Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Eric 10-06-2016 20:20

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1170301)
When the German army entered France In the early years of the last war the press at the time came out with tales of Nuns being crucified on church doors, this was later proved to be propaganda.The press love a good story but do not let facts get in the way of truth.

How do we know that this is not something of the same, it is o/k for all of us sitting in front of a computer terminal and being able to sleep comfortably and without fear in our beds but how would we feel if we ourselves were the youngsters that are being held in those camps.

What winds me up more than anything, is seeing the women and children suffering whilst the menfolk are still allowed to sport working testicles by the will of Allah.

Sorry, my comments may not be politically correct but they are genuine.

Forget about the press ... you have to have an opinion of your own. Go with it. And even tho' the press loves a good story, in WW2 the deaths of six million jews, two or three million Russian POWs, assorted gays, and the ... er, let's be PC and call them "differently abled" ... didn't seem newsworthy enough.:rolleyes: Crucified nuns sells more papers. Whatever. The press hasn't changed in the past seventy years.

"[B]eing able to sleep comfortably and without fear in our beds" reminds me of this: "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Just an aside.;) Support our troops/Appuyons nos troupes.:alright:

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2016 21:21

As an aside, why do these Muslim men want to come to the west?
They openly despise western values, freedom of speech, freedom of expression.they purport to be of a peaceful religion, yet we cannot trust their motives for being here.
Men who are without women and children (forgive me Eric)are savages and will resort to tribal behaviour.

Barrie Yates 10-06-2016 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1170301)
When the German army entered France In the early years of the last war the press at the time came out with tales of Nuns being crucified on church doors, this was later proved to be propaganda.The press love a good story but do not let facts get in the way of truth.

How do we know that this is not something of the same, it is o/k for all of us sitting in front of a computer terminal and being able to sleep comfortably and without fear in our beds but how would we feel if we ourselves were the youngsters that are being held in those camps.

What winds me up more than anything, is seeing the women and children suffering whilst the menfolk are still allowed to sport working testicles by the will of Allah.

Sorry, my comments may not be politically correct but they are genuine.

Believe, or disbelieve what you will, that is your inalienable right. However, there would need to be a very complex conspiracy by a large section of the European media - not much of which is being shared by the UK media (I wonder why), but there can be no doubt of what happened in Germany recently - physical and sexual assaults on women, burning down of the refugee centres, a sharp rise in criminal activity, are you suggesting that these incidents are nothing more than propaganda by foreign media?

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2016 07:36

And if it IS propaganda it will not do much to persuade those who haven't yet made up their minds about how to vote in the EU referendum, to stay in the EU.
I think if it were propaganda then Germany is shooting itself in the foot.

I don't think these kind of problems are being magnified by the press.....in fact I think it is probably the reverse......the enormity of the situation may be being played down so as not to alarm the natives.

That is a kind of propaganda too.

DaveinGermany 11-06-2016 20:54

There's plenty going on in "The Fatherland", but "Mutti Merkel" & her cronies are trying their damnedest to keep it under wraps so as not to further rile the natives!

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2016 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1170379)
There's plenty going on in "The Fatherland", but "Mutti Merkel" & her cronies are trying their damnedest to keep it under wraps so as not to further rile the natives!

Isn't that propaganda? The suppression of information I mean.
Shouldn't there be transparency?
Oh no.
Silly me Germany is in the EU......one of the least transparent organisations in the world. Where policies are made by a committee of mandarins....unelected bureaucrats......no minutes taken at any of the meetings where laws and policies are made by these faceless overpaid men.

So it should be no surprise that news is suppressed.
They think that what we don't know won't harm them!
And what we DO know won't harm them either because they CANNOT be removed.

DaveinGermany 11-06-2016 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1170381)
Silly me Germany is in the EU......

Not only in it Ma, but practically running it! (To their benefit to be sure)

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2016 21:30

Yes Son, which makes it all the more despicable.

Barrie Yates 11-06-2016 22:43

Something more to lighten the thread:-
A pretty little girl named Suzy was sitting on the pavement in front of her home. Next to her was a basket containing a number of tiny creatures and in her hand was a sign announcing "FREE KITTENS".

Suddenly a line of big cars pulled up beside her.

Out of the lead car stepped a grinning man. "Hi there little girl, I'm the leader of the Conservative Party and the Prime Minister, David Cameron. What do you have in the basket?" he asked.

"Kittens," little Suzy said. "How old are they?" asked Mr Cameron.

Suzy replied, "They're so young, their eyes aren't even open yet."

"And what kind of kittens are they?"

"They're REMAIN IN EU SUPPORTERS," answered Suzy with a sweet smile. Mr Cameron was delighted, a golden opportunity beckoned. As soon as he returned to his car, he called his Google Page Ranking chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens.

Recognizing the perfect photo opportunity, the three of them agreed that they should return the next day and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.

So the next day, Suzy was again on the pavement with her basket of"FREE KITTENS," when Cameron's motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from BBC, ITV, Channels 4, Channels 5,CNN and Sky News, cameras and audio equipment were quickly set up, then Cameron got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.

"Hello, again," he said, "I'd love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away."

"Yes sir," Suzy said. "They're BREXIT supporters."

Taken by surprise, David Cameron stammered,

"But...but...yesterday, you told me they were REMAIN IN EU SUPPORTERS." Little Suzy smiled and said, "I know. But today, they have their eyes open.

Provided by a friend

RainbowSix 14-06-2016 12:43

Still undecided....

I just don't want to agree with that Blond Buffoon from darn sarf.... xD

cashman 14-06-2016 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1170471)
Still undecided....

Whilst i agree with yer description of him, hes a damn site more right on this issue than MOST labour MPS FACT.

Margaret Pilkington 14-06-2016 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1170471)
Still undecided....

If you vote to stay then that will make you feel better that you have gone against Boris will it?
You want to believe what the likes of Tony Blair and John Major tell you?

This is NOT some petty point scoring exercise, it is about whether we ever get the chance to determine our own future.......and even if we vote to Leave....leaving is not guaranteed as Parliament may over-rule the electorate(I would not like to say what would happen in those circumstances).

If you vote to stay you are voting to be ruled by bureaucrats in Brussels that you can NEVER remove. The laws are made by committees...with no thoughts of those that the laws will effect.
The only thing that those in Brussels want us for is our contribution.......they treat us with contempt over everything else and they have openly said that whatever happens we will pay for being the upstarts.
They want compliant little countries who do as they are told, cough up the money, don't ask questions - we are NOT that nation.

Remember the EU is there to serve that elite 1%...the big corporations, the banks the people with money.

Our influence in determining policy is 9%, yet we are the third biggest contributor to the EU.

Ask yourself .....if the EU were a business would you buy shares in it?
if your answer is NO then there you have the answer to whether to stay in the EU or not.

Less 14-06-2016 16:14

Be honest folks we are all frightened by the what ifs, what if we stay and are still expected to contribute a large amount with no real say about where it should be spent.
What if we come out and the powers within the EU create a trading embargo against us?
What if we stay and some miracle makes our garden rosey?
What if we come out and this creates WW3?
None of these questions have answers until we live with the consequences of voting.
So far we have had nothing but negative thrown at us by the EU, you dare to come out and we will make your life hell.
Surely if the EU was even slightly worth considering staying with they wouldn't threaten, they would be convincing us by explaining how much of an advantage we would be in carrying Europe and therefore the rest of the world forward to a prosperous future.

I haven't read much about that being the case anywhere, please vote leave save one nation from this tyranny, make it OURS.

Margaret Pilkington 14-06-2016 17:52

Less...Nigel Farage has said he hasn't got a clue how leaving the EU will affect the UK.
That is honesty.
All the other politicians had made guesses, the businesses have made guesses, the bank of England has made guesses.......and we have to remember that in the past many of these so called Experts have been wide of the mark.

What leaving the EU WILL do, is give us the right to determine in what direction we want to go.
It will allow us to police our borders...it will allow us to determine where the subs to the expensive club that is the EU, can better be spent.
It will mean that we won't be told that we can only have low powered vacuum cleaners, or hair dryers(and I know that sounds very petty...but these are the kind of things which the EU concerns itself with...rather than dealing with the huge problems of budgets and refugee/migrants).

And yes, you are right Less. If the members of the EU REALLY wanted us to stay, then they would be doing more on the positive front to make this possible(likely even)....that they aren't says much about the anti democrastic regime...it isn't democracy when you don't have a say...it is a dictatorship.

cashman 14-06-2016 18:20

If Leave does happen to win, which i sincerly hope, we have more to fear from Cameron @ Osborne, than these creeps oer in Brussels in my view.;)