Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

cashman 12-04-2016 07:37

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

The only possible conundrum i can see is are we stupid or not.:rolleyes:

Less 12-04-2016 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1166068)
All this scaremongering, that nobody will deal with our little tiny nation is just a tactic to frighten us into voting to stay in.

You are of course correct it is scaremongering and yet the same Government is running this advert:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbqja-aBEIs and most of the folk they claim we could deal with aren't in the EU.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2016 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1166068)
I don't usually sign petitions but I made an exception in this case. I think the case is simple, if they put all the EU facts in a leaflet, by default, they would produce a propaganda document in favour of leaving.
All this scaremongering, that nobody will deal with our little tiny nation is just a tactic to frighten us into voting to stay in. Outside the EU, we would be masters of our own destiny although our leaders would be required to grow some, if we are to be a super power once more.

That is one of the problems. The politicians now have less work to do, seeing as many of the rules and regulations we live by are generated by the EU.
Leaving the EU would mean that they would have to pull their socks up and get down to unravelling the legislation that we have sleep walked into.

We do not have a natural leader in ANY of the political parties.
The other aspect to be considered is, those feeding us this bull shine are in the pay of the EU in one way or another, so they have a vested interest in us remaining.....They can never be relied on to give an unbiased view.

The government can spend 9 million on a leaflet, but the OUT campaign have their TOTAL budget capped at 7 million.
But the government see that as fair??
OUT,OUT,OUT!

Less 12-04-2016 09:00

Perhaps another reason for our M.P.'s to prefer us to stay in is, THEIR future relies on the EU?
Once they have been proven unfit for purpose as an M.P. and voted out by their constituents quite a lot of them then try to get voted in as M.E.P.'s thus extending their careers and the length of time they can keep their snouts in the trough by years.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2016 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1166069)
The only possible conundrum i can see is are we stupid or not.:rolleyes:

The EU obviously think we are.
If they did not think we were stupid, they would be hiding the fact that all the great reforms that our PM has got out of them,are not worth a sheet of Bronco.

They are relying on us being too dumb or too cowardly to stand up for ourselves.

Pretty soon they are going to be calling us 'The No Balls Brits'

Lucysgirl 12-04-2016 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1166039)
I suggest you send it back with some comment or other, so the tax payer doesn't get stung again use this address

Freepost RSBB-XRZT-XTXE
The Conservative Party Foundation
30 Millbank
LONDON
SW1P 4DP

here's what others are doing:-

The 11 Best Ways Britons Are Dumping David Cameron's £9M Pro-EU Propaganda Leaflet

I'm tempted, but the privatised post office will be chortling all the way to the bank for services rendered by returning the "freepost". I don't fancy stumping up a second time.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2016 12:30

But think of the irritation that will be caused by so many returned leaflets.........and it is giving some work to the Postal workers.
It will irritate me to get it...so I don't see why I should not pass on this irritation...and also let them recycle this bumf

I will certainly be sending mine back....I might even put a stamp on mine and send it back to Downing St.

cashman 12-04-2016 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucysgirl (Post 1166090)
I'm tempted, but the privatised post office will be chortling all the way to the bank for services rendered by returning the "freepost". I don't fancy stumping up a second time.

Sorry but that to me is simply making an excuse for this scum that govern us.:rolleyes:

accyman 12-04-2016 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1166081)
Perhaps another reason for our M.P.'s to prefer us to stay in is, THEIR future relies on the EU?
Once they have been proven unfit for purpose as an M.P. and voted out by their constituents quite a lot of them then try to get voted in as M.E.P.'s thus extending their careers and the length of time they can keep their snouts in the trough by years.

i think one of those pigs is been sick....

must have had a MP sausage that wasnt to his liking

JCB 13-04-2016 10:20

I just got an email saying that Parliament will debate the petition some of us signed .

It won't make much difference , but it's better than sitting on your hands and doing nothing .

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/116762

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2016 10:32

Yes, I have had that e-mail too and like you my thoughts were that it will just be something that makes little difference to the outcome....but maybe it might just make the politicians realise that we do care what they do with our taxes.
That money should not be wasted on such pointless leaflets(I have got mine today and it gives no real worthwhile information, so serves no purpose).
I would rather this money be spent on ensuring the sick and the disabled were cared for in a better manner.

I have just put mine in an envelope and it is going to be posted back to the PM today......not the freepost address, but 10 Downing Street.
I am happy to pay the cost of a stamp for it to cause the PM's Office some irritation.(I am sure they will not bother to read my comments on it...all clean, but pithy)

DaveinGermany 13-04-2016 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1166128)
I just got an email saying that Parliament will debate the petition some of us signed .

Aye, me too! 9th May is the set date according to the drivel, neither use nor ornament to man or beast! Between now & then how much more shi-ite are they going to manage to shovel out onto the long suffering public?

Absolutely pathetic & underhanded. :mad:

accyman 13-04-2016 14:12

cameron should be made to refund the cost of the literature out of one of his off shore accounts

Less 13-04-2016 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1166130)
Aye, me too! 9th May is the set date according to the drivel, neither use nor ornament to man or beast! Between now & then how much more shi-ite are they going to manage to shovel out onto the long suffering public?

Absolutely pathetic & underhanded. :mad:

Got the same mail. The 9th is a perfect date, for him, he gets the elections on the 5th of May over with before he has to face any music.

Less 13-04-2016 14:24

Plus if his party actually do well in those elections he'll claim that he obviously has the nation's backing for all that he is doing.