Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2016 20:31

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Even the times when I haven't voted for any political party(in General elections).....I have gone down to the polling station and scrawled something on my ballot paper...like 'None of the above'.
I don't want anyone to think I am apathetic, lazy or not bothered...it is just that sometimes my conscience would not allow me to place my X in any of their boxes....because they did not deserve my vote.

In local elections it is different.......I vote for the person who I think is most capable of doing the job, regardless of which party they happen to belong to.
I don't think party politics has any place in local elections......all our local councillors should be working collaboratively for the good of the town.

Less 23-06-2016 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1170947)
I wonder how many times those that take your voting card hear "ip dip dog.sh..." or "eeny meeny miny mo" coming from the booths.... :)

My vote is secret too. So secret that even I don't know what it is yet ...

Thank goodness this isn't important, how on earth would you cope if it was?

(Pathetic).

cashman 23-06-2016 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1170971)
By the way I am now eight months away from my 70th birthday

Well yeh aint that much older than me.:D

Barrie Yates 23-06-2016 21:50

Not able to vote in every election that has happened in my lifetime due to being overseas a fair bit, but I have voted in everyone that I could. No hard and fast alliance with any party, I have voted both Tory and Labour, and also UKIP in the odd one. My decision has always been based on the most believable manifesto, what I thought of the party hierarchy at that time, and most of all, whichever way I thought was the right way to vote.
I voted Leave and proud to want our Sovereignty, Democracy, Rule of Law, Economy and our Security and Military to be controlled by us, the British.

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2016 21:55

I will drink to that Barrie......make mine a 'builders tea':)

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2016 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1170984)
Well yeh aint that much older than me.:D

Well I am proud to say I am 16.....the rest is VAT! :D

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2016 22:00

Well....we have to sleep on it now.
I am dreading waking up in the morning and finding that the British public have been too lily livered to grasp this opportunity and run with it.
There is nothing I would like more than to spit in Jean Claude Junkers eye....metaphorically that is.

Eric 23-06-2016 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1170971)
By the way I am now eight months away from my 70th birthday

As one of our Australian members put it: Your "Biblical best before age".;)

Seventy aint so bad; I've been that age for almost seven months.

Eric 23-06-2016 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1170989)
Well....we have to sleep on it now.
I am dreading waking up in the morning and finding that the British public have been too lily livered to grasp this opportunity and run with it.
There is nothing I would like more than to spit in Jean Claude Junkers eye....metaphorically that is.

You're not gonna stay up:eek: I am. Ok ... so we are five hours behind you guys:D I see Sunderland voted heavily "out" .... Ha'way the lads ... and the lasses too.:dancedog:

odders 24-06-2016 02:12

I hope my none vote counted, nothing's going to change,back to normal life and same old crap...how many hours were wasted on this complete bum over tit farce ... I guess it's been a good cover for the bigger things we do have a voice about... Happy Days either way because it won't affect me, nothing will change

DaveinGermany 24-06-2016 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 1170998)
I hope my none vote counted, nothing's going to change,back to normal life and same old crap...how many hours were wasted on this complete bum over tit farce ... I guess it's been a good cover for the bigger things we do have a voice about... Happy Days either way because it won't affect me, nothing will change

My, aren't you a barrel of laughs? I bet you're a proper party animal when out for a drink!

On another point, here's one of those decisions the eu held back prior to voting

EU announces migrant passpost on EU referendum day | World | News | Daily Express

More joys & enrichment by being part of the eu "Happy house", hopefully though it looks like we might just miss out on this one & the many to follow.

Eric 24-06-2016 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1171000)
My, aren't you a barrel of laughs? I bet you're a proper party animal when out for a drink!

On another point, here's one of those decisions the eu held back prior to voting

EU announces migrant passpost on EU referendum day | World | News | Daily Express

More joys & enrichment by being part of the eu "Happy house", hopefully though it looks like we might just miss out on this one & the many to follow.

What's with Liverpool? Voting "In":eek: Probably the scousers found the question too complicated and confusing ... the one's that can read that is.;) Over here, there's still a couple of drinking hours left at the bar. I think I'll head out for a pint or two ... to celebrate. I see that Hyndburn voted overwhelmingly to leave.:alright:

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 05:44

I haven't surfaced yet.....by that I mean that although awake, I have not ventured downstairs.
Good to hear that Hyndburn voted 'Leave'....that will be one in the eye for our MP.
I was trying to come up with a comment that contained 95% but my brain is not in gear yet.

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 1170998)

If you really think that whichever way you voted, things won't change.....and that this will not affect you.....you are seriously deluded.
If we stay in, we will have no leverage in the EU ever again.....the EU will 'dump' on us(a polite euphemism for covering us with brown smelly stuff) for our audacity.....they will up,our contributions, they will remove our rebate and they will direct as many migrants in our direction as they can.....until we sink under the mire.

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1170993)
You're not gonna stay up:eek: I am. Ok ... so we are five hours behind you guys:D I see Sunderland voted heavily "out" .... Ha'way the lads ... and the lasses too.:dancedog:

No Eric, if staying up meant that we could cut the ties that bind us to the EU....I would do it. But me staying awake won't guarantee the results I would like to see....and I did not want to be miserable AND tired.