Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2017 15:44

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

That's just not good enough Less...all this EU wrangling is doing me no good at all.
Every time I read about the snowflakes who feel we oldies have sold them down the river, my blood pressure goes up another ten mm of mercury.
Every time I hear the ludicrous prognostications of Guy Verhofstad, Michel Barnier, JCJunker, Donald Tusk et al...I am verging on apoplexy.

I should hibernate and get someone to wake me when it is all done and dusted.

Less 13-09-2017 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1201375)

I should hibernate and get someone to wake me when it is all done and dusted.

You would only wake up in a bad mood and either growl that you need a few more years or else play heck because you weren't woken early enough.

I'm glad I'm not your alarm clock.

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2017 16:10

Then we have our own home grown doom mangers....Ken Clarke, John Major(one of the worst prime ministers in my living memory)Micheal Heseltine, Tony Blair...all of them are spewing traitorous bile and trying to throw a spanner in the works to derail us from following our own democratically chosen path...they like democracy as long as the vote goes in the way that they want it to go.
When it doesn't they sling insults against those they were elected to serve(and paid very handsomely I might add).
Snakes all of them.
Now, I will just go and lie down until my equilibrium is restored....I might be quite a while.

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2017 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1201376)
You would only wake up in a bad mood and either growl that you need a few more years or else play heck because you weren't woken early enough.

I'm glad I'm not your alarm clock.

Less....have you been in cahoots with my other Half?
You seem to know far too much about me!:)

cashman 13-09-2017 16:17

Yeh forget Ken Clark Margaret one of thatchers lost souls.:(

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2017 16:20

No, Cashy....I remember only too well.
I did neither like nor trust him then and he has given me no cause to change my low opinion of him.

cashman 13-09-2017 16:25

Soz just found me glasses.:D

DaveinGermany 13-09-2017 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1201379)
Yeh forget Ken Clark Margaret one of thatchers lost souls.:(

In actual fact, the whining old windbag is sniffing the humble pie through the kitchen window it seems.

Ken Clarke brands Tony Blair's anti-Brexit plan hopeless and urges Remainers to give up | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2017 17:35

Son, that might be the image that he wants to portray, but I still do not trust him.
If he had not a stitch of clothing on I would worry he had a knife concealed about his person to stab someone in the back.

DaveinGermany 13-09-2017 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1201386)
Son, that might be the image that he wants to portray, but I still do not trust him.

Aye Ma. suppose you're right, he is when all's said and done a slimy politico after all.

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2017 17:54

He has always made my skin crawl.
When he tells remainders to give up....I wonder what he knows and what his motivation is....he has always always been a staunch Europhile...and leopards do not change their spots.

Exile on Spencer St 14-09-2017 07:01

C'mon, folks, it's not been all bad news.
Now everyone knows for certain that the only thing the EU will ever agree on is to put off negotiating, and Emperor Juncker has opened his mouth and reminded us why we were right to vote leave.

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2017 10:03

Yes and he has said it so plainly that I do not get why the remainers are not with us, screaming to get out.
Are they seeeing something different?
Do they really want to become an inmate in this oppressive prison?

If they really like to live under a dictator...I am sure they will find Kim Jong Un will welcome them with open arms.

Maybe we could even encourage the likes of Len Mc Cluskey( who deludedly thnks he is in the same class as nelson Mandela and Gandhi..talk about delusions of grandeur), Jeremy Corbyn and John Mc Donnell to join them.

Less 14-09-2017 15:50

The remainers are not with us because they don't like being on the losing side, no hang on, if that was true they would have voted leave, no, that can't be true they wanted to remain but, as the past year has shown them, remaining would be stupid because the EU must be obeyed no matter how stupidly they react to a democratic vote. Therefore the remainers would like to leave but dont want to lose face by admitting they were wrong, no, that cant be right because the remainers were the educated amongst us and only the ill educated sheep would agree that their first vote was wrong, no hang on, if the illeducated sheep were right maybe they arent ill educated which would make us wrong an ill educated....
and so, their life is in turmoil, our lives are in turmoil but its not their fault.

Please try to make sense of the above, the knots I've tied myself in trying to explain are far beyond my comprehension.

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2017 16:48

Oh Less, I laughed so much the tears ran down my legs (ok...TMI).

Well, all those stories that we would make nothing of ourselves if we voted to leave have turned out to be false and even some of those who were using these scare tactics are now admitting that they were wrong.
They were wrong because NO ONE could predict how things would pan out because we had never done anything on similar lines before.
Iceland has, they have not sunk without a trace.
We have to believe that we can prosper.
Confidence and self belief are very important in how we are seen by the rest of the world(which is why every politician should get behind the government...a United front is essential to beat those bustards in the EU).