Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 27-10-2017 21:58

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I have thought that for a very long time Son...the whole scenario fills me with despair for future generations.
The more I find out about the EU and the more I actually hate the concept.
I cannot wait to be out, because way back I could see the way it was going, but found it very hard to convince anyone. I had stand up arguments with my own dad about it.

Margaret Pilkington 27-10-2017 22:00

Now, I had better watch out for the thought police...they will be coming to find me to put me into a program of 're-education'...I hope it does not involve electrodes being attached to delicate bits of my anatomy.

monkey hanger 28-10-2017 08:03

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1203665]Now, I had better watch out for the thought police...they will be coming to find me to put me into a program of 're-education'...

keep checking for hidden camera,s around the place. i too am glad they cannot see inside my head yet. the majority of people however will show their usual apathy towards the subject until its too late and then agree we are not all cranks who have been warning em for years.

DaveinGermany 28-10-2017 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1203665)
Now, I had better watch out for the thought police...they will be coming to find me to put me into a program of 're-education'...I hope it does not involve electrodes being attached to delicate bits of my anatomy.

Not to worry, there'll be quite a few of us so you'll be amongst friends. :)

DaveinGermany 29-10-2017 11:39

Looks like the remainer bullsquitt has been exposed for the utter tripe it was, remember "Smeggs" denial of an eu army, closer ties & financial unity .... yeah me too!

Read it & weep

European Union to get one chancellor, united army and policies under EU superstate | World | News | Express.co.uk

Margaret Pilkington 29-10-2017 12:04

It was something that we cynical baggages always thought would happen.
The sooner we ditch the whole shebang, the better it will be.
Just the mention of anything to do with the EU puts my blood pressure into rocket mode.

DaveinGermany 30-10-2017 19:11

Seems that things aren't all bad as far as Brexit goes & it looks like the north west is setting an example. :)

Brexit blueprint: Preston becomes poster town for Brexit as BUY LOCAL policies see boom ti | UK | News | Express.co.uk

monkey hanger 31-10-2017 08:50

as long as the prices that people charge is more or less the same buying local is sense. a lot of people are bargain hunters nowadays due to lack of cash and some products for some reason are cheaper than our own produced foods. people should get out more as there were loads of apples, raspberries, loganberries and blackberries that can be picked which we have been doing for the last few months but not many others can be bothered.

DaveinGermany 22-11-2017 15:07

The latest rumour of DisMay being prepared to up the bung to the criminal eu just so we can get on to talk about further talks is absolute idiocy! Although not confirmed going on past performance the spineless bint will cave in! Absolutely sick of the backsliding remainers bringing the UK down at every turn, her & the rest of her glove puppets need stringing up & proper Brexiteers given the lead.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/88...y-latest-video

Just get us out now! Walk, no deal & over to WTO agreements.

cashman 22-11-2017 15:36

Agree Dave,but nowt surprises me with yon lot.:(

hilleluk 23-11-2017 07:57

Could you give me any names that could do a better job than DisMay?

Margaret Pilkington 23-11-2017 10:00

I have asked this question too.
I can see no one who has the tenacity to do any kind of decent job.
With the current situation with Mutti Merkel, we are in a better position than previously.
If only the remoaners would stop talking the country down.
The EU is bankrupt without our contributions.

RainbowSix 23-11-2017 23:18

Why am I hearing on the radio about UK cities being upset and not knowing that they would not qualify for being the "European capital of Culture 2023" ?

Who the hell is it that woks for these councils that can employ people who do not realize that by 2023 we will not be in Europe so cannot have that title.

And they have the cheek to complain about it, saying they were not told.
Apparently each one is a unique case so should still have the title.

Muppets!

DaveinGermany 24-11-2017 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilleluk (Post 1204927)
Could you give me any names that could do a better job than DisMay?

JRM would do a damn site better than DisMay in my opinion, he may not be the popular choice but I'd say he's far more competent & has an old fashioned honesty which is something rather rare in a modern politico today.

DaveinGermany 24-11-2017 06:35

Then there's frank Field, but he's on the labour side so unfortunately wouldn't get a shot of using his integrity for the greater good.