Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Car Crash (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/car-crash-66651.html)

baldy 11-10-2014 00:19

Car Crash

Big car crash outside Accrington Asda tonight! 2 fatal and another arrested!

Thoughts are with their families! :(

lindsay ormerod 11-10-2014 14:35

Re: Car Crash

Looks like a third person has sadly passed away in hospital following the crash, according to Facebook the three dead are young men from Accrington's Asian community, Councillor Musif Dad has confirmed this. It has also been mentioned that the other car went through a red light at well over the 30mph speed limit and hit the car with the Asian lads in.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of the deceased.

accyman 11-10-2014 17:07

says investigators are looking for the cause of the accident

from the near misses iv seen and had there its most likely red light jumping but the problem will be saying which car jumped red

sadly people have lost their lives because one person couldnt wait a couple of mins

gpick24 11-10-2014 17:18

Car Crash

From the state of the railings and knocked down traffic light, and the pic I was shown today from last night, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that they were travelling at nowhere near the speed limit. The number of idiots on the road today is frightening.

cashman 11-10-2014 17:27

Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack for a long time now,this seems to be ignored by the police. now some have sadly died.:(

lindsay ormerod 11-10-2014 18:26

Latest is that the third injured party is still with us but critical, the 2 fatalities according to NW News were Asian gents in their 40s, but FB is unclear on this and suggests that both were female. It would appear that the car that hit the Vectra was going well over 30mph. Whatever has happened I feel for the families of those involved.

gpick24 11-10-2014 18:40

I`m not sure speculating on what`s been read on facebook is such a good idea, what I do know is the pic I saw wasn`t a vectra, it was an overturned Merc, and that doesn`t happen at 30 mph.

accyman 11-10-2014 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1120481)
Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack for a long time now,this seems to be ignored by the police. now some have sadly died.:(

not just the police Lancashire County Council dont give a stuff about public safety either they just shrug you off when you ring with concerns

Studio25 11-10-2014 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1120479)
...one person couldnt wait a couple of mins

I've just been helping direct traffic at an incident near Whitebirk. Two drivers decided they didn't want to wait one minute for the oncoming traffic to get past the ambulance, and simultaneously started a three-point-turn to head back to Rishton. They didn't bother to check their mirror first, and blocked the inbound blue-light paramedic. Then each waited for the other to get out of the paramedic's way.

maxthecollie 11-10-2014 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1120522)
I've just been helping direct traffic at an incident near Whitebirk. Two drivers decided they didn't want to wait one minute for the oncoming traffic to get past the ambulance, and simultaneously started a three-point-turn to head back to Rishton. They didn't bother to check their mirror first, and blocked the inbound blue-light paramedic. Then each waited for the other to get out of the paramedic's way.

Idiots!

Margaret Pilkington 11-10-2014 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1120527)
Idiots!

That's the polite name for them.

maxthecollie 11-10-2014 20:44

I must not swear on here or I will get repremanded.

Margaret Pilkington 11-10-2014 20:56

is Richard Cranium swearing?

maxthecollie 11-10-2014 20:59

Nice way to put it .

Margaret Pilkington 11-10-2014 21:11

I would have used that terminology too, but Frank knows my Ma and she would slap me silly if she heard me swearing, or using profanity....he might just dob me in :D