Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Car Crash (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/car-crash-66651.html)

baldy 11-10-2014 00:19

Car Crash

Big car crash outside Accrington Asda tonight! 2 fatal and another arrested!

Thoughts are with their families! :(

lindsay ormerod 11-10-2014 14:35

Re: Car Crash

Looks like a third person has sadly passed away in hospital following the crash, according to Facebook the three dead are young men from Accrington's Asian community, Councillor Musif Dad has confirmed this. It has also been mentioned that the other car went through a red light at well over the 30mph speed limit and hit the car with the Asian lads in.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of the deceased.

accyman 11-10-2014 17:07

says investigators are looking for the cause of the accident

from the near misses iv seen and had there its most likely red light jumping but the problem will be saying which car jumped red

sadly people have lost their lives because one person couldnt wait a couple of mins

gpick24 11-10-2014 17:18

Car Crash

From the state of the railings and knocked down traffic light, and the pic I was shown today from last night, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that they were travelling at nowhere near the speed limit. The number of idiots on the road today is frightening.

cashman 11-10-2014 17:27

Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack for a long time now,this seems to be ignored by the police. now some have sadly died.:(

lindsay ormerod 11-10-2014 18:26

Latest is that the third injured party is still with us but critical, the 2 fatalities according to NW News were Asian gents in their 40s, but FB is unclear on this and suggests that both were female. It would appear that the car that hit the Vectra was going well over 30mph. Whatever has happened I feel for the families of those involved.

gpick24 11-10-2014 18:40

I`m not sure speculating on what`s been read on facebook is such a good idea, what I do know is the pic I saw wasn`t a vectra, it was an overturned Merc, and that doesn`t happen at 30 mph.

accyman 11-10-2014 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1120481)
Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack for a long time now,this seems to be ignored by the police. now some have sadly died.:(

not just the police Lancashire County Council dont give a stuff about public safety either they just shrug you off when you ring with concerns

Studio25 11-10-2014 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1120479)
...one person couldnt wait a couple of mins

I've just been helping direct traffic at an incident near Whitebirk. Two drivers decided they didn't want to wait one minute for the oncoming traffic to get past the ambulance, and simultaneously started a three-point-turn to head back to Rishton. They didn't bother to check their mirror first, and blocked the inbound blue-light paramedic. Then each waited for the other to get out of the paramedic's way.

maxthecollie 11-10-2014 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1120522)
I've just been helping direct traffic at an incident near Whitebirk. Two drivers decided they didn't want to wait one minute for the oncoming traffic to get past the ambulance, and simultaneously started a three-point-turn to head back to Rishton. They didn't bother to check their mirror first, and blocked the inbound blue-light paramedic. Then each waited for the other to get out of the paramedic's way.

Idiots!

Margaret Pilkington 11-10-2014 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1120527)
Idiots!

That's the polite name for them.

maxthecollie 11-10-2014 20:44

I must not swear on here or I will get repremanded.

Margaret Pilkington 11-10-2014 20:56

is Richard Cranium swearing?

maxthecollie 11-10-2014 20:59

Nice way to put it .

Margaret Pilkington 11-10-2014 21:11

I would have used that terminology too, but Frank knows my Ma and she would slap me silly if she heard me swearing, or using profanity....he might just dob me in :D

gpick24 11-10-2014 21:15

Car Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1120547)
I would have used that terminology too, but Frank knows my Ma and she would slap me silly if she heard me swearing, or using profanity....he might just dob me in :D

Me too, and my mums a member (not been on for a while though so probably safe) but sometimes you have to just say stuff it, I'm saying it how I'm thinking it

Barrie Yates 11-10-2014 22:47

Hoe about some investment in cameras at the junctions. They will either reduce the number of red light jumpers or swell the coffers - like the ones in London do.

accyman 11-10-2014 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1120565)
Hoe about some investment in cameras at the junctions. They will either reduce the number of red light jumpers or swell the coffers - like the ones in London do.

they have them in huddersfield and other places and trust me as soon as word gets out after a few pics are taken people start stopping at lights

the problem is that our Lancashire County Council thinks it knows better and has a totally opposing view that does not protect the pederstrian or innocent party but the criminal

iv probbably posted this at least 3 times on here already in various threads but just so everyone is clear on LLC's way of thinking ill run it by again

LLC refuse to reactivate and install further red light cameras because when a car goes through a red light and gets flashed this makes the driver of the car brake suddenly resulting in the car behind it rear ending the car that has braked suddenly after been flashed

so in short LLC's concerns lay with not only the person who jumped the red light but also the second person that jumped the same red light to hit the first person who did it..No concern is considered for the person coming the oppsoite way using a green light whos life has been put in danger by the red light jumper.Nor was any concern given for people crossing on a green man whos lives are also put into danger from red light jumpers

did that make sense ?

Studio25 12-10-2014 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1120571)

did that make sense ?

Your explanation makes sense. Their rationale does not.

Gremlin 12-10-2014 08:36

I thought I'd seen it all until yesterday.
A taxi came down from the station (Blackburn road side) and filtered through into the traffic going through the lights towards Blackburn at green while his light was a red.
The taxi had passengers in.

Studio25 12-10-2014 10:15

I'm pretty sure dashcam footage doesn't meet "evidence standards" for the police to prosecute, but I'm sure that if you were able to send video of a taxi running red lights to the council, they would think twice before renewing the private hire licence.

It might even help bring down your own insurance premium. I got my dashcam to film the idiot drivers outside school. On the same day I first used it, I got rear-ended. Then, my son started walking to and from school anyway.

firefighter753 12-10-2014 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1120493)
I`m not sure speculating on what`s been read on facebook is such a good idea, what I do know is the pic I saw wasn`t a vectra, it was an overturned Merc, and that doesn`t happen at 30 mph.

The overturned merc hit the vectra which ended up 30 meters down the road, there were no females involved.

gpick24 12-10-2014 11:42

Car Crash

Don't envy you your job ff when you've to go to stuff like this.

Margaret Pilkington 12-10-2014 12:10

The people like firefighter do the job because they are very special people...but they also like to have an element of adrenaline in their lives......they often get as much out of it as they put into it.
I know this to be true because having been a nurse for almost 30 years...although each day was similar, there was always an element of not knowing what emergency you were going to be asked to deal with next...and this makes the work stimulating.
Sad at times, but stimulating...and there are always the times when these people will make a difference to the outcome of an event which might have tragic consequences.

Less 12-10-2014 14:22

Re: Re: Car Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1120591)
I thought I'd seen it all until yesterday.
A taxi came down from the station (Blackburn road side) and filtered through into the traffic going through the lights towards Blackburn at green while his light was a red.
The taxi had passengers in.

Well I was following a car along Blackburn Rd. We got to the traffic lights at Lonsdale St. Which had been on red long before we got there, he didn't slow down, he accelerated and nearly took the nose off some poor beggar joining the road from Lonsdale St.
Perhaps it's time we all invested in a car cam like studio?

firefighter753 12-10-2014 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1120616)
Don't envy you your job ff when you've to go to stuff like this.

It was one of the worse RTC's I have been to in 28 years. It was absolute carnage, my thoughts are with all the friends and family of those involved.

Barrie Yates 12-10-2014 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1120571)
they have them in huddersfield and other places and trust me as soon as word gets out after a few pics are taken people start stopping at lights

the problem is that our Lancashire County Council thinks it knows better and has a totally opposing view that does not protect the pederstrian or innocent party but the criminal

iv probbably posted this at least 3 times on here already in various threads but just so everyone is clear on LLC's way of thinking ill run it by again

LLC refuse to reactivate and install further red light cameras because when a car goes through a red light and gets flashed this makes the driver of the car brake suddenly resulting in the car behind it rear ending the car that has braked suddenly after been flashed

so in short LLC's concerns lay with not only the person who jumped the red light but also the second person that jumped the same red light to hit the first person who did it..No concern is considered for the person coming the oppsoite way using a green light whos life has been put in danger by the red light jumper.Nor was any concern given for people crossing on a green man whos lives are also put into danger from red light jumpers

did that make sense ?

Perhaps our LCC member will comment on this - HEALTH WARNING Do not hold your breath

Accyexplorer 12-10-2014 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefighter753 (Post 1120612)
The overturned merc hit the vectra which ended up 30 meters down the road, there were no females involved.

"30meters" suggests it was travelling at some pace (I heard 80+mph) driven by one of our Irish community,showing off to friends.

..My thoughts are also with all the family/friends of those involved...so sad :(

accyman 12-10-2014 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1120653)
"30meters" suggests it was travelling at some pace (I heard 80+mph) driven by one of our Irish community,showing off to friends.

..My thoughts are also with all the family/friends of those involved...so sad :(

i heard the driver at fault fled the scene leaving his passengers to fend for themselves

hopefully he will be caught and punished for the death and misery he has caused

cashman 12-10-2014 18:21

Heard it was some kinda race between asian lads n travelers, ?

maxthecollie 12-10-2014 18:33

Wouldn't be suprised.

Accyexplorer 12-10-2014 18:44

Heard the driver tried running off but due to a ankle injury he didn't get far and was arrested not far from the scene (only hearsay).

mani 12-10-2014 23:35

from what i've heard

there were 3 in the vectra which was heading towards asda and the black merc shot through a red light at considerable speed.

sadly aside from the two initial deaths i've heard two more people died.

a gypsy guy did run away from the scene but collapsed a few streets away and was arrested by the police however its thought he was not the driver and the driver is one of the deceased.

this is all third hand stuff I'm sure come monday 9am we'll have more concrete stuff to go thru than just word of mouth.

accyman 13-10-2014 01:20

hopefully LCC and the police will now finally address the problem of red light jumping in hyndburn

if anyone is thinking of calling LCC to see what they are willing to do about road safety and reducing red light jumpers be preppared to be passed around from department to department ,flobbed off onto the police then have the police flobb you back off to the council then pray to whatever god it is you worship that you get the one person in the department that actually knows what a car is

mani 13-10-2014 15:27

I was putting petrol in at asda car park yesterday and just then another idiot doing way past the speed limit shooting past the same spot...

idiots will never learn.

turns out just the two people have died. another is in intensive care and the driver and gypsies have injuries such as broken legs...

accyman 13-10-2014 15:35

dill hall traffic lights are just as bad it wont be long before theres a fatality there and whitebirk is even worse and a messy pile up just begging to happen especially with how quick the lights change

at whitebirk as soon as the light goes red the green is instantly on for the opposite traffic.Theres usually a couple of seconds grace but they change dangerously quick at whitebirk

i once rang the police station and suggested they park a traffic cop at the lights for just 10 mins so they can see for themselves how many people jump red lights and how dangerous the situation is at whitebirk but they just told me to ring LCC who dont care at all about the issue

im not a fusspot i rang the police after an articulated waggon jumped red and nearly killed me and my child in full view of a traffic cop who did absolutely nothing despite witnessing the event

no one is a perfect driver but jumping red should be an instant ban theres absolutely no excuse for jumping red considering the likely results if another car is crossing the junction

Familes have been destroyed because of 1 persons inability to wait and something needs to be done before more families suffer

cashman 13-10-2014 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 1120766)
I was putting petrol in at asda car park yesterday and just then another idiot doing way past the speed limit shooting past the same spot...

idiots will never learn.

turns out just the two people have died. another is in intensive care and the driver and gypsies have injuries such as broken legs...

Thats true Mani, as i said previously Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack fer years, Whilst it shouldn't be so, the police have chosen to ignore this n done sod all about it.:( Quite a few times oer last few years, when i was out wi the dog, i have actually witnessed police cars passing em the opposite way, n the police cars aint been rushing on a call, just normal speed, so i'm sure these idiots think they can get away wi it.

cashman 13-10-2014 16:11

Just read in the L.E.T. councillor Munsif Dad says we need to look at traffic calming measures, Thats great yeh dummy, make all drivers suffer, instead of tackling the problem thats been there fer years.:rolleyes:

accyman 13-10-2014 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1120773)
Just read in the L.E.T. councillor Munsif Dad says we need to look at traffic calming measures, Thats great yeh dummy, make all drivers suffer, instead of tackling the problem thats been there fer years.:rolleyes:

we dont need traffic calming we need traffic punishment

all they will do is stick a few blobs of tarmac down that will rip peoples cars to bits even at 20mph instead of installing the correct things like cameras to catch and punish dangerous drivers

typical response to put a few blobs of tarmac down and ignore the issue.Its about time somone higher up such as our MP got involved and gave LCC a kick up their arse its not as though he dosnt come here and knows about peoples concerns over the lack of law enforcemnt on our roads.People were on about it way before he fell out with the site

where i live cars race past where children play at over 70mph and all LCC have done is put up a sign that tells them how fast they were going and even that pitifull thing is no longer there it kept getting broken because it couldnt handle the amount of speeders and their speeds

Less 13-10-2014 17:54

Well, 11 ish this morning walking into town (bburn rd) and saw another idiot go through the lights on red.
The problem to me was much, worse than I could imagine, he was driving a bus! From what I could see hardly a seat was empty. No-one should be put at such risk for the cost of a bus ride.

mani 13-10-2014 18:28

Its just been announced the funeral for the two guys will be held tomorrow at richmond hill street mosque at half 12.

the police must've been satisfied with the statements given by the other parties for them to allow the burial to go ahead.

hopefully it wont be one of those cases where the families of the suffering are put through a dragged out court case.

Less 13-10-2014 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 1120779)
Its just been announced the funeral for the two guys will be held tomorrow at richmond hill street mosque at half 12.

the police must've been satisfied with the statements given by the other parties for them to allow the burial to go ahead.

hopefully it wont be one of those cases where the families of the suffering are put through a dragged out court case.

Just a shame the families will be left suffering no matter what.
:(

yerself 13-10-2014 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman
we dont need traffic calming we need traffic punishment

Agreed. All we need is enforcement of existing laws.

accyman 13-10-2014 19:12

now that the problem has been highlighted at the great expense of these poor people and their families lets see how LCC react if at all

the chances of a tradgedy like this occuring again can be drastically reduced if LCC get their fingers out of their backsides but all we can do is hope it dosnt take any more deaths for them to do something

Less iv witnessed a taxi/minibus whizzing through red lights full of school children doing the morning school run before now.Red light jumping is a growing problem and its only getting worse with very little been done about it by both LCC and the police

Studio25 13-10-2014 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1120604)
I'm pretty sure dashcam footage doesn't meet "evidence standards" for the police to prosecute <snip>
It might even help bring down your own insurance premium...

It would seem not. Only Swiftcover appear to offer a discount for dashcam users.

gpick24 25-10-2014 07:48

Car Crash

In this weeks observer, the driver has appeared in court charged with 2 counts of causing death by dangerous driving 3 counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He had no licence or insurance.

Michael1954 25-10-2014 09:27

For those of who do not read the Observer, when and where did the incident occur?

gpick24 25-10-2014 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1121988)
For those of who do not read the Observer, when and where did the incident occur?

Outside Asda, the incident this thread was started for.:)

UPDATE: Two men killed in Accrington smash (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Man charged in connection with Accrington double fatal crash (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Michael1954 25-10-2014 09:46

Thanks.

Gremlin 25-10-2014 12:30

I was driving up towards the traffic lights where Dill Hall lane and Hyndburn road cross, the lights started to change to red when I was a hundred yards away and I thought I might just risk crossing but decided against it. The lights were on red when I stopped and the taxi following me changed into the nearside lane, passed me and swerved back into my lane and shot up Dill Hall.
Another incident with the same taxi company happened this week.
I was sat outside the old tax office on what I call Castle street waiting to go straight ahead and to Burnley road. An elderly lady was showing a young child how to operate the pedestrian crossing lights and they walked across on green for them.
They had to stop in the refuge in the middle of the road because those lights were on red for them.
We started away and the pedestrian lights for the lady and child turned green so they could continue across the other lane.
Just as they put their feet into the road the taxi along side me did a U turn at the lights and nearly ploughed into them. He blew his horn long and loud and shouted abuse at them.
The sign clearly says No U turns, and the pedestrian was in the right crossing when her light was green.

That is why I only ever use one taxi firm in Accrington and it is not that one.

Me a racist, I don't deny it. And while we are on that subject I've seen one of our Forum members twice in a month parked half on the footpath and half in the road right on the traffic lights bottom of Willows lane.

accyman 25-10-2014 12:45

sory to correct you gremlin but its not illigal to do that on blackburn road or surrounding areas.The zigzags, yellow lines etc are purely for decrotive use only

the problem however has now spread to surrounding areas where road markings are now only decorative and you will find the same disregard for the rules and safety in all areas of hyndburn

Gremlin 25-10-2014 12:58

Thanks for the information, I must brush up on my highway code. I passed my driving test in 1957 and I admit to still trying to behave legally and in a safe manner on our public roads.

Studio25 25-10-2014 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122011)
I was driving up towards the traffic lights where Dill Hall lane and Hyndburn road cross, the lights started to change to red when I was a hundred yards away and I thought I might just risk crossing but decided against it. The lights were on red when I stopped and the taxi following me changed into the nearside lane, passed me and swerved back into my lane and shot up Dill Hall...

That's happened to me a couple of times (not at that particular junction) when the occupants of the second car behind me were the police (not the band).

Twice in 25 or so years of driving isn't a lot, but it's extremely satisfying, and worth getting a dashcam for just in case it happens again. :)

gpick24 25-10-2014 13:47

I`ve nearly been run over twice recently by cars coming down dunkenhalgh way doing a u-turn at dill hall lights to go back towards the motorway.

Accyexplorer 25-10-2014 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122011)
Me a racist, I don't deny it.

I admire your honesty G,but :nono8:

gpick24 25-10-2014 16:24

Car Crash

Perhaps you Mis-read, or i didn't make it clear enough. I was the pedestrian, I was crossing when green man was lit so I was in the right. They did a u-turn from the other side when they shouldn't have done.

Gordon Booth 25-10-2014 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1122047)
I admire your honesty G,but :nono8:

You're making assumptions.
He didn't deny it but he didn't admit it either!

Accyexplorer 25-10-2014 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1122049)
You're making assumptions.
He didn't deny it but he didn't admit it either!

:rolleyes:..... :gooddog:

gpick24 25-10-2014 16:46

Whoops my bad, thought you were referring to my post, an easy mistake when you use an initial instead of a name .:o

Neil 25-10-2014 18:13

Which taxi firm and which member?
I see Central taxi's turn up the no entry buses only on Abbey Street (or is that bit Whalley Road) often. They also don't understand what the double yellow lines mean outside The Broadway or the no return within 1 hour outside their place.
To be fair ish to them I see lots of other people do it as well but as so called professional drivers they should no better.

There is a massive need for traffic enforcement in Hyndburn, the Police are letting us down.

Gremlin 25-10-2014 19:28

Taxi firm Max,
Member, just bought an empty pub.
At least the taxi drivers give us an excuse to break the law.
My friend picked her daughter up from Healeys/Lilly Mayes recently and did a uturn under the arch back to Hyndburn road.
The police were on the cinema car park and pulled her over.
She admitted she had done the upturn and told the police she saw the sign and knew she should not have done it.
When asked why, she told them she thought it was OK because every time she waits outside the restaurant at night the Asian taxi drivers do it all the time.
They told her to get off home.
Maybe we could use that excuse for any other traffic offences and see if the police start taking action.
I'm not going to be the first to try.
I'm a heterosexual, tax paying, white, English born, law abiding citizen, and a 76 year old Yorkshireman.

maxthecollie 25-10-2014 20:07

The taxis from that firm treat the end of our drive like a taxi rank, when the school is coming out.

Gremlin 25-10-2014 20:18

It's not the taxis Frank. They are inanimate objects.

It's the mongrels behind the wheel that point them in the general direction they think they should go.

gpick24 25-10-2014 20:19

Car Crash

Syd you naughty boy.

Gremlin 25-10-2014 20:40

I might just amend my previous statement.
It was the members car, who had parked it I do not know.

The trouble with personal number plates is people know who's car it is, that's why I behave.

Gordon Booth 25-10-2014 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122067)
I'm a heterosexual, tax paying, white, English born, law abiding citizen, and a 76 year old Yorkshireman.

Don't feel bad, none of us can chose where we're born.;)

Guinness 25-10-2014 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1122062)
Which taxi firm and which member?
I see Central taxi's turn up the no entry buses only on Abbey Street (or is that bit Whalley Road) often. They also don't understand what the double yellow lines mean outside The Broadway or the no return within 1 hour outside their place.
To be fair ish to them I see lots of other people do it as well but as so called professional drivers they should no better.

There is a massive need for traffic enforcement in Hyndburn, the Police are letting us down.

Let me dissect this post like you usually do..

Have you evidence of Central Taxis doing this? Have you reported this to the police? Did you take their number and report tham to the licensing authority? Has there been any consequence to Central taxis or response to you?

What makes you assume that they dont understand double yellow lines/no return? Have you spoken to them? Do they have learning disabilities? Have you pointed this out to the relevant authorities?

On what basis do you claim that there is a 'massive need' for traffic enforcement and police letting us down'?

With regard to the professional driver comment, seem to recall in the dim and distant past arguing with you about selfish drivers jumping the queue on motorways by ignoring the lane closure ahead sign until the very last minute and forcing your way in which you thought was perfectly acceptable???

Gremlin 25-10-2014 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1122078)
Don't feel bad, none of us can chose where we're born.;)

I don't feel bad about where I was born, only where I chose to live for the love of a good woman.
:tongueout

Margaret Pilkington 25-10-2014 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1122081)
Let me dissect this post like you usually do..

Have you evidence of Central Taxis doing this? Have you reported this to the police? Did you take their number and report tham to the licensing authority? Has there been any consequence to Central taxis or response to you?

What makes you assume that they dont understand double yellow lines/no return? Have you spoken to them? Do they have learning disabilities? Have you pointed this out to the relevant authorities?

On what basis do you claim that there is a 'massive need' for traffic enforcement and police letting us down'?

With regard to the professional driver comment, seem to recall in the dim and distant past arguing with you about selfish drivers jumping the queue on motorways by ignoring the lane closure ahead sign until the very last minute and forcing your way in which you thought was perfectly acceptable???

Sometimes all you need is the evidence of you own observations......and you can deduce the rest.

accyman 25-10-2014 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1122062)

the problem is some clown in government a few years ago decided to make the majority of traffic law the councils problem especially illigal parking taking the job away from the police.Basically now after 5pm theres virtually no one enforcing the law as the police no longer see it as their job. Its not that they cant issue tickets and fines its simply from what i have personally witnessed they are too damn lazy and unwilling to take over from the traffic wardens after 5pm with very few exceptions to that.

lancashire county council are just as bad they would rather protect the red light jumper than the child using a crossing as it is taught to keep it safe and using the green man to cross.

i hate to sound calous but without knowing teh figures required it seems enough people havnt died yet to warrant lancashire county councils attention

withthat tradgedy at asda Lancashire county council will focus on that the driver had no licence rather than look at the problem of red light jumping which is becoming a problem to the point there may as well be no lights at all

Gremlin 26-10-2014 08:01

This thread started out about the car crash outside ASDA.
Just spare a thought for a moment for the people who had to deal with the aftermath.
I know quite well the gentleman who had to remove the bodies and although I would never ask him about it I know he was affected and had a few restless nights.
The ambulance men, firemen and policemen didn't have a pleasant job either, all through one illiterate clown who had no respect for the law.
Also give a thought for those absolute low life scum who had to be stopped from trying to take photographs of the bodies on their phones. Then again those sort aren't worth scraping off the sole of your shoes.

Neil 26-10-2014 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122107)
This thread started out about the car crash outside ASDA.
Just spare a thought for a moment for the people who had to deal with the aftermath.
I know quite well the gentleman who had to remove the bodies and although I would never ask him about it I know he was affected and had a few restless nights.
The ambulance men, firemen and policemen didn't have a pleasant job either, all through one illiterate clown who had no respect for the law.
Also give a thought for those absolute low life scum who had to be stopped from trying to take photographs of the bodies on their phones. Then again those sort aren't worth scraping off the sole of your shoes.

Do you know how the accident was caused? I haven't seen and real explanation as to what happened in the news yet.

Gremlin 26-10-2014 09:45

Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos.
It was just the carnage and aftermath my friend had to deal with.

DaveinGermany 26-10-2014 09:52

What the paper has to say:-

UPDATE: Two men killed in Accrington smash (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Neil 26-10-2014 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1122116)

Thanks, I think I have seen that before and being annoyed with the Councillor on about traffic calming measures!

Barrie Yates 26-10-2014 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1122121)
Thanks, I think I have seen that before and being annoyed with the Councillor on about traffic calming measures!

When I asked our 2 local councillors about red light cameras they said that was a LCC area of responsibility - how about our LCC councillors taking up this problem. We all see incidents where traffic laws are being flouted, the one thing we don't see are positive comments and action from our councillors, both local and county.

Less 26-10-2014 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1122129)
When I asked our 2 local councillors about red light cameras they said that was a LCC area of responsibility - how about our LCC councillors taking up this problem. We all see incidents where traffic laws are being flouted, the one thing we don't see are positive comments and action from our councillors, both local and county.

If you read the link DIG put on, a local representative of both Hyndburn and the LCC, could only suggest 'TRAFFIC CALMING', I always thought the legality of stopping at traffic lights is supposed to be, 'TRAFFIC CALMING'?
:confused:

accyman 26-10-2014 16:33

a speed bump god knows how far away from traffic lights will not deter red light jumping

perhaps LCC should transfer the head of their traffic and highways department to something more suitable to his or her capabilities such as litter picking and get someone in on the job who knows what problems drivers face daily

i am in no way a perfect driver but the lack of enforcement is a complete joke in hyndburn. I have on many occasions seen the traffic police sit and watch red light jumpers and do sod all about it even when one almost hit the coppers car

maxthecollie 26-10-2014 16:40

Too much paperwork for the plod.

Eric 26-10-2014 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1122130)
If you read the link DIG put on, a local representative of both Hyndburn and the LCC, could only suggest 'TRAFFIC CALMING', I always thought the legality of stopping at traffic lights is supposed to be, 'TRAFFIC CALMING'?
:confused:

No ... traffic calming is when the heat constructs industrial size bongs at major intersections and forces drivers to take a big hit before proceeding.;)

Less 26-10-2014 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1122150)
No ... traffic calming is when the heat constructs industrial size bongs at major intersections and forces drivers to take a big hit before proceeding.;)

I remember Charter St, they built chicanes as supposed 'traffic calming' was at a local service garage on that street with my brother as someone tried to make it at their maximum speed, gears gnashing, brakes squealing, car ending up between several posts.
My Bro looked at me and said, 'traffic calming'? Looks more like a chance for some idiot to work out his frustrations, without thinking of the consequences.

Before the chicanes everyone using that street would calmly travel giving way to others, because there were always cars parked either side of the road.

Now? Several parking spaces removed by these concrete idiocy's and no safety whatsoever. I try never to use the road it's so dangerous.
Y

Neil 27-10-2014 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1122142)
a speed bump god knows how far away from traffic lights will not deter red light jumping

perhaps LCC should transfer the head of their traffic and highways department to something more suitable to his or her capabilities such as litter picking and get someone in on the job who knows what problems drivers face daily

i am in no way a perfect driver but the lack of enforcement is a complete joke in hyndburn. I have on many occasions seen the traffic police sit and watch red light jumpers and do sod all about it even when one almost hit the coppers car

Maybe they should have him dragging dead bodies out of cars because he hasn't done his job very well

Neil 27-10-2014 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1122161)
I remember Charter St, they built chicanes as supposed 'traffic calming' was at a local service garage on that street with my brother as someone tried to make it at their maximum speed, gears gnashing, brakes squealing, car ending up between several posts.
My Bro looked at me and said, 'traffic calming'? Looks more like a chance for some idiot to work out his frustrations, without thinking of the consequences.

Before the chicanes everyone using that street would calmly travel giving way to others, because there were always cars parked either side of the road.

Now? Several parking spaces removed by these concrete idiocy's and no safety whatsoever. I try never to use the road it's so dangerous.
Y

Now it is 20mph from Willows Lane to Fielding Lane in Ossy all those other traffic calming measures can be removed. No more seeing rude drivers ignore who has right of way on the chicanes, no more broken springs on Fairfield Street. Just take them all out, unless of course no one is actually doing 20mph because it's completely impractical and unnecessary on most of that stretch.

Studio25 27-10-2014 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122115)
Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos...

You say that as if the press never produces exaggerated reports.

Gremlin 27-10-2014 08:37

Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

"Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos..".

That means I didn't read it in the paper, I was referring to earlier posts in this thread.

accyman 27-10-2014 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1122196)
Maybe they should have him dragging dead bodies out of cars because he hasn't done his job very well

im sure most traffic officers have seen their share of horrific sights but it really dosnt put any confidence in people when they see extreemely dangerous behaviour going on right infront of the police and it been let slide and going unchallenged.

Studio25 28-10-2014 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1122199)
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

"Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos..".

That means I didn't read it in the paper, I was referring to earlier posts in this thread.

Sorry- I thought you were implying that comments you read on here are probably exaggerated while those in the press would not be. It's just the way I read it.

Neil 28-10-2014 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1122301)
Sorry- I thought you were implying that comments you read on here are probably exaggerated while those in the press would not be. It's just the way I read it.

Not at all no, I was wondering if anyone had any real first hand info and not the almost nothing the press reported

gpick24 07-03-2015 16:44

10 and a half years prison for the driver.
10 years in jail for uninsured driver who killed two men in Accrington crash (From Lancashire Telegraph)

accyman 07-03-2015 19:41

so thats 5 years in reality

i dont see the point in a 15 year driving ban because even if he does serve the full 10 years its not as though he needs that licence.The ban should start from the day he leaves prison

Rowlf 07-03-2015 20:38

Here here. I don't understand why any sentence is not fully served. 10 years should mean 10years, 5 years should be 5years. I would not let someone who has killed somebody with dangerous driving, especially if they were not insured, ever have a licence again. They should be banned for life end of.

gpick24 07-03-2015 20:44

Agree also, on both, a sentence of 10 years should be 10 years with good behaviour extended if they cause trouble inside and driving ban should start when they come out.

accyman 10-03-2015 14:53

is there a breakdown of why the judge gave what he did and for what he got the 10 years for because 10 years seems very leniant not only for killing two people but the other passengers who are still recovering or may never fully recover from his actions

seems to me hes got 10 years for killing two people but if you live its not such a crime

not only has this clown killed two people but theres going to be alot of compensation paid out to these victims and i doubt this moron will be paying apenny of it himself so he should serve time to pay back that as well

so when all things are considered 10 years is disgustingly leniant for taking two lives and a damn sight worse when all things are considered

gpick24 10-03-2015 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1135714)
is there a breakdown of why the judge gave what he did and for what he got the 10 years for because 10 years seems very leniant not only for killing two people but the other passengers who are still recovering or may never fully recover from his actions

seems to me hes got 10 years for killing two people but if you live its not such a crime

not only has this clown killed two people but theres going to be alot of compensation paid out to these victims and i doubt this moron will be paying apenny of it himself so he should serve time to pay back that as well

so when all things are considered 10 years is disgustingly leniant for taking two lives and a damn sight worse when all things are considered

From the link I posted the other day -
"He was sentenced to 10 and a half years for both charges of causing death by dangerous driving, as well as three-and-a-half years concurrent for causing serious injury, 18 months concurrent for two counts of causing death by dangerous driving while uninsured and three months concurrent for failure to stop at the scene of an accident."

I don`t see the point of concurrent sentences.

KiTChener 10-03-2015 16:59

Exactly, nearly 16 yrs, condensed down by nearly a third, of which he will serve half at most!!

Studio25 11-03-2015 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1135714)
...theres going to be alot of compensation paid out to these victims...

What makes you think that?

cashman 11-03-2015 08:55

Common sense i imagine.

accyman 11-03-2015 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1135772)

criminal injuries board or the motor insurance bureau i think the insurace cover is called for when you are hit by an uninsured driver which gets funds from all insurance companies to help them that are victims of uninsured drivers

i was hit by a hit and run driver and although they didnt pay for teh damage to my car they did compensate the kids and myself for injuries

Studio25 11-03-2015 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1135779)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1135772)

criminal injuries board or the motor insurance bureau i think the insurace cover is called for when you are hit by an uninsured driver which gets funds from all insurance companies to help them that are victims of uninsured drivers

Just been looking into this a bit further - it would be his own insurers if he'd been insured, but it's the MIB that will pay out to the families - because he wasn't. So instead of an individual company's customers having to foot the bill, it resides with all insured drivers.

My query from your post wasn't clear - my apologies. It was the "a lot" part I was wondering about.

You'd be surprised how little value is put on a life by the insurance companies.

accyman 11-03-2015 16:29

i couldnt say the amount it varies

i know for example that a single male in his 20s with no children killed by a drunk driver will only get funeral expenses and his parents or sister/brotehr get nothing as i know of an instance where this happened

regardless of who pays it money will be paid and this moron will not have to pay a penny most likely.I would like to see extra years added on when the final payments are made to his victims if he can not pay the amount himself out of his own pocket or from sale of his property if he has any

courts are still way too soft on uninsured drivers and unlicenced drivers.As far as im concerned if you get behind the wheel of a car without a licence you are intending on killing someone as you have not got the required training to operate a very dangerous bit of gear.I think not having a licence is just as bad as driving a car drunk