Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

accyman 10-06-2015 14:26

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1142389)
Thats it in a nutshell to me, even though Cameron has now done a U-Turn on the personal voting, its utter bull, all it means is vote against n yeh will get no further in my government, plus many will vote to stay in, cos of natural greed, thats one hell of a gravy train they dont wanna miss.:rolleyes:

the threat is out there and his position is very clear and no amount of U-Turns will alter what was first said

if the OUT vote looses the stench of a corrupt referendum will hang over it and people will be back to square one demanding another referendum that is seen to be fair

this wont stop cameron standing up in 5 years saying he delivered what he promised

MPs are very cocky that way

MargaretR 11-06-2015 10:54

They are easily capable of electoral fraud when it suits.
There are rumours that some went on in Scotland.
Scottish referendum vote-rigging claims spark calls for recount | Politics | The Guardian

cmonstanley 11-06-2015 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1142431)
They are easily capable of electoral fraud when it suits.
There are rumours that some went on in Scotland.
Scottish referendum vote-rigging claims spark calls for recount | Politics | The Guardian

don't be mental as them they are a cult with no policies. 2 lottery winners financed the snp by the tune of 4 million 2 lottery winners who were taking british tax payers money in benefits .these photos have been proved to have been taken before they were even counted cctv proved this . they are sore losers.

jack preston 15-06-2015 18:34

All this referendum is bull,we cannot get out,look at Ireland they kept voting till it suited the e.u.What is really needed to stop all the migration is an e.u. minimum wage payable in all member states and the scrapping of tax credits.Camoron is a numpty.Look at Greece,does anyone think they will be allowed to defect.

accyman 16-06-2015 02:35

what people forget is that MPs are elected to represent the people

problem is the people doing the forgetting are the Mps

carpon 29-06-2015 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1142298)

We're a little nation in a world of big ones.
We haven't got a viable Army any more. We've hardly any Navy left- we've even had to borrow France's aircraft carrier. If we ever get our own carriers we've no planes for them. The RAF is just a shadow, we even struggle to keep 4 old Tornadoes flying in Iraq. We couldn't do the Falklands again,we couldn't do Iraq again(the Yanks had to help us out even then), we couldn't do Afghanistan again(the Yanks had to help us out even then). Without the Yanks we'd have been speaking German( or Russian ) for many years now. The Russians are flying round our coasts just for a laugh, checking if we still have any planes flying.

Sorry, but despite the cuts (which I don't agree with) we still retain the means to be a force in these modern times.

Our carriers are on order and in build and the J.S.F. (Joint Strike Fighter) will be ready to sit on them when completed. In the meantime we have made arrangements with allies to plug the temporary gap. We have Tornadoes based in the Falklands along with other hardware to act as a deterrent to the Argentines, not to mention countless troops based in or around the area..........all of which are deterring Argentina from going any further than foolhardy "rhetoric"

Your post is worded extremely badly and implies that we fought in Iraq & Afghanistan and relied on the U.S.A. to back us up....Quite incorrect.....we only committed a limited amount of resources and troops to support causes/ campaigns that where in essence American led. Albeit at a significant cost......and no-one should ever forget that.....

The comment about speaking German or Russian "for years now" is laughable....Unless you've forgotten history, it was a combined effort of British, American and Russian troops and hardware that stopped Hitler in his tracks.

As for the last sentence, We regularly scramble a token gesture (i.e a limited and appropriate response) of our air defences to intercept these probes.....Eurofighter Typhoons..... a very sophisticated and high tech fighter aircraft that I've had the privelage of working on ( along with the Tornado & other aircraft)...

What goes reported is how often the Russians send these probes to play the cat and mouse games that were commonplace during the "cold war"....have you ever stopped to think that we might be doing the same to probe Putin & the Russian defences ????

In summary, I feel your ill advised "comments" are an insult to our armed forces and the next time you take to the keyboard, I'd suggest you do some research before you spout your "opinion".

matty282 03-07-2015 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 1143580)

The comment about speaking German or Russian "for years now" is laughable....Unless you've forgotten history, it was a combined effort of British, American and Russian troops and hardware that stopped Hitler in his tracks.

We couldn't even cope properly with the Blitz. Just imagine a full scale invasion.

At the end of the war Russia was at a military production stage where it could have steamed rolled across ALL of Europe. The only thing stopping it was America and its bomb.

Hate to say it but without America he is right, we would be speaking either German or Russian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 1143580)
What goes reported is how often the Russians send these probes to play the cat and mouse games that were commonplace during the "cold war"....have you ever stopped to think that we might be doing the same to probe Putin & the Russian defences ????

probably true.

Michael1954 03-07-2015 07:32

Couldn't cope properly with the Blitz? What history books do you read?

Margaret Pilkington 03-07-2015 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty282 (Post 1143879)
We couldn't even cope properly with the Blitz. Just imagine a full scale invasion.

And your evidence for this statement???
Can we take it that you were there in person? Or is this just an assumption you have made based on no evidence at all.

Your comment will be seen as offensive by those who did survive the blitz.
I don't happen to be one of those, but my mother is....she survived the blitz in Sheffield......her mother was a fire warden and her father was an ARP warden.

cashman 03-07-2015 12:40

I think mattys comment is very offensive to the people and relatives who survived the Blitz, Seems to be the norm wi some these days.:rolleyes::(

Barrie Yates 03-07-2015 16:25

His comments add weight to my concerns that Darwin got it wrong with his theory of evolution.
Obviously this chap cannot read or even understand that had we (the British), not survived the blitz we could not have gone on to win WWII. In fact all the allied countries that opposed Hitler and his allies were at some time subjected to a blitz of one type or another and all survived in some form or other.

carpon 05-07-2015 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty282 (Post 1143879)

At the end of the war Russia was at a military production stage where it could have steamed rolled across ALL of Europe. The only thing stopping it was America and its bomb.

I often wonder whether some folk stop and think before engaging the" brain" and asking the digits to tap away at the keyboard.......

That comment is conclusive proof that it's a definatate no-no......:o

DaveinGermany 23-01-2016 16:18

Having just spent near on the last 2 hours watching a live stream of the launch of "GO - Grassroots out" a cross party campaign for the UK to get out of the EU. I must admit a certain quiet pride that there are folk still prepared to stand up for & who believe in UK as capable enough to go it alone.

As usual, the "Farage" showed his savvy showmanship & Liam Fox put across a well reasoned argument, even Kate Hoey showed that the Labour doggerel should be kicked into touch.

Now, if only enough of the neutered, liberalist, self loathing, whinging leftists, can take on board the plainly stated facts without resorting to their typical yowls condemning rational thinkers as Nazis & Racists ....... the UK could well be back on the road back to self governance & sensibility, one can only hope.

Just a little aside, I don't see that any of the MSM were running with this story, especially the Brussels Bullshting Co-operative!

accyman 23-01-2016 16:40

i wonder if the British are going to be conned and hoodwinked by cameron like the Scottish were with their referendum

he stayed quiet right up to the last point then dropped a load of scary tales of doom and gloom if they left on them and they folded like deckchairs

at least we will get a referendum even if the deck will be stacked in favour of staying in by their greedy few that benefit from been in it..Especially euro mps who have everything to loose and them that want to be future euro mp's

DaveinGermany 23-01-2016 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1159199)
he stayed quiet right up to the last point then dropped a load of scary tales of doom and gloom if they left on them and they folded like deckchairs

He's already trying it on, but as has been proven time & time again he's just a self serving traitorous wretch. Hopefully the bulk of Joe & Josephina Public will come to their senses & give him & the other EU leaning, British hating muppets a proper kicking at the polls!