Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

DaveinGermany 10-10-2017 19:24

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1202712)
which has caused a right wing revolution even in germany.

Not quite a revolution MH, but a few more folk have had their eyes opened & as such voted for the AfD. They came in as the 3rd biggest party with 13%, not a lot really but considering they've only been a political party for about 4 years ..... it shows the discontent with the established parties as both lost out overall in the vote.

Here's a report from the "Grauniad" about the election, they must've been frothing & apoplectic having to report about a "Right Wing Party" doing well!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...erman-election

Incidentally the Austrians go to the voting booths this Sunday & it looks quite positive for the ÖVP (Austrian Peoples Party) led by Sebastian Kurz & would you believe it? They have a tendency to lean rightwards! My how Brussels & its muppeteers will be frothing & ranting should the boy do well!

We live in hope! :)

Margaret Pilkington 10-10-2017 20:50

Left leaning Matthew Wright was on TV this morning...they were discussing something about Brexit...leaving without any deal being made.
He was very rude to the first telephone caller(who was in favour of no deal rather than a raw deal) the second caller was of a similar opnion and he was equally rude to him too...the third caller was a frenchwoman who had made her home here in the UK and she also supported the no deal option(he questioned the validity of the facts about our financial contributions to the EU. The woman stood her ground).....I think it really riled him and they went to a break and moved on to a different topic.
I hate that program. It makes me want to run him through with blunt nail scissors....himself likes to watch because he knows it makes steam come out of my ears.
I usually disappear when that program is on.

cashman 11-10-2017 07:48

We watched that Margaret, switched the ignorant pig off and will not watch him again. he tends to be ignorant with people that dont share his view.

monkey hanger 11-10-2017 07:58

used to watch it regularly at one time till he tried being a primark piers morgan. won,t be in a hurry to watch again by the sounds of it.

Margaret Pilkington 11-10-2017 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1202739)
We watched that Margaret, switched the ignorant pig off and will not watch him again. he tends to be ignorant with people that dont share his view.

Yes Cashy you are right.
Like all left leaning luvvies...fine when democracy is going their way but petulant and juvenile when it doesn't.
I cannot stand the arrogant *?$*£ (something that rhymes with stick and starts with a P).

Margaret Pilkington 12-10-2017 06:56

That pipsqueak John Bercow(odious little man) speaker of the House of Commons is telling us that it would be easy to reverse Brexit.
All that needs to happen is that MP's ignore the results of the referendum.
And another odious old man, Richard Branson is saying that those who voted to leave are all dying off.

Do either of these imbeciles not recognise how badly those mandarins in the EU have spoken of us? The belittling language they have used? The disrespect they have shown to a country that is the fourth largest contributor to the EU coffers?

I am heartily sick of these gutless men.
The easiest option for the country would have been to stay in the EU.
To be absorbed into the ever more dictatorial and controlling organisation as a part of the United States of Europe.
To have increasing fiscal union and taxes forced upon us...because of our inertia to act, to take the harder road in an effort to be masters of our own destiny.

I have not regretted for one millisecond, my vote to leave.
When, and if we get out, I expect life to be more difficult. I am prepared to put up with difficulties in order to escape the prison that is the failed social experiment called the EU.

monkey hanger 12-10-2017 08:02

totally agree margaret. your post says it all for me.

DaveinGermany 15-10-2017 16:51

As the results in the Austrian elections come in it appears the ÖVP have taken the vote with 31.5% at the latest exit poll, the SPÖ 27% & the FPÖ 25.9% (the most likely coalition partner to form the new government being the FPÖ). Looks like Junkyard & his lackeys will be having a right proper hissy fit tonight, good old Austrians pishing in junkys Cognac .... Have it! :D

https://www.thelocal.at/20171015/liv...edicted-to-win

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2017 17:33

The press here have been going hammer and tongues at Philip Hammond for calling the EU negotiators 'the enemy'...but what he said was true(he later backed down and said it was a 'bad choice of words').
It has been shown that the EU are not our friends, they are not our allies(or they would not have disabused us in the way that they have) so what does that make them?
Enemies is a fair and honest assessment.

I also read somewhere(online) over this weekend that our 'friend' Michel Barnier cannot wait to push the Uk off the cliff.....sending us away with no deal...well, I don't think he will, because it is what we want....we get no deal....the EU gets no dosh.
That would be a result.
Let's slap tariffs on all those goods we bring into the country.....let's watch while France and Germany pick up our part of the tab.
Let's invest the money that we save in infrastructure and housing.

cashman 15-10-2017 18:03

The main enemy are British, Bercow,Hesaltine, Branson, and the like, as far as i'm concerned.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2017 20:28

Yes you are right Cashy and they are traitors because they are not interested in the future of the UK, all they are concerned about is their own futures.
None of those mentioned are likely to be inconvenienced by shortages in the NHS, or lack of places in schools, or for that matter any of the other issues that have been forced on us by uncontrolled immigration of people with few skills....because these people can pay for health care, they live in gated communities, they are not worried about lack of housing, they have their children privately educated.
They know(nor care)nothing of the difficulties their actions have on the man in the street.

The other thing is, when those in Brussels(who are sitting at the negotiating table) see our politicians fighting like cats in a sack, they rub their hands with glee because they know they have weakened the political parties by creating divisions.
Why can't these politicians see this? Keep their disagreements private and show a solid and united front to those who would screw the life out of us for fun.

All that said, I think the media have a large part to play in providing and promoting misleading information and disinformation.

monkey hanger 16-10-2017 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1202965)
The main enemy are British, Bercow,Hesaltine, Branson, and the like, as far as i'm concerned.:mad:

add blair and dear old ken clarke to the hall of shame.

cashman 16-10-2017 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1203002)
add blair and dear old ken clarke to the hall of shame.

Oh theres quite a few more, its called "Democracy" when it suits their purpose.:rolleyes:

accybeme 17-10-2017 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1203017)
Oh theres quite a few more, its called "Democracy" when it suits their purpose.:rolleyes:

Oh! I thought the new version of the word democracy was to keep having referendums and till you get the result you want

Margaret Pilkington 17-10-2017 11:59

That is the EU version of democracy...just ask Ireland.