Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Exile on Spencer St 23-07-2020 12:34

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Another great article from Brendan O’Neill.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...he-people-are/

S’funny how the Brussels Broadcasting Corruption, in this particular case, don’t seem to regard a rumour without any factual evidence to back it up is just another ‘conspiracy theory’.
And yet that’s one of their go-to responses for every thing that doesn’t match the BBC’s political agenda.

cashman 23-07-2020 13:13

have to say the bit that says the remainer elite cause bigger threat to democracy than Putin is 100% correct as far as i'm concerned and i have an intense dislike for Putin.

Margaret Pilkington 23-07-2020 13:25

Yes, it was ME too...I was not influenced by anyone.
I made my mind up in 1975.....that the best thing we could be was OUT.
Nothing that was said or done made me reconsider my view.

DaveinGermany 23-07-2020 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1242300)
It will probably taste like monkey pee.

Now there's something that will be a once in a lifetime experience! :eek: :D

DaveinGermany 23-07-2020 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1242325)
A car crash? It wouldn't happen, none of those dozy beggars would be able to agree where to sit in the car, Who should drive, how to get the car out of neutral, or how far they should travel before having the crash.

And you can be pretty sure said car will be of German origin! ;)

For safety I'd suggest a Hanomag Half track. :D

monkey hanger 24-07-2020 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1242347)
And you can be pretty sure said car will be of German origin! ;)

For safety I'd suggest a Hanomag Half track. :D

as long as its an electric powered one they would be fine.

Exile on Spencer St 24-07-2020 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242348)
as long as its an electric powered one they would be fine.

Germany won’t have any electricity soon, it’ll have to run on Russian gas.;)

Question for the BBC conspiracy theorists.
Why would Putin waste time interfering in the referendum to persuade people to vote to leave the EU when he’s managed to stitch up the EU’s economic power-house (Germany) so that they will soon be totally dependent on Russia for its energy?
Seems to me it would be better for Putin to have more countries in a defenceless EU that, through the Fatherland, he can simply squeeze into compliance by threatening to switch off the gas supplies.

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2020 08:59

That is a question you will wait a long time to get answered.
It does not fit the BBC agenda to tell the truth....they only recognise their own truths.....those that have loony leftist spin on them....anything else is beneath contempt.

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2020 09:02

It must have choked the BBC to have to admit the anti Brexit bias that we were subjected to for three years....no stories reported or promoted that gave any possible positives of leaving the EU.
This is supposed to be the Nations unbiased broadcaster.
High time it was defunded and made to support itself.

monkey hanger 25-07-2020 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1242356)
This is supposed to be the Nations unbiased broadcaster.
High time it was defunded and made to support itself.

agree, but those on the loony left actually accuse the BBC of being a tory mouthpiece. always thought the position of the brain was in the head, but with these people it must be somewhere else lower in the body.

Margaret Pilkington 25-07-2020 07:43

That is because they have Cranial Anal inversion (they have their head up their bum.)

Margaret Pilkington 25-07-2020 09:38

an alternative term for this is Recto-Cranial inversion...or take your head out of your Ass...it's not a hat!

Exile on Spencer St 11-08-2020 12:26

It’s not just pandemics that seem to encourage Global Government and their bureaucracies to lie through statistics.
Apparently the 100 “trade agreements” trumpeted by the EU turn out to be, er, 11.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_aug_e...ng_trade_deals

Interesting that the best the EU can come up with, as a reason why trade deals are important is because they will protect “champagne and Roquefort cheese”.

Quelle surprise! :rolleyes:

Jimmy Clitheroe 12-08-2020 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242334)
have to say the bit that says the remainer elite cause bigger threat to democracy than Putin is 100% correct as far as i'm concerned and i have an intense dislike for Putin.

I'm sure Vlad has a lot of bad press and if you were down the pub with him he'd be a good crack - as long as you laughed at all of his jokes and didn't insult his mule.

DaveinGermany 24-12-2020 11:43

I know this thread has taken a bit of a back seat of late due to other things, not least the covid carry on, but here we are 24th Dec 2020, 7 days away from the long awaited Brexit & escape from the grasp of Brussels with noises coming out of nr.10 & eu hq that finally a deal is on the cards, confirmation at some point today!

So finally after all these years conniving & wrangling a bright future awaits a free & independent UK (according to BoJo & tories). Who really believes this to be true? Personally from what I'm reading & hearing I do believe we're not getting what was promised & are being royaly stitched up, screwed over & hung out to dry, anyone care to comment, pro/contra doesn't really matter just wonder what folks are thinking.