Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

egg&chips 26-06-2016 18:23

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1171225)
Sir has marked your essay,Cashy.

I know, I know. It wasn't a nice thing to do. I would ask forgiveness if I thought there would be much point but I suspect that I will forever be in Cashy's book of ignorant, arrogant individuals. We will be unlikely to dance with each other soon I fear, but I suppose that that's the nature of passioned discussion.

cashman 26-06-2016 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171228)
I know, I know. It wasn't a nice thing to do. I would ask forgiveness if I thought there would be much point but I suspect that I will forever be in Cashy's book of ignorant, arrogant individuals. We will be unlikely to dance with each other soon I fear, but I suppose that that's the nature of passioned discussion.

Spot on, can't argue wi that.

DaveinGermany 26-06-2016 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171219)
My children are the ones who may reap the bitter fruit from the referendum and it is for them that I actually feel like weeping.

Or equally, reap the rewards from an independent, self governing country. If we could know the future with any certainty, risks & chances wouldn't need to be taken, but as we don't ...... therefore this leap into the unknown has been sanctioned by the British people of the here & now!

The decision being taken in the main by older & "wiser" heads who have a recollection of UK prior to any sort of united europe, then in to a tentative trading bloc of 6 nations, later morphing into an increasingly larger, ungainly & undemocratic monster, devouring & destroying nation states as it mutated into the present day overbearing, constraining entity it is at present.

Due to eu policies, many smaller countries are suffering, it didn't help that the eu's attitude was mainly to blame for not maintaining its own entry criteria on new entrants. Then when things go pear shaped the minnows were thrown to the wolves & told to see how they get on with it or "Bend over & take more europe" hardly utopian is it?

The eu won't change despite noises to the contrary & I personally see it imploding in upon itself before to long. The upshot, Britain is now out, it won't be easy but at least we can get our feet under ourselves & re-establish our Country's, self reliance & stability without to many distractions. But, when the Weasel that's the eu goes pop .... nations trying to drag themselves out of the clag & snot are going to be in far more dire straits than the UK during our own rebirth!

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 18:41

Egg & chips I just had to 'like' your post.......It was the metal picture of you and Cashy doing a slow romantic waltz that did it for me......it made me smile.
You will find that Cashy is a man of few words....he calls a spade a spade and he is the salt of the earth. (sorry Cashy...couldn't have him thinking you were an ill educated philistine like me):D

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1171230)
Or equally, reap the rewards from an independent, self governing country. If we could know the future with any certainty, risks & chances wouldn't need to be taken, but as we don't ...... therefore this leap into the unknown has been sanctioned by the British people of the here & now!

The decision being taken in the main by older & "wiser" heads who have a recollection of UK prior to any sort of united europe, then in to a tentative trading bloc of 6 nations, later morphing into an increasingly larger, ungainly & undemocratic monster, devouring & destroying nation states as it mutated into the present day overbearing, constraining entity it is at present.

Due to eu policies, many smaller countries are suffering, it didn't help that the eu's attitude was mainly to blame for not maintaining its own entry criteria on new entrants. Then when things go pear shaped the minnows were thrown to the wolves & told to see how they get on with it or "Bend over & take more europe" hardly utopian is it?

The eu won't change despite noises to the contrary & I personally see it imploding in upon itself before to long. The upshot, Britain is now out, it won't be easy but at least we can get our feet under ourselves & re-establish our Country's, self reliance & stability without to many distractions. But, when the Weasel that's the eu goes pop .... nations trying to drag themselves out of the clag & snot are going to be in far more dire straits than the UK during our own rebirth!

Eloquently put son(especially the clag and snot bit)......you can be milk monitor next week.

DaveinGermany 26-06-2016 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171232)
Eloquently put son(especially the clag and snot bit)......you can be milk monitor next week.

And server, please, please! Then I get to lick the spoon after dishing out the custard & sticky toffee puddin' !:D

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171224)
We have stood alone on a number of occasions and each time - since 1066, have successfully overcome whatever challenged us - we are the British and we will overcome despite what the doom mongers predict.

This is definitely the attitude we have now to cultivate and god only knows we have enough of the brown fertilzer about to make it grow.

We are currently the worlds fifth largest economy and unlike the countries of the EU our economy has prospered, while many of the member states has failed or is in the doldrums.
We have to believe that we can forge our own future. We cannot ask others to believe in us if we do not believe in ourselves.

It is the doom and gloom mongers(the bankers, the large corporations) those who would have benefitted from us staying where we were, who are damaging our reputation.
It is they who are responsible for the knee jerk reaction of money markets.......but they will blame the people who voted leave because they are an easy target.
If we had voted to remain, it would have been just the same....any upsets would have been laid at the door of those who stirred their stumps and voted.

Eric 26-06-2016 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171224)
We have stood alone on a number of occasions and each time - since 1066, have successfully overcome whatever challenged us - we are the British and we will overcome despite what the doom mongers predict.

Love it when the doom mongers are proved wrong. My favorite among these is Maxime Weygand, ironically, born in Brussels;), one of only a few generals in history to be appointed primarily to surrender on decent terms. Churchill answered him brilliantly in a speech delivered to the Canadian Parliament in late 1941.

I've always liked this, from Len Deighton Blood, Tears and Folly: An Objective Look at World War ll: "Half a century has passed, and the time has come to sweep away the myths and reveal the no less inspiring gleam of that complex and frightening time in which evil was in the ascendant, goodness diffident, and the British - impetuous, foolish, and brave beyond measure - the world's only hope." And let's not forget the Canadians and those wonderful folks from Down Under.;) It's time to move on and deal with the 21st century realities. But it's never time to forget what can be accomplished even when there is no real expectation of victory.

Hill Walker 26-06-2016 20:06

In my ignorance I thought we had just voted on EU membership - not the seating plan in Westminster. They have just been given their biggest job in the last 50 years and all they seem to be thinking about is their future job prospects.

Exile on Spencer St 26-06-2016 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Walker (Post 1171242)
In my ignorance I thought we had just voted on EU membership - not the seating plan in Westminster. They have just been given their biggest job in the last 50 years and all they seem to be thinking about is their future job prospects.

'Twas ever thus.

Less 27-06-2016 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171223)
My dear, dear Cashy, I will act the part that you have cast me in. Enter pantomime demon:dflam:

I think that this is what you mean to say, but with lack of punctuation, I am uncertain.

"No, you're arrogant and snotty not because you disagree, BUT because it's what you are, simple as. Your ignorant comments ARE on here for anyone to make their own minds up about."

Now THAT was an arrogant thing for me to do as I'm sure "yeh" will agree.:rolleyes:

I don't know the meaning of the word "ignorant" just like I can't stand intolerance.

What a shame, you only joined in the debate after the results were in, had you taken time before the event maybe you would still have made no difference to the outcome (or maybe even more folk from Hyndburn would have voted out?).
I read your posts with wonder (I wonder why this teacher thinks he's better than the rest of us) and with a teachers attitude on life you attempted to score points by correcting Cashys grammar!

Well, please sir, ooh, ooh, sir, sir, yes sir me sir, me at the back making spit balls out of blotting paper, can I just say I would trust anything cashy says, with all his spelling and grammar mistakes, and knowing that his honesty means I won't need to check what he puts on site, long before I would even contemplate you being in a position of greater knowledge than he.

Next time we have something important to discuss and make decisions about, try joining in before it's too late for anyone to give a fig about what you think.

P.S. Any spelling or grammar mistakes are my own I won't blame them on the English teacher that thought coming back half cut from the pub and sleeping through the afternoons double periods, was of greater benefit to us than him actually getting it all wrong anyway.
If you feel any need for correction feel free, but, what you see is what you get, we left school years ago having passed our exams and then discovered that we learn more from real life than what the majority of our teachers failed to teach us.

cashman 27-06-2016 15:41

EU referendum: German and French to unveil European superstate blueprint post-Brexit | Politics | News | Daily Express Aye well what a surprise.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 27-06-2016 16:18

This will not go down well with other member countries and may even hasten the break up.
If the EU were looking for a cure for their currentills, I think they need to look a bit harder.

Less 27-06-2016 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171302)

No surprise at all, would probably have been announced just as quickly had the vote gone the other way.

cashman 27-06-2016 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171307)
No surprise at all, would probably have been announced just as quickly had the vote gone the other way.

Exactly why i finished with a sarcastic smiley.;)