Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

accybeme 12-12-2019 16:21

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

To me the BBC has never been politically neutral they have in the past been a strong supporters of the tory party, they have switch their allegiance purely because they are petrified of Brexit, for me you can flush the BBC down the toilet, along with the house of lords

AccyMad 12-12-2019 22:00

Had a call on my mobile about 8pm tonight from an unknown number, I was working so couldn't answer but they left me a voicemail - oh dear, thinks I - it must be important.
But no, the message was from, as she described herself 'a volunteer associated with the conservative party' just checking if I'd voted & encouraging me to be pretty damn quick about it if I hadn't!!
1) How the hell did they get my mobile number & 2) what gives them the right to hassle people like this
I don't care which party they were from, invading people's privacy in this way is not acceptable imho

Gremlin 12-12-2019 23:21

There was a lady in Todmorden who posted that she would be available to transport LABOUR voters to the polls.
She even said that the Labour Party had insured her to carry prospective voters.

accybeme 13-12-2019 02:48

Hyndburn Con Gain

Jimmy Clitheroe 13-12-2019 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1234343)
i certainly hope you are right jimmy, never ever thought i would say owt like that.

Am glad I was right - but also quite sad about it too. It just has the feeling more of a pyrrhic victory than anything.

DaveinGermany 14-12-2019 11:15

So the Boris has been given the "go ahead" in no uncertain terms, it now only remains to be seen if he truly is one of these rarities, an honest & integral politico. Must say that despite the right noises emanating from him & the tories I still have reservations about them giving the populace what they really want.

cashman 14-12-2019 12:52

had no internet for a few days but didn't miss the good news, Corbyn is History, pmsl,for me sadly Labour got "EXACTLY" what they deserved, and i am really glad.

Margaret Pilkington 14-12-2019 13:50

All those who changed parties lost their seats.
The swamp has been drained....now it is a very different looking administration.
I am pretty sure that those in Brussels are feeling a bit twitched.
Who knows, the laws that initially tied the PM's hands might just be repealed.
(And the plans that were being made for a clean Brexit never stopped... not that I am saying that the current WA will be ditched)

Jimmy Clitheroe 17-12-2019 13:33

Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't the Remain lot say how the pound was going to drop like a stone and end up on a par with the Venezuelan fig leaf ?

Exile on Spencer St 20-12-2019 11:39

Some of you may have voted for this chap over the summer but won’t find the BBC reporting what he told the EUSSR ‘parliament’ (sic) yesterday.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_dec_eu_superstate

Margaret Pilkington 22-12-2019 11:58

It has been reported that once the UK leaves the EU.....there will be some changes.
Currently, there are rooms in Strasbourg named after Sir Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher....once we have left,these rooms will be re-named and all references to any British statesman/woman will be removed from the EU offices.

Now....what does that tell you about this sad bunch of people?
It tells me that they are peevish and childish(NOT something we did not already know).
As if that will make one iota of difference.
Right now, they are bricking it because they have lost their band of useful idiots(those MP's who thwarted the will of the people).
We are leaving, no more extensions or delays.....and it might even come to a clean, no strings attached leave.....which is what I voted for anyway.
It is looking like my bottle of vintage Dom might at last get supped.

cashman 22-12-2019 13:57

lets hope so.

Margaret Pilkington 22-12-2019 14:55

Yes Cashy...on all counts...leaving, No single market, no freedom of movement, no customs union, no ECJ.....and no paying into their money pit.

Scotland wants independence from the UK....but is ready to sell itself to the undemocratic EU.
Have they not been watching, or listening to the insults directed at a 'much valued' member?(only valued for its cash.)

cashman 22-12-2019 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234760)
Yes Cashy...on all counts...leaving, No single market, no freedom of movement, no customs union, no ECJ.....and no paying into their money pit.

Scotland wants independence from the UK....but is ready to sell itself to the undemocratic EU.
Have they not been watching, or listening to the insults directed at a 'much valued' member?(only valued for its cash.)

i am not that sure Scotland wants independence from the U.K. that silly cow does but aint sure the majority of scots do. i credit em with more sense than that. to be honest i would be surprised if that was the case.

Jimmy Clitheroe 22-12-2019 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234756)
It has been reported that once the UK leaves the EU.....there will be some changes.
Currently, there are rooms in Strasbourg named after Sir Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher....once we have left,these rooms will be re-named and all references to any British statesman/woman will be removed from the EU offices.

How damnably petty - what are they going to rename them to ? The Hitler and Goering suites ?