Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

egg&chips 24-06-2016 19:48

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I never thought that I would see the day when I valued the opinion of Londoners over the good folk of Accrington. However after something of an absence from accyweb I find myself reading the opinions of a small town. I really pray that I am wrong, but feel that many folk on here (especially those still in employment) will live to regret the exit vote. As CSLewis put it, "the dwarfs are for the dwarfs". I respect those people who have made a choice based on intelligent consideration, but have heard the braying of illogical sentiment and racism far too often today by triumphant Brexitees who have played into the hands of duplicitous Tory grandees. By Christmas I expect that both Boris Johnson and Donald Trump will have access to nuclear triggers. God help us all.

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171086)
I never thought that I would see the day when I valued the opinion of Londoners over the good folk of Accrington. However after something of an absence from accyweb I find myself reading the opinions of a small town. I really pray that I am wrong, but feel that many folk on here (especially those still in employment) will live to regret the exit vote. As CSLewis put it, "the dwarfs are for the dwarfs". I respect those people who have made a choice based on intelligent consideration, but have heard the braying of illogical sentiment and racism far too often today by triumphant Brexitees who have played into the hands of duplicitous Tory grandees. By Christmas I expect that both Boris Johnson and Donald Trump will have access to nuclear triggers. God help us all.

You are entilted to the opinion that you hold....but the leave vote was precipitated by many things. The prognostications presented as facts, the outright lies(told by both sides) the dirty fighting......it all makes you lose faith in those who govern. For a long time now the people have felt that those who were elected to represent them were doing an abysmal job......they were not listening to the concerns of the electorate.

My vote to leave was considered....I looked into it very carefully.
I do not like the thought of people in Brussels (who seem to despise us) who are neither elected or accountable, can make laws for us on our little island. Laws are made in closed sessions....so we do not know how they were influenced or whether there is corruption( I know what my suspicions are)
There is no democracy in the EU...it is manipulated by the likes of Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs(why else would they bank roll the remain campaign to the tune of half a million pounds unless there was something in it for them?).
It did not help that important people in the EU issued thinly veiled threats about how we would be dealt with if we voted to leave.......allies do NOT treat their partners in this way.
It also did not help that people like John Major(who presided over Black Wednesday, and our removal from the Exchange rate mechanism....whose private life was amoral...you might think that has nothing to do with politics, but it undermines the man and the job) and Tony Blair ( a peace envoy - don't make me llaugh. He has the blood of countless men and women, sons and daughters on his hands) were wheeled out totry to convince us of the values of remaining. If either of them told me it was night I would want to go outside to check for myself.

The Common Market was sold to the country as a trading arrangement. It is no longer that...and the trade with the EU is shrinking year on year.

Maybe you consider our opinions parochial.......and those you have denigrated by saying their opinions are braying illogical sentiments and racism are entilted to their opinions too...that is what democracy is about.

I have seen no - one on here who has had a gloating (or triumphant ) attitude.
I think we are all aware that this is going to be a tough time, most of us have come through tough times in the past...and for a say in how the country is governed, then it is the price that has to be paid.

taddy 24-06-2016 20:35

The thought of Johnson , Trump and Putin, having access to the nuclear trigger codes fills me with dread but as I stated in my last post, I have faith, (not religious faith) but faith in my fellow human beings having enough sense to realise when nuclear destruction is imminent and to act accordingly but (by God I hope that I am right).

DaveinGermany 24-06-2016 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1171001)
What's with Liverpool? Voting "In":eek: Probably the scousers found the question too complicated and confusing ... the one's that can read that is.;)

Someone told them it'd affect their benefits if they voted out! :D

cashman 24-06-2016 20:44

Panic seems to win oer democracy with many who voted REMAIN "Fact" Value anyones opinion yeh want, thats also democracy, Call us small town, to me it takes a small mind to do that.:rolleyes: Thats the reason people like you lost the referendum to me, trying to scare people is exactly the mistake Cameron, Osborne, Blair,Major, all made, to numb to realise worst thing yeh can do with the British, is try to frighten em.:rolleyes:

taddy 24-06-2016 20:55

The thought of Johnson , Trump and Putin, having access to the nuclear trigger codes fills me with dread but as I stated in my last post, I have faith, (not religious faith) but faith in my fellow human beings having enough sense to realise when nuclear destruction is imminent and to act accordingly but (by God I hope that I am right).

taddy 24-06-2016 21:00

Margaret, thanks for your pm, I think that I have replied but please get back to me if you have not received it, ( I am still leaning how to use this Bill Gate's infernal machine).
Many thanks, Taddy.

Guinness 24-06-2016 21:00

Quote:

And the racist card is played...

Was listening to the thoughts of an esteemed muslim Asian doctor today.

She said that as a migrant from a non EU country she had to take tests to show that she was capable before being allowed to practice in this country....she then pointed out that a migrant doctor from an EU country did not have the same stringent checks.

Guess I'm one of those nasty racist people, because given the choice I'd have the proven black muslim female Asian cutting me open every time!

DaveinGermany 24-06-2016 21:04

Quote:

I find myself reading the opinions of a small town.

Populated by real people, with honest concerns & fears, something the self loathing lefties can't abide & shout down & deride at every turn when it doesn't fit their agenda. The UK has been slowly infiltrated & over run with this creeping insidious pestilence, fostered by various governments & their apparatus, indoctrinating our youth with the ideals of the eu whilst rewriting & denigrating the achievements of Britain.

Hhmm, I believe you're a teacher aren't you?

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1171092)
Margaret, thanks for your pm, I think that I have replied but please get back to me if you have not received it, ( I am still leaning how to use this Bill Gate's infernal machine).
Many thanks, Taddy.

Received and replied Taddy.

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1171094)
Populated by real people, with honest concerns & fears, something the self loathing lefties can't abide & shout down & deride at every turn when it doesn't fit their agenda. The UK has been slowly infiltrated & over run with this creeping insidious pestilence, fostered by various governments & their apparatus, indoctrinating our youth with the ideals of the eu whilst rewriting & denigrating the achievements of Britain.

Hhmm, I believe you're a teacher aren't you?

And looking at the map of those who voted similarly, it seems we are not on our own.
Maybe you have,(like our MP) been out of our honest little town for too long.
Maybe you think that the fifth largest economy can not overcome the difficulties that lie ahead. Maybe you have been indoctrinated to believe that we are not capable of forging links with other trading nations.

That is the thing about being in an abusive relationship( the EU appeared to be an abusive partner).....you get to thinking that it is you who has the problem rather than the abuser.

DaveinGermany 24-06-2016 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171096)
And looking at the map of those who voted similarly, it seems we are not on our own.
Maybe you have,(like our MP) been out of our honest little town for too long.
Maybe you think that the fifth largest economy can not overcome the difficulties that lie ahead. Maybe you have been indoctrinated to believe that we are not capable of forging links with other trading nations.

That is the thing about being in an abusive relationship( the EU appeared to be an abusive partner).....you get to thinking that it is you who has the problem rather than the abuser.

I think maybe something has gone a tad awry here Ma. :idunno:

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2016 21:36

No I was adding my comment to your post...ignore the post between myself and Taddy....he sent me a PM and I replied in thread that I had received it....naughty, naughty.....should not have done that..it disrupts the flow.....apologies to all.

Guinness 24-06-2016 21:58

So Cameron finally behaves with honour...commits Seppuku and falls on his sword...tories eulogise and begin to start reuniting.

Meanwhile, Labour luvvies decide to give Corbyn a vote of no confidence on the grounds that he did not rally the troops..i.e. didn't get our MP out on the streets campaigning. Cue..infighting at a time they should be showing a united front...

Totally lost the plot..

Our MP spends the day sulking and retweeting doom and gloom comments without offering a single 'lets move on and make Britain great again' tweet....says it all *sigh*

Eric 24-06-2016 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171074)
I don't believe it....there is an online petition calling for a second referendum as the result of this one was so close.
It has reached 119,000 signatories already so the government has to consider debating it.
I could not stand another campaign like the last one.

They are saying that us old folk have made the decisions for the younger generation.....many of whom did not get off their butt cheeks to go and vote.
Maybe we have done them a favour. We have to wait and see. There are still a lot of myths guesses and doomery out there.....none of it helpful.

Close! Don't those guys know how to count? Close my ass. This is close: Quebec Referendum, October 30, 1995: Percentage wanting to leave Canada, 49.42. Wanting to remain, 50.58. Now that's close. And, by the way, voter turn out: 93.52%. And this "age" thingy ... a complete crock of horse manure. Seventeen million voted "out" ... picture it, 17,000,000 ill-educated old farts, pushing their walkers to the polls in order to frustrate the aspirations of the young:eek: And that "ill-educated" thing ... I read that in some clown's blog. Maybe it means that they don't have a degree:confused: Degrees seem to be a compulsory these days ... most of them are useless: Gender Studies, MBW (Masters in Basket Weaving), etc. You can even go to the US and acquire a degree in Hamburgerology at Rotten Ronnie U.:rolleyes: And our education was fine. We left school literate and able to count to twenty without removing our socks. All those who voted, the sober ones anyway, voted for what they believed was the right choice ... 17+ million of them voted "out". British voters, in a fair and democratic vote decided to leave. And the French and the Germans? None of their goddam business. Looks like they should be taking care of their own countries. What happens in Britain is for the Brits to decide. Simple.

accyman 24-06-2016 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1171044)
Was swaying towards remain only because of the workers rights that we might lose now. For me it can't get any worse than it already is.

we had workers rights before we joined the EU and if we had not joined we would still have made more rights as we went along because we arnt a dipsh1t country we are a progressive country..

its how we became Great Britain and we will become Great again

Under the EU zero contract hours became legal so if they can allow that to happen its hardly a shining example of protecting the working people is it

Eric 25-06-2016 00:06

Got this from a tweet by some millennial lame-brain.

Went to sleep in the 21st century. Woke up in some far-right, medievalist nightmare. I worry for my childrens' future.

Can you believe this shiite?:rofl38: I've had bad trips too. Straighten out. Get a life. I'm medievalist ... and I am far-left.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1171099)

Our MP spends the day sulking and retweeting doom and gloom comments without offering a single 'lets move on and make Britain great again' tweet....says it all *sigh*

Those doom and gloom comments from the remain camp are doing damage to the UK.....damage which they will lay at the feet of those who voted to leave.

If our MP cannot get up from his prone position....the he should throw in the towel and give the baton to someone ready to do our town justice.

There is one thing for certain - I will never again be bamboozled into voting for someone local because I think they might have a handle on what the town needs.

cashman 25-06-2016 08:23

Whilst E.U. membership was far more difficult to understand, Democracy is pretty easy, All those 800.000 plus thousand that have signed the petition,for a second E.U. Referendum, to me should have their voting right removed, cos its pretty clear that they dont even grasp what Democracy means.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 08:59

I wonder how many of those who are signing this petition turned out and voted.

If there was a second referendum and it turned the vote around how would this leave the UK....would David Cameron want his job back?

I can understand the pont of view of those who were wanting to stay in....but this was a clear majority of 1 million voters.......and in some places those wanting to leave and voting such outnumbered those wanting to remain by two to one(our own area voted in that way).

I would hate to have to sit through all that campaigning again......it was not a dignified campaign and I have lost faith in some people who i previously respected.
All down to the way they presented the case to stay(and this is not because I disagree with their point of view...it is the way they promoted their point of view which alienated me).

What needs to happen now is that everyone unites and gets down to the business of getting the UK up and running.......We can do it.

taddy 25-06-2016 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171098)
No I was adding my comment to your post...ignore the post between myself and Taddy....he sent me a PM and I replied in thread that I had received it....naughty, naughty.....should not have done that..it disrupts the flow.....apologies to all.

With my being a comparative newby to this Bill Gates infernal machine, also called a computer I believe; could someone put me wise as to why it is out of order to do what Marge is apologising for. Your's as ever, Taddy.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 09:28

It is only really 'thread etiquette'.....it disrupted the flow of the thread a little....or at least that is what I think Dave in Germany was referring to...but I could be wrong.

taddy 25-06-2016 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171118)
It is only really 'thread etiquette'.....it disrupted the flow of the thread a little....or at least that is what I think Dave in Germany was referring to...but I could be wrong.

Thank you Marge.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 09:47

You are welcome Taddy.

Michael1954 25-06-2016 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171114)
Whilst E.U. membership was far more difficult to understand, Democracy is pretty easy, All those 800.000 plus thousand that have signed the petition,for a second E.U. Referendum, to me should have their voting right removed, cos its pretty clear that they dont even grasp what Democracy means.

If they don't like the result of the referendum, they could always move to Europe. The ferries are still running.

Snarling Mallard 25-06-2016 10:42

Just thought I'd pop by and congratulate Hyndburn district on it's emphatic Leave vote. Nearly all the North West was pretty solid apart from those pesky Mankies voting almost two to one to stay - yet Salford next door wanted out.
Now we get all the bleating 'luvvies' and "celebrities" telling us how wrong we all are.
They make me puke - all the people who are doing rather well for themselves (the Geldofs and the Rowlings) lecturing to us how we should vote.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1171123)
If they don't like the result of the referendum, they could always move to Europe. The ferries are still running.

Oooh, what a damn good idea.

DaveinGermany 25-06-2016 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171118)
...or at least that is what I think Dave in Germany was referring to...

Not at all Ma, it's just that your reply in post 811 carried my earlier comment & I thought you may have been wanting to answer the Eggy ones utterances but mistakenly included my, as opposed to his observations.

Hopefully my reasoning not to confusing here?

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 11:07

thank you son for clarifying that...no my post was not a mistake......it was reasoned and deliberate.......very much like my vote in the referendum.
(I still broke the good manners rule of a thread though....a bit like whispering at a public gathering)

cashman 25-06-2016 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snarling Mallard (Post 1171124)
Just thought I'd pop by and congratulate Hyndburn district on it's emphatic Leave vote. Nearly all the North West was pretty solid apart from those pesky Mankies voting almost two to one to stay - yet Salford next door wanted out.
Now we get all the bleating 'luvvies' and "celebrities" telling us how wrong we all are.
They make me puke - all the people who are doing rather well for themselves (the Geldofs and the Rowlings) lecturing to us how we should vote.

Thing is with those people, democracys only ok if it suits em.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 11:47

I have to say that had the result gone the other way I would have felt quite sour about it, but I would recognise(I hope) that in a democratic process there has to be a side which is not the winner.
I voted in the 1975 referendum and it went against what I would have liked.....and for a while I was disgruntled.....but would never have thought to question the outcome and suggest that we did a re-run.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1171126)
Not at all Ma, it's just that your reply in post 811 carried my earlier comment & I thought you may have been wanting to answer the Eggy ones utterances but mistakenly included my, as opposed to his observations.

Hopefully my reasoning not to confusing here?

Looking back....I was answering Egg and Chips......but I used your relevant comment to underline what I was saying.(not sure if that makes sense....but it did at the time, and I had only been drinking tea:)).

Eric 25-06-2016 13:01

Let's face it ... there should be no argument about the result. The question was so simple that even the Tykes and the Taffys understood it. (We'll forget about the scousers, 95% of whom were confused;)) The Jocks understood it too. For them it meant: "Do we still want to get handouts from England and Europe"? Even those who might have been hammered or stoned could figure it out. Concerning the question, there was little chance that folks didn't know what they were voting for.

Now, if the question were like the one posed to Quebecers in 1995, there might have been some justification for confusion:

Do you agree that Quebec should become sovereign after having made a formal offer to Canada for a new economic and political partnership within the scope of the bill respecting the future of Quebec and of the agreement signed on June 12, 1995?

Ouch. Duh:confused: And here's me thinking I was voting for cheaper beer and fags.:D

The government asked; the voters answered. Simple. Vote's over. Time to get on with life and sort shiite out.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 13:13

Nicola Sturgeon is now angling for a second Scottish referendum....she feels that the Scots are being taken out of the EU against their will.

Let them go.....they will have to sort out their own currency, they will have to sort out money for their health care and for education......they will cease to get money from England...so it will be an uphill struggle. good luck with that.
I am missing them already.

Eric 25-06-2016 13:54

I've just done something I should have done months ago when the referendum was set up. No ... I'm not talking about trimming my beard, cutting back on the beer and tokes, and updating my wardrobe ... I checked a list of the countries in the EU. Holy feces batperson! Not exactly a catalog of economic muscle is it? Take out Germany, France (ok, they are facing major problems, and there is a storm looming on the right), Italy (maybe), possibly Sweden (they make great automobiles), maybe Spain, if the Catalans don't go on their own, but the rest:eek: .... And this is the Union that millions of Britons wanted to be a part of:confused: Talk about chaining yourselves to a corpse.

The way I look at it from my rude, backwoods vantage point out here in the colonial wilds, is that the really dumb choice in the referendum was "in". The way I see it ... and please feel free to disagree; I would be interested, seriously, in other interpretations ... the EU was Germany and the UK. Put the Frogs to one side; they have major internal problems to deal with. Subtract Britain, and what's left? Germany.

There is another way of looking at the equation: EU - UK = 95%. Just had to get that number in somewhere.;)

DaveinGermany 25-06-2016 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1171134)
The way I see it ... and please feel free to disagree.;)

Don't think there'll be much disagreement on here to be honest mate, you're preaching to the converted! :D

Burningman 25-06-2016 14:46

Like turkeys voting for Christmas.

https://www.facebook.com/financialti...type=3&theater

cashman 25-06-2016 15:01

You should know.:rolleyes:

Eric 25-06-2016 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burningman (Post 1171138)
Like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Which side:confused:

Burningman 25-06-2016 16:17

Lancashire county as a whole has fared well in the latest funding rounds with some £211m allocated from the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund for 2014 to 2020. Only London, Leeds, Manchester and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly received higher allocations.

How has funding from the EU ever helped Lancashire? - Lancashire Evening Post

cashman 25-06-2016 17:14

Its a matter of corruption, pray tell us when the E.U. accounts were last signed off fer starters,

cashman 25-06-2016 17:36

Its the most corrupt organization i ever heard of the accounts have NEVER been signed off,full stop by the auditors, yet you think its a good institution Burningman? and thats just for starters, theres loads more corrupt practices, it may be ok for an "Anglo/American" but many who live here it aint.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burningman (Post 1171142)
Lancashire county as a whole has fared well in the latest funding rounds with some £211m allocated from the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund for 2014 to 2020. Only London, Leeds, Manchester and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly received higher allocations.

There is a misconception that the EU gives us money. They do not....they take money from us( currently this stands at 13 billion pounds per annum. We get a rebate of 4.5 billion pounds back as a rebate secured by Margaret Thatcher), and then if we are good, fill out the forms properly, they give us what we gave them in the first place...but it has to be spent how they tell us....we cannot decide to spend it in any other fashion.

So £211 million pounds over 6 years is not a great chunk of money when you consider what we have paid in

This has to be pointed out to the beneificiaries by posters proclaiming the fact that the project is supported/funded by the EU...this I presume is so that we can feel grateful for the 'handout'(which is OUR money).

With the greatest respect Burningman, you are not in a position to judge what is happening here.
I presume that you have some sort of democracy over in the US.....you know, the kind of thing where you elect representatives to pass your laws and statutes.
i presume that these laws are debated in open chamber.....that you are aware of who is voting for what and if your senator, congressman stuffs up......next time the vote comes round you give him the flick.
You have some element of control.....a democratic choice.

The EU does not operate with such transparency.
The people making the rules are appointed by committees. The meetings where laws and regulations that affect every part of our lives, are conducted behind closed doors with no record of who said what or how these rules/laws have been debated.
Worst of all if they stuff up we cannot remove them....they are not accountable(which means they can be lobbied by those with money...banks, large corporations...so whoever has the most money has them in the palm of their hands).
Now if you think this is right or fair that we should be denied democracy and a right to say in what direction our country goes.....and who we can allow to come to our country......well, I'd be interested to hear why you thought such a situation was fair and your reasoning for considering it to be so.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 19:04

Quote:

And this is exactly what the EU want you to think......that you have fared well.
They want to be seen as a paternalistic benefactor
I would rather we kept our money to spend in the ways which would benefit our infrastructure, pay for better schools, pay to train more BRITISH health workers instead of having to import them.

maxthecollie 25-06-2016 19:33

Margaret, You should be Prime Minister. You talk sense.

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 20:03

Aww Frank you are making me blush.
I do believe there is a position going...but it would not be for me because I say exactly what I feel.(and my degree comes from the University of life)
I would be no good in politics because I am one of those rare things......(well, in politics I mean) I am a principled person.
I could not follow the party line because I was told to do it. If I really believe in something then nothing would stop me from standing my ground.

maxthecollie 25-06-2016 20:17

I know how you feel.I like to stick to my principles

Margaret Pilkington 25-06-2016 20:20

Maybe it is a generational thing Frank.

maxthecollie 25-06-2016 20:23

I was brought up with principles

accyman 26-06-2016 00:22

1 Attachment(s)
the future is a little uncertain but if all goes well...............

egg&chips 26-06-2016 07:06

Ahh, the company we travel with. Now let me think, the last time we had rampant, hard line,isolationist Nationalism across Europe would have been eighty odd years ago. Somebody remind me how that turned out.
Let Britain be free, Europe's far-right parties urge | Reuters

cashman 26-06-2016 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171171)
Ahh, the company we travel with. Now let me think, the last time we had rampant, hard line,isolationist Nationalism across Europe would have been eighty odd years ago. Somebody remind me how that turned out.

Typical of a whining remainer.:rolleyes: for one who supposed to be educated, yeh really are pathetic.

egg&chips 26-06-2016 07:32

Obvious error with pictures in post 850. Streets are relatively clean. No Europeans = no one to do all the menial jobs many Brits can't pull themselves away from Jeremy Kyle to do.

egg&chips 26-06-2016 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171174)
Typical of a whining remainer.:rolleyes: for one who supposed to be educated, yeh really are pathetic.

No whines here cashy, just opinion and warnings.:D
See I'm even smiling.

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 07:43

Quote:

And you think that the way the EU is going is the right way do you?
There is unrest in many of the member states and the leaders of the EU have done very little to quell this

You think that decisions made in closed chambers is not the way that corrupt men work.....who knows what is being decided and by who.

You are deluded if you think that being in Europe keeps us safe.

Being in the EU is not helping the Southern European states.
Greece is in dire financial difficulty. Spain and Italy have very high rates of unemployment.
I can think of no good reason why anyone would want to be in such an organisation.
An organisation which threatens and bullies its members.
Removes democracy....Maybe that means nothing to you.
Your sneering allusion to WW2 is an insult to those men and women who,paid for our democracy with their lives.

i humbly suggest that you go back to your metropolitan friends and drown your europhile sorrows in a pint of something cold and bitter.

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171175)
Obvious error with pictures in post 850. Streets are relatively clean. No Europeans = no one to do all the menial jobs many Brits can't pull themselves away from Jeremy Kyle to do.

You suggest that British people are lazy and use stereotypes to back this up.
That is the signature of a lazy mind.
And because you insert a smiley into a post does not mean you are smiling....and it fools no one

egg&chips 26-06-2016 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171179)
You suggest that British people are lazy and use stereotypes to back this up.
That is the signature of a lazy mind.
And because you insert a smiley into a post does not mean you are smiling....and it fools no one

I am in no way suggesting that British people are lazy Margaret. I am asserting that many British people are. Why else do we have so many migrant workers doing the jobs that keep the country going? Never mind I concede that I am incorrect in my assumption that there will be fewer migrants. With the impending withdrawal of UK border controls from France, we will soon be waist deep in asylum seekers.

And trust me I'm a happy guy, I have opted to suspend my social conscience for a while before it gnaws its own leg off.

Have a nice Sunday. Off to church to pray a bit soon.

By the way, my assertion is based on empirical evidence rather than stereotype.

cashman 26-06-2016 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171181)
I am in no way suggesting that British people are lazy Margaret. I am asserting that many British people are. Why else do we have so many migrant workers doing the jobs that keep the country going?

Cos many are brought over en-masse, to work for less money and are still far better off than they would be at home, but you are overlooking that which is a well known fact, dont shock me one bit.:rolleyes: you are a pig ignorant fellow in my eyes and popping off to church fools no-one.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171181)
I am in no way suggesting that British people are lazy Margaret. I am asserting that many British people are. Why else do we have so many migrant workers doing the jobs that keep the country going? Never mind I concede that I am incorrect in my assumption that there will be fewer migrants. With the impending withdrawal of UK border controls from France, we will soon be waist deep in asylum seekers.

And trust me I'm a happy guy, I have opted to suspend my social conscience for a while before it gnaws its own leg off.

Have a nice Sunday. Off to church to pray a bit soon.

By the way, my assertion is based on empirical evidence rather than stereotype.

Well, thank you for your clarification.That many British people do not do the jobs that migrant workers take up might be due to the fact that they will work for less money. Add to this that many of them will also clain benefits to boost this income is an added draw. They know that whatever they get will be much more than what they could earn back in their own country.

During my long career I worked with people from many countries and I know first hand the value of the work they do.
When people start talking about immigration, it is not that they are racist, but that label is used for them because it shuts down any logical debate.
It isn't immigration which is a problem....it is a different animal altogether.....it is uncontrolled immigration which is a problem.

And the agreement which enforces border controls at Calais will have to renegotiated. If (as MAY happen) then I am sure that there will be an effort to secure borders on this side of the channel(however difficult that might be....and yes, I know it will not be easy)

I am savvy enough to know that a leave vote would not stop migration.....I have taken it upon myself to find out as much as I could about the implications of my vote......something which was open to many people.
Had I not done so I would have abstained.

Have a lovely Sunday.....and still have that glass of something cold....it is a pleasant British tradition.

cashman 26-06-2016 08:44

Margaret that fellow is as arrogant as those Labour M.P.s that ignored the electorate.

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 08:57

I don't think arrogant is quite the right word Cashy......we all have our beliefs.

Much as we believe them it doesn't make them facts(and I include my own beliefs in this)

I just think that while we are in the EU we are being hoodwinked and bamboozled.
Of course the members of the EU are not happy just now because they have lost(or will lose) a hefty chunk of revenue.
They have treated us with contempt most of the time.
I really don't think that they expected the people of the UK to vote in the way that they did.
This vote wasn't just about the EU, it was also about the sordid mess that is politics.
If if does nothing else it will (perhaps) make politicians rethink their strategies......it might even bring about some reform in the EU.
Some are saying that the only way to reform something is to be in it.
That is blatantly untrue because we are in it and the efforts at negotiating reform have been laughable,
We asked for little and got even less.

cashman 26-06-2016 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171185)
I don't think arrogant is quite the right word Cashy......we all have our beliefs.

Much as we believe them it doesn't make them facts(and I include my own beliefs in this)

I just think that while we are in the EU we are being hoodwinked and bamboozled.
Of course the members of the EU are not happy just now because they have lost(or will lose) a hefty chunk of revenue.
They have treated us with contempt most of the time.
I really don't think that they expected the people of the UK to vote in the way that they did.
This vote wasn't just about the EU, it was also about the sordid mess that is politics.
If if does nothing else it will (perhaps) make politicians rethink their strategies......it might even bring about some reform in the EU.
Some are saying that the only way to reform something is to be in it.
That is blatantly untrue because we are in it and the efforts at negotiating reform have been laughable,
We asked for little and got even less.

Have to disagree, to say "Many" of the british people are lazy, to me is arrogance of the highest order!!

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 09:24

He was generalising Cashy.......it is obviously what he believes.
That isn't my experience, so my belief will differ. However, beliefs are not facts.

He must travel in different circles to us. Maybe he has come to thisopinion because of the people he meets in his day to day life...or maybe he believes what he sees on toxic TV(like Jeremy Kyle)
The people I meet are genuine and work hard to make ends meet...they bear no resemblance to the people on Jeremy Kyle

cashman 26-06-2016 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171187)
He was generalising Cashy.......it is obviously what he believes.
That isn't my experience, so my belief will differ. However, beliefs are not facts.

He must travel in different circles to us. Maybe he has come to thisopinion because of the people he meets in his day to day life...or maybe he believes what he sees on toxic TV(like Jeremy Kyle)
The people I meet are genuine and work hard to make ends meet...they bear no resemblance to the people on Jeremy Kyle

Many aint generalising to me, its a definate statement, he is also one snotty piece of work to lump us with Kyle,

umpire 26-06-2016 13:24

I notice that an online petition has been raised against the Referendum result, it will be VERY interesting to observe how quickly this is dealt with and how our masters react, given that so few of them wanted the result that they got.

Exile on Spencer St 26-06-2016 13:29

He lives in Leeds. What can you expect?:rolleyes:

Did you hear about the Scotsman who went into the pub but had no-one to talk to? The Englishman, Welshman and Irishman were all in France.

umpire 26-06-2016 13:29

I should have added compared with the debate on aid which the wanted.

Exile on Spencer St 26-06-2016 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by umpire (Post 1171200)
I notice that an online petition has been raised against the Referendum result, it will be VERY interesting to observe how quickly this is dealt with and how our masters react, given that so few of them wanted the result that they got.

It now appears that the petition was raised several months ago by a Brexiteer (with little faith in his fellow Brits) who expected the Remainers to narrowly win. It's now under investigation for fraud as it may have been hijacked by others posting Mickey-Mouse names.
Second EU referendum petition investigated for fraud - BBC News

Barrie Yates 26-06-2016 14:01

Quote:

Hooray, over 3.1M have signed the petition. Unfortunately the Petitions Committee are investigating because :- 200K are from overseas, 41K are from Vatican City, 25K from North Korea, 3K from British Antartic Territory (that must be the Emperor Penguins) - this is not the full list, I am laughing too much reading it all.

cashman 26-06-2016 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171207)
Hooray, over 3.1M have signed the petition. Unfortunately the Petitions Committee are investigating because :- 200K are from overseas, 41K are from Vatican City, 25K from North Korea, 3K from British Antartic Territory (that must be the Emperor Penguins) - this is not the full list, I am laughing too much reading it all.

If thats the case, the petition should be scrapped immediately.

DaveinGermany 26-06-2016 14:12

Quote:

Lancashire county as a whole has fared well in the latest funding rounds with some £211m allocated from the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund for 2014 to 2020.

A Pittance, given back to us with conditions, plus this 211m is over six years, working out at about 35m, per year. Last year alone (2015) UK paid in 17.8 Billion & even being magnanimous lets take away our rebate, we're still looking at 12.9 Billion p.a. As I said a pittance.

Far better the 17.8 Billion being kept in the UK & invested as required than sent away to pay for every damned waif, stray & basket case in the eu & us being given some of our own cash back as a largess of the corrupt eu!

Quote:

We Won! Pretty much like we did on Thursday, this little Island out in the Atlantic off the west coast of europe has once again stood up to aggression, threats & danger from the heart of a Germany dominated europe. It has as usual fallen to the Brits to defend democracy, decency & fairness not just for ourselves but also the europeans who have shown that they need saving from themselves again.

DaveinGermany 26-06-2016 15:01

Quote:

Aye, I've seen that to, but it appears it isn't quite what it purports to be.

3M+ 'Remain' Petition Uses 'Script' To 'Fake' Signatures: 25,000 From North Korea, 2,800 From Uninhabitable Antarctic

taddy 26-06-2016 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1171214)
Aye, I've seen that to, but it appears it isn't quite what it purports to be.

3M+ 'Remain' Petition Uses 'Script' To 'Fake' Signatures: 25,000 From North Korea, 2,800 From Uninhabitable Antarctic

This has got to be the ultimate wind up surely.

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171208)
If thats the case, the petition should be scrapped immediately.

It IS being investigated as a fraud.
On the BBC website it says that bogus names will be removed.
I suppose that it will have to be debated, but I cannot see it changing anything.

accyman 26-06-2016 16:37

dont investigate it period just remove it from the database its completely irrelevant

a huge amount of people put crosses in boxes on this issue already and it was alot more than what clicked a link on a website

cashman 26-06-2016 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1171217)
dont investigate it period just remove it from the database its completely irrelevant

a huge amount of people put crosses in boxes on this issue already and it was alot more than what clicked a link on a website

Thats best idea ive heard.

egg&chips 26-06-2016 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171191)
Many aint generalising to me, its a definate statement, he is also one snotty piece of work to lump us with Kyle,

Ahh Cashy, what a very starkly clear vision you must have of life. Am I arrogant and ignorant to disagree with you? Obviously "in your eyes". Thank you for at least qualifying your statement with a little subjectivity. Did I lump you in with Kyle? Only if you class yourself as one of the long term unemployed who choose not to work rather than claim benefits. As you class yourself as "Coffin dodger" I will assume that you are a fully paid up member of the generation which only took up state handouts as a last resort, in which case I salute your ethics in this respect.
Please allow me to clarify one or two points.
Firstly I believe that the great British public has been sold a lie by the right wing(press, politicians, financiers and other self serving personages) that the causes of unemployment, lack of housing, social and community division are rooted in our membership of the EU.
Secondly my mention of racism ( please note that I did not refer to having seen examples on Accyweb -the TV provided me with lots of folk who were very anti German) is because that is what I consider hostility towards other ethnicities, because they are other ethnicities, to be.
Thirdly, yes I believe MANY Brits choose not to work and are therefore lazy. I could not provide you with numbers, but based on people that I interact with on a daily basis in a relatively small demographic, I would say many thousands. If your experience is different to mine and all the benefit claimants you meet are busting a gut to engaging with the work market again, then they are being poorly served by whoever is meant to be helping them. The jobs are there if you are willing to do them. Yes I am now in education but previously have worked in bookies, a bank, in bars, at Butlins, on the bins, sold crap for Gerald Ratner and shovelled similar stuff in a number of places. I have been on the dole, but not for long. I now watch individuals who are claiming benefits, drive past the school gates in Beemers and Boxters.
I do not hold with anyone who says that membership of the EU was perfect, but neither do I think that leaving was the answer. I truly hope that I am wrong in forseeing a really rough time ahead for this country but the signs since Thursday have not been good. Thankfully I am and in all likelihood will remain financially secure. My beer will cost more in Spain and my petrol will be more expensive at the pump. My children are the ones who may reap the bitter fruit from the referendum and it is for them that I actually feel like weeping.

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 17:40

Your post is very illuminating Egg & Chips.

You say that leaving the EU was not the answer. In your considered opinion, what was the answer to how the EU treated the UK? I am not being fly when I ask this.
I just want to see if you could see another way. Because I could not.
Believe me I looked. We were treated with contempt, like upstarts for daring to suggest that things within the EU should change.

There is major unrest in Europe.....and the European leaders seem to be doing precious little other than sitting on their hands.
The southern members of the EU have been treated in an appalling manner.

It is certain that there will be some difficult times ahead, but then that would have been the same whether we voted to leave the EU or not.
The leaders of the EU were displeased that we could even consider having a vote, so they have said we were going to be made to pay....punished even.
Now if you consider that is the right way to treat what is in effect a trading partner, then you must enlighten me as to why you hold this belief.

There is a lot of political in fighting going on and this is counter productive and will create more uncertainty.
What should be happening is that there should be a united effort to sort out the issues that have been created......and quickly.
As for the lies and myths that were peddled, both sides were guilty of this it wasn't just right wing factions. (Politicians of all shades have lost the trust of the people they are supposed to serve - they treat us like imbeciles).....and it was up to people to seek out information from a variety of sources for themselves(that was difficult but without information you are in no position to make a choice).

Right now, this looks like a mess, but your children may actually reap the benefits because sometime good things come out of painful times(ask your wife about this).
This may force the EU to reform.....or it may cause it to implode....but something better take its place.
The Roman Empire fell, but the world did not end. It went on......and with courage and concerted efforts it will again.
So dry your eyes, roll up your sleeves and get shovelling with the rest of us.

cashman 26-06-2016 17:40

No your arrogant and snotty not because you disagree cos its what you are simple as, your ignorant comments on here for anyone to make their own minds up about.

Morecambe Ex Pat 26-06-2016 17:49

1 Attachment(s)
One thing I am grateful for is we can still hold an honest vote in this country so we have basic morals and there is hope for us yet.
I believe the 'common people' have reacted to the situation they find themselves in where hospitals are at breaking point, prisons are over crowded and schools are over subscribed. The threat that more people are coming can only make matters worse. The situation isn't necessarily caused by imigrants but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if numbers increase, the situation will get worse. This will affect the common people and not the decision makers. The EU's open door policy is not sustainable and on that point alone we were justified in leaving the EU.

Stop pussy footing around and making excuses, get Article 50 launched and let's get on with making Britain great again. There are tough times ahead because the EU are going to be ragged off with us so stop paying them money and tell them that we will settle the bill when our exit is finalised.

egg&chips 26-06-2016 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171221)
No your arrogant and snotty not because you disagree cos its what you are simple as, your ignorant comments on here for anyone to make their own minds up about.

My dear, dear Cashy, I will act the part that you have cast me in. Enter pantomime demon:dflam:

I think that this is what you mean to say, but with lack of punctuation, I am uncertain.

"No, you're arrogant and snotty not because you disagree, BUT because it's what you are, simple as. Your ignorant comments ARE on here for anyone to make their own minds up about."

Now THAT was an arrogant thing for me to do as I'm sure "yeh" will agree.:rolleyes:

I don't know the meaning of the word "ignorant" just like I can't stand intolerance.

Barrie Yates 26-06-2016 18:10

I don't hate Germans, I have spent quite a time working there with them - but I don't like Frau Merkel and her policies - just like I don't like Corbyn, Cameron, Osborne, Blair, Brown and quite a few others. Am I a racist? Well, having worked or served in over 10 foreign countries and liking most of the people that I have met on those occasions and the holidays I have spent an many more countries - a few idiots everywhere that I disliked, just like the occasional posters on here who certainly qualify for idiot status, but hated, no, definitely no.
We have stood alone on a number of occasions and each time - since 1066, have successfully overcome whatever challenged us - we are the British and we will overcome despite what the doom mongers predict.

maxthecollie 26-06-2016 18:12

Sir has marked your essay,Cashy.

egg&chips 26-06-2016 18:18

Right now, this looks like a mess, but your children may actually reap the benefits because sometime good things come out of painful times(ask your wife about this).
This may force the EU to reform.....or it may cause it to implode....but something better take its place.
The Roman Empire fell, but the world did not end. It went on......and with courage and concerted efforts it will again.
So dry your eyes, roll up your sleeves and get shovelling with the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Again, I will express my sincere hope that I am wrong in my gloomy forecasting. I do hope that our recovery as a global society does not take the 1400+ years it took after the Western Empire fell however!
Rest assured Margaret, my sleeves are only rolled down at weddings and funerals, and my shovel resteth not in its cupboard.

Eric 26-06-2016 18:22

Quote:

JFGI

... what a simplistic, garbage interpretation of the history of the 1930s, fit only for a drunken discussion at the bar ... You should have taken seriously the D- grade you got in history, and done some reading.

And for all those other "in" supporters with their noses out of joint: Democracy ain't a coin toss ... you can't say "ok, best out of three" if you don't like the result. Over 17 million Britons, citizens of a free and democratic country cast their ballots in a fair and open election. Nobody bribed them, or threatened them, or in any way, other than campaigning, tried to tell them which way to vote. The election was fair and above board. If you don't like it, tough tittie. Suck it up; get on with your life; and have a nice day.

If the "in" side had won, there would still have been the problem of negotiating a new deal for the UK within the EU.

egg&chips 26-06-2016 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1171225)
Sir has marked your essay,Cashy.

I know, I know. It wasn't a nice thing to do. I would ask forgiveness if I thought there would be much point but I suspect that I will forever be in Cashy's book of ignorant, arrogant individuals. We will be unlikely to dance with each other soon I fear, but I suppose that that's the nature of passioned discussion.

cashman 26-06-2016 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171228)
I know, I know. It wasn't a nice thing to do. I would ask forgiveness if I thought there would be much point but I suspect that I will forever be in Cashy's book of ignorant, arrogant individuals. We will be unlikely to dance with each other soon I fear, but I suppose that that's the nature of passioned discussion.

Spot on, can't argue wi that.

DaveinGermany 26-06-2016 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171219)
My children are the ones who may reap the bitter fruit from the referendum and it is for them that I actually feel like weeping.

Or equally, reap the rewards from an independent, self governing country. If we could know the future with any certainty, risks & chances wouldn't need to be taken, but as we don't ...... therefore this leap into the unknown has been sanctioned by the British people of the here & now!

The decision being taken in the main by older & "wiser" heads who have a recollection of UK prior to any sort of united europe, then in to a tentative trading bloc of 6 nations, later morphing into an increasingly larger, ungainly & undemocratic monster, devouring & destroying nation states as it mutated into the present day overbearing, constraining entity it is at present.

Due to eu policies, many smaller countries are suffering, it didn't help that the eu's attitude was mainly to blame for not maintaining its own entry criteria on new entrants. Then when things go pear shaped the minnows were thrown to the wolves & told to see how they get on with it or "Bend over & take more europe" hardly utopian is it?

The eu won't change despite noises to the contrary & I personally see it imploding in upon itself before to long. The upshot, Britain is now out, it won't be easy but at least we can get our feet under ourselves & re-establish our Country's, self reliance & stability without to many distractions. But, when the Weasel that's the eu goes pop .... nations trying to drag themselves out of the clag & snot are going to be in far more dire straits than the UK during our own rebirth!

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 18:41

Egg & chips I just had to 'like' your post.......It was the metal picture of you and Cashy doing a slow romantic waltz that did it for me......it made me smile.
You will find that Cashy is a man of few words....he calls a spade a spade and he is the salt of the earth. (sorry Cashy...couldn't have him thinking you were an ill educated philistine like me):D

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1171230)
Or equally, reap the rewards from an independent, self governing country. If we could know the future with any certainty, risks & chances wouldn't need to be taken, but as we don't ...... therefore this leap into the unknown has been sanctioned by the British people of the here & now!

The decision being taken in the main by older & "wiser" heads who have a recollection of UK prior to any sort of united europe, then in to a tentative trading bloc of 6 nations, later morphing into an increasingly larger, ungainly & undemocratic monster, devouring & destroying nation states as it mutated into the present day overbearing, constraining entity it is at present.

Due to eu policies, many smaller countries are suffering, it didn't help that the eu's attitude was mainly to blame for not maintaining its own entry criteria on new entrants. Then when things go pear shaped the minnows were thrown to the wolves & told to see how they get on with it or "Bend over & take more europe" hardly utopian is it?

The eu won't change despite noises to the contrary & I personally see it imploding in upon itself before to long. The upshot, Britain is now out, it won't be easy but at least we can get our feet under ourselves & re-establish our Country's, self reliance & stability without to many distractions. But, when the Weasel that's the eu goes pop .... nations trying to drag themselves out of the clag & snot are going to be in far more dire straits than the UK during our own rebirth!

Eloquently put son(especially the clag and snot bit)......you can be milk monitor next week.

DaveinGermany 26-06-2016 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171232)
Eloquently put son(especially the clag and snot bit)......you can be milk monitor next week.

And server, please, please! Then I get to lick the spoon after dishing out the custard & sticky toffee puddin' !:D

Margaret Pilkington 26-06-2016 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171224)
We have stood alone on a number of occasions and each time - since 1066, have successfully overcome whatever challenged us - we are the British and we will overcome despite what the doom mongers predict.

This is definitely the attitude we have now to cultivate and god only knows we have enough of the brown fertilzer about to make it grow.

We are currently the worlds fifth largest economy and unlike the countries of the EU our economy has prospered, while many of the member states has failed or is in the doldrums.
We have to believe that we can forge our own future. We cannot ask others to believe in us if we do not believe in ourselves.

It is the doom and gloom mongers(the bankers, the large corporations) those who would have benefitted from us staying where we were, who are damaging our reputation.
It is they who are responsible for the knee jerk reaction of money markets.......but they will blame the people who voted leave because they are an easy target.
If we had voted to remain, it would have been just the same....any upsets would have been laid at the door of those who stirred their stumps and voted.

Eric 26-06-2016 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171224)

Love it when the doom mongers are proved wrong. My favorite among these is Maxime Weygand, ironically, born in Brussels;), one of only a few generals in history to be appointed primarily to surrender on decent terms. Churchill answered him brilliantly in a speech delivered to the Canadian Parliament in late 1941.

I've always liked this, from Len Deighton Blood, Tears and Folly: An Objective Look at World War ll: "Half a century has passed, and the time has come to sweep away the myths and reveal the no less inspiring gleam of that complex and frightening time in which evil was in the ascendant, goodness diffident, and the British - impetuous, foolish, and brave beyond measure - the world's only hope." And let's not forget the Canadians and those wonderful folks from Down Under.;) It's time to move on and deal with the 21st century realities. But it's never time to forget what can be accomplished even when there is no real expectation of victory.

Hill Walker 26-06-2016 20:06

In my ignorance I thought we had just voted on EU membership - not the seating plan in Westminster. They have just been given their biggest job in the last 50 years and all they seem to be thinking about is their future job prospects.

Exile on Spencer St 26-06-2016 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Walker (Post 1171242)
In my ignorance I thought we had just voted on EU membership - not the seating plan in Westminster. They have just been given their biggest job in the last 50 years and all they seem to be thinking about is their future job prospects.

'Twas ever thus.

Less 27-06-2016 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 1171223)
My dear, dear Cashy, I will act the part that you have cast me in. Enter pantomime demon:dflam:

I think that this is what you mean to say, but with lack of punctuation, I am uncertain.

"No, you're arrogant and snotty not because you disagree, BUT because it's what you are, simple as. Your ignorant comments ARE on here for anyone to make their own minds up about."

Now THAT was an arrogant thing for me to do as I'm sure "yeh" will agree.:rolleyes:

I don't know the meaning of the word "ignorant" just like I can't stand intolerance.

What a shame, you only joined in the debate after the results were in, had you taken time before the event maybe you would still have made no difference to the outcome (or maybe even more folk from Hyndburn would have voted out?).
I read your posts with wonder (I wonder why this teacher thinks he's better than the rest of us) and with a teachers attitude on life you attempted to score points by correcting Cashys grammar!

Well, please sir, ooh, ooh, sir, sir, yes sir me sir, me at the back making spit balls out of blotting paper, can I just say I would trust anything cashy says, with all his spelling and grammar mistakes, and knowing that his honesty means I won't need to check what he puts on site, long before I would even contemplate you being in a position of greater knowledge than he.

Next time we have something important to discuss and make decisions about, try joining in before it's too late for anyone to give a fig about what you think.

P.S. Any spelling or grammar mistakes are my own I won't blame them on the English teacher that thought coming back half cut from the pub and sleeping through the afternoons double periods, was of greater benefit to us than him actually getting it all wrong anyway.
If you feel any need for correction feel free, but, what you see is what you get, we left school years ago having passed our exams and then discovered that we learn more from real life than what the majority of our teachers failed to teach us.

cashman 27-06-2016 15:41

EU referendum: German and French to unveil European superstate blueprint post-Brexit | Politics | News | Daily Express Aye well what a surprise.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 27-06-2016 16:18

This will not go down well with other member countries and may even hasten the break up.
If the EU were looking for a cure for their currentills, I think they need to look a bit harder.

Less 27-06-2016 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171302)

No surprise at all, would probably have been announced just as quickly had the vote gone the other way.

cashman 27-06-2016 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171307)
No surprise at all, would probably have been announced just as quickly had the vote gone the other way.

Exactly why i finished with a sarcastic smiley.;)