Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   M&S Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/m-and-s-accrington-66897.html)

BOB 30-12-2014 12:39

M&S Accrington

M&S In Accrington to shut in the spring all food staff will moved to new store in Rawtenstall

Neil 30-12-2014 12:57

Re: M&S Accrington

Thats almost right, here is a link to the story

M&S Accrington store to close - Accrington Observer

Stumped 30-12-2014 18:09

Just another nail in Accrington's coffin. Sad, but inevitable as the town declines further and further into the abyss which Hyndburn Council has unerringly created by it's apathetic approach to the needs of those they purport to represent.

cashman 30-12-2014 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 1127766)
Just another nail in Accrington's coffin. Sad, but inevitable as the town declines further and further into the abyss which Hyndburn Council has unerringly created by it's apathetic approach to the needs of those they purport to represent.

Thats what i call "A nail on the head";)

stetrovers 30-12-2014 18:41

Devastating, maybe Ossy Mills will do the same as when Woolworth's shut down, and take on the vacated unit.

DtheP47 30-12-2014 18:54

Mrs P unconsolable....... no more £10 meal deals !!!

Rowlf 30-12-2014 19:22

What a bomb shell. Cannot understand why they think Rawtenstall will be better than Accy. I think it will have a great influence on the takings at other shops too sadly. Hope M&S live to regret the decision.

accyman 30-12-2014 19:39

i think M&S should be commended on sticking it out as long as they did.It wasnt too long ago they nearly went bust like woolworths and they could have easily shut the accrington branch but decided to keep it going

its just a pitty the council didnt support the traders and continues not to support them by allowing the town center to fall further and further down the crapper

where are all these councilors that pointed fingers at the tory lot saying they could do a better job?

could you imagine walking around accy considering starting a buisness never mind finding teh desire to keep on going?

how lancsdave has put up with it as long as he has ought to get him a medal

lancsdave 30-12-2014 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1127782)
Cannot understand why they think Rawtenstall will be better than Accy.

Because the most frequent bus service out of Accrington is the one to Rawtenstall :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1127787)
how lancsdave has put up with it as long as he has ought to get him a medal

No medals needed, I have a plan, unlike the council :)

accyman 30-12-2014 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1127794)

No medals needed, I have a plan, unlike the council :)

has anyone told the council that "operation stand in a meeting patting each other on the back like nothings wrong" isnt working ?

or has operation "stick your head in the sand" been given the green light ?

all joking aside dave its a bloomin shame the coucnil offers no support at all for people trying to make a honest living

westendlass 30-12-2014 21:03

It seems to me that nobody on Hyndburn council gives a monkeys about Accrington town centre. What a wasteland it has become from the days when it was a thriving little town. Is it something to do with the big supermarkets that surround the town now? Money talks when it comes to big business and ,I think, the little man can go and swivel in their eyes. Whats the point in the new bus station too? Accy is in its death throws.

accyman 30-12-2014 21:57

from postings on facebook at least one councilor has made the effort to talk to the traders its just a pitty the mojority of them arnt the same

if at least 51% of councilors were willing to do something they could but sadly it seems not enough of them have a say so get outvoted

KiTChener 30-12-2014 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1127798)
Whats the point in the new bus station too?

To take shoppers to Rawtenstall!!

stetrovers 30-12-2014 23:17

Accrington needs a sparkling new bus station so it can be admired as we all leave to shop in neighbouring town's. Can't wait for the Manchester train service to come too. So much to look forward to... :pain30:

DtheP47 31-12-2014 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1127794)
Because the most frequent bus service out of Accrington is the one to Rawtenstall :)

I can't see 1) people catching the bus to the valley in any great numbers or 2) it even figuring in M & S's plans, ld.
Be interesting to see how big a car park they will build if any.