Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

accyman 25-02-2016 09:41

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
looks like i was sorta right earlier on when i said the deal with the EU cameron is bragging about wouldnt last long if we stay in

turns out none of the agreement cameron came to is legally binding and can be over ruled in a heartbeat even if all the other counties agree it can be overturned by the European court

cameron spouted nothing but meaningless words to try and trick the nation in to thinking things would change when they wont

now i may just be thick accringtonian whos brain cant grasp the complexity of the EU but people a lot smarter than me have said this

DaveinGermany 25-02-2016 19:28

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
And then there's this

EU burying power-grab laws until AFTER referendum | UK | News | Daily Express

If people are foolish enough to vote "stay", then after the referendum the UK are going to be put through the wringer by a vindictive, spiteful EU hierarchy out to get their pond of flesh & then some. All to put us uppity little islanders back in our box & teach us & anyone else with ideas of reform that there is no freedoms only those the EU upper echelons allow us.

If that's what you want, then tick the box, but if you've any hope for your future freedoms & those of your kith & kin, it can only realistically be 100% out!

JCB 25-02-2016 20:18

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
According to today's Observer's interpretation of Graham Jones' views , and you all know not to rely too much on the veracity of the Accrington Observer , well I'll quote the rag......" The Hyndburn and Haslingden MP Graham Jones told the Observer that he would be voting to stay in the EU , despite wanting to withdraw . "

That's a bit puzzling to me .

Margaret Pilkington 25-02-2016 20:51

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
I noted today that the UK government have applied to the EU to get some funding for the folk affected by the floods over the Christmas period.
Now my cynical and warped mind wonders if this ploy has an ulterior motive......folk getting funded(even if it is ten miles down the track) might just be softened up into voting with the 'stay' camp.

JCB......yes that is puzzling.
Maybe what he means is that he would like to vote with the 'outers' but has been told by his party what to do.....that is to vote to stay.

Yes, Son.....I firmly believe that whichever way we vote the peevish and spiteful Organisation that is the EU will try its best to find ways to punish us for having the audacity to stand up against it....to try to take back our own independence.
I am off again now to hide from this subject.

accyman 25-02-2016 22:20

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1162260)
According to today's Observer's interpretation of Graham Jones' views , and you all know not to rely too much on the veracity of the Accrington Observer , well I'll quote the rag......" The Hyndburn and Haslingden MP Graham Jones told the Observer that he would be voting to stay in the EU , despite wanting to withdraw . "

That's a bit puzzling to me .

jesus christ id fell better represented if he flipped a coin when making decisions

Barrie Yates 25-02-2016 23:57

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1162238)
And then there's this

EU burying power-grab laws until AFTER referendum | UK | News | Daily Express

If people are foolish enough to vote "stay", then after the referendum the UK are going to be put through the wringer by a vindictive, spiteful EU hierarchy out to get their pond of flesh & then some. All to put us uppity little islanders back in our box & teach us & anyone else with ideas of reform that there is no freedoms only those the EU upper echelons allow us.

If that's what you want, then tick the box, but if you've any hope for your future freedoms & those of your kith & kin, it can only realistically be 100% out!

Yes DinG, I saw how they were delaying a vote on increasing the unaudited EU budget by 7 billion or E per year because they don't want it to have any effect upon our referendum. A number of EU leaders are already saying that nothing will change for UK, but at least one other country is to hold a referendum to determine whether they reject the Merky immigrant quotas.There are so many instances of information being spouted about staying that is inaccurate - and the Stay lot are even forging documents in an attempt to garner support.

Margaret Pilkington 26-02-2016 07:06

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
A member of the top brass military was supposed to have signed a letter to say that our safety and security is at risk if we vote to leave the EU.
It turns out that he did NOT sign this document, and furthermore he feels that we would be safer out of the EU.
Of the 100 FTSE companies who signed a letter saying we will be impoverished if we leave the EU, it turns out that a large proportion of these companies have a vested interest in remaining in the EU because they get money from this corrupt organisation.
I have just listened to some woman on Sky news spouting a load of twaddle about the Schengen Zone. She said that as we are not part of it, we will be protected against migrants coming here, but if we leave the EU then the border will shift from Calais to Dover.....that migrant camps would appear in towns along the south coast was what was implied.

The Schengen Zone would not protect us if the EU gives migrants passports.....they would be allowed free let into this country by the very fact that they have an EU passport......so, it follows that more would come here.

When trying to sift the wheat from the chaff of information you have to look beyond the face value of what you are being told.....ask yourself why this person is telling you this, ask if they have a vested interest......and ALL POLITICIANS whatever their shade of political opinion have a vested interest......staying in gives them someone else to blame for anything that goes wrong....With the economy, with security, with housing, with the NHS, with benefit, with every aspect of your life.

Consider your vote carefully,because this is the last chance we will ever have to take charge of our own destiny.

Less 26-02-2016 08:50

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1162260)
According to today's Observer's interpretation of Graham Jones' views , and you all know not to rely too much on the veracity of the Accrington Observer , well I'll quote the rag......" The Hyndburn and Haslingden MP Graham Jones told the Observer that he would be voting to stay in the EU , despite wanting to withdraw . "

That's a bit puzzling to me .

I suspect that well over 95% of us will be puzzled by such a statement, nothing new about that, after all he has told us we know nowt.

I would like to make my own statement, I would like to see a Labour M.P. voted in at the next elections but not if it's this guy.

Morecambe Ex Pat 26-02-2016 09:50

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
I asked our local MP (CON) if the same level of benefits is available in all member states of the EU, this is his reply.

"When you say "the same level of" benefits, then the answer is no. The terms, conditions and amounts of benefits payable in each EU member state is decided by the Parliament of that EU member state, and the nationality of the recipient, so long as they are an EU citizen, will have no reflection on the terms, conditions and amount of benefits payable. It is for individual states to decide the nature of the "in work" benefit an employee can receive."

Now you don't need a degree in medieval Greek to work out, that because the levels of our benefits are higher than many other member countries, we are a preferred destination and therefore at a disadvantage.

The EU directive on this matter states:-
"This entails the right not to be discriminated against on the grounds of nationality as regards access to employment, remuneration and other conditions of work. The application of the equal treatment rule means that such persons will be entitled to in-work benefits in the same way as nationals of the host Member State"

I think that UK's levels of benefits discriminates against the entire nation.

cashman 26-02-2016 11:51

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1162260)
According to today's Observer's interpretation of Graham Jones' views , and you all know not to rely too much on the veracity of the Accrington Observer , well I'll quote the rag......" The Hyndburn and Haslingden MP Graham Jones told the Observer that he would be voting to stay in the EU , despite wanting to withdraw . "

That's a bit puzzling to me .

He should speak to as many constituents as possible, after all hes supposed to be our representative. imho

Barrie Yates 26-02-2016 16:15

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
Cashy, the referendum vote is an individual personal vote, not a political one. Therefore, in my opinion Graham Jones is just like the rest of us on this one - a purely personal choice. However, I hope he does not use his position to try and persuade others to follow his decision.
I too am somewhat confused though - he thinks we will be better off out of the EU but will vote to remain???????

Margaret Pilkington 26-02-2016 16:35

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
Yes Barrie, that's intelligence in action....is it not ?

accyman 26-02-2016 16:48

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
i wonder how i wanted to stop and the red light but i opted to go through it would go down with a a police officer ?

mind you i think it describes labour voters they really dont want to vote labour but end up doing out of habbit

Less 26-02-2016 19:47

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1162365)
Cashy, the referendum vote is an individual personal vote, not a political one. Therefore, in my opinion Graham Jones is just like the rest of us on this one - a purely personal choice. However, I hope he does not use his position to try and persuade others to follow his decision.
I too am somewhat confused though - he thinks we will be better off out of the EU but will vote to remain???????

Well yes, his vote I thought within the referendum should be private, as in going with his conscience if he actually has one, however that won't prevent him climbing the slippery ladder by fooling a few other voters will it?

As for using position, can we have a referendum on that? I will once again pluck a figure from the air, 95% of us would think he has got beyond his competent position and proves it in the Obbo'.

Whatever you do though don't consider anything I say to be of any use in this debate I KNOW NOTHING, as he will no doubt tell you if meet him, or disagree with him, by the way Graham, you still haven't shown us a link to your original 95% claim that we know nowt and aren't bothered about the E.U. even though I and others have asked for it.

If you have time to spare from your fence sitting could you finally show us your proof?

g0bmh 28-02-2016 21:42

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!
 
He won't. He's a politician. They all speak bozwallox....


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:36.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.15083 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1