Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 01-02-2020 11:13

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Reading what Exile has written and Cashy too...I agree entirely.
It will not be until a deal(or perhaps no deal, if the EU insist on jacking us about) has been hammered out and the transition ends that we will truly be free and I would not put it past the remoaners to do everything in their power to make this as difficult as possible.
It's not over because the fat lady has not sung....YET

Margaret Pilkington 01-02-2020 12:33

This is what I was doing on the last few minutes before we were out(but not quite all the way).

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...going-now.html

MoreJoe 01-02-2020 12:40

Congratulations!
You are out!
Well done!
As Winston Churchill once said:

“Each time we must choose between Europe and the open sea, we shall always choose the open sea.”

Sincerely,
MoreJoe

Margaret Pilkington 01-02-2020 13:28

I agree with Churchill!

cashman 01-02-2020 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1236647)
I agree with Churchill!

i do also,

Exile on Spencer St 02-02-2020 09:52

1 Attachment(s)
Sign outside pub....

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2020 14:10

The Eu must be really desperate....Donald Tusk is giving hope to Scotland being accepted as a member.
He says he feels very Scottish....does that mean he has his hands on his Trossachs?
No don't answer that...it is a thought too far.

Hill Walker 02-02-2020 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1236704)
The Eu must be really desperate....Donald Tusk is giving hope to Scotland being accepted as a member.

Apparently some other countries are 'interested' in joining the EU. Who else in Europe other than Switzerland, Turkey and Russia are not in. If its Lebanon, Israel (they turn up for the song contest), or the southern med countries they will have to change the name!

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2020 15:42

slovakia want to join, but that is because the EU are wooing them with vast sums of money...probably that we have poured into the pot.
Also I read something today which says that we will be contributing to the EU coffers until 2064.They also want another billion quid from us because our economy is thriving.
I would be telling them to sit on it and twist until their nose bleeds.

I cannot put into words my complete and utter loathing for this corrupt lot.

Hill Walker 02-02-2020 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1236707)
slovakia want to join, but that is because the EU are wooing them with vast sums of money...probably that we have poured into the pot.

According to Wikipedia Slovakia is already in and the list 'must be up to date' because we are not on it any more.

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2020 16:34

Oh maybe it is one of those other eastern bloc countries....it isn't Estonia, they're in too.
My daughter and I were talking about it yesterday....it has just come to me....not Slovakia, but Serbia....well, let me off....they do both begin with S.
Never mind, just glad to be out.
I wish them all a happy time.

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2020 17:59

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...vorce-bill-spt

Robbin' dogs!

Exile on Spencer St 02-02-2020 18:28

Assuming the EUSSR still exists in 2064 is debatable.;)

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2020 20:28

Yes of course...I really hope that it doesn't.
I am hoping it folds in less than ten years...what do you think the chances are?

Exile on Spencer St 02-02-2020 21:57

I guess it all depends on how the electorate in, maybe, three of four countries act.
We have a German friend who tells us there is much disgruntlement amongst her countrymen and women about the EU. But, Germany is even more than ever the economic engine of the EU and, along with their inherited guilt about their neighbours, I doubt their politicians would want to be the ones to ‘destroy’ Europe (again).

Italy could decide it’s not worth staying in. Since they adopted the Euro there’s been little or no economic growth. What’s to lose! But the EU wouldn’t collapse without Italy.

France invented what’s become the EU to protect its peasant farmers and artisans from nasty Anglo-Saxon competition. The trouble with the French is that protesting against their government is an annual ritual, and their police are quite happy to smash French skulls. It’s no coincidence that Macron has exempted the police from the proposed pension cuts that will apply to all other public sector workers. So I doubt the French elite would have any qualms about ‘dealing with’ any anti-EU movement if it started to get close to power.

The interesting one might be the Netherlands. I suspect Verhofstadt is but a lone extremist in a country that has lots of EU sceptics and, if you recall, voted against the early ‘constitution’ that eventually turned into the Lisbon Treaty (you remember, that was the one on which John Major wouldn’t allow us a referendum).

But, then, it’s their Empire. Leave ‘em to it, I say.