Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Barrie Yates 04-07-2016 07:46

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171755)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the sacred symbol go in the opposite direction to the Nazi cross?

Yes it does but it is still called a swastika - possible that the Germans got it wrong again.

Barrie Yates 04-07-2016 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1171771)
voted to leave the e u but have you signed the petition to invoke article 50 at
parliament.uk/petitions/133618

Searched on FB for that as the full address isn't provided - not found in search.

Less 04-07-2016 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171773)
Searched on FB for that as the full address isn't provided - not found in search.

Search results - UK Parliament

cashman 04-07-2016 08:18

Thing is we had 2 choices during this campaign (1) Stay as we are. (2) Go into the unknown. now someone please explain to me,why anyone who had nowt, would vote (1)? the unknown is a better option to people like that imho, only a complete fool would think anything but that !! By the way Less that links a dud?

Less 04-07-2016 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171776)
By the way Less that links a dud?

Ah, right it works for me was a search on Parliament uk below is the reult:-

Search results

petition 133618
Search
Searching for a parliamentary debate? Browse the Official Report (Hansard)
We found no results for petition 133618

Less 04-07-2016 08:34

Meanwhile try this:-

petition: Demand that article 50 is started now

I don't think I'll bother the last sentence made me laugh though.

gpick24 04-07-2016 08:38

Here`s the proper one -

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618

cashman 04-07-2016 09:08

Signed both.;) cheers lads.

maxthecollie 04-07-2016 09:20

Signed

JCB 04-07-2016 09:33

Signed , without any great hopes .

Mr Cameron said that if the people voted to leave the EU he would invoke Article 50 immediately .

Politicians like to change their minds . :(

hilleluk 04-07-2016 09:54

Nicola Sturgeon is an idiot. I live in Scotland, and I can assure you, the vast majority of people do not want another REFERENDUM to leave the UK. I voted to LEAVE the EU, The Scottish Nazi Party do not speak for me or millions of other people living here.

Margaret Pilkington 04-07-2016 10:29

I have signed the petition.
I get twitchier by the day that this is not signed. I fear that there is stuff going on in the background to thwart the will of those who voted.
Tony Blair (spit) and Peter Mandelson are both saying that parliament does not need to heed this vote as it was only advisory...and as it seem the people have had a rethink then perhaps parliament would be better to ignore the result of the vote.

WHO has changed their mind...NOT ME.
I want to be out yesterday!

Less 04-07-2016 10:34

Signed the real one.

Barrie Yates 04-07-2016 18:02

I had already signed - I want the process to start immediately and Blair, Kinnock, May, Heseltine, Branson and all the rest of the remain camp can ****** off somewhere - Greece, Iraq, wherever as long as it isn't here.

Margaret Pilkington 04-07-2016 18:18

Yes....and I hope they take all of those who were marching against the result with them where ever they go.
All their whinging and moaning is getting on my wick. And the talking down of our economy is damaging...and it is THEY who are doing the damage....not those who voted to take control of our destiny.

Exile on Spencer St 04-07-2016 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1171781)

Bit of a silly thing to start another petition, imho, as it will be jumped on by the Remainders, especially the BBC and London media, if it doesn't quickly surpass the opposing epetition that the BBC has been telling us all about lately.
It risks being reported as the second 'E-referendum' that the Remainders have demanded. For all I know it may even have been started by a Remainder to continue the media mischief and misreporting.
So, having started one, it behoves all of us who voted LEAVE, and meant it, to sign it and to email the link to all our contacts who are also Brexiteers.

gpick24 04-07-2016 20:10

Don`t go blaming me, I just posted the link because others were struggling to find it. :p

Exile on Spencer St 04-07-2016 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1171823)
Don`t go blaming me, I just posted the link because others were struggling to find it. :p

Wasn't blaming you, just wanted to include the link again in your post.:)

Laatab 05-07-2016 13:19

There's only thing that you can be certain of. Remain or leave the EU. Its you and I who pay!

Eric 05-07-2016 13:50

Hey ... here's some great news ... you are going to have a bunch more Canadians:D

London Calling? Canadians eye U.K. vacations after Brexit vote weakens pound | National Post

Less 05-07-2016 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laatab (Post 1171849)
There's only thing that you can be certain of. Remain or leave the EU. Its you and I who pay!

That has been said many times in this thread and is very true.

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2016 16:27

Everything in life has a cost.
The cost of our freedom has been paid in blood......with (over the centuries) millions of men and women fighting for the democracy that so many people in this country were prepared to hand over to a foreign power(Europe...but mainly Germany) in my estimation the cost is worth it just so that we can be the authors of our own fate.

Now if the so called Leaders of this country would stop jacking about and get on with sorting out the bl**dy negotiations to get out of this bloated and corrupt organisation.....we could start putting the UK on the right track......and show the world what we are made of!

accyman 05-07-2016 21:09

to be fair germany nearly took over us completely without spilling a drop of blood

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2016 06:04

Greece is hock to them.....all because they(Germany) would not release them from the bondage that is the EU.

Laatab 06-07-2016 09:35

I wouldn't be surprised if they never quite get around to invoking article 50. To those at the top all economic chaos is just a way of shaking the money tree to fleece you and I out of another few hundreds of billions which will once again be given to the banks who will then not invest it in anything useful for us. And its always useful to lower the bar on living standards. If voting worked they would make it a criminal offence!

cashman 06-07-2016 09:41

Oh i think it will be invoked, when is another question!! civil unrest will be created big time if they dont imho.

Eric 06-07-2016 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laatab (Post 1171886)
If voting worked they would make it a criminal offence!

Probably true. In his Literary Theory: An Introduction, Terry Eagleton states that "I am free to vote Labour or Conservative, but if I try to act on the belief that this choice itself merely masks a deeper prejudice - the prejudice that the meaning of democracy is confined to putting a cross on a ballot paper every few years - then ... I might end up in jail." Eagleton is currently working in Lancashire as Distinguished Professor of English Literature at Lancaster University. He is the UK's answer to Noam Chomsky.

Barrie Yates 06-07-2016 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171887)
Oh i think it will be invoked, when is another question!! civil unrest will be created big time if they dont imho.

I hope it does Cashy, but I think there is a far better chance if TM fails to become PM and AL, who has said she will invoke it straight away, gets the countrywide Tory Party behind her.

cashman 07-07-2016 07:52

Brexit spreads across Europe: Italy, France, Holland and Denmark ALL call for referendums | World | News | Daily Express oh dear.:D

Less 07-07-2016 08:48

If this sort of thing continues and economies improve because of it, how long before the Politicians/Big banks/Large business's jump on the band wagon and claim that they knew this would be the result?

Then, pretend this is what they planned for all along?

Will it be the politicians that are the first to claim the glory for leading us to the promised land?

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk...nd-291x150.jpg

cashman 07-07-2016 09:07

Not a chance Less, I'm claiming that now.:D

Less 07-07-2016 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171965)
Not a chance Less, I'm claiming that now.:D

Well, you'd make a more convincing Moses, you look about 120 years old!
:D

Margaret Pilkington 07-07-2016 09:34

Maybe soon there will be NO EU to belong to.

Exile on Spencer St 07-07-2016 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171966)
Well, you'd make a more convincing Moses, you look about 120 years old!

Not to mention his tablets! ;)

Less 07-07-2016 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171967)

You mean that organisation that the backward people on the Continent belong to?

If they had any sense they would follow our lead...

...just imagine, a couple of months from now there could just be Germany and France left arguing about being the dominant power in Brussels, perhaps as usual they will be the ones starting yet another war, you know, that one we were supposed to start if we voted exit.

Nope I'm wrong, it will be France and Germany as allies against the Belgians, (can you imagine them trying to enforce an eviction notice if they come out?).

DaveinGermany 07-07-2016 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171967)

We live in hope! :)

Barrie Yates 07-07-2016 22:55

I can't keep up with the changes.
On the 1st of July our MP informed us that he is a factory worker -start of confusion????
Some time ago it was 95% of us that didn't understand what was The Meaning of Life or something that was just as profound - Oh yes, we didn't understand 95% of nothing.
Then came the statement "I feel we should leave the EU but I will vote Remain"????????
Then we were "always heading for a 65% majority to Leave" - I must have missed that prediction, wonder if Gypsy Rose Lee read it in her tea leaves for him, but he chose the "harder argument" (must take an aspirin or two as my brain is aching now), and voted Remain. So he voted as JC decreed yet I didn't hear of any genuine input to the Leave campaign. As one of the original 95% I reserve the right to be confused.

Less 07-07-2016 23:40

Don't fret, soon there will be a general election, if he dares to put himself forward as our representitive once more you can show him how little you know by putting an X against his name...

...nah, you see you aren't as confused as you thought, cos that ain't going to happen is it?

cashman 08-07-2016 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1172010)
I can't keep up with the changes.
On the 1st of July our MP informed us that he is a factory worker -start of confusion????
Some time ago it was 95% of us that didn't understand what was The Meaning of Life or something that was just as profound - Oh yes, we didn't understand 95% of nothing.
Then came the statement "I feel we should leave the EU but I will vote Remain"????????
Then we were "always heading for a 65% majority to Leave" - I must have missed that prediction, wonder if Gypsy Rose Lee read it in her tea leaves for him, but he chose the "harder argument" (must take an aspirin or two as my brain is aching now), and voted Remain. So he voted as JC decreed yet I didn't hear of any genuine input to the Leave campaign. As one of the original 95% I reserve the right to be confused.

It just demonstrates what COMPLETE BULL we are given and also how STUPID he feels the electorate are IMHO.:(

cashman 08-07-2016 09:28

Obama has just been speaking in Warsaw about the horrific shooting in Dallas, the man said the British decision to Brexit has created uncertainty, now excuse me, that has sod all to do with whats happened oer yon, the sooner he is evicted from office the better we will be.:mad: he talks as ridiculous as our own M.P.

Margaret Pilkington 08-07-2016 11:58

Now some good news that you probably won't hear on the Beeb.
The bankers Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are now saying that they think the UK will thrive after leaving the EU.
Perhaps they could blow this information into the ears of Standard and Poor so they could give us back our triple A rating.
The FTSE gained 1.1% yesterday and manufacturing is up 1.9% in the three months up to the end of May....now before anyone tells me that this was BEFORE the referendum...yes, I know...but there was much unrest and uncertainty on the run up to the vote(much of it manufactered by banks, political leaders and short sighted business men like R. Branson)....and who knows, without that scary stuff it could have been 2.5%.

The 'not so good' news...well, the London Stock Exchange is set to be taken over by Deutshe Borse(I am sure I read something recently which said this bank was under investigation for some dodgy dealing)...and they are threatening to move the headquarters to Frankfurt. The government has said it will block this move.

Exile on Spencer St 08-07-2016 13:21

It's Deutche Bank that's the dodgy operation, along with many other EU banks, especially in Italy. I don't think the banks 'own' the stock exchanges or bourses, yet.
You'll not hear any good news on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation about leaving the EU for some time. Their metropolitan med'ya mindset is still having trouble with the concept of democracy and the sheer audacity of the electorate having the right to think for itself.

Margaret Pilkington 08-07-2016 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1172049)
It's Deutche Bank that's the dodgy operation, along with many other EU banks, especially in Italy. I don't think the banks 'own' the stock exchanges or bourses, yet.
You'll not hear any good news on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation about leaving the EU for some time. Their metropolitan med'ya mindset is still having trouble with the concept of democracy and the sheer audacity of the electorate having the right to think for itself.

unless i am very much mistaken (and I am sure there will be someone along in a minute to tell me) the Deutche Borse IS the Deutche Bank or is owned by it...which was why the story stuck in my mind(sorry I got the spelling wrong...did it from memory ..should have looked it up)

Morecambe Ex Pat 08-07-2016 18:49

The independent BBC is the mouthpiece of the impartial Government who canvas the wishes of the electorate and act accordingly.

Sorry, I was into some kind of ideal world then, I don't know what came over me.

Who is actually holding up the process of invoking article 50?

cashman 08-07-2016 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1172072)
The independent BBC is the mouthpiece of the impartial Government who canvas the wishes of the electorate and act accordingly.

Sorry, I was into some kind of ideal world then, I don't know what came over me.

Who is actually holding up the process of invoking article 50?

All of them actually, they dont even need to invoke it, all that is needed to leave the E.U. is "Repeal the European Communities 1972 Act", its that simple, but as the BBC get £71000 a month from the E.U. they aint gonna tell yeh that. its been mentioned in the House Of Lords By Lord Stoddart of Swindon but they aint told us that neither as far as i'm aware,:mad: http://www.theunituk.org.uk/2016/06/...ties-act-1972/

Barrie Yates 08-07-2016 22:40

Hopefully Cashy it will be AL who gets the PM slot as she has said that she will invoke Article 50 immediately, the other possibility is that she will repeal the act and walk away from it all. The bluster from the EU and European politicians will fall by the wayside when German industry, particularly the car makers, tells the Fuhreress that they will not stand for any discriminatory tariffs against UK - they will lose so much money if they do and push Germany, and therefore other EU countries, towards bankruptcy

cashman 09-07-2016 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1172107)
Hopefully Cashy it will be AL who gets the PM slot as she has said that she will invoke Article 50 immediately, the other possibility is that she will repeal the act and walk away from it all. The bluster from the EU and European politicians will fall by the wayside when German industry, particularly the car makers, tells the Fuhreress that they will not stand for any discriminatory tariffs against UK - they will lose so much money if they do and push Germany, and therefore other EU countries, towards bankruptcy

I would hope she wins, but regard her as best of a bad lot.if yeh check out T.M.s background i regard her as a very dangerous woman.:eek:

DaveinGermany 09-07-2016 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1172113)
if yeh check out T.M.s background i regard her as a very dangerous woman.:eek:

Dis-May shouldn't be let anywhere near leadership, she couldn't deal with immigration as home secretary, she was instrumental in cutting police & border numbers & funding, but most importantly she is a self serving opportunist who was with the remain shower until the 11 hour, only to jump ship when she saw which way the wind was blowing! Despicable, hateful, ego maniacal, Witch!

Needs putting on that bonfire along with all the red tape/diktat crud from Brussels!

Eric 14-07-2016 17:07

What's all this horse manure coming out of Paris and Berlin? Seems like the frogs and the nazis are a tad peed off with the appointment of Boris to the Foreign Office. I know I don't know as much about him as I maybe should ... sure he looks a little goofy, and maybe he's somewhat eccentric; but he seems to have a brain, and he does speak fluent French. No doubt some of you guys think it's a dumb choice; but that's ok because you are British. And it's ok that Paris and Berlin ... oh, and let's not forget Brussels ... don't like him; but keep it private. Don't go rattling off in the media about something which is none of their goddam business.

Maybe they should take care of some of their own problems. The French President and his hairdresser have an approval of 17%. A skunk at a picnic is more popular. And the country is FUBAR.

[Just an aside: Obama, whom I know some of you don't like, is running at 50%! I kinda like Obama. He faced a hostile congress for most of his two terms ... straightened out the economy (the US jobless rate at 4.7% is the lowest in the developed world), and lots of other fun stuff including Obamacare. Not bad for a nigger whose middle name is Hussein:alright:]

And the Germans. Where else do major celebrations at New Years include mass sexual assault perpetrated not by Mexicans, but by middle-eastern migrants welcomed with open arms in their thousands.

Maybe it's time that Europe realized that the UK is once more a sovereign nation which is quite capable of making its own decisions, and making those decisions without giving a flying you-know-what about what Europe thinks.

cashman 14-07-2016 17:27

Think hes a good choice meself eric, hes a guy that wont be pee'd about imho.

Eric 14-07-2016 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1172446)
Think hes a good choice meself eric, hes a guy that wont be pee'd about imho.

Now I've read just a little more about him, I agree.

Margaret Pilkington 14-07-2016 18:10

The French and the Germans are hacked off...of course they are and they think that pouring contempt on Boris Johnson is the way to go.....they have learned nothing about the British have they?
The vote to leave was precipitated by the attitude of EU politicians to our wishes to be in charge of our own destiny.
I could not give a flying fig about what the French finance minister thinks......and the deputy leader of the german SPD party has not much influence either.

I know that Boris Johnson might have offended people, but that is their problem......why should he be concerned about their opinion of him.
Let him get us out of that rats nest that is the EU.....and do it quickly.

cashman 14-07-2016 18:37

Margaret as far as i'm concerned yer spot on wi that last post, The E.U. are that stupid imho, if they had given cameron summat to come back with. i'm pretty sure the remain vote would have won? (not that i would have voted remain) so in essence, to me, its their own stupid fault, I have always maintained, the worse thing you can do to the british is threaten em and thats exactly what the E.U. and many remainers did, have just listened to Andrew Marr. and he virtually said as much.

Exile on Spencer St 14-07-2016 18:47

It's no real surprise that some nonentity Frog or Kraut politicians are peed off that we left them and their corrupt little club, but what pees me off is the lengths the metropolitan media (some of which is paid for by public money) will go to track down someone, anyone, who is willing to mouth off against the referendum result.

But, heh, listen to Pat Condell and have a chuckle.
Godless Comedy We Saved Our Democracy - Godless Comedy

Margaret Pilkington 14-07-2016 18:48

Well, I haven't heard what Andrew Marr has said.....these are just my own honest opinions and thoughts.

I just think that many politicians think we all came up on the last shower of rain.....that we cannot see what is going on.

The EU have always treated us with ill concealed contempt.....there has never been any kind of respect that you would have for partners in trade.
I am pleased that Theresa May has given the jobs that relate to our leaving the EU to those politicians who really believe we will be better out of it.
Someone said this is so that if they fail, she can tell them 'well, you wanted to be out'
I don't really subscribe to this view. I think that she has given them the jobs because they will give it their all.

The fact that we now have a new PM gives some stability to the UK.
Now if those clowns who are playing sill burgers inside the Labour Party could get their act together, we could get down to the real business of getting the UK back on track.

cashman 14-07-2016 18:57

The thing i dont like so far with T.M. is the fact she has left Hunt in his position, but i suspect she has done that so the Junior Docs dont think they have won by striking?

Barrie Yates 14-07-2016 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1172459)
The thing i dont like so far with T.M. is the fact she has left Hunt in his position, but i suspect she has done that so the Junior Docs dont think they have won by striking?

You are almost certainly correct on that Cashy - there are certain parallels with the foreign criticism of BJ - threaten Brits and we dig our heels in and become even more determined.

Margaret Pilkington 15-07-2016 06:55

They aren't threatening Brits Barrie, but what they are doing is disrespecting us and our new PM.
She thinks he is capable of this job and until he has proved otherwise they should reserve judgement.
It is all very school playground stuff 'sucks yah boo'....Sour grapes. They would have been far better not to,have said anything at all. That would have been more dignified, but they are not dignified. They do not like it that the little Englanders have stood up to the bully that is the EU.

Oh, and just an aside. I do not consider the term 'Little Englander' to be an insult. I consider it to be(in my case anyway) a factual statement....I AM little and I AM from England.

A bit of good news....The BoE have increased confidence in this country by not cutting interest rates.
( this is what really sticks in the throats of the French and Germans - the doom and gloom they predicted so far, has not happened.....and yes I know that we are only at the start of what is a long journey....but we are Brits.....we take a rain mac when we go journeying)

hilleluk 16-07-2016 07:48

Personally I am really pleased with this new style Government. I think Theresa May has done a good job. My only concern is Scotland and wee Nicoliar. The SNP should stop carping on about how the so called Scottish people voted and support this exit from the EU. Cannot come quick enough for me

Margaret Pilkington 16-07-2016 09:40

I have read that Theresa May will not invoke article 50, which starts the process of us leaving the EU, until Nicola Sturgeon agrees.
This is going against the will of the British people.
It allows Scotland to dictate the terms and conditions, it delays us getting the result which the majority of us voted for.
I am now distrustful of us getting out of the EU.

hilleluk 16-07-2016 10:07

Nickolia cannot stop the EU exit, she has no mandate for it, it was a democratic OUT vote from the whole of the UK

cashman 16-07-2016 10:50

Theresa May's Brexit warnings are increasingly barmy Well the media are soon getting bothered, that may be a good sign?:rolleyes:

cashman 16-07-2016 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1172538)
I have read that Theresa May will not invoke article 50, which starts the process of us leaving the EU, until Nicola Sturgeon agrees.
This is going against the will of the British people.
It allows Scotland to dictate the terms and conditions, it delays us getting the result which the majority of us voted for.
I am now distrustful of us getting out of the EU.

I have read the same, thought May was supposed to be a strong leader?:rolleyes: bullshine it seems.

cashman 16-07-2016 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1172543)
I have read the same, thought May was supposed to be a strong leader?:rolleyes: bullshine it seems.

Thinking about this it seems to me May does not want to leave the E.U. despite her saying Brexit means Brexit. shes conning the British Public it seems to me. serves me right, Never trust a Tory.:eek:

Margaret Pilkington 16-07-2016 13:07

I have read more about this now and it seems that the opinion of Nicola Sturgeon will be sought,but she can't veto the vote to leave....but she may delay it somewhat.
We just have to wait and see Cashy(that David Davis is in the group of politicians who will be negotiating the exit gives me some crumb of comfort as he has been staunchly against the EU).

Barrie Yates 16-07-2016 15:37

At first I was somewhat disappointed to read that, but then I thought of all the other twists that the media have introduced during the referendum - and are still doing it. Could well be that TM was explaining the facts of life to Widow Krankie. We will have to wait and see.

cashman 16-07-2016 15:58

I would hope thats the case, but have doubts.

hilleluk 16-07-2016 16:44

Why did T.May give the impression of pandering to the Scottish Nasty Party? They have a well run machine. Every SNP MP & MSP has to sign an unconditional agreement, not to criticise the party. No-one can be a free thinker, they all sing from the same hymn sheet. We do have problems here is Scotland, the Heath Service and Education are real concerns, not everything in the garden is lovely.. I think Mrs May will allowing wee Nic a short time to think, and if she keeps stalling the game is a bogie and Scotland should, and will be told, we are signing article 50 and Scotland is coming with us. The sooner the better.

Eric 16-07-2016 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1172541)
Theresa May's Brexit warnings are increasingly barmy Well the media are soon getting bothered, that may be a good sign?:rolleyes:

It was a good sign that the krauts and the frogs don't like Boris ... if they had welcomed the appointment; now that would have been cause for concern.

Barrie Yates 16-07-2016 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1172556)
It was a good sign that the krauts and the frogs don't like Boris ... if they had welcomed the appointment; now that would have been cause for concern.

Hitler and de Gaul both didn't like Churchill - so he gave the two fingers to both of them. He wouldn't allow Hitler to take over UK and he was not for allowing the French to liberate Paris, that was the US decision - deja vu? Go for them Boris, be our modern day Bulldog.

JCB 17-07-2016 10:40

I wouldn't waste my money buying the Daily Mail , or any other newspaper for that matter .

But a neighbour has just given me this article from Thursday's .

It's worth reading , and I'm pleased that I am not alone in thinking that Brexit may not mean Brexit ......

If Brexit does mean Brexit, why is Mrs May's new Chancellor saying it'll take six years?

Read more: If Brexit does mean Brexit, why's Theresa May's new Chancellor saying it'll take six years? | Daily Mail Online

cashman 17-07-2016 12:27

Probably cos they are Torys, they dont give a stuff what was voted for, just like some Labour M.Ps.:rolleyes:

accyman 17-07-2016 13:34

we used to buy the daily mail but once the price got to been more expensive than a roll of bog roll we stopped buying it and switched back to bog roll

MrPastry 18-07-2016 12:56

Never thought I would see a rebirth of Thatcher in my lifetime :-(

cashman 18-07-2016 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPastry (Post 1172660)

So what, the fact is we would NEVER be out of the pigging E.U. under anyone else, n i detest torys.http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/690...ys-top-surgeon

Eric 18-07-2016 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPastry (Post 1172660)

Are we talking about May or about Clinton:confused:

umpire 19-07-2016 14:54

Just seen that legal challenge has been accepted by a court, put this together with the petition being debated, the devious civil service and I can see how the Ungodlly are gathering to frustrate our wishes.
WE ARE STUFFED

Exile on Spencer St 19-07-2016 15:46

Courts accept legal challenges to keep lawyers and judges in work.

Margaret Pilkington 19-07-2016 18:00

These legal challenges may delay things but I don't think they can change the course of the decision which was taken democratically.
If a few people making a legal challenge could veto the exit, then what would be the point of the referendum.

By the way...the challenges will be heard in the high court in the third week of October.
The government had already said that article 50 would not be triggered until the start of 2017.

Less 19-07-2016 19:09

October, that means Parliament will be back from summer holidays and preparing for the pheasant shoot.
How do they ever get any work done?

Margaret Pilkington 19-07-2016 20:22

Up to now and for the past four decades or so they haven't had to do much other than shuffle papers and look busy(the equivalent of walking round in a factory with a clipboard and looking like you are doing something essential)...but I reckon that soon the work is going to be coming out of their....um, ears( I was going to say a rude bit of their anatomy...but remembered that I am trying to be refined). Up to now it has been Brussels calling the shots, making the laws.
Pretty soon they are going to be working hard to work out how to get us out of the swamp that is the EU...without getting their nethers savaged by the likes of Junker, tusk and Merkel.

Less 19-07-2016 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1172728)
Up to now and for the past four decades or so they haven't had to do much other than shuffle papers and look busy(the equivalent of walking round in a factory with a clipboard and looking like you are doing something essential)...but I reckon that soon the work is going to be coming out of their....um, ears( I was going to say a rude bit of their anatomy...but remembered that I am trying to be refined). Up to now it has been Brussels calling the shots, making the laws.
Pretty soon they are going to be working hard to work out how to get us out of the swamp that is the EU...without getting their nethers savaged by the likes of Junker, tusk and Merkel.

All they will do now is shuffle more paper and now doubt **** us off even more.
Democracy what the hell does that mean?
They will have it their way and no other.

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2016 10:58

Of course they will Less.....but at least when it all goes belly up they have someone to blame (us).

You sound as juandiced about the political situation as I am...would you like me to send you some of my anti cynical pills(they taste nothing like a pint of ice cold beer:D)?

Less 20-07-2016 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1172764)
Of course they will Less.....but at least when it all goes belly up they have someone to blame (us).

You sound as juandiced about the political situation as I am...would you like me to send you some of my anti cynical pills(they taste nothing like a pint of ice cold beer:D)?

I don't need pills to remove my cynicism I need some product that will enhance it!

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2016 12:38

Oh No you don't Less...you have it in bucketfuls........in fact you haven't got enough buckets...and I can't let you have any of mine either. :D

Less 20-07-2016 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1172775)
Oh No you don't Less...you have it in bucketfuls........in fact you haven't got enough buckets...and I can't let you have any of mine either. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-ffhvefsw

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2016 13:57

Less you are incorrigible.

Wynonie Harris 23-07-2016 19:18

Incredible. The shadow Foreign Secretary, a typical member of the snotty-nosed, Hampstead Heath chattering classes, seems to think we should have to vote again...presumably in the hope that we get it "right" this time!
Labour won't rule out second referendum on European Union | Politics | The Guardian

cashman 23-07-2016 19:24

The majority of Labour steve are the reason i will never again vote Labour in a general election. sad to say.:( and thats after a lifetime of supporting em.

Guinness 23-07-2016 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1172963)
Incredible. The shadow Foreign Secretary, a typical member of the snotty-nosed, Hampstead Heath chattering classes, seems to think we should have to vote again...presumably in the hope that we get it "right" this time!
Labour won't rule out second referendum on European Union | Politics | The Guardian

This woman would have never been anywhere near a position of power if the Labour party had stood firm behind its leader..

Owen whatshisface says we all voted out because of the 350million promised to the NHS and also thinks we should have a second referendum.....

So....

And this sticks in my throat..us working class, ordinary folk, who think that the EU is corrupt to the core should vote Tory!

Less 23-07-2016 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1172966)
This woman would have never been anywhere near a position of power if the Labour party had stood firm behind its leader..

Owen whatshisface says we all voted out because of the 350million promised to the NHS and also thinks we should have a second referendum.....

So....

And this sticks in my throat..us working class, ordinary folk, who think that the EU is corrupt to the core should vote Tory!

I am desperate enough to vote for anyone that could perhaps be honest with 5% of us, the other 95% deserve whats given by the bull**** they believe is the truth.

We the people voted, we were all surprised the vote went brexit, but it did, democracy states that we go with the majority, not that we try again until the vote goes the way politicians think it should.

Anyone demanding a second referendum is NOT acting democratically and should be ignored.

hilleluk 24-07-2016 15:21

Daily Mail headline today reads: Finally an EU deal on Immigration! Plan to offer Britain a seven year migration opt-out, which would still give UK access to Europe's single market.
Mrs May should make a statement as soon as possible, saying Brexit is Brexit, and this will not be happening.

cashman 24-07-2016 15:25

Doubt very much if she will even comment on that somehow.

hilleluk 24-07-2016 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173001)
Doubt very much if she will even comment on that somehow.

Why Not? This would be going against the Democratic vote of the people, who voted for Brexit. The Government should comment, and give us there view.

cashman 24-07-2016 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilleluk (Post 1173003)
Why Not? This would be going against the Democratic vote of the people, who voted for Brexit. The Government should comment, and give us there view.

Torys are even harder to trust than Labour is why not imho

hilleluk 24-07-2016 17:04

What about Tony Blair?

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2016 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilleluk (Post 1173000)
Daily Mail headline today reads: Finally an EU deal on Immigration! Plan to offer Britain a seven year migration opt-out, which would still give UK access to Europe's single market.
Mrs May should make a statement as soon as possible, saying Brexit is Brexit, and this will not be happening.

If this is similar to how Norway operated then we don't want a bar of it....Norway still pays in vast sums of money...has no say in the way the EU runs...and has to accept the tenet of free movement.
I want to be out...really out.
Let them stick their single market where monkeys shove their nuts.

I do not trust anything about the EU.....being one leg in and one leg out is not what I voted for.

hilleluk 24-07-2016 17:10

Hear, Hear Margaret

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2016 17:46

Tony Blair was not Labour...he was a tory in a red coat...he just wanted everyone to think he was a Labour politician...and he turned out to be a bigger liar than Tom Pepper...and a traitorous liar too.
He along with his government did more to damage the fabric of society than all the german bombs dropped on us during the blitz.
I hope I live long enough to see him get what is coming to him.......and i hope he lives a long and remorseful life(except I don't think he would know real remorse if jumped up and smacked him in the face - he knows the fake stuff...that that he puts on when the cameras are around).
I have not words that can tell you how I feel about that piece of humanity.

hilleluk 24-07-2016 18:04

Agree with everything you have said in your comment. However, I would trust a Conservative Government as opposed to a Labour Government any day.