Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2019 08:48

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

So Boris is off to see the Queen to ask for Parliament to be suspended until Oct 14th.

After seeing the shenanigans that the five traitors were involved in yesterday(Keir Starmer,Jo Swinson, Jeremy Corbyn that Lucas woman and some other non entity whose name currently escapes me) I have to say that it might be the right thing to do.

What did this group of plotters imagine they could do?
They talked of setting up an 'exiled' Parliament.
If they HAD passed laws, what validity would they have had.
This was a group that had not been voted into power of government, so should have no right to govern...they had no permission from the Queen and would really have been a coupe d'etat....an unconstitutional overthrow of an elected government.
Something you associate with countries in Africa.

While the suspension of Parliament in this instance is(I feel) right.....and that poor excuse for a PM John Major did it to deflect the 'cash for questions' issue in Parliament.
This action should not be undertaken lightly....because it could be seen as an abuse of power.
But, Go Boris,Go....get us out....let me taste my Dom Perignon. :)

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2019 10:25

Some of the remainer MP's are having apoplectic fits at the idea of suspending Parliament....thinking, Anna Soubry...in her PJs stamping her foot....Adam Boulton also seemed snippy and sour when interviewing a Tory MP too.....they just don't get it do they?

The Brussels crew will be pooing their pants at this bit of news.
It tells them that our New PM means business....that come October 31st we are gone....with a deal(if they blink first).....failing that their bloody minded intransigence will provoke us leaving without ratifying the WA.

Can't really see what the big fuss is about....Parliament would have got little done as we are heading into conference season anyway.

cashman 28-08-2019 11:27

Have just heard Soubary say B.J. has no mandate to suspend parliament, well that bitch and her mates have no mandate to oppose the peoples vote, hope that sinks in with people. they are all about what certain M.P.s want NOT the British Public who they are supposed to represent.

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2019 11:35

Nor5 have they a mandate to set up a rogue Parliament.
They say that Boris is undemocratic in suspending parliament...so what is setting up and exiled parliament then? Democratic...i don't think so!

and while I am on the rant...what the hell and tarnation is Justin Welby playing at trying to organise a Citizens Assembly...we have a citizens assembly...it is called the House of Commons and unlike the rabble that Justin welby is going to listen to...our Citizens assmbly is VOTED for by the electorate.

Rant over.

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2019 11:36

And if an election is called, I hope these traitors get their hides whipped out of Parliament

cashman 28-08-2019 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1230977)
And if an election is called, I hope these traitors get their hides whipped out of Parliament

Every single one of then SHOULD BE removed from office they DO NOT represent democracy at all.

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2019 16:15

They have come out in droves....and all these remainers need to either accept the fact that the electorates wishes are being followed at long last.....and if it is unacceptable to them, then let them move to Europe, where I am sure traitors are welcomed with open arms.

monkey hanger 29-08-2019 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1230978)
Every single one of then SHOULD BE removed from office they DO NOT represent democracy at all.

like a lot, they only believe in democracy when it suits them or the cause they follow.

Margaret Pilkington 29-08-2019 09:12

They cannot see that this strengthens our bargaining stance with those like Guy Verhofstad, Donald Tusk, Macron and Juncker.

If we keep doing what has been done over the last three years, nothing will change.....and we will still be paying Brussels 1.1 billion pounds per month for the dubious privilege....and having no say in anything.

I hope this works and kicks the remainers into touch.

Exile on Spencer St 29-08-2019 10:59

Just loving all those Remoaning democracy-deniers, who are intent on denying the results of the mandate from 72% of the electorate, whining that Johnson has ‘stolen’ democracy. After more than three years of wasted time, hot air, petty party posturing, the MPs want more time to debate with each other about what they don’t want.

However, keep your powder dry. I’m not totally convinced that Johnson, a public school Tory, will actually deliver a CLEAN Brexit. The risk is he gets the so-called Irish backstop, which is an entirely manufactured principle, removed or amended and then signs up for all the other traps that Tereason May was dying to sign up to. He’ll then come back, like Chamberlain, waving a piece of paper and claiming he’s got a deal.
Then comes an election.
So, I for one, will continue to support the Brexit Party and will be voting for them if we do not get completely out of the EUSSR.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUM3tWFe5Pw

cashman 29-08-2019 11:33

We must get completely outa the E.U. or i will vote Brexit Party also.no slimeball traps like May had

MoreJoe 29-08-2019 12:02

Good Ol' Nigel Farage.
A man who sees the Brussels Eurocrats for what they are.
And despises them!

Margaret Pilkington 29-08-2019 12:14

I am not sure about BJ delivering a clean Brexit.
If he cuts a deal and it has in it the elements of the WA put forward by TM, minus the backstop then that would not cut it....we would still be tied into the EU.
We need.....NO Customs Union, No Free Movement, NO single market, NO ECJ.....if that can't be delivered then we should walk away.

They are pooping themselves across the channel at the thought of losing 39 billion.....and the legal eagles say there is no way that the UK can be forced to cough up...no legal measures.

If it turns out to be Leave without ratifying the WA, then Boris will have done a good job.

As for an election....I would be worried about diluting the vote....and I cannot see the Brexit party will have anything to offer if we are out on the 31st of October.
I would find it hard to believe that the Brexit Party can get enough seats to form a government....and what is essential for the future is to have a government in power who have a working majority....one where they do NOT need to go 'cap in hand' to another political party to shore up votes on important issues.

What I DO hope, come the GE, is that the electorate remember those politicians who betrayed their constituents, and kick them as far into the long grass as possible.
I would fervently hope our own representative is one of them....and Mars is not far enough away.

Exile on Spencer St 29-08-2019 12:59

This suggests that the outcome of Tereason May’s so-called Withdrawal Agreement was to make us the EUSSR’s second colony.
A ‘vassal state’ in Johnson’s opinion.
But it’s what could still happen if he doesn’t deliver a CLEAN BREAK Brexit.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-e...rial-ambition/

cashman 29-08-2019 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1231019)
This suggests that the outcome of Tereason May’s so-called Withdrawal Agreement was to make us the EUSSR’s second colony.
A ‘vassal state’ in Johnson’s opinion.
But it’s what could still happen if he doesn’t deliver a CLEAN BREAK Brexit.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-e...rial-ambition/

that link is well worth reading.