidents where traffic laws are being flouted, the one thing we don't see are positive comments and action from our councillors, both local and county.

If you read the link DIG put on, a local representative of both Hyndburn and the LCC, could only suggest 'TRAFFIC CALMING', I always thought the legality of stopping at traffic lights is supposed to be, 'TRAFFIC CALMING'?
:confused:

accyman 26-10-2014 16:33

a speed bump god knows how far away from traffic lights will not deter red light jumping

perhaps LCC should transfer the head of their traffic and highways department to something more suitable to his or her capabilities such as litter picking and get someone in on the job who knows what problems drivers face daily

i am in no way a perfect driver but the lack of enforcement is a complete joke in hyndburn. I have on many occasions seen the traffic police sit and watch red light jumpers and do sod all about it even when one almost hit the coppers car

maxthecollie 26-10-2014 16:40

Too much paperwork for the plod.

Eric 26-10-2014 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1122130)
If you read the link DIG put on, a local representative of both Hyndburn and the LCC, could only suggest 'TRAFFIC CALMING', I always thought the legality of stopping at traffic lights is supposed to be, 'TRAFFIC CALMING'?
:confused:

No ... traffic calming is when the heat constructs industrial size bongs at major intersections and forces drivers to take a big hit before proceeding.;)

Less 26-10-2014 18:04

Re: Re: Car Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1122150)
No ... traffic calming is when the heat constructs industrial size bongs at major intersections and forces drivers to take a big hit before proceeding.;)

I remember Charter St, they built chicanes as supposed 'traffic calming' was at a local service garage on that street with my brother as someone tried to make it at their maximum speed, gears gnashing, brakes squealing, car ending up between several posts.
My Bro looked at me and said, 'traffic calming'? Looks more like a chance for some idiot to work out his frustrations, without thinking of the consequences.

Before the chicanes everyone using that street would calmly travel giving way to others, because there were always cars parked either side of the road.

Now? Several parking spaces removed by these concrete idiocy's and no safety whatsoever. I try never to use the road it's so dangerous.
Y

Neil 27-10-2014 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1122142)
a speed bump god knows how far away from traffic lights will not deter red light jumping

perhaps LCC should transfer the head of their traffic and highways department to something more suitable to his or her capabilities such as litter picking and get someone in on the job who knows what problems drivers face daily

i am in no way a perfect driver but the lack of enforcement is a complete joke in hyndburn. I have on many occasions seen the traffic police sit and watch red light jumpers and do sod all about it even when one almost hit the coppers car

Maybe they should have him dragging dead bodies out of cars because he hasn't done his job very well

Neil 27-10-2014 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1122161)
I remember Charter St, they built chicanes as supposed 'traffic calming' was at a local service garage on that street with my brother as someone tried to make it at their maximum speed, gears gnashing, brakes squealing, car ending up between several posts.
My Bro looked at me and said, 'traffic calming'? Looks more like a chance for some idiot to work out his frustrations, without thinking of the consequences.

Before the chicanes everyone using that street would calmly travel giving way to others, because there were always cars parked either side of the road.

Now? Several parking spaces removed by these concrete idiocy's and no safety whatsoever. I try never to use the road it's so dangerous.
Y

Now it is 20mph from Willows Lane to Fielding Lane in Ossy all those other traffic calming measures can be removed. No more seeing rude drivers ignore who has right of way on the chicanes, no more broken springs on Fairfield Street. Just take them all out, unless of course no one is actually doing 20mph because it's completely impractical and unnecessary on most of that stretch.

Studio25 27-10-2014 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122115)
Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos...

You say that as if the press never produces exaggerated reports.

Gremlin 27-10-2014 08:37

Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

"Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos..".

That means I didn't read it in the paper, I was referring to earlier posts in this thread.

accyman 27-10-2014 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1122196)
Maybe they should have him dragging dead bodies out of cars because he hasn't done his job very well

im sure most traffic officers have seen their share of horrific sights but it really dosnt put any confidence in people when they see extreemely dangerous behaviour going on right infront of the police and it been let slide and going unchallenged.

Studio25 28-10-2014 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122199)
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

"Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos..".

That means I didn't read it in the paper, I was referring to earlier posts in this thread.

Sorry- I thought you were implying that comments you read on here are probably exaggerated while those in the press would not be. It's just the way I read it.

Neil 28-10-2014 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1122301)
Sorry- I thought you were implying that comments you read on here are probably exaggerated while those in the press would not be. It's just the way I read it.

Not at all no, I was wondering if anyone had any real first hand info and not the almost nothing the press reported

gpick24 07-03-2015 16:44

10 and a half years prison for the driver.
10 years in jail for uninsured driver who killed two men in Accrington crash (From Lancashire Telegraph)

accyman 07-03-2015 19:41

so thats 5 years in reality

i dont see the point in a 15 year driving ban because even if he does serve the full 10 years its not as though he needs that licence.The ban should start from the day he leaves prison