Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Barrie Yates 24-06-2016 08:25

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171012)
Looking forward now to "Krystal Nacht" or "The Night of the Long Knives". Goodbye DC, GO & JC.

DC couldn't wait - he will leave as PM before the Tory Conference, let us hope that quite a few more choose to fall on their swords before the boot is put in up to the 12th lace hole.

Exile on Spencer St 24-06-2016 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171018)
Whilst i am over the moon with this,its a very sad day for the Labour Party in my view, They have alienated many of their voters by their arrogant stance, and sadly they may not recover from not listening to the voters for many years, hope i am wrong, but somehow i doubt it.

You're spot on, Cashy.
Corbyn has blown his chance to show how close he holds to his principles. As soon as he got in with the 'protected' elite, he bottled it.
Currently listening to Mandelson wittering on the BBC (there's a nauseous combination) about the Labour Party - he is the personification of what went wrong with that Party.

taddy 24-06-2016 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1170987)
Well I am proud to say I am 16.....the rest is VAT! :D

A late mate of mine used to say that a woman is as old as she feels, but a man is as old as the woman he feels,:)

cashman 24-06-2016 09:11

Funny the medias not mentioned T.Blair"? he was only saying,one day later he would want to be president of Europe, Well that aint gonna happen now for the tosspot.:D

taddy 24-06-2016 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171020)
Cameron has resigned, nothings changed odders.:rolleyes:

Although I have always thought of him as a millionairs lacky, there is no doubt that he is a proud Englishman at heart,his speech outside No 10 this morning was of a staunch, sincere, proud man who loves his country, you could hear the croak in his voice just prior to leading his wife back into No 10 with a gesture of affection rarely seen from a politician

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 09:56

This all shows that you cannot trust polls...or politicians.
Seize the day and put no trust in the future, it is built on shifting sands.

I am listening to people (experts?)who are predicting doom and gloom....this is not a it productive. It is talking down the UK. Not a good thing.
The people have spoken and we now have to roll up our sleeves and get down to work.

Hill Walker 24-06-2016 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171039)

I am listening to people (experts?)who are predicting doom and gloom....this is not a it productive. It is talking down the UK. Not a good thing.
The people have spoken and we now have to roll up our sleeves and get down to work.

A poor but not completely inaccurate analagy is that this is like buying a new house where you have to pay the lawyers, the movers and work out a new morgage, buy a few new bits and chuck out a few old bits. In other words things will settle down but only after a bit of hard work and dislocation.

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 10:24

No it is not a poor analogy, it reflects accurately that this is just the start of a lot of hard work.
We need to do that with the idea that we can make the place a home that is comfortable for our family.

This vote, while it is being seen in some quarters as negative,(by those who have much to lose) could be the catalyst that kick starts the EU into meaningful reform.
For it surely does need to be overhauled, root and branch.
It needs transparency, it needs democracy, it does not need the jingoistic, threat making politicians like Jean Claude Junker and others like him.
I think the threats about what would happen to us if we voted leave, have pushed many to decide that leaving was the only option.

Restless 24-06-2016 10:56

I didn't vote. I am most likely going to get flack for admitting so. Not that(like odders) i thought it a waste of time, a proverbial blowing smoke up the ass of the public and that nothing will change either way etc..... I ain't no politician and the whole thing is a bit complicated for me to make a sensible and intelligent decision on something that effects so many people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Restless 24-06-2016 10:59

Was swaying towards remain only because of the workers rights that we might lose now. For me it can't get any worse than it already is.

taddy 24-06-2016 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171039)
This all shows that you cannot trust polls...or politicians.
Seize the day and put no trust in the future, it is built on shifting sands.

If you cannot put any trust in the future Marge, then what can you put your trust in

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 11:25

You cannot put your trust in the future, because there are no guarantees...other than death and taxes.
I travel hopefully. I am a pragmatist(or at least I think I am). I deal with situations by rolling up my sleeves and doing what needs to be done....whether that is flower arranging(good stuff) or shovelling fisons(the not so good stuff).
My maxim is just get on and do it!

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1171043)
I didn't vote. I am most likely going to get flack for admitting so. Not that(like odders) i thought it a waste of time, a proverbial blowing smoke up the ass of the public and that nothing will change either way etc..... I ain't no politician and the whole thing is a bit complicated for me to make a sensible and intelligent decision on something that effects so many people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nope, not from me. I just think that if you don't understand something then you have two choices....educate yourself(Rob,you strike me as being a clever individual...and I mean that with respect) or, do what you did and abstain.

I spent time reading, not just the media, but diverse articles....and if I came up against something that baffled me I looked it up on a variety of sites.
I did not swallow all of the guff that was being fed to me.....and I looked into the backgrounds of those who were telling us we should stay....many of those had links to the EU....so they had a vested interest.
For me it was about democracy.
Those in Brussels making the rules are not elected by us, cannot be removed by us.....why do we need a parliament if our goverment are not making laws?

cashman 24-06-2016 11:36

Seems to me Camerons resigned cos the P.M.s job is gonna be much harder now, he can't sit on his arse n say can't do sod all, cos of this ruling from Brussels.:D:D:D:D

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171049)
Seems to me Camerons resigned cos the P.M.s job is gonna be much harder now, he can't sit on his arse n say can't do sod all, cos of this ruling from Brussels.:D:D:D:D

That is my feeling too....and I mentioned it in post 762.....he is leaving a mess to be cleaned up by whoever takes over from him....not an enviable job.....and I cannot think of a current serving politician that has the brains and the cojones to complete the task.