Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Bulldozing world history (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/bulldozing-world-history-67125.html)

Burningman 07-03-2015 16:50

Bulldozing world history

S is now systematically bulldozing the ancient world heritage sites of Hatra and Nimrud in Iraq. I cannot find word of utter contempt strong enough to condemn these vermin. I 4000 years of history, art and culture is being ground to dust by these ignorant cockroaches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqIadf9e848

cashman 07-03-2015 16:55

Re: Bulldozing world history

I agree burningman, personally i think all the civilised countries should band together and wipe isis from the planet. They have no regard at all for human life, so fight fire with fire.

Morecambe Ex Pat 08-03-2015 06:41

They will be difficult to wipe out as they pop their heads up, carry out an atrocity and then mingle back amongst the innocent, like the cowards they are. The Middle East is no better now than it was before the second Gulf War. The first Gulf war was in response to a direct act of aggression where Saddam had his backside kicked and warned not to invade any other countries.

As for the IS muppets, they are destroying history but I wonder how future generations will view them and their actions.

westendlass 08-03-2015 13:28

Isis are an abomination to the human race, evil personified. The terrible destruction of these ancient artefacts won't bother them when they can torture and behead human beings without a conscience. Ignorant, uneducated, brainwashed scum.

Eric 08-03-2015 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1135488)

As for the IS muppets, they are destroying history but I wonder how future generations will view them and their actions.

But the memories of "future generations" are usually short, and selective. In fact, 95% is probably not too far off in this case.:D Not too many now give a thought to Louvain and Monte Cassino. Sure this stuff is annoying; but personally I think that it shouldn't deflect our attention from the major problem: IS can't destroy history ... just the artifacts ... but they can really [deleted] up the future if they ain't stopped. Difficulty is, they are not somewhere "over there, in the middle east; they are here, there and everywhere.

We can't let them destroy the important things: our heritage, our history, our values and beliefs ... you know, the stuff that all of us have taken for granted for so long. They are attacking who we are. Don't know about anyone else, but I like living in a democratic constitutional monarchy, where we do have some say in how we are governed, and have laws that are applied equally ... and all the other good shiite (I don't want to get Churchillian:D)

Margaret Pilkington 08-03-2015 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1135521)
But the memories of "future generations" are usually short, and selective. In fact, 95% is probably not too far off in this case.:D Not too many now give a thought to Louvain and Monte Cassino. Sure this stuff is annoying; but personally I think that it shouldn't deflect our attention from the major problem: IS can't destroy history ... just the artifacts ... but they can really [deleted] up the future if they ain't stopped. Difficulty is, they are not somewhere "over there, in the middle east; they are here, there and everywhere.

We can't let them destroy the important things: our heritage, our history, our values and beliefs ... you know, the stuff that all of us have taken for granted for so long. They are attacking who we are. Don't know about anyone else, but I like living in a democratic constitutional monarchy, where we do have some say in how we are governed, and have laws that are applied equally ... and all the other good shiite (I don't want to get Churchillian:D)

Hammer..nail...direct hit. Spot on Eric.

accyman 08-03-2015 15:46

i find it kind of worrying that this gets the british media attention yet the slaying of thousands of innocent people because it was easier to do a mass killing than convert them to islam dosnt

Accyexplorer 08-03-2015 19:07

Would these archaeological sites still be in existence if the US and UK had not launched an (illegal) invasion followed by an incompetent occupation? Hmmm
IMO the UK and the US are guilty of unnecessarily and (illegally) kick starting the chain of events which have now led to the eradication of a key part of world history.
If only the Brits, Frogs and German imperialists had been able to loot more than they did in the 19th century :hidewall:

accyman 08-03-2015 19:51

tony blair and bush are directly responsible for the whole mess regarding IS , alquida and their ilk

sadam may have been a monster but our government only decided to get rid of him once he refused to play ball with them and do as they demanded.If sadam had continued to murder people but keep the uk and usa happy he would still be in power today slaughtering those that opposed him

sadam only became a monster to the UK when he stopped been a monster in the way the UK wanted him to be

the current government dosnt seem to be doing much to wipe IS out and i doubt a labour government would either.IS is not a small band of people doing bad things they are a very large number of people who eventually will seize control of some nasty weapons if not taken care of and they wont be fussy about who they use them against

Less 08-03-2015 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1135545)
Would these archaeological sites still be in existence if the US and UK had not launched an (illegal) invasion followed by an incompetent occupation? Hmmm
IMO the UK and the US are guilty of unnecessarily and (illegally) kick starting the chain of events which have now led to the eradication of a key part of world history.
If only the Brits, Frogs and German imperialists had been able to loot more than they did in the 19th century :hidewall:

Don't you come up with some sh'ite?[emoji15]

Margaret Pilkington 08-03-2015 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1135545)

So have I got this right? You are blaming us for the destruction of these sites?

How many ordinary men in the street were complicit in sanctioning military action?
Before you answer, I will tell you....none.
The government of the time( Labour wasn't it) headed by the hubristic Tony Blair decided what was to happen.
All so that the said Mr Blair could go down in history...if you really want to blame someone then start there, but do not blame the British people in general...they were totally against military action.....and many politicians were bamboozled into believing the lies told to them, and those that did not,were bullied into supporting the government of the day.
The artefacts have been destroyed, but the history still remains....but then we learn nothing at all from history do we?

Margaret Pilkington 08-03-2015 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1135550)
Don't you come up with some sh'ite?[emoji15]

Less, I have to agree with you!

Less 08-03-2015 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1135556)
Less, I have to agree with you!

Thank you Margaret for agreeing with me, if only we could stop him posting, WHY? Why? Because I for one am fed up with his contrary attitude, even anything goes can't be posted in without his mind blowing stench, congratulations to him, he is killing the site without any mind power.

I for one have stopped posting threads because his idiocy ruins everything.

Perhaps it's time we had moderators with the balls to ban him because he ruins the site for everyone else?[emoji33]

cashman 08-03-2015 20:53

Best way i reckon is just not take him on at all, difficult i know, but i'm trying hard.:D

Less 08-03-2015 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1135566)
Best way i reckon is just not take him on at all, difficult i know, but i'm trying hard.:D

I understand exactly what you say, however we can't have any form of conversation without his ridiculous input, if only he understood what he's posting we'd stand a chance, as it is, sadly, he takes the site to its lowest low without any of our help.[emoji32]