Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

China Doll 22-06-2016 10:22

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I stand corrected

Margaret Pilkington 22-06-2016 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by umpire (Post 1170833)
WE'VE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE
IF IT'S THE LAST THING WE EVER DO.
Right now all the Brussels copiers are being loaded up to print the backlog of regulations dreamt up by the clerks, Osbourne's revenge will be a mere fleabite compared to what that lot will have devised.

The Germans and French have been scheming this for years and will never let it go so whichever way we jump there will be tough times ahead, but let them be our tough times!.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

Umpire, I agree and it is something that member states of the EU have made no bones about.
If we stay in, the EU will feel the need to make an example of us(isn't this a sort of bullying - do we want to be in a 'club' which bullies , blackmails and rules its members by such methods?)to make sure no other little upstart countries think they can pull the same stunt.

We have survived tough before....I would rather roar like a lion than follow like a sheep.....I would rather choke on a big bite of independence than nibble on subservience....Especially subservience to Germany!

MrPastry 22-06-2016 10:47

Having survived the Thatcher years I'm pretty certain we will survive a walk out. Of all the debates over the decades I have heard issued by 'the media' this recent round has been the most protracted load of purposeful trash witnessed set out to confuse the public to the limit and beyond. The great hope now is that people actually do turn out to vote.

DaveinGermany 22-06-2016 11:10

Some food for thought prior to voting tomorrow

https://heatst.com/politics/everythi...he-referendum/

Margaret Pilkington 22-06-2016 11:25

I might just be waiting at the doors of Mercer House when they open in the morning.
I have never felt more certain or purposeful about anything since I retired.
I think the media have taken us for numbskulls a lot of the time...the politiciands too.

I am actually dreading waking up on Friday morning to find that we are still enmeshed in the undemocratic, bloated, sclerotic,self interested EU...and I feel that even if we are still in it, the EU is on self destruct mode and we might just be sucked into the melee that ensues when it does implode.

Eric 22-06-2016 13:09

Just looked at some of the latest predictions ... So close that I'm willing to bet the farm that whoever wins it won't be over. Nobody's gonna say "Great game. Best team won. Let's go have a beer." This ain't a game of cricket. From what I read it seems to be a war. It's not being fought by gentlemen ... Oh, and "ladies"; forgot for a minute that it was 2016 ... but by politicians and functionaries, and self-interested, greedy, tax-avoiding sonsabitches. Whoever wins, the problem ain't going to go away quietly.

Best outcome in my humble, colonial, backwoods opinion: A victory for "out". Followed by an almost inevitable collapse of the EU.;)

I'll be following the vote. I trust you will all get out and cast your ballots. May the Force be with you.:D

Margaret Pilkington 22-06-2016 14:27

you can't expect a 'clean' contest when the Bankers are involved in bank rolling the proceedings...they want what THEY want...not necessarily what is good for us, or for the UK in general.......and there has been a lot of 'talking down ' of the UK by people who will later blame those who want to be out (of this corrupt organisation) for the dip in financial confidence.
It is the bankers and industrialists and the likes of John Major and Tony Blair(spit) who are giving the country a bad name. Heaven forbid that these no counts miss a seat on the Eu gravy train.

taddy 22-06-2016 20:45

Just returned from sampling a pint or two, whilst there one of my drinking buddies showed me an extract from a book written in the 1960's by a German politician, the gist of it being.

"Although the British have beaten us twice by force of arm's, we shall win in the end by monetary means".

Ring any bells ?

Exile on Spencer St 22-06-2016 20:54

When the Greek nation was voting recently in its referendum on whether to put up with the EU austerity, Jean-Claude Juncker (der Fuhrer) said "There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties".
Tomorrow's vote is NOT about economics it is about FREEDOM.
If we vote anything other than LEAVE, it may as well be the last time any of us bother voting.
Ignore the lies, spin and fear-mongering from the bankers and their political puppets.
VOTE LEAVE to remain a free country.

taddy 22-06-2016 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1170882)
Just returned from sampling a pint or two, whilst there one of my drinking buddies showed me an extract from a book written in the 1960's by a German politician, the gist of it being.

"Although the British have beaten us twice by force of arm's, we shall win in the end by monetary means".

Ring any bells ?

And as for France, the other heir to the throne of Europe, we have been at each others throats since 1066. Britain is and always has been a unique island race, welcome immigrants by all means but on our terms, as and when needed, not as and when told to do so by unelected bureaucrats. Rant over, stay happy, Your's Taddy.

P.S. I may even rise early in order to get my leave vote in first, (repeat may).

DaveinGermany 23-06-2016 05:37

D-Day 2! Go for it folks & let the Brits once again fight for what's right & freedom for ourselves & Europe!

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2016 06:07

Get OUT there and vote LEAVE!

Barrie Yates 23-06-2016 06:42

One must also realise that voting Leave will also give us a very good chance of getting rid of DC as there are adequate numbers of the Parliamentary Tory Party ready to submit a vote of No Confidence in DC which could very likely trigger a leadership contest. Likely then that DC will resign and whoever takes over will most likely get rid of the toxic Osborne and some other DC acolytes. Vote out - we have nothing to lose but so much to gain.

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2016 07:35

I have been and voted and it was busy....far busier than any general or local election.

Barrie Yates 23-06-2016 08:04

Posted ours over a week ago - both OUT.