Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

accybeme 17-10-2017 13:09

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I think thats Nicola Sturgeon idea of democracy too

cashman 17-10-2017 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1203098)
That is the EU version of democracy...just ask Ireland.

Thats exactly what being aimed for now, some "Letters" meaning sod knows what, i never heard of em are aiming for a second referendum, just like Ireland had, that would NOT shock me at all, with these complete arsewipes that are posing as M.P.s, i think theres certainly enough of em.:mad:

accybeme 17-10-2017 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1203105)
Thats exactly what being aimed for now, some "Letters" meaning sod knows what, i never heard of em are aiming for a second referendum, just like Ireland had, that would NOT shock me at all, with these complete arsewipes that are posing as M.P.s, i think theres certainly enough of em.:mad:

the only trouble is if they do go for a second referendum on the eu how could they then resist another referendum for scotland

cashman 17-10-2017 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1203108)
the only trouble is if they do go for a second referendum on the eu how could they then resist another referendum for scotland

Doubt if that would bother em one iota? most of em just want to get on the gravy train at some stage.

Less 17-10-2017 17:19

Quote:

IF there is one thing that we as a Country must stick to, it is the fact we had a democratic vote, no way should our politician's even consider a second vote, that would be undemocratic and prove them to be arse wipes not worth voting for ever again.
We've had a vote, now we need to leave.

Margaret Pilkington 17-10-2017 17:23

And Soon...please

DaveinGermany 18-10-2017 05:18

Quote:

some "Letters" meaning sod knows what, i never heard of em are aiming for a second referendum.

Think you're referring to these people Cashy, the OECD. Their attitude is hardly surprising really seeing as they're a "Think-Tank" (Really?) based in Paris ...... that says it all to my mind.

Brexit news: NO way! May confirms NO second referendum after OECD calls for another vote | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Barrie Yates 18-10-2017 15:22

The PM said it at least twice in PMQs today "We leave the EU in 2019".

monkey hanger 19-10-2017 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1203205)
The PM said it at least twice in PMQs today "We leave the EU in 2019".

that means it will happen as politicians have never done a U turn in their lives. at the end of the day they never expected the vote to go the way it did and there is pressure on em from home and abroad for em not to deliver the majority of our wishes.

hilleluk 19-10-2017 08:17

Everything Enoch Powell said in his Rivers of Blood speech, has happened

DaveinGermany 21-10-2017 10:25

Looks like the Czechs could also be widdling on Junkies bommy too!

Czech election latest: Europe's Donald Trump set to be handed power in headache for EU | World | News | Express.co.uk

The more the merrier! :)

Margaret Pilkington 21-10-2017 11:39

Yes, come one come all.

Exile on Spencer St 24-10-2017 12:40

Keep the faith.

Poll: Brits Say Leaving European Union With No Deal Preferable to Transition Period, No Brexit

Margaret Pilkington 24-10-2017 13:10

yes...I believe we should walk away from the table.
There is no negotiation being done there at all....Michel Barnier has no intention of coming up with ANY kind of compromise and Macron thinks out threat to walk away with no deal is just a bluff.

Martin Selmayr has been bragging that Mrs May was 'begging for MR Juncker to get her a deal....don't believe it for a second.
Mrs May has had more dignity in her dealings with these snake oil salesmen than the whole of the EU put together....though in my heart I feel like she would like to knock some heads together(and some of those heads would be on this side of the channel).

It makes me wonder what those who voted to remain in the EU are thinking to want to belong to this shower of Fisons...and I wonder if some of them might have different opinions now they have seen the underhand shenanigans being played out.

Margaret Pilkington 24-10-2017 13:54

And get the latest....Donald Tusk says Brexit can be reversed.
That the UK parliament can ignore the result of the referendum.
What planet is this man on!
They really do not 'get it'...we do not want to be part of their dysfunctional club...to be a county in the United States of Europe.